Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 156
bengals Yahoo playoff generator

I was messing around with yahoo's playoff generator to determine possible playoff scenarios.

Unfortunately I have the Steelers winning out as AFC north champs getting the 4 seed.

I have the Ravens losing out to Washington, Denver, the giants, and the Bengals and not making the playoffs.

I think the bengals win all their games except at Pitt and we get the 6 seed and face Denver and the Colts get the 5 seed and face Pitt.

Under this scenario if the Ravens go 1-3 and the Bengals go 3-1 while Pitt goes undefeated, the ravens get the wild card and bengals miss the playoffs.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234
Default Re: Yahoo playoff generator

The Ravens will not lose out.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 249

And the Steelers won't win out
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 286

i dont think we win out...

And colts could lose 2 to 3 games....

Just win and advance and it takes care of it self...js
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2444

Man who cares about playoff scenarios at this point. JUST BEAT DALLAS. 1 game at a time.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31377

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Man who cares about playoff scenarios at this point. JUST BEAT DALLAS. 1 game at a time.
agreed

Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2984

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsanebengal View Post
i dont think we win out...

And colts could lose 2 to 3 games....

Just win and advance and it takes care of it self...js
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...=defensiverank

This one is pretty cool. If you project the rest of the season by defensive rank, the Bengals, Rats, and steelers all make it and the Colts finish 9-7.

Young, Deep, Talented, and Driven. 12-4, AFC North Champs
This year, they make a run...
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.mcgee View Post
I was messing around with yahoo's playoff generator to determine possible playoff scenarios.

Unfortunately I have the Steelers winning out as AFC north champs getting the 4 seed.

I have the Ravens losing out to Washington, Denver, the giants, and the Bengals and not making the playoffs.

I think the bengals win all their games except at Pitt and we get the 6 seed and face Denver and the Colts get the 5 seed and face Pitt.

Under this scenario if the Ravens go 1-3 and the Bengals go 3-1 while Pitt goes undefeated, the ravens get the wild card and bengals miss the playoffs.

The Bengals did what they needed to last week against San Diego. However, losses by the Colts and Steelers would have been huge especially with the Colts still having to play the Texans twice. Problem is that even at 9-7 Colts probably get the nod over us. The Steelers loss would have been huge because they would have been forced to go one loss the rest of the way. I still think it will come down to the Steelers Bengals game but a loss to someone else would be Huge. Come on Chargers knock off the Steelers!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Rep Points: 20
bengals Re: Yahoo playoff generator

Is it really a matter of on-the-field with the Bengals, though? I have to believe there's a lot between the temples that is keeping the Bengals from the playoffs this year. Can the Bengals stay poised enough to make the AFC Wild Card?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_KayBee View Post
Is it really a matter of on-the-field with the Bengals, though? I have to believe there's a lot between the temples that is keeping the Bengals from the playoffs this year. Can the Bengals stay poised enough to make the AFC Wild Card?
The only reason this team would have 'a lot between the temples' keeping them making the playoffs, is if they would read posts and articles like that. The vast majority of this team is either too young to have been part of the Bengals historic meltdowns, or have come over recently from other teams. I continue to see posts like this all over the board about 'Bengals in the past always blow it, etc., etc.....' This is a whole new team with a whole new attitude. If anyone watching the San Diego game couldn;t realize that, then you are stuck too far into the past. Cincinnati overcame 3 turnovers and took a solid fourth-quarter win in that game. The drive is there. It seems clear to me these guys are in it for the long-haul and rapidly changing the culture in the locker room. We have a group of winners everywhere now, no reason to expect anything different moving foward.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 650

Entering Week 13 of the 2012 National Football League season, the Cincinnati Bengals are:

a) One win less than the Indianapolis Colts who hold the first wild card

b) Tied in wins with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the second wild card team, who hold one-half of the first tie-breaker (head to head).

The suggestion to "win out" for the Cincinnati Bengals is the correct suggestion and reflects the best attitude to be taken into the National Football League playoffs.

In my preseason prediction, I have the Cincinnati Bengals losing to the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, With the consequence of missing the National Football League playoffs. But of course my preseason prediction was incorrect by prediciting wins in the Miami Dolphins' and second Cleveland Browns' games and a loss to the New York Gaints. The next 4 games for the Cincinnati Bengals will tell volumes of the determination of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Entering Week 13 of the 2012 National Football League season, the Cincinnati Bengals are:

a) One win less than the Indianapolis Colts who hold the first wild card

b) Tied in wins with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the second wild card team, who hold one-half of the first tie-breaker (head to head).

The suggestion to "win out" for the Cincinnati Bengals is the correct suggestion and reflects the best attitude to be taken into the National Football League playoffs.

In my preseason prediction, I have the Cincinnati Bengals losing to the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, With the consequence of missing the National Football League playoffs. But of course my preseason prediction was incorrect by prediciting wins in the Miami Dolphins' and second Cleveland Browns' games and a loss to the New York Gaints. The next 4 games for the Cincinnati Bengals will tell volumes of the determination of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Don't forget to leave out you picking us to lose to San Diego

And how come you don't call the giants the New York football Giants anymore??

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Btw op this thread is a bit silly... Just saying.

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5112

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh lose to SD honestly.... SD has a top 10 defense, and Rivers is capable of putting up big numbers when he wants to.

Never know....
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.mcgee View Post

I'll tell you how it's going to go. The Ravens are going to lose 3 of the last 4 to fall to 10-6. We will lose 1 more and finish 10-6. The Steelers will lose 1 OR 2 to finish 10-6 or 9-7 and one of those losses will be to us. It would be hilarious to see all 3 teams finish 10-6 and have the Steelers miss out on the playoffs.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Rep Points: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh lose to SD honestly.... SD has a top 10 defense, and Rivers is capable of putting up big numbers when he wants to.

Never know....
I guess they didn't want to last week? SD is down to like one real starter on the oline and pittsburgh is getting healthier by the minute and are playing at home. I don't think the steelers lose this game and frankly the only game i see them maybe losing is the cowboys game the week after. They were starting to roll before ben went down and with him back they are going to be tough to beat regular and post season. We have a better chance of seeing indy falter due to them having to play the texans twice in these next 4 games.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
The Ravens will not lose out.
It continually astonishes me that people consider this a realistic possibility. 9-2 teams don't lose out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
And how come you don't call the giants the New York football Giants anymore??
Please respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
I'll tell you how it's going to go. The Ravens are going to lose 3 of the last 4 to fall to 10-6. We will lose 1 more and finish 10-6. The Steelers will lose 1 OR 2 to finish 10-6 or 9-7 and one of those losses will be to us. It would be hilarious to see all 3 teams finish 10-6 and have the Steelers miss out on the playoffs.
That would be beautiful
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The next 4 games for the Cincinnati Bengals will tell volumes of the determination of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791

Quote:

Never know....
I agree, this has upset and "trap game" written all over it. I think Rapestburger is coming back to soon, a few good hits on his left side and he will be out for maybe the rest of the season. If not SD beating the Stoolers I do see Dallas beating them. We can only afford to lose one more game to make the playoffs, I'm kind of holding my breath about Dallas this weekend, and I think Eagles will be a bloodbath in Bengals favor. I want so badly for the Bengals to have a 6-game winning streak going in Pittsburgh.

BTW I "get it" that some people are saying "one game at a time"; but honestly thats a team and coaching thing. As fans, we can look at all games and possible scenarios. Hell I'm thinking about this team in 2013 facing the NFC North and the possibilites there. Plus I'm in Milwaukee and can't wait for the Bengals to face Green Bay. But I digress, my point is the "one game at a time" thingy, doesn't apply to us.

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24693

Quote:

Yeah, if we take care of our business we will be in bidness.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:
We're fans, not players. What we talk about on here has nothing to do with the team's performance.

I'm already thinking about the draft.

I DO think you have to look at some of these scenarios, because it will let you know who to cheer for in the other games. For instance, that Detroit loss to Indy is really going to hurt down the road.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791

Actually, from playing this the ESPN Playoff Generator, I can see Ravens losing out. They have a pretty touch schedule remaining and they have some key injuries. I played with it, had us lose to Dallas (Worse case scenario), and winning the rest. Had Ravens losing out, and Stoolers losing to Dallas and us. In that case, we'd win division, Ravens would be 6th seed and Pitts wouldn't make playoffs. It's not impossible at all.

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1986

Quote:

Never know....
Id be a bit surprised if they do lose tbh considering how SD played against us, and this one's in Pittsburgh.But I agree, SD on their day can be a real handful for anybody, but tbh I think we're going back a couple of seasons for that perception of the Chargers.