Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1846
Default Re: Cowboys Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ying11 View Post
Dez couldn't even hold AJ's jock strap. I give him a solid two-three more years in the NFL and he is gone because of his off the field issues.
do share your take on pacman jones.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6495

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
Please continue to use that logic to compare AJ Green to Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, and everyone else.

You can't have it both ways.

Dez Bryant didn't start his career as a #1 option, AJ did.

What point are you guys trying to prove here? Nobody is saying Dez Bryant is better than AJ Green.

At the same time, it's not like they're on different levels either. If that's the case, Calvin Johnson is light years ahead of AJ Green.
Logic? You mean facts, as opposed to your epic fail?

Megatron 88 games 54 TD's, 7300 yards -- AVG .61 TD's per game, 82 yards per game.

I guess averaging .97 LESS TD's per game is light years ahead? Spark up another one.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Logic? You mean facts, as opposed to your epic fail?

Megatron 88 games 54 TD's, 7300 yards -- AVG .61 TD's per game, 82 yards per game.

I guess averaging .97 LESS TD's per game is light years ahead? Spark up another one.
I don't really have a dog in this fight but I do know that AJ Green has not averaged 1.6 TDs per game throughout his career. I don't even think he has 20 TDs for his career.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Please continue to use that logic to compare AJ Green to Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, and everyone else.

What point are you guys trying to prove here? Nobody is saying Dez Bryant is better than AJ Green.

At the same time, it's not like they're on different levels either. If that's the case, Calvin Johnson is light years ahead of AJ Green.
To further illustrate your FAIL

Fitzgerald -- 136 games, 77 TD's -- AVG .56 TD's per game, 77 yards per game
Welker -- 135 games, 26 TD's -- AVG .26 TD's per game, 61 yards per game

Any more brain busters?

Last edited by Rattler; 12-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 956

Quote:

We are talking about AJ and Dez. Complete that then we can move on.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
AJ -- AVG - 1.58 TD's that's OVER a TD and a half PER GAME!
Dude 0 WRs ever have averaged 1.6 TDs per game.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24143

Quote:
AJ is a clear step above Bryant and the stats prove it.

AJ - 27 games -- 17 TD's, 2,164 yards -- AVG = 1.58 TD's per game, 80 yards per game
Dez - 39 games -- 23 TD's, 2,467 yards -- AVG = 0.58 TD's per game, 63 yards per game

AJ averaging a full TD more per game. Nuff said.
Actually, AJ is averaging 0.63 TD's per game.

Quote:

You obviously have some bias living in Arlington. AJ is clearly better than Dez. I've watched them both. Dez is close in physical talent, but the dude is a bonehead. How many Romo int's were caused by Dez this year? Megatron > AJ >> Dez.

I will say this, Dez has been on fire lately, going 26-388-5 in his last 3 games. We'll see if he can keep it up.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

You obviously have some bias living in Arlington. AJ is clearly better than Dez. I've watched them both. Dez is close in physical talent, but the dude is a bonehead. How many Romo int's were caused by Dez this year? Megatron > AJ >> Dez.

I will say this, Dez has been on fire lately, going 26-388-5 in his last 3 games. We'll see if he can keep it up.
Yeah you're right it is .63

Only one I can find off the top of my head higher is Jerry Rice with .65
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
To further illustrate your FAIL

Fitzgerald -- 136 games, 77 TD's -- AVG .56 TD's per game, 77 yards per game
Welker -- 135 games, 26 TD's -- AVG .26 TD's per game, 61 yards per game

Any more brain busters?

Dude you're pretty much an idiot.

I"m just gonna throw you on my ignore list.

thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Dude you're pretty much an idiot.

I"m just gonna throw you on my ignore list.

thanks
Yeah, right after every receiver you mentioned has LESS TD percentage than AJ, with Bryant bringing up the rear -- ignore away.

Enjoy watching your cowgirls collect their ****** rings after the game Sunday
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

I think AJ is better than Dez Bryant. I just don't think the gap is in light years like some people here that believe teams only play football when they're shown on the Red Zone channel.

Dez Bryant plays really good football. Dez Bryant is what you would call an offensive Terrance Newman. He could be great if he wasn't such a bonehead.

And yes I live in Arlington so i do get to watch the Cowboys all the time. But that conversation has been made in another thread already.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I think AJ is better than Dez Bryant. I just don't think the gap is in light years like some people here that believe teams only play football when they're shown on the Red Zone channel.

Dez Bryant plays really good football. Dez Bryant is what you would call an offensive Terrance Newman. He could be great if he wasn't such a bonehead.

And yes I live in Arlington so i do get to watch the Cowboys all the time. But that conversation has been made in another thread already.
It took the guy 3 years to figure it out and AJ has been doing it since day one but they aren't light years apart.....😦.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
It took the guy 3 years to figure it out and AJ has been doing it since day one but they aren't light years apart.....😦.
Thanks for proving my point. If you had any football knowledge outside your own team you'd know Dez and AJ green had pretty identical stats last year too.

Go back to your Red Zone channel...., my ignore list is getting pretty crowded these days.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. If you had any football knowledge outside your own team you'd know Dez and AJ green had pretty identical stats last year too.

Go back to your Red Zone channel...., my ignore list is getting pretty crowded these days.
In his second year you don't get it. He has been in a year longer and has dropsy issues. But yeah they compare...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24693
bengals Re: Cowboys Fans

Quote:

Are you a Cowboyz fan or a Bengals fan?

Seriously. I am not disputing anything you say here either. Just wondering.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2795

Quote:
In his second year you don't get it. He has been in a year longer and has dropsy issues. But yeah they compare...

Dez only has two more drops than AJ, 7 to 5. Dez is very talented, but they are in two different situations. AJ Green has 1107 yards, and the next closest target is Gresham with 593 yards, and the next closest wideout is Hawkins with 441 yards. Dez has 978 yards, Witten is next with 818, and Austin is the next closest wideout with 773. The Bengals passing relies HEAVILY on Green, while the Cowboys spread it around more.

Regardless, AJ is the better receiver, but he isn't light years better than Dez. I'd still take Calvin over AJ, but that may be it.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Dez only has two more drops than AJ, 7 to 5. Dez is very talented, but they are in two different situations. AJ Green has 1107 yards, and the next closest target is Gresham with 593 yards, and the next closest wideout is Hawkins with 441 yards. Dez has 978 yards, Witten is next with 818, and Austin is the next closest wideout with 773. The Bengals passing relies HEAVILY on Green, while the Cowboys spread it around more.

Regardless, AJ is the better receiver, but he isn't light years better than Dez. I'd still take Calvin over AJ, but that may be it.
NFL.com Dez 8 AJ 3
Old 12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
NFL.com Dez 8 AJ 3

Thats the official stat then.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
NFL.com Dez 8 AJ 3
Guess there's variation in what people presume is a drop then. PFF has it 7 to 5, which is what I use, so arguing the point is moot since we both have different sources.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

You guys are really under rating the unbelieveable catches. Dez is a product of what he has around him. AJ has no one... Even Julio has Roddy.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Guess there's variation in what people presume is a drop then. PFF has it 7 to 5, which is what I use, so arguing the point is moot since we both have different sources.
Lol yeah I fight the PFF boys all the time no need to go there.👍
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73156

Cowboys have quietly won 3 of their last 4 and didn't lose in an awful fashion to teh Redskins. Not only that, Dez has been playing great the past few weeks. Of course, AJ is still better, but the Cowboys will be an incredibly difficult opponent
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Cowboys have quietly won 3 of their last 4 and didn't lose in an awful fashion to teh Redskins. Not only that, Dez has been playing great the past few weeks. Of course, AJ is still better, but the Cowboys will be an incredibly difficult opponent

Depends on how much we hit Romo.

I am thinking we are going to hit him a lot.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Lol yeah I fight the PFF boys all the time no need to go there.👍
Don't see why, it's really an excellent source, obviously only when you couple it with watching the games. Most people "fight it" because it shows something other than what they support, and since it isn't "NFL.com" they just label it as fake, stupid, and unreliable when it's actually extremely accurate. I already fought with someone like that, a friend of mind who believed through-and-through that Suh was the best DT. I told him Geno was. I gave him every stat on rushing the passer and stops in the run game that PFF provided and he simply disregarded it as fake and unreliable since it wasn't the NFL website. Now, he's heard other people, such as analysts claim that Geno is the best DT in the league and he finally gave in and stopped arguing it.

And as to your previous post, I'm not underrating anything. I said that AJ Green is better than Dez, but it's not like Dez can't hold AJ's jock strap. Dez is a very talented receiver. He's just in a different situation.