Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467
Default A Simple Question

I come here, and I see the arguments. I see the belittling, the ridiculing. I see people who don't have a clue who they're "typing to", slam each other. And I'm going to be totally honest with all of you. I don't understand it.

Conservatives, liberals. Believers, non-believers. Rich, poor. Educated, and non-educated. All of this on a message board, for a football team. We fight and argue, try to come off as better, smarter, than other members. And my simple question is, why?

I wasn't raised this way. Am I just baffled as to why it has to be this way. Anyone want to answer me without using any of the aforementioned tactics?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73324
Default Re: A Simple Question

People want the best for everyone, and obviously thi their way is the best, so sometimes people can get defensive to another person's ideals
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32584

Welcome to the internet.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6514

Ah the humanity of it all. We are spinning off into specie extinction nearing the end of a stabilized geophysical and globalized climate period of short duration which allowed for the small window of mammalian domination of the planet. Animalistic tribal defense mechanisms which bristle at potential competitor individuals we see as different or not fitting into our comfort zone of cave-clan group mentality, even if they can't be seen with the eye, set off tribalistic alarms and trigger the auto-defense reaction of ancient kill or be killed instinct imbedded in the Alpha Male concept of wolf pack inheritance within the DNA structure, but with the more modern so-called civilized mitigations of win at all costs through competition of verbalized weapon exchange. It is the price payed for evolutionary gains made far too fast for genetic adaptation; the specie literally dropping out of trees on the grassey savannah of not so long ago, to instantly use a computer and a keyboard interconnected at some distant juncture through the same wired network to a planetary nuclear arsenal.

Or, this is all a dream and you are interacting with a large super-computerized matrix programmed to manipulate your brain into seeing responses it is wired to expect as you are the last and sole survivor of a lost planet which was cast out of its host sun orbit into space hurtling through the dark cold void in a futile search of the warmth from a sun it will never find as you unwittingly pilot the controls which the network is telling your brain is nothing more than a 21st Century football forum fansite.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-06-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 53294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Ah the humanity of it all. We are spinning off into specie extinction nearing the end of a stabilized geophysical and globalized climate period of short duration which allowed for the small window of mammalian domination of the planet. Animalistic tribal defense mechanisms which bristle at potential competitor individuals we see as different or not fitting into our comfort zone of cave-clan group mentality, even if they can't be seen with the eye, set off tribalistic alarms and trigger the auto-defense reaction of ancient kill or be killed instinct imbedded in the Alpha Male concept of wolf pack inheritance within the DNA structure, but with the more modern so-called civilized mitigations of win at all costs through competition of verbalized weapon exchange. It is the price payed for evolutionary gains made far too fast for genetic adaptation; the specie literally dropping out of trees on the grassey savannah of not so long ago, to instantly use a computer and a keyboard interconnected at some distant juncture through the same wired network to a planetary nuclear arsenal.

Or, this is all a dream and you are interacting with a large super-computerized matrix programmed to manipulate your brain into seeing responses it is wired to expect as you are the last and sole survivor of a lost planet which was cast out of its host sun orbit into space hurtling through the dark cold void in a futile search of the warmth from a sun it will never find as you unwittingly pilot the controls which the network is telling your brain is nothing more than a 21st Century football forum fansite.

I love it when you say "grassey savannah"......it just makes yor eyes sparkle
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 53294

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I come here, and I see the arguments. I see the belittling, the ridiculing. I see people who don't have a clue who they're "typing to", slam each other. And I'm going to be totally honest with all of you. I don't understand it.

Conservatives, liberals. Believers, non-believers. Rich, poor. Educated, and non-educated. All of this on a message board, for a football team. We fight and argue, try to come off as better, smarter, than other members. And my simple question is, why?

I wasn't raised this way. Am I just baffled as to why it has to be this way. Anyone want to answer me without using any of the aforementioned tactics?
I'd like to think at least most weren't raised this way. Something about the anonymity that seems to bring out the ugliest of some I suppose. Good that this sort of behavior has yet to catch on outside of the message board; would lead to a few experiences some would regret I imagine.
Why this lack of respect for others? Wish I knew, but that's where it begins from my perspective.

Last edited by wildcats forever; 12-06-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24160

Because kid, you just got owned
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5094

Yea....Ive noticed the trend as as well. I can post about something as simple as the ingredients of a Pinapple Upside Down Cake and some wanna-be genius will a ton of rep will trash my post without fail, then four of his wanna-be brainiac buddies will chirp in to kiss up to the loser.........but hey, my wifes hot...I have a good job, got my health and a great family. If those guys <and you know exactly who you are> need to trash people to make themselves feel better... meh. Merry Christmas anyway

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!

Last edited by BengaliJack; 12-06-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

It's a different culture these days. The Internet has had amazing benefits, but it also gives people the ability to use bully tactics they wouldn't use in a face to face meeting. I don't argue that much. If I have ever engaged in an argument on here, or even in an actual physical meeting, I say my piece, and I respect those who say theirs. I know the way I was raised, what I believe in, but I don't know where others are coming from when it relates to their upbringing. They didn't live in my house. I didn't live in theirs. What I value, respect, believe, they might have valued, respected, and believed something different. You can't get your point across so loudly that you drown out someone else's legitimate belief. It's like when you hear the voice of someone you know and love. It's different than a random stranger's, and you relate to it differently, because you have a special place for that voice. Everyone here has a right to speak their mind, but once you've spoken it, I believe it's time to listen. I respect the debates, but when you're always at the podium, you're missing what others might have to say about the matter.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10464

Because Mikey, when people get on the internet, it has the same effect of getting a Mogwai wet or feeding it after midnight.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
Something about the anonymity that seems to bring out the ugliest of some I suppose.
That pretty much sums up the Internet. Always a bunch of tough guys that can say what they want bc you can't put a face/name to someone that's anonymous and they think it's ok to get away with it. That's why a lot of websites have gone to the Facebook login system where your info is out there and it seems to be working I see a ton less degrading stuff being said than before. Which is also why my pic is on my profile.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12004

Quote:

Good post Rumble!!!!

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikod View Post
Welcome to the internet.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16453
bengals Re: A Simple Question

Its the last form of honest communication. Unfortunately, humans just aren't kind in nature, as SK explained above.....
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28411

Quote:

For me it boils down to this....Stupidity.

In the smack forum all bets are off...If you are their and you have a thin skin GTFO. As everyone knows in there I am an equal opportunity smacker...Does not matter what team you root for I will not defend you simply because you root for the same team as I do.

Everywhere else:

Conservatives and Liberals a like I will attack your stupidity because stupidity breeds stupidity. I have seen both conservatives and liberals argue that employers are violating the first amendment rights of an employee that they fired for statements that they made. This is fairly stupid but when you see the same person do it again months later to me it seems like they have an agenda and at that moment my agenda becomes the unequivocal dismantling of that person’s ability to pass that garbage on to the next person...Because stupidity breads stupidity.

Believers: you will not find a single post of mine that will indicate that a believer can not be happy or fulfilled because of their belief in a god. However when I find a post by a believer indicating that it is not possible for me or another person that does not believe in either a god or the specific god they believe in you better bet I will bring the full force of my being against that person. Why you ask...Because stupidity breeds stupidity.

Rich/Poor: If you are arguing that either all rich people are trust fund babies and conversely all poor people just need to get a job, or try to argue that Rich people are stealing from the poor and conversely poor people are a great burden to our taxes...I call BS to all that garbage. Its stupidity

Educated /Non educated.....Come on man...get educated on the topics you want to discuss. There is no excuse.

The last thing I would like to point out. Get a thicker skin (not speaking directly to you RC) all of you. Most posts here are to be taken in a lighthearted, joking manner. If you post something and I respond to it most of the time unless you did any of the above, I am just making a joke and it should be taken as such. I’m sure you were not raised to be grown babies either. Sticks and Stones my friend, Sticks and Stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Too long to read?

Tl;Dr

Tighten up ya big bunch of babies.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1729

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Too long to read?

Tl;Dr

Tighten up ya big bunch of babies.
Moral of the story. Stupidity breeds stupidity. Amiright?!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange85 View Post
Moral of the story. Stupidity breeds stupidity. Amiright?!
Mosdef!

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32058

Quote:

Like whenever you tease a friend People that have the biggest reactions are the funniest to pick on and get picked on often. You can either get offended and react and fight or you can roll with it and turn it your favor...

Humans in any setting jokey for position of Status. social structure is pretty similar to what it was 30,000 years ago its just on new platforms and theres more people

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44787

Meh, the internet is essentially human id in digital form. You just got to learn to take it all in stride... and most of the times, just laugh your *** off.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5418

Quote:

It's just this media.
Give Delbert a monitor and keyboard, and he "CAN" become the smartest and most brutal "message board warrior" in the forum.
Just because he doesn't have to look someone in the eyes, when he is spewing his hate or nonsense.

By the way. All other answers s..k. And this thread has failed more epically than the most failed thread ever!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

Interesting.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Interesting.
That's it!?!

We post enough information in response to your simple question to fill the Congressional Library and all you got to say is; Interesting...?

October 24, 1937

Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
I love it when you say "grassey savannah"......it just makes yor eyes sparkle

October 24, 1937

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
That's it!?!

We post enough information in response to your simple question to fill the Congressional Library and all you got to say is; Interesting...?
Still baffling to me. Sorry. I've been a member of other boards of various subject matter, and I've never seen this like it gets here. Arguing and anonymity are one thing. And thanks to those who welcomed me to the internet, much appreciated. But the full scale, rude and sometimes disgusting things that are said here, are just, non-justifiable, in any way people want to put it. I'm not that big, and I'm not the baddest dude on earth. But regardless of how big some people are on here, if they were to talk to me face to face like I've seen, we're going to throw down.