Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21919
Default Thank you Cleveland

And... the Broncos, Chargers, Falcons, Bucs, Ravens, Saints, and of course our Bengals.

For beating the Raiders and making that 2nd round Carson pick just THAT much more valuable!!!

I love that the Raiders are just plain awful (and that they beat the Steelers! LOL!)

Can I get a little gloating? Who Dey!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22791
Default Re: Thank you Cleveland

Who Dey!

I hope KC can get a little something going and send the Raiders to the bottom of the AFC West and the bottom of the AFC/NFL period.

Go Panthers! Chiefs! Jags! And anyone who plays Oakland!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3515

I think the Browns Fans would give their collective left nutt if they could beat pitt in pitt in week 17 and prevent them from going to the playoffs. Cleveland is 4-8 and could just as easily be 8-4. WIth Haden in their secondary and Trent Richardson healthy they have a shot.

I am sure to get a ton of neg rep for this, but I root for the Browns unless they are playing Cincy. They are a very distant second. The Bengals are my love beyond all other sports teams, pro or college, and it isn't even close. I started rooting for the Browns when they beat pissburg on a Thursday night game with Brady Quinn several years ago. I didn't have the NFL Network (Thank you, Time Warner pinheads) so I went to watch the game at a bar. Me, in a Bengals sweatshirt, and nearly 50 steelers fans. I took a lot of grief just walking in and sitting at the bar. I used a number of my standard jokes to retort to the standard insults of "The Bengals ****!". I would offer "The steelers swallow" and "I wanted to be a steeler fan but they said my IQ was 50 pts too high" (That one draws such a confusing look). So, I sat at the bar and traded barbs with the local meatballs and the Browns actually pulled off the upset. Man, was it fun giving it back to guys as they left. Looking back, I'm surprised no one wanted me to step outside, as I was really asking for it. I would laugh and yell "******"- the medical term for the female genetalia if it gets sensored- and guys were like "What the hell?" and I proceeded to tell them that is short for Vaginaburger, which I call Big Jen, and I would let it fly at the top of my lungs every time he got sacked, threw a pick, or made a bad play. Needless to say, I was yelling it a lot. Enough that my voice was gone the next day.

Still makes me laugh to think about how that one night made me a pseudo Browns fan, but man, was that a fun night.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13473

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonFan View Post
And... the Broncos, Chargers, Falcons, Bucs, Ravens, Saints, and of course our Bengals.

For beating the Raiders and making that 2nd round Carson pick just THAT much more valuable!!!

I love that the Raiders are just plain awful (and that they beat the Steelers! LOL!)

I wonder which potential top 15 pick is going to fall our way early in the 2nd? Nothing like another impact player while the team is getting stronger.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
I think the Browns Fans would give their collective left nutt if they could beat pitt in pitt in week 17 and prevent them from going to the playoffs. Cleveland is 4-8 and could just as easily be 8-4. WIth Haden in their secondary and Trent Richardson healthy they have a shot.

I am sure to get a ton of neg rep for this, but I root for the Browns unless they are playing Cincy. They are a very distant second. The Bengals are my love beyond all other sports teams, pro or college, and it isn't even close. I started rooting for the Browns when they beat pissburg on a Thursday night game with Brady Quinn several years ago. I didn't have the NFL Network (Thank you, Time Warner pinheads) so I went to watch the game at a bar. Me, in a Bengals sweatshirt, and nearly 50 steelers fans. I took a lot of grief just walking in and sitting at the bar. I used a number of my standard jokes to retort to the standard insults of "The Bengals ****!". I would offer "The steelers swallow" and "I wanted to be a steeler fan but they said my IQ was 50 pts too high" (That one draws such a confusing look). So, I sat at the bar and traded barbs with the local meatballs and the Browns actually pulled off the upset. Man, was it fun giving it back to guys as they left. Looking back, I'm surprised no one wanted me to step outside, as I was really asking for it. I would laugh and yell "******"- the medical term for the female genetalia if it gets sensored- and guys were like "What the hell?" and I proceeded to tell them that is short for Vaginaburger, which I call Big Jen, and I would let it fly at the top of my lungs every time he got sacked, threw a pick, or made a bad play. Needless to say, I was yelling it a lot. Enough that my voice was gone the next day.

Still makes me laugh to think about how that one night made me a pseudo Browns fan, but man, was that a fun night.
Check your guide again. I believe nfl network is channel 1346. At least it is on mine. 346 for non high def. they added it 4 or 5 weeks ago. You're welcome.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 687

Right now, OAK is no worse than fifth in the draft and likely heading for an earlier pick.

Philly is 3-9, OAK is 3-9, CAR is 3-9, KC at 2-10, and Jacksonville at 2-10.

With ties, they rotate picks each round, so OAK will likley pick one spot earlier in 2nd!

That is, if three teams are tied, then whomever picked earliest in the prior round goes to the end of the tie and the other teams move up one spot.

I can see us getting the 2nd or third pick in round 2.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3253

Oakland's remaining schedule...Denver 9-3, KC 2-10, Carolina 3-9, and San Diego 4-8.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 920

Quote:

Great post! Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736

1st pick in the 2nd round would be just as good as a second 1st rounder.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5125

Other then the Bengals on Sunday, I get no better pleasure on TV then watching Mr Palmer struggle. Hope that suntan was worth it, and good riddance.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
1st pick in the 2nd round would be just as good as a second 1st rounder.
Exactly. This is why I have been rooting hard against the Raiders the past couple of years. It's much more likely that they do poor and we receive a high second round pick. If they were to win an AFC Championship and we get that turned into a 1st round pick, it's only a few picks from what we are getting now.

Plus, we can enjoy Palmer's misery haha.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32168

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonFan View Post

SO over under on the rumors of Gruden talking to Raiders...

Not jay but John

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
Check your guide again. I believe nfl network is channel 1346. At least it is on mine. 346 for non high def. they added it 4 or 5 weeks ago. You're welcome.
Dude, this was several years ago. Time Warner came to terms several weeks ago. You're clueless.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3285

Quote:

Truth be told I usually root for AFC North teams unless they are playing us or threatening our playoff status. I like our style of football and would be happy to become the best division in football. The only problem with that (like the 1970s) is that it messes with your playoff chances.

In parts of the 1970s we were one of the best teams in football - unfortunately we had the misfortune of being in the same division as the Steelers who were the best team in football.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2032

Quote:

I wouldnt say I root for the Browns, but put it this way; id rather be going up against them for the division than Pittsburgh or Baltimore. I hope we're moving towards an AFCN uprising here, where us and Cleveland are running the pack. Them 2nd of course . I dont see it happening, but like you said Cleveland are an improving team and a bit better than they're credited for.

As for that draft pick... this trade for Palmer really couldn't have gone much better for us could it? Well they could've made the AFC Champ game and given us a first-rounder, but there's not much difference in picks atm anyways.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 273

The thing I can't understand with the Browns is what they did in this years draft. They have the opportunity to take RG3 but tried to do what we did, taking an impact 1st rounder and a QB in 2nd, but they totally failed.
Now imagine: what would be AFCN if they could got RG3?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8648

Quote:
It's channel 212 on DirecTV and that's the High Definition channel, so you're both wrong.

I know, I know, you're talking Time Warner, lol.

As for rooting for the Browns, I always root for them unless they play the Bengals. I don't know why, I just like it when they win especially this year and extra especially when they beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore, but I don't think or remember the Browns ever beating Baltimore.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
It's channel 212 on DirecTV and that's the High Definition channel, so you're both wrong.

I know, I know, you're talking Time Warner, lol.

As for rooting for the Browns, I always root for them unless they play the Bengals. I don't know why, I just like it when they win especially this year and extra especially when they beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore, but I don't think or remember the Browns ever beating Baltimore.
Ravens are 20-7
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
Exactly. This is why I have been rooting hard against the Raiders the past couple of years. It's much more likely that they do poor and we receive a high second round pick. If they were to win an AFC Championship and we get that turned into a 1st round pick, it's only a few picks from what we are getting now.

Plus, we can enjoy Palmer's misery haha.
I thought it was if they just played for the afc championship? but it doesnt change the pick too much, it just means they would have gave up a pick that was a minimum of 29th overall and at this point that pick is sitting in the mid 30's as of now, nothing too drastic but an early pick either way
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18664

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Other then the Bengals on Sunday, I get no better pleasure on TV then watching Mr Palmer struggle. Hope that suntan was worth it, and good riddance.
I agree, but it's not even with the "I hate you and I want you to fail because I WANT you to fail for what you did to us" because now it's just like "wow, you're pathetic.......... you thought this organization ****** and you were better than us and you're screwing another franchise."

I don't root for him to fail or anything other than thinking "this 2nd round pick will be like a f1st round pick, so keep doing what you do" because he's washed-up and not even worth the energy to hate him.

It's the most amazing feeling in the world when someone is so pathetic that they're not even worth my hate.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5714

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
It's the most amazing feeling in the world when someone is so pathetic that they're not even worth my hate.
This.

Palmer has earned something worse than my hatred. He has earned my indifference.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dude, this was several years ago. Time Warner came to terms several weeks ago. You're clueless.
Forgive me for trying to help you out. I was just trying to let you know Twc had nfl network. I wasn't paying attention to when your story occurred. If I actually gave two ***** about it I would go back and check. Now go take a nice warm water and vinegar bath.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcholas View Post
The thing I can't understand with the Browns is what they did in this years draft. They have the opportunity to take RG3 but tried to do what we did, taking an impact 1st rounder and a QB in 2nd, but they totally failed.
Now imagine: what would be AFCN if they could got RG3?
Aside from Richardson, their draft was horrible. No real weapons at WR/TE and a really old, average QB that still gets first round money. I would have used those picks on weapons and signed a veteran, or let McCoy have another go at it. Aaron Rogers isn't the same QB without his weapons and ask Rivers how he likes the fact that Vincent Jackson is a Buccaneer.

Either way, I will be rooting hard for them in week 17.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Forgive me for trying to help you out. I was just trying to let you know Twc had nfl network. I wasn't paying attention to when your story occurred. If I actually gave two ***** about it I would go back and check. Now go take a nice warm water and vinegar bath.
Your help was covered in sarcasm and if you would have read the post before responding you would have known that. No need to be a prique.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Your help was covered in sarcasm and if you would have read the post before responding you would have known that. No need to be a prique.
No, it wasn't. Posting the channel numbers should have been a sign of that. I told a few other people when Twc added the nfl network who didn't they had it. If you choose to take my you're welcome comment as covered in sarcasm that's your problem. There was no need to call me clueless. And u got the last thing covered.