Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,441
Rep Points: 41567
Default Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Did one early in the College season, just to see how good I was and it turned out I was great:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...67#post2702067

However, there is always room for improvement. So I wanted to throw one out before the Bowl Season and All Star games sway some opinions

1- Alec Ogletree ILB UGA


Athletic LB that is still learning the position. Was all over the field in the SEC title game. Where he will play is the question. Kid has cover skills to play WILL, Pass rushing skills to play SAM, and run support, smarts to play ILB. Re-sign Howard, put him at WILL and see which combination of Burfict and Ogletree works out best at SAM, MIKE.

2A- Matt Elam SS UF


Playmaking SS that carries a wallop. Elam is a Safety capable at excelling at all 3 levels (Pass rush, run support, coverage) as displayed in his last game against arch rival FSU (7 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT). Folks rightly criticize Elam for somethimes going for the hit instead of wrapping up,but the dude is always in the right place.

2B- Brandon Jenkins DE FSU


Injury early put him on the shelf this year, but the 2 previous years he has shown the ability to get after the QB (21.5 sacks, 33.5 TFL). If he woulda played this year he'd probably be in 1st round discussions.

3- Kenjon Barner RB OU


A 1-2 punch of KJB and BJE in the backfield could be the 1st step toward making the Bengal's O truely elite. KJB can flat out fly possible 4.3 speed. I've watched KJB a lot and he is more than just a scat back, did a lot of his damage between the tackles.

4th- Chris Harper WR KSU


Numbers don't pop off the chart because K-State has a FB playing QB. When called upon though Harper can but up big time numbers (11 catches for 123 yards when forced into a shoot out with Baylor). Dude is BIG 6'1" 230 lbs; however, he has 4.4 speed. Excels at taking the top off the D. Has a catch of at least 20 yards in every game this year except 1 (30+ in half his games). Kid is an athlete, played QB at Oregon as a true Freshman.

5- Tyrann Mathieu DB LSU


We'd be lucky if he's there; however, there are huge question marks about him and some may not be willing to take the risk.

6A- Manase Foketi OT, W.TX,


Dude has been all over the map. 1st 2 years were spent at Mt. San Antonio Junior College. Transfered to K-State for Junior year and was a standout LT. Got injued early Senior year and was granted a red shirt. Played Senior Year at DIV II West Texas, where he was dominate.

6B- Dustin Hopkins PK FSU


Enough of Nuge's inconcitancy and health problems. Let's bring in the best Place Kicking prospect in the nation.

Last edited by bfine32; 12-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM
stknux stknux is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 63
Rep Points: 61
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Looks like a fine, potential draft. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,486
Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock



This draft would make us contenders for years to come.

Great job Bfine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
BengalDawg BengalDawg is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 250
Rep Points: 487
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Other than not wanting to get within a 100 yard of the Honey Badger I like this draft a lot. That kid is a problem and a dynamic return man, thats it. He doesn't look great in coverage and would only really contribute on special teams
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Prediction:"herp derp, Elam is Taylor Mays, herp derp"

That said, aside from Ogletree and Elam, rest is o.k.
Not sure I like all the risks involved, or value of some guys.
__________________


Last edited by TGISunday; 12-06-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
D.Boon's Avatar
D.Boon D.Boon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,184
Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stknux View Post
Looks like a fine, potential draft. Thanks for posting.
pun intended?

Awesome draft btw...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

I guess he forgot we have 2 6th round picks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,604
Rep Points: 6668
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Really like this draft.

The only pick I don't like is Elam. I would much rather have Vacarro.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
hacker hacker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,264
Rep Points: 1367
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Great draft. My only worry is waiting until Rd 3 for a RB. We saw last year that guys that were projected to be 2nd and 3rd rders go much earlier. We MUST get a quality speed back adn I would rather take one bit early and have him than wait and be without
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
coachmcneil71's Avatar
coachmcneil71 coachmcneil71 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tin pan alley!
Posts: 2,655
Rep Points: 9056
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Great draft! There will be some good rb's still left in the 3rd. The kid out of LSU in the 5th is a potential steal and could be well worth the risk in the 5th if he gets his act together.
See...J.Jenkins and A.Jones.
Yes I know J.Jenkins may still screw up but 3 defensive td's in two weeks and one of them the game winner against SF speaks fairly loudly.
Many trashed Jones but he has steadily proven his value to this team.
Ogletree's play speaks for itself and I like the three Florida/FSU kids.
Reallly good mock!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
ishouldbegm's Avatar
ishouldbegm ishouldbegm is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Posts: 9,288
Rep Points: 8978
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

no wr's please
__________________
1st Ereck Flowers T
2nd Eric Kendricks LB
3rd Titus Davis WR
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
no wr's please
lol. love your one-liners
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,747
Rep Points: 10653
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

I very much like this draft. I would be pretty happy if the Bengals came out with this
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,362
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

I like this as well Bfine. Ogletree still could return to Georgia, but he may not have a reason to, as his stock is already high. I think Ogletree has a better shot at playing SAM than Mosley IMO, and is a very good playmaker.

The only things I would change would be a different CB in the fifth as I don't think Honey Badger will be there at the pick. The other choice, which is just personal preference, would be change the backup OT pick to a blocking TE pick. But then again, the only blocking TE I think that is worth drafting is Michael Williams. If he isn't available in 6, then might as well go backup OT.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
1stbaseman44's Avatar
1stbaseman44 1stbaseman44 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Rep Points: 24
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

love the harper pick and with the offense he plays in the wr's have to run block. he was a transfer from oregon. plus a leader and good kid. can only hope the bengals pick him.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,441
Rep Points: 41567
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post
Other than not wanting to get within a 100 yard of the Honey Badger I like this draft a lot. That kid is a problem and a dynamic return man, thats it. He doesn't look great in coverage and would only really contribute on special teams
Mathieu is just fine in coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Prediction:"herp derp, Elam is Taylor Mays, herp derp"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post

The only pick I don't like is Elam.
This board is really the only place I see negative attitude toward Elam's play, but there is a lot of it. Think less Taylor Mays think more Ed Reed. A hard hitter that can cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaseman44 View Post
love the harper pick and with the offense he plays in the wr's have to run block. he was a transfer from oregon. plus a leader and good kid. can only hope the bengals pick him.
Kid has a chance to have a Stephen Hill type of explosion at the combine. 6'1" 230, 4.4 speed, and sure hands
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,362
Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaseman44 View Post
love the harper pick and with the offense he plays in the wr's have to run block. he was a transfer from oregon. plus a leader and good kid. can only hope the bengals pick him.
Agree about Harper. He will be underrated due to less than stellar numbers. But as some people on here think we don't need a WR2 anyway, we could get Harper for depth and see if he can compete for that WR2 position on the outside. Harper is better than either Tate or Binns anyway, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM
1stbaseman44's Avatar
1stbaseman44 1stbaseman44 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Rep Points: 24
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

binns and tate should be goners
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,379
Rep Points: 35113
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Prediction:"herp derp, Elam is Taylor Mays, herp derp"

That said, aside from Ogletree and Elam, rest is o.k.
Not sure I like all the risks involved, or value of some guys.
If you found a way to rearrange to get a RB earlier and Rambo in the 3rd i like it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,441
Rep Points: 41567
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
If you found a way to rearrange to get a RB earlier and Rambo in the 3rd i like it.
Rambo is a FS, we don't need one of those. We need a SS. I like Rambo, but I think Elam brings more of what we need and is a much higher rated prospect.

Last edited by bfine32; 12-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,331
Rep Points: 31543
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Did one early in the College season, just to see how good I was and it turned out I was great:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...67#post2702067

However, there is always room for improvement. So I wanted to throw one out before the Bowl Season and All Star games sway some opinions

1- Alec Ogletree ILB UGA


Athletic LB that is still learning the position. Was all over the field in the SEC title game. Where he will play is the question. Kid has cover skills to play WILL, Pass rushing skills to play SAM, and run support, smarts to play ILB. Re-sign Howard, put him at WILL and see which combination of Burfict and Ogletree works out best at SAM, MIKE.

2A- Matt Elam SS UF


Playmaking SS that carries a wallop. Elam is a Safety capable at excelling at all 3 levels (Pass rush, run support, coverage) as displayed in his last game against arch rival FSU (7 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT). Folks rightly criticize Elam for somethimes going for the hit instead of wrapping up,but the dude is always in the right place.

2B- Brandon Jenkins DE FSU


Injury early put him on the shelf this year, but the 2 previous years he has shown the ability to get after the QB (21.5 sacks, 33.5 TFL). If he woulda played this year he'd probably be in 1st round discussions.

3- Kenjon Barner RB OU


A 1-2 punch of KJB and BJE in the backfield could be the 1st step toward making the Bengal's O truely elite. KJB can flat out fly possible 4.3 speed. I've watched KJB a lot and he is more than just a scat back, did a lot of his damage between the tackles.

4th- Chris Harper WR KSU


Numbers don't pop off the chart because K-State has a FB playing QB. When called upon though Harper can but up big time numbers (11 catches for 123 yards when forced into a shoot out with Baylor). Dude is BIG 6'1" 230 lbs; however, he has 4.4 speed. Excels at taking the top off the D. Has a catch of at least 20 yards in every game this year except 1 (30+ in half his games). Kid is an athlete, played QB at Oregon as a true Freshman.

5- Tyrann Mathieu DB LSU


We'd be lucky if he's there; however, there are huge question marks about him and some may not be willing to take the risk.

6A- Manase Foketi OT, W.TX,


Dude has been all over the map. 1st 2 years were spent at Mt. San Antonio Junior College. Transfered to K-State for Junior year and was a standout LT. Got injued early Senior year and was granted a red shirt. Played Senior Year at DIV II West Texas, where he was dominate.

6B- Dustin Hopkins PK FSU


Enough of Nuge's inconcitancy and health problems. Let's bring in the best Place Kicking prospect in the nation.
I absolutely love this mock. You address LB, S, DE, RB and WR with quality picks. I love Ogletree and Elam. Love Jenkins' potential. Barner might be my favorite RB in this class. I also would love to take a shot on the Honey Badger. I can see him being a solid slot corner and return man. This mock would be hard to top in my book. Good work.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,840
Rep Points: 30022
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
see which combination of Burfict and Ogletree works out best at SAM, MIKE
I think Rey has done well enough the past few weeks that as long as he keeps it up he will be the starting MLB next year.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,441
Rep Points: 41567
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I think Rey has done well enough the past few weeks that as long as he keeps it up he will be the starting MLB next year.
Do you think Rey is a better Mike than Howard is a Will?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Do you think Rey is a better Mike than Howard is a Will?
That's not even a fair question!

Also--in reference to drafting Rambo--I wanted to mention the whole FS/SS thing has wiggle room IMO. Slight assignment change, not nearly as drastic as safety to cb or safety to LB.

Or as we've found out in recent years, DL to LB and visa versa.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:06 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Points: 3955
Default Re: Fine's end of Regular Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I think Rey has done well enough the past few weeks that as long as he keeps it up he will be the starting MLB next year.
I'm not so certain. He's done much better since dropping weight and being called out, and I'm happy that he has. But, You look at his body of work, and I see him being let go then picked up as an inside backer on a 3-4 team and fitting in better. Or not. All the same, he just hasn't shown me enough to warrant a multi-year commitment to him in the middle.

We really could use at least one, hopefully two defensive leaders who can call signals and get guys lined up correctly in our back seven. As evidenced by Crocker's re-signing mid season, that's certainly true of the secondary. I think we could use that at MLB, too.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.