Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11968
Default Re: A Simple Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I have friends that are christian, and they might take this the wrong way.
You either spend way too much time worrying what others think, or the people that take offense take themselves wat too seriously.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
Looks your the one who can't handle debates!
Followed by this.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
You either spend way too much time worrying what others think, or the people that take offense take themselves wat too seriously.
Probably both.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Probably both.
Well stop it. Especially in regards to that poster.

Bumpy Trumpy, MS etc. etc etc

You let faceless people get to you too much.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Good points all. Another thing is the overall tone can lead to an escalation factor. The more it goes on, the more likely it will snowball. New members would tend to accept the tone they see, older members would be more likely to adopt the negative tones also. One after another, the arguments, insults, etc., just domino effect and escalate. I've stopped entering some threads where I see it happening. I have to admit I haven't stopped posting in all subjects. At that point what's the sense of being in here. I've been in arguments in here, but have begun to back off mostly. Just for this reason. What does it matter? Really, who cares in the end?
Honestly, some people enjoy a good debate, myself included. Problem is, with the anonymity of the internet and the rampant "internet tough guy" syndrome that accompanies it, debates all too often devolve into ******* contests. You would think that with the anonymity the internet provides, people would actually be MORE likely to admit when they're wrong or just agree to disagree, but that doesn't happen very often.

I think a lot of posters fall into a trap where they pretty much create a persona for themselves seperate of what's going on in their real life, and take wayyyy too much stock in that persona. You see plenty of posters on here, and I won't name names but you know who they are, who are the self-styled "Intellectual Enforcer" of these boards. Admitting that they are wrong or even agreeing to disagree chips away at the credibility of that persona, or so they think, so they will resort to name calling, neg rep, childish tantrums, and argue in circles about a topic for days on end to attempt to cling to that precious credibility. After all, they are here to correct people who are wrong, so how can they be wrong themselves or the person they are trying correct not be wrong?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Well man, they likely know you well enough to know that you weren't being serious. I seriously think that most on here realize that you are a sincere individual at heart, and that you like to joke around. And, if they did choose to judge you from one comment, taken out of context, then that in itself would be un-christian like.
Thanks bro. I'm gonna' get off of here and go break something. Catch you later!

See your CP buddy!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

This should apply to everyone lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 26586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Honestly, some people enjoy a good debate, myself included. Problem is, with the anonymity of the internet and the rampant "internet tough guy" syndrome that accompanies it, debates all too often devolve into ******* contests. You would think that with the anonymity the internet provides, people would actually be MORE likely to admit when they're wrong or just agree to disagree, but that doesn't happen very often.

I think a lot of posters fall into a trap where they pretty much create a persona for themselves seperate of what's going on in their real life, and take wayyyy too much stock in that persona. You see plenty of posters on here, and I won't name names but you know who they are, who are the self-styled "Intellectual Enforcer" of these boards. Admitting that they are wrong or even agreeing to disagree chips away at the credibility of that persona, or so they think, so they will resort to name calling, neg rep, childish tantrums, and argue in circles about a topic for days on end to attempt to cling to that precious credibility. After all, they are here to correct people who are wrong, so how can they be wrong themselves or the person they are trying correct not be wrong?
you're totally wrong here...

Quote:
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Then I'm good at hiding it......I was kidding.
I figured you were, as was I. I think our posts kinda prove the point.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
I figured you were, as was I. I think our posts kinda prove the point.
Yup

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6471

Quote:
Probably both.
Just block em, then you ain't got to even see what they've said. Who cares what they said anyway...

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
you're totally wrong here...
Maybe.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: A Simple Question

Quote:
I come here, and I see the arguments. I see the belittling, the ridiculing. I see people who don't have a clue who they're "typing to", slam each other. And I'm going to be totally honest with all of you. I don't understand it.

Conservatives, liberals. Believers, non-believers. Rich, poor. Educated, and non-educated. All of this on a message board, for a football team. We fight and argue, try to come off as better, smarter, than other members. And my simple question is, why?

I wasn't raised this way. Am I just baffled as to why it has to be this way. Anyone want to answer me without using any of the aforementioned tactics?
Plain and simple, it is the way they were raised, the way the household acted, and believed, is the way the children act, and believe as adults, it's what their parents did, that dictates what a child does. only my opinion.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Plain and simple, it is the way they were raised, the way the household acted, and believed, is the way the children act, and believe as adults, it's what their parents did, that dictates what a child does. only my opinion.
I disagree. I think that half of the people who are known for these actions would not do anything resembling what they do here in real life.

Big difference when you are a nameless person behind a keyboard.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27388

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
"We all dance on the strings of our fathers and their fathers before them"

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I disagree. I think that half of the people who are known for these actions would not do anything resembling what they do here in real life.

Big difference when you are a nameless person behind a keyboard.
I agree. For many posters on the internet, it's a way for them to say and do things that they've always fantasized about doing, but don't/can't in real life.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: A Simple Question

Quote:
I agree. For many posters on the internet, it's a way for them to say and do things that they've always fantasized about doing, but don't/can't in real life.
Could be right, but so many seem to be young, spoiled brats, some respond to things without even thinking it through.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
Your baby attitude is noted....now cry us all a river why don't ya.
I am not crying by stating the obvious regarding the diversities of the Internet. It is a simple truth that the Internet is world wide made up of people with different beliefs, ideas and thoughts. When a person types a sentence that is not grammatically correct or has spelling errors, that does not mean they are not intelligent. My instructors always told us, you are here to learn engineering. For that reason I always double checked my reports, but here on the message board I don't, because it quite frankly doesn't matter imo as too whether it is correct or not.

With that being said, what is the limit as far as personal attacks are concerned? IMO I believe that insulting a persons family is going too far, for the simple reason that the family is not known, Now remarks about the individual who is posting is something totally different especially in Smack Talk.

You are quite correct when you say that the people who go there need thicker skins.
I am not angry, just confused as too why it is necessary to attempt a person's identity. There is not a single thread in Smack where the conversations get derailed to who is who. Why can't we just forget about that stuff and stick with the topics at hand.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
thats what video games and books are for.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
thats what video games and books are for.
Or the wife!

October 24, 1937

Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Or the wife!
ehh i guess lol..

Message boards are for posting opinions....

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
ehh i guess lol..

Message boards are for posting opinions....
Well, you remember what David Duke said. In response to a question about his affiliation as the Grand Wizard of the Klan, he responded; "Well, we're all Wizards under the sheets."

October 24, 1937

Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3525

Quote:
Still baffling to me. Sorry. I've been a member of other boards of various subject matter, and I've never seen this like it gets here. Arguing and anonymity are one thing. And thanks to those who welcomed me to the internet, much appreciated. But the full scale, rude and sometimes disgusting things that are said here, are just, non-justifiable, in any way people want to put it. I'm not that big, and I'm not the baddest dude on earth. But regardless of how big some people are on here, if they were to talk to me face to face like I've seen, we're going to throw down.
Agreed....and you know who you are.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, you remember what David Duke said. In response to a question about his affiliation as the Grand Wizard of the Klan, he responded; "Well, we're all Wizards under the sheets."
Some of us just have bigger wands..... lol

or did i go the wrong way with that...

Anytime i hear Grand Wizard i Think Grand PooBah from fraggle rock.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry