Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19003
Default Re: Assuming we make the playoffs how do we rank compared to past Playoff Bengals tea

Not as explosive as the '05 team on offense but better on defense.

All-around better than '09 and people say our defense was better but that's only because we ran the ball so much that it drained the clock and teams didn't have a chance to score. You also have to include how horrible our play calling was in '09.

This is our best and most complete team since the turn of the century.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: Assuming we make the playoffs how do we rank compared to past Playoff Bengals tea

Head to head, this team beats any playoff team after 88.

This D is good enough to tear the 05 offense up, and almost anyone could put up 30 on that D.

This team would stuff the 09 team and they had nothing beyond running the ball.

I think this team is healthier and more ballanced than last year.

That is all predicated on this team not imploding, like they did earlier in the year.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Since declaring my fandom for the Cincinnati Bengals (April 2003), the past playoff teams in this period (2005, 2009 and 2011) lost in the first round of the playoffs. So your comparison of ranking of the 2012 Cincinnati Bengals with the above "losers" would be just that, ranking the 2012 squad against "losers".
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 14

this is the best team we have had from the recent playoff teams. Defense is stacked at dline and our corners have been good. we have never had a dline like this one or a wr like AJ or TE like Gresham. We gotta keep running it to help Andy and AJ. If the dline keeps playing like this we can beat anyone.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Assuming we make the playoffs how do we rank compared to past Playoff Bengals tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
In your opinion,how would the 2012 team rank against the 2011,2009,2005 playoff bound Bengals?

I rank this team better than all the ones you listed.

Best D-line and lots of young talent with better coaches.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1909

12 Dalton > 05 Palmer. 12 Green > 05 Chad 12 Oline > 05 line 12 Lawfirm > 05 Rudi. How was the 05 team better?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
12 Dalton > 05 Palmer. 12 Green > 05 Chad 12 Oline > 05 line 12 Lawfirm > 05 Rudi. How was the 05 team better?
You're kidding right? 05 Palmer was compared to P Manning and Brady, by everyone, Most people barely agree Dalton belongs in the top 15. 05 Chad was 3rd in yards, 3rd in catches. and tied for 4th in TDs. AJ is 5th in yards, 6th in catches, and tied for 1st in TDs both are having great years but I think you're being biased. 05 line Levi Jones, Eric Steinbech, Rich Braham, Bobbie Williams, Willie Anderson. 12 line Andrew Whitworth, Clint Boling, Trevor Robinson, Kevin Zeitler, Andre Smith. The only player on this line who can be considered better than their 05 counterpart is Whit. 05 Rudi 337 attempts 1,458 yards, 4.3 YPC, 12 TDs, and 1 fumble. Green Ellis is on pace for 301 attempts, 1,180 yards, 3.9 YPC, 7 TDs, and 4 fumbles. This offense doesn't even compare, not to mention 05 had TJ Housmandzadeh and 12 has Brandon Tate.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Bryan; 12-05-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
In your opinion,how would the 2012 team rank against the 2011,2009,2005 playoff bound Bengals?

We would be a better team than last year, no doubts there. Probably close to the 2009 team, but like that team and last year's team the passing game would be key to winning (See Benson having his career day while CP and the receivers were crappin it out). The 2005 team would be better, before CPs knee getting shredded that is. That offense was hot at that point of the season, and could have taken down any defense in the playoffs. Once CP was done tho, so was the offense and the team for that matter.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Last edited by Millz; 12-05-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
You're kidding right? 05 Palmer was compared to P Manning and Brady, by everyone, Most people barely agree Dalton belongs in the top 15. 05 Chad was 3rd in yards, 3rd in catches. and tied for 4th in TDs. AJ is 5th in yards, 6th in catches, and tied for 1st in TDs both are having great years but I think you're being biased. 05 line Levi Jones, Eric Steinbech, Rich Braham, Bobbie Williams, Willie Anderson. 12 line Andrew Whitworth, Clint Boling, Trevor Robinson, Kevin Zeitler, Andre Smith. The only player on this line who can be considered better than their 05 counterpart is Whit. 05 Rudi 337 attempts 1,458 yards, 4.3 YPC, 12 TDs, and 1 fumble. Green Ellis is on pace for 301 attempts, 1,180 yards, 3.9 YPC, 7 TDs, and 4 fumbles. This offense doesn't even compare, not to mention 05 had TJ Housmandzadeh and 12 has Brandon Tate.
Im talking overall talent. Dalton has done what hes doing without a number 2. Ive seen quite a few throws that palmer would have no chance of making. I never seen palmer split double coverage with very many throws/ Aj is better He set a bengal season record for consecutive touchdowns for crying out loud As far as the line Andre to willie is a push id take z over bobbie probably would take braham over robinson Boling is playing real well would take him over steinbach whit over levi isnt even close. Im biased never liked rudi was always wanting us to upgrade. Lawfirm is easily a better receiver and picks up blitz better
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Im talking overall talent. Dalton has done what hes doing without a number 2. Ive seen quite a few throws that palmer would have no chance of making. I never seen palmer split double coverage with very many throws/ Aj is better He set a bengal season record for consecutive touchdowns for crying out loud As far as the line Andre to willie is a push id take z over bobbie probably would take braham over robinson Boling is playing real well would take him over steinbach whit over levi isnt even close. Im biased never liked rudi was always wanting us to upgrade. Lawfirm is easily a better receiver and picks up blitz better
Willie Anderson and Andre Smith is a push? Really?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Willie Anderson and Andre Smith is a push? Really?
Ok Ill give a slight edge to willie but andre has really stepped his game up this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Ok Ill give a slight edge to willie but andre has really stepped his game up this year.
Yes he has but I'd take Big Willie in his prime over Andre any day of the week.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

not to mention this years offense is run by jay gruden compared to bratkowski. the number 2 and 3 recivers on 05 were alot better. but this year with charles and gresh destroy 05 tightends
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 65

'05 is by far the best playoff team out of those. But i would give the next edge to this team if they are able to make the playoffs. Lets be honest last years team with the youth was unpredicted and happened because of a weak schedule.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3353

This team has more long term promise than any Bengals team iv seen(Only been watching since about 2003). This D i think would rival 09's if it was healthy all year, but we still need work to get to that 2005 offense. Who did we have? Rudi getting 1200 yards a season, Chris Henry killin, Housh in the slot, and one thing Carson used to do was KILL blitzes. Seeing everyone in our dvision blitzes alot I think he did good his years. We had EVERYTHING but a TE....Ahhh man put Gresham on that team and WOW.

Actually give that years team Gresham, Reggie Nelson, and Geno Atkins and I without a doubt say we make AFC championship game

Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19557

I think the 2005 team with Carson was the best team we've ever had. Granted the defense wasn't a shutdown defense but it created turnovers like crazy.
Obviously without Carson, it was a bad team. But that's what we played with that day.

In terms of the team that will be playing in the playoffs, this is by far the best team since we made it to the super bowl.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

m takin Willie over Andre, but Andre does have the possibility to be at his level.
I like that concept of player VS player. I got another one....

Carlos Dunlap VS Justin Smith....PLEASE dont look at stats just say who youd pick before you go chek the stat page. Dont factor in anything extra to your choice.

For me its really hard, because I loved Justin, but I also love Dunlap. I may give it to Dunlap tho because the guy is ALWAYS in the QBs space. idk if he'll match up in sacks but Dunlap puts on ALOT of CONSTANT pressure

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40594

CP9 > Andy
Rudi > Ben
Jeremi > Pressley
Chad < AJ
TJ > ?
Kelly < Gresh
Levi = Whit
Stieny > Boling
Braham > Robinson
Bobbie > Z
Willie > Andre
Justin > MJ
Thornton < Geno
S.Smith < Peko
Geathers < Dunlap
Simmons > Manny
Odell > Rey
Landon > Burfict
Deltha > Leon
Tory > Newman
Kaesviharn < Reggie
Ohalete < Crocker

2005 - 14.5
2012- 7.5
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
CP9 > Andy
Rudi > Ben
Jeremi > Pressley
Chad < AJ
TJ > Baby Hawk
Kelly < Gresh
Levi = Whit
Stieny > Boling
Braham > Robinson
Bobbie > Z
Willie > Andre
Justin > MJ
Thornton < Geno
S.Smith < Peko
Geathers < Dunlap
Simmons > Manny
Odell > Rey
Landon < Burfict
Deltha > Leon
Tory < Newman
Kaesviharn < Reggie
Ohalete < Crocker

2005 - 14.5
2012- 7.5
I only changed a couple

Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 52275

Quote:
CP9 > Andy
Rudi > Ben
Jeremi > Pressley
Chad < AJ
TJ > ?
Kelly < Gresh
Levi = Whit
Stieny > Boling
Braham > Robinson
Bobbie > Z
Willie > Andre
Justin > MJ
Thornton < Geno
S.Smith < Peko
Geathers < Dunlap
Simmons > Manny
Odell > Rey
Landon > Burfict
Deltha > Leon
Tory > Newman
Kaesviharn < Reggie
Ohalete < Crocker

2005 - 14.5
2012- 7.5
This is kind of spooky, but I agree with this exactly. Even down to calling a tie between Whit and Levi.

But I would say the '05 was even better because they also had Chris Perry (607 yards from scrimmage and 31 first downs) and #3 WR Chris Henry (31 rec - 422 yds -13.6 avg - 6 tds - 19 first downs)

However some of the young guys on the current team have a chance to be as good or even better than their '05 counterparts (Zeitler, Boling, Burfict)
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Carson was real good in 05. For some reason Andy is most underrated player in the NFL. Andy is pretty damn elite in his own right that double coverage throw to tate for a TD a couple weeks back was flat out ridiculous Carson would have never been able to fit that throw in their. Aaron Rodgers beside for Dalton is only qb in NFL capable of making that throw.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
This is kind of spooky, but I agree with this exactly. Even down to calling a tie between Whit and Levi.

But I would say the '05 was even better because they also had Chris Perry (607 yards from scrimmage and 31 first downs) and #3 WR Chris Henry (31 rec - 422 yds -13.6 avg - 6 tds - 19 first downs)

However some of the young guys on the current team have a chance to be as good or even better than their '05 counterparts (Zeitler, Boling, Burfict)
There's hope for you yet Fred.

No doubt the future is brighter for this current squad than the '05 squad; however, that '05 squad woulda won the SB if not for CP9's injury.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Carson was real good in 05. For some reason Andy is most underrated player in the NFL. Andy is pretty damn elite in his own right that double coverage throw to tate for a TD a couple weeks back was flat out ridiculous Carson would have never been able to fit that throw in their. Aaron Rodgers beside for Dalton is only qb in NFL capable of making that throw.
I'm not the biggest CP9 fan on these boards; WTS, there was not a throw the '05 Palmer could not make.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I'm not the biggest CP9 fan on these boards; WTS, there was not a throw the '05 Palmer could not make.
The only thing elite about palmer imo was his deep ball. I think our explosive in their prime receivers made him look a little better than he really was. Jon kitna put up decent numbers with our receivers. 05 carson wouldnt put up as good as numbers as dalton with no tj or henry. he would be close imo only because dalton hasnt reached his ceiling yet.

Last edited by bengalfan4life27c; 12-05-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Depends. Probably better than 11, equal to 09, worse than 05

Granted, it doesn't really matter

Agree with this, our 2005 defense was statistically as good but they were "opportunistic" and our offense was incredible. That team I truly believe had a shot until KIMO!!!