Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3571
Default Re: Even his own team is calling him a *****

Lol...2 eat crow and 1 bogus thread by Dmac18
Gotta be a record for fail.

Even his own team is calling him a *****
Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers
So we get a whole week with out Colt's fan

No wonder he's been quiet lately.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKiller View Post
Um... no!

"But the Steelers knew early last week Roethlisberger wasn't going to be able to play against the Ravens."

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that Roethlisberger frustrated some inside the organization

This ^^^^^^^^
Did you check the date on your Post Gazette article. It's dated today. If they knew he wouldn't play early last week,and the Post Gazette had good sources within the organization,then why didn't they report it last week? Why did they wait until today AFTER an article came out concerning frustration with his rehab,and in fact cite said article in their own? Perhaps the Steelers PR department slid that to the Post Gazette as damage control? It's very easy to say after the fact that,"Oh,yeah,we knew he couldn't go all along. We were just trying to leave the door open in case he MIRACULOUSLY got better."

At the end of the day,it's a total non-issue,anyways. The Steelers won. Ben was/is hurt fairly badly. I can't really blame the guy if in fact he did try to make sure he was comfortable playing before he came back. It's his career. He's the one that's going to lose tens of millions of dollars if it becomes a career ender. However,until some sources get named by either side,it boils down to he said,she said,and as I said,people will believe what they want. Ben haters will say he pussed out. Ben lovers will say it's a manufactured story to smear his reputation.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5029

La Canfora currently resides in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife and children.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4674

Not surprised...whats surprising is the Steelers started Leftwitch ahead of Batch.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12336

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
Cat, you by chance post at a certain Steeler site where referring to La Confora as Peaches is common place? That guy has zero sources within the franchise and embarrasses himself every time he "reports" on them.

He's unimpeachable!!!
Are you talking about Fury? I read that site pretty much daily but never post. I used to post on the old "Stillers" site, but after that crashed and burned I moved over to Fury for Steelers news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Did you check the date on your Post Gazette article. It's dated today. If they knew he wouldn't play early last week,and the Post Gazette had good sources within the organization,then why didn't they report it last week? Why did they wait until today AFTER an article came out concerning frustration with his rehab,and in fact cite said article in their own? Perhaps the Steelers PR department slid that to the Post Gazette as damage control? It's very easy to say after the fact that,"Oh,yeah,we knew he couldn't go all along. We were just trying to leave the door open in case he MIRACULOUSLY got better."

At the end of the day,it's a total non-issue,anyways. The Steelers won. Ben was/is hurt fairly badly. I can't really blame the guy if in fact he did try to make sure he was comfortable playing before he came back. It's his career. He's the one that's going to lose tens of millions of dollars if it becomes a career ender. However,until some sources get named by either side,it boils down to he said,she said,and as I said,people will believe what they want. Ben haters will say he pussed out. Ben lovers will say it's a manufactured story to smear his reputation.
Or how about a logical explanation. That being, Peaches La Canfora is a know nothing hack who has no "sources" and is constantly wrong on anything Steeler related.
Also,(more logic coming) the Steelers knew early in the week that Ben would not be able to play, but stated there was a chance just to keep the Ravens guessing. I know, I know, gosh darn logic.
“Eventually, it won’t be football. If every time someone gets hurt we decide to take that play out of football it will be a different game. They need to change the name of it and change the name of the league." - Ryan Clark
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
You're calling him names because you failed to post your source in the OP? You also posted it as a response to my saying the article was BS, hence him calling you out.
Thanks for explaining that to him.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Are you talking about Fury? I read that site pretty much daily but never post. I used to post on the old "Stillers" site, but after that crashed and burned I moved over to Fury for Steelers news.

Or how about a logical explanation. That being, Peaches La Canfora is a know nothing hack who has no "sources" and is constantly wrong on anything Steeler related.
Also,(more logic coming) the Steelers knew early in the week that Ben would not be able to play, but stated there was a chance just to keep the Ravens guessing. I know, I know, gosh darn logic.
Really? Was La Canfora wrong about this?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/10/la-c...ing-back-ward/

Or this?

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...oncerned-byron

Or this?

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...adams-ankle-is

The cries of Steelers Nation saying that the guy is always wrong about the Steelers are complete BS. I'm certain that there's stuff that he's gotten wrong in the past,don't get me wrong,but I've also been around long enough to know how you kids love to drop the "he doesn't know anything about the Steelers" card on any reporter who says anything negative about the Steelers. As I said,people will believe what they want to the believe.

As for your explaination,it makes no sense. Why? Because the story refuting La Canfora's is a news source,not the Steelers themselves. In the news buisness,everybody is trying to get the "scoop." If the Post Gazette knew last week that he wouldn't play,they would have reported it last week to beat everybody else. The Steelers probably told them this week that they knew he couldn't play as a refute to La Canfora's story,and they reported it. Like the Steelers would actually cop to it if the story was true. The Steelers,as an organization,have more to gain by lying in this instance.

Once again,until the reporters start naming some names,it's he said,she said. Believe what you want. If you want to give Ben the benefit of the doubt,then cool. But don't sit there and try to act like it's anything more than you giving him the benefit of the doubt,because the circumstances surrounding your source are suspicious,and as I said,the Steelers have a lot more to gain by lying. Plus,it's not like Ben doesn't have a track record with this. Remember Hines Ward publicly calling him out for sitting with a concussion a few years back?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2077

Quote:

Or this?

Or this?

The cries of Steelers Nation saying that the guy is always wrong about the Steelers are complete BS. I'm certain that there's stuff that he's gotten wrong in the past,don't get me wrong,but I've also been around long enough to know how you kids love to drop the "he doesn't know anything about the Steelers" card on any reporter who says anything negative about the Steelers. As I said,people will believe what they want to the believe.

As for your explaination,it makes no sense. Why? Because the story refuting La Canfora's is a news source,not the Steelers themselves. In the news buisness,everybody is trying to get the "scoop." If the Post Gazette knew last week that he wouldn't play,they would have reported it last week to beat everybody else. The Steelers probably told them this week that they knew he couldn't play as a refute to La Canfora's story,and they reported it. Like the Steelers would actually cop to it if the story was true. The Steelers,as an organization,have more to gain by lying in this instance.

Once again,until the reporters start naming some names,it's he said,she said. Believe what you want. If you want to give Ben the benefit of the doubt,then cool. But don't sit there and try to act like it's anything more than you giving him the benefit of the doubt,because the circumstances surrounding your source are suspicious,and as I said,the Steelers have a lot more to gain by lying. Plus,it's not like Ben doesn't have a track record with this. Remember Hines Ward publicly calling him out for sitting with a concussion a few years back?
Was it really that hard for him to figure out Lefty was hurt? Were his eyes his sources? He knew Adams would be out for a while after he suffered a high ankle sprain? The guy must be a frickin doctor or something..... And predicting Ward was done with the Steelers was even more obvious than predicting Mendenhall won't be back next year.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Big Ben reportedly upset some by not pushing to play

Ben Roethlisberger reportedly surprised his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates by refusing to push himself in practice in the days leading up to Sunday's showdown against the Baltimore Ravens.
CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that Roethlisberger frustrated some inside the organization by doing little more than toss the ball on the sideline after he was medically cleared to practice this week, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin sat down with Big Ben and told the quarterback he'd have to fully practice Friday or be ruled out on that day's injury report, according to La Canfora, who reported that many inside team walls expected Roethlisberger to play.
Big Ben's injury originally was described as a dangerous and rare rib setback that might shelve him deep into the season. The Steelers have been a shadow of themselves in his absence. It's not surprising to hear of internal pressure on Roethlisberger to suit up, but it's an unusual area of criticism for a player who has built a sturdy reputation of playing through pain.
Here I thought this thread was about 31teamsfan.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12336

Quote:

Or this?

Or this?

Interesting. Hows the weather over there in FantasyConspiracyVille?

Well, I gotta run. Got lots of things to do over here in Logic land. If you're ever in the area, maybe we can talk.
“Eventually, it won’t be football. If every time someone gets hurt we decide to take that play out of football it will be a different game. They need to change the name of it and change the name of the league." - Ryan Clark
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Interesting. Hows the weather over there in FantasyConspiracyVille?

Well, I gotta run. Got lots of things to do over here in Logic land. If you're ever in the area, maybe we can talk.
FantasyConspiracyVille? Isn't that where 99% of Steeler Nation resides whenever Ben gets accussed of rape? Or one of the Steelers gets arrested? Or Goodell fines one of the Steelers? Or somebody writes something negative about the Steelers?