Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143
Default Frustrating

I was reading the Week 14 Picks from WalterFootball, a site I used to use a lot for reading up about the matchups. However I noticed that he called the Bengals extremely overrated due to the fact that they 'beat three crap teams'. However, Walter picked the Bengals to lose to San Diego. If the Chargers were so crappy, why would they be picked over us? And if* he picked them over us, and we won, why are we not getting respect for this?

In addition, if you look at the recap of our game against SD, he goes on and on about SD, and gives us a couple short sentences, in which he messes up the stats for Gresham. Wonderful analysis man, not.

Finally, he tries to be funny now to the point of annoyance instead of sticking to football, something I am growing tired of. I just am disappointed his website has fallen so much in my eyes.

link to Week 14 Picks: http://walterfootball.com/picks.php

link to SD Recap: http://walterfootball.com/nflreview.php
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359
Default Re: Frustrating

The internet allows any idiot to publish anything. Don't worry about them, just worry about the Bengals.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Letting the media frustrate you, especially as a Bengal fan, is a big no no.

It's like a golden rule.

No disrespect but I'm sick of these threads about what media dbag thinks what. I would say who cares but it's evident some people actually do...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post

No disrespect but I'm sick of these threads about what media dbag thinks what. I would say who cares but it's evident some people actually do...
I care when they say good things about the Bengals. They are really smart at those times.

Otherwise they are clueless.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Letting the media frustrate you, especially as a Bengal fan, is a big no no.

It's like a golden rule.

Well, good point!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I care when they say good things about the Bengals. They are really smart at those times.

Typical bengals boards philosophy
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18656

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
I was reading the Week 14 Picks from WalterFootball, a site I used to use a lot for reading up about the matchups. However I noticed that he called the Bengals extremely overrated due to the fact that they 'beat three crap teams'. However, Walter picked the Bengals to lose to San Diego. If the Chargers were so crappy, why would they be picked over us? And if* he picked them over us, and we won, why are we not getting respect for this?

In addition, if you look at the recap of our game against SD, he goes on and on about SD, and gives us a couple short sentences, in which he messes up the stats for Gresham. Wonderful analysis man, not.

Finally, he tries to be funny now to the point of annoyance instead of sticking to football, something I am growing tired of. I just am disappointed his website has fallen so much in my eyes.

Wally's a Bengal hater from way back. Ignore him.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Rep Points: 0

well they were 3 pretty bad teams. could any of them have beaten us, yes, any given sunday, but they didn't because we are better. the giants win was a huge confidence boost, but i think we need to take 2 of 3 from dallas, pitt, and baltimore, if we want to be taken seriously. especially pitt and baltimore, the philly game away is not going to be easy either even though they are pretty much playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. we just are not at that level yet. pittsburgh just went into baltinore and won with a 3rd string 38 yrold qb. do you thinkwe'd be able to do that? until we can beat those teams consistantly, we are not going to get respect, plain and simple.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30569

Quote:

he will still link anyone arrested in college to us in the draft to guy is an ****** but he does a pretty good job with his final mock drafts.. (and i like he has us getting Rambo)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49879

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
he will still link anyone arrested in college to us in the draft to guy is an ****** but he does a pretty good job with his final mock drafts.. (and i like he has us getting Rambo)
The only time I look at the site is pre-draft.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14005

You can't argue that Oakland and KC are extremely crappy teams. SD is debatable, but not really...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7952

San Diego has lost the majority of their games in the 4th Q. They have been "in" the most of their games until the end.
As for those that want to bash M.Jones (a rookie) for having a poor game against S.D., they held A.Boldin to only three catches the previous week.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
San Diego has lost the majority of their games in the 4th Q. They have been "in" the most of their games until the end.
As for those that want to bash M.Jones (a rookie) for having a poor game against S.D., they held A.Boldin to only three catches the previous week.
cant really bash jones for his first outing. Only thing to say is "YOU Gotta catch that ball"

San deigo's D keeps them in these games.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4857

I noticed the guy in his mock drafts does tend to take pop shots at us.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 908

I've said it here before, WalterFootball is a garbage site unless you want to see what people besides Walter think about the NFL draft. His site is a compilation of outside draft boards and plagarized football analysis.

For a while, I followed his Jerks of the Week posts. Some were entertaining, most left me thinking that he was a loser, and should have been the jerk of the week each and every week.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:

Walterfootball is a joke,IMO. I got into it through email with one of them a few years back because they had us taking LeGarrett Blount in the 2nd round as a joke in their mock draft. I basically told the guy that it was disrespectful to Bengals fans that he wouldn't give us a legitimate pick and that his joke pick destroys the integrity of his mock for every pick after it,as there are players still on the board that shouldn't actually be there. He responded in a childish fashion stating that it was his mock and he would do whatever he wanted with it and went off on some long diatribe about Bernard Scott.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5957

Quote:

First off look at this guys percentages for picks. Hes horrible, Im in a football pool at work picking every game of the week with spreads and so far and am at 67% with right picks. This guy is a joke and his cute lines and choices should be enough to make you laugh at him.

So let him pick on the Bengals all he wants because at the end of the day when he goes 6 wins out of 16 who's laughing?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12489

Walter hates the Bengals. Loves to take shots at us. If you read the site enough you pick up on that. If you email him he will email you back.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1909

San Diego will beat Pittsburgh this week. Pittsburgh will let Roethisberger rest this week thinking the Chargers will be a guaranteed win and the Steelers will go down. You heard it here first folks.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
San Diego will beat Pittsburgh this week. Pittsburgh will let Roethisberger rest this week thinking the Chargers will be a guaranteed win and the Steelers will go down. You heard it here first folks.
I actually called it already but you can be sloppy seconds.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather07 View Post
First off look at this guys percentages for picks. Hes horrible, Im in a football pool at work picking every game of the week with spreads and so far and am at 67% with right picks. This guy is a joke and his cute lines and choices should be enough to make you laugh at him.

So let him pick on the Bengals all he wants because at the end of the day when he goes 6 wins out of 16 who's laughing?
2 years ago i believe i made a draft game and i used his site... He had all but 2 guys right for the round 1 and over half in the right spot.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:

We have played the easiest schedule in the AFC to this point and our strength of victory is 5th worst in the AFC.

A win against he Cowboys will get us some respect...but we have to beat the Steelers and Ravens if we want people to take us seriously.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18081

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post

Precisely, this is why Jungle Noise is full of the most knowledgeable football analysts in the country. ESPN, NFL.com, ProFootballTalk and any other football source come here to learn about the NFL first.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1909

Quote:
I actually called it already but you can be sloppy seconds.
Lol I guess I can say that u heard it here 2nd folks
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22306

Quote:

This is really nothing new coming from walterfootball. They take shots at us every chance they get.