Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8105
Default Re: The Honey Badger - ARRESTED!

[quote=NATI BENGALS;2711403]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
How do you explain why the vast majority of non-dopers aren't famous and successful?

He was just trying to say that all pot smokers are not idiots.

I have seen legal prescription drugs ruin more lives than I have weed.

Sure there is overkill with anything. But smoking the ganja doesn't make you an instant moron.
I hear Woody Harrelson smokes his weight in weed every day..... dude seems to be doing just fine.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49866

[quote=BengaliJack;2711459]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post

I hear Woody Harrelson smokes his weight in weed every day..... dude seems to be doing just fine.

Like I said, it's much easier to find exceptions...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 43961

Somehow there is this misconception that Tyrann is a liability in pass coverage.

Here's one report:

Man Coverage: Mathieu doesnít play a vast amount of man coverage at LSU (or at least I havenít seen him do so) because they moved him around a lot last year as a nickel corner, and this year he often plays inside on the slot guy. However, he has fluid hips, he changes directions well, he closes incredibly fast on plays in front of him, he recovers very quickly on plays behind him, and he mirrors receivers well thanks to his quick reaction time. I think he could be a great man coverage corner, I just havenít seen a ton of evidence of it yet due to how LSU uses him.

Zone Coverage: Mathieu is lethal in zone coverage for many of the same reasons he is lethal in man coverage. He is very instinctual (my guess would be that he also watches a LOT of film) and he reads quarterbacks very well. Then, once he knows where the ball is going, he is off like a rocket closing on the ball and more times than not if it is thrown near him he makes a play on it to either break up the pass or to make an interception. He is incredibly comfortable in space and his closing speed makes him a special zone corner.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.c...outing-report/
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Like I said, it's much easier to find exceptions...
Really though, a person that is already lazy, a procrastinator, doesn't take things seriously, not to bright, etc.. is gonna be that way regardless of what is, or isn't in their blood stream. Plenty of successful, well educated people smoke weed, and plenty of stupid do-nothings smoke weed too.

That's the point I was really trying to make.

Last edited by shaolinghost; 12-04-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Somehow there is this misconception that Tyrann is a liability in pass coverage.

Here's one report:

Man Coverage: Mathieu doesnít play a vast amount of man coverage at LSU (or at least I havenít seen him do so) because they moved him around a lot last year as a nickel corner, and this year he often plays inside on the slot guy. However, he has fluid hips, he changes directions well, he closes incredibly fast on plays in front of him, he recovers very quickly on plays behind him, and he mirrors receivers well thanks to his quick reaction time. I think he could be a great man coverage corner, I just havenít seen a ton of evidence of it yet due to how LSU uses him.

Zone Coverage: Mathieu is lethal in zone coverage for many of the same reasons he is lethal in man coverage. He is very instinctual (my guess would be that he also watches a LOT of film) and he reads quarterbacks very well. Then, once he knows where the ball is going, he is off like a rocket closing on the ball and more times than not if it is thrown near him he makes a play on it to either break up the pass or to make an interception. He is incredibly comfortable in space and his closing speed makes him a special zone corner.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.c...outing-report/
Based on that totally objective sounding report, I guess he is the next Darrell Revis, let's grab him with our 1st!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25879
bengals Re: The Honey Badger - ARRESTED!

[quote=BengaliJack;2711459]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post

He is not a pro football player that is subject to drug testing either is he.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8105

[quote=OSUfan;2711752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post

He is not a pro football player that is subject to drug testing either is he.
Noooo.....but he a wicked good bowler and played some nice BBall....though its rumored he cant jump very high.......something about his white DNA I believe. Lemee clear something up here...Do I believe MJ should be legalized? Absolutely.....Do I smoke dope? Not at the moment but if I choose too I dont see why I shouldnt be able too freely. Do I beleieve Athletes should be tested for MJ? No sir, not unless you are testing for alchohol as well......but I do believe players should follow the rules, and at THIS period in time... they should not be smoking weed.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!

Last edited by BengaliJack; 12-05-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 200

I love the kids swagger and ability to make big plays. Nobody is saying he's gonna be the next Revis, but his ability to make tackles while stripping the ball out is uncanny, like Peanut Tillman. He may only be 5'9 but his arms are long and I'm gonna guess he has close to a 40 inch vertical. I think Cincy would be a perfect fit for him. He's made his mistakes and there isn't a better player in the league that can counsel him about off the field consequences than Pac.