Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 AM
coachmcneil71's Avatar
coachmcneil71 coachmcneil71 is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tin pan alley!
Posts: 2,635
Rep Points: 8705
Default Chris Crocker

Just wanted to give him some serious props. He comes in off of the streets at mid-season, in playing shape,steps right in, and immediately improves the defense.
The defense has played much better with Chris in there and the team has reeled off four in a row.
He looks healthy this season and is showing the younger safeties how it's done.
Great job!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,171
Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Nice post. I never thought I would see the day around here when people are giving Crocker the credit he is due. Now,...I'll admit, he didn't always deserve a whole lot of it, but this year, he's worked out great for the Bengals. I'm glad they brought him back in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Cackey Lackey
Posts: 8,513
Rep Points: 9125
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Just wanted to give him some serious props. He comes in off of the streets at mid-season, in playing shape,steps right in, and immediately improves the defense.
The defense has played much better with Chris in there and the team has reeled off four in a row.
He looks healthy this season and is showing the younger safeties how it's done.
Great job!
Agree totally, and I think this is the first time its been acknowledged on the board. Everyone ragged on him for his crappy play towards the end of last season, but since hes been back on the squad we have greatly improved defensively as a unit. Its almost like his presence alone has a calming effect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Monster's Avatar
Monster Monster is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 579
Rep Points: 738
Default Re: Chris Crocker

It also says alot about the level of safety on the team. This position will need to be a priority this off season. He is a great defensive leader and has a great defensive mind, too bad his body is breaking down.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 AM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,358
Rep Points: 73507
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Agree totally, and I think this is the first time its been acknowledged on the board. Everyone ragged on him for his crappy play towards the end of last season, but since hes been back on the squad we have greatly improved defensively as a unit. Its almost like his presence alone has a calming effect.
It's because he's intelligent. While Nelson is very good, he can't make good secondary calls. The revolving door at SS didn't help either. Crocker doesn't have super ability, and that will eventually bite us, but as of now he's taking advantage of mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,947
Rep Points: 23791
bengals Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Just wanted to give him some serious props. He comes in off of the streets at mid-season, in playing shape,steps right in, and immediately improves the defense.
The defense has played much better with Chris in there and the team has reeled off four in a row.
He looks healthy this season and is showing the younger safeties how it's done.
Great job!
I would honestly like to see Crocker re-signed. Even if not in a starting capacity. Whether many like it or not he improves this defense with his knowledge of the game. He may not be the most physically gifted but he has football smarts. I would at least like to see him back in a backup role as he is an asset to have on the sideline at the very least. He would be a great guy to keep around to groom a young safety.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Trademark's Avatar
Trademark Trademark is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 2,966
Rep Points: 2710
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Who Dey ! He has looked very good and hopefully we resign him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Au165 Au165 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,616
Rep Points: 5305
Default Re: Chris Crocker

We need to make sure we keep Crocker around until we are positive we have a SS who can fill and and make the right calls in the secondary. I honestly think that may have been one of the biggest reasons for our slow defensive start.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Magikod's Avatar
Magikod Magikod is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 25,279
Rep Points: 32932
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
We need to make sure we keep Crocker around until we are positive we have a SS who can fill and and make the right calls in the secondary. I honestly think that may have been one of the biggest reasons for our slow defensive start.
I agree, Crocker has really improved our defense.
__________________
Do you play Counter-Strike 1.6 or CS:GO? If so PM me to play.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 AM
pdub2005's Avatar
pdub2005 pdub2005 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,151
Rep Points: 3235
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Nice post. I never thought I would see the day around here when people are giving Crocker the credit he is due. Now,...I'll admit, he didn't always deserve a whole lot of it, but this year, he's worked out great for the Bengals. I'm glad they brought him back in.
I gotta admit, Crocker has been a key cog this season. He's always had a little bit of a nose for the football when it comes to turnovers, but he is really played good overall football this season.

Side note:

Love the picture in your sig!
__________________
"It's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get."
-Homer Simpson

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
bengals Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
It also says alot about the level of safety on the team. This position will need to be a priority this off season. He is a great defensive leader and has a great defensive mind, too bad his body is breaking down.
This is the reason his play wasn't very good last season. Chances are most of the year he was playing through injury. Being able to get surgery over the off-season and have all the time through camp, pre-season, first couple games to rest; has really made the difference in his ability to perform. I think the guy just got run down over the last couple seasons and never had a real chance to recover. Now, he's reconstructed and refreshed and making some nice plays. I haven't seen him lay the big hit on anybody yet this season though, that's something I miss from early in his career. The guy has shown he's a bit of a ball-hawk though and we can definitely use some more of that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:37 AM
M.W.'s Avatar
M.W. M.W. is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 4,530
Rep Points: 5167
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I would honestly like to see Crocker re-signed. Even if not in a starting capacity. Whether many like it or not he improves this defense with his knowledge of the game. He may not be the most physically gifted but he has football smarts. I would at least like to see him back in a backup role as he is an asset to have on the sideline at the very least. He would be a great guy to keep around to groom a young safety.
I agree, how can you not like a guy who makes such a positive impact?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Treee's Avatar
Treee Treee is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(.o)/
Posts: 3,929
Rep Points: 18083
Default Re: Chris Crocker

It was stated earlier in the year that Crocker was brought it to run the show on D. If the dude can at least play at an average level and make sure our guys are lined up alright, we'll be okay.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,251
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Crocker is playing very well and arguably playing the best football since he's been a Bengal, with maybe 09 being better.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Bryan; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
bengals67 bengals67 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 832
Rep Points: 2864
Default Re: Chris Crocker

The defense has played at a much higher level after Crocker returned.

He deserves a lot of credit.

Good thinking by Marvin and Zim to re-sign him !
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM
bleedorange85's Avatar
bleedorange85 bleedorange85 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 801
Rep Points: 1839
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Crocker is playing very and arguably playing the best football since he's been a Bengal, with maybe 09 being better,
That's probably bc they sat him down and was like, "you pull that garbage like you did in last years playoff game and your gone." He knows this is probably his last chance anywhere, so he's making good and playing sound and intelligent football. A little more missed tackles than I'd like to see but he's worked out well so far this year.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM
PApinhead's Avatar
PApinhead PApinhead is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grampian, PA
Posts: 4,824
Rep Points: 12776
Default Re: Chris Crocker

He has played well and helped our D. I'm all for bringing him back next year.
__________________


Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Rleis Rleis is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 71
Rep Points: 142
Default

Without looking at the actual numbers, the guy has to be leading the D in interceptions. Not that that's saying too much for our team and its lack of them, but still.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
bengals Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rleis View Post
Without looking at the actual numbers, the guy has to be leading the D in interceptions. Not that that's saying too much for our team and its lack of them, but still.
Yes, I believe he has three with Newman second holding two from the Broncos game. As you say, not a lot of picks to brag about but, he's still at the top and the one he does have have been in key situations.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
M.W.'s Avatar
M.W. M.W. is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 4,530
Rep Points: 5167
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Yes, I believe he has three with Newman second holding two from the Broncos game. As you say, not a lot of picks to brag about but, he's still at the top and the one he does have have been in key situations.
And he hasn't played in that many games since he started the season watching the games from home.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,727
Rep Points: 13650
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Just wanted to give him some serious props. He comes in off of the streets at mid-season, in playing shape,steps right in, and immediately improves the defense.
The defense has played much better with Chris in there and the team has reeled off four in a row.
He looks healthy this season and is showing the younger safeties how it's done.
Great job!
When we finally draft a Safety this year, they need to be more than just good, they need to be smart. We were missing somebody who could get us into the right alignments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
When we finally draft a Safety this year, they need to be more than just good, they need to be smart. We were missing somebody who could get us into the right alignments.
We picked up Iloka this year in the draft and he may make an impact next year. I liked how he looked at Boise and was high on this pick when we grabbed him. We'll see how that pans out with him making calls if he gets the chance.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
tcholas's Avatar
tcholas tcholas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 289
Rep Points: 291
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Love the hit he did in Santonio Holmes in a TNF in 2008 @PIT, the commentor said: "Chris Crocker, with the ROCKER! Baboom!"

He is playing well, but is old.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
We picked up Iloka this year in the draft and he may make an impact next year. I liked how he looked at Boise and was high on this pick when we grabbed him. We'll see how that pans out with him making calls if he gets the chance.
I liked him a lot too, but he looked terrible in preaseason. I hope he continues to develop because he has great physical tools.
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
Default Re: Chris Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
I liked him a lot too, but he looked terrible in preaseason. I hope he continues to develop because he has great physical tools.
Yeah, I saw a couple of flashes during pre-season (forced a fumble, I think), but nothing compared to his play at Boise. His skill set is there, let's just hope the coaches coax it out of him and get it to transfer to the NFL level. The guy can hit when he's out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.