Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17942
Default Re: Bob Costas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
I'm a Bob Costas fan. Used to love watching "Later with Bob Costas".

As for the issue at hand, I had an Uncle commit suicide with a gun, and know of at least one other person personally who did so.
And...the gun was the issue or your uncles inability to lead a productive life?

Just stop with the gun stuff.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38280

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
Off topic but I'd like to say I've lost respect for Bob Costas. His Olympic style speeches during half time have always struck a nerve, and last night was icing on the cake.

He used the tragedy in KC as his stance on gun control. He was talking about young men with loud stereos and went babbling on about our current society. WHAT A JOKE..Bob Costas, you are a tool
Agreed, I've been saying for a while now that he takes himself waaaaayyyy to seriously and is always trying to parlay his role as a sports announcer into this over the top "I'm an insightful commentator on the world we live in" sort of deal, ugh. It's very off putting, but he's been NBC's boy for a while now, so they continue to put him up on that pedestal.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
F Bob Costas. Did Obama pay him to say that or what? I want my guns to protect myself from the government.
What exactly does Obama have to do with guns? This administration hasn't done anything about guns, they've ignored them.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
What exactly does Obama have to do with guns? This administration hasn't done anything about guns, they've ignored them.
Are you saying Fast and Furious is nothing? This post just shows how totally unaware you truly are.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29992

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronomo View Post
Are you saying Fast and Furious is nothing? This post just shows how totally unaware you truly are.
You mean the very program that was started under the Bush Administration as early as 2006...Yeah so what exactly has Obama done about guns that Bush hasn't?

The answer is nothing and at the end of his second term it will still be nothing. By the way I am all for the government attempting to keep these weapons from being trafficked into Mexico. I am also all for the Ownership of guns in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in response to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7595

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronomo View Post
You can drop the insults, I'm not impressed. Fast and Furious was a tempest in a tea pot, or tea bag if you prefer. And it has nothing to do with gun restrictions. Which is what Costas was talking about.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2475

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Agreed, I've been saying for a while now that he takes himself waaaaayyyy to seriously and is always trying to parlay his role as a sports announcer into this over the top "I'm an insightful commentator on the world we live in" sort of deal, ugh. It's very off putting, but he's been NBC's boy for a while now, so they continue to put him up on that pedestal.
Amen

I bet he's a real ****** in person too. The guy has nothing to do with football but we have to listen to him during half time. I think I'd rather listen to warren sapp or Michael Irvin instead, as painful as that sounds.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14806

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
Amen

I bet he's a real ****** in person too. The guy has nothing to do with football but we have to listen to him during half time. I think I'd rather listen to warren sapp or Michael Irvin instead, as painful as that sounds.
I like listening to Bernie during the Browns preseason games because he is so sloshed by the 3rd quarter that it is entertaining.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert