Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31662
Default Re: Another reason why Tebow must stay in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakerocket View Post
Referencing Kyle Orton doesn't help prove your point.
Saying the Broncos are better with Peyton Manning doesn't help prove yours.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29027

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Good point, maybe not so good as a traditional single TE, but as an H-back or in a 2TE set, he could be dangerous.
True. I like the H-back option as it gives him more time to work a blocking assignment where as he would be devastated more than not when having to block on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Considering only skill and not any outside factors, you think Bruce Gradkowski is a better option as a backup?

Keep in mind that Tebow has a better TD to INT ratio, yards per attempt average, yards per completion, touchdown %, int %, passer rating, rushing yards and has a 9-6 record as starter, compared to Grad's 6-14 record. He also has a playoff win under his belt.

But I guess Grad has a (slightly) higher completion %. Maybe that's the only stat that matters?
I would rather have Gradkowski on my team any day....

AJ green would be wasted with Tebow throwing the ball.

Not everything is a clear and dry as a record....

Tebow won those games because the D kept them in it the first 3 QTRs of every game where all he could do is run the ball... and couldnt complete a pass. I want a QB that isnt just good in the 4th QTR.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I would rather have Gradkowski on my team any day....

AJ green would be wasted with Tebow throwing the ball.

Not everything is a clear and dry as a record....

Tebow won those games because the D kept them in it the first 3 QTRs of every game where all he could do is run the ball... and couldnt complete a pass. I want a QB that isnt just good in the 4th QTR.
AJ Green would be wasted with Grad throwing the ball. Have you seen that guy throw? All he does is check down. I saw that in training camp, preseason and regular season. Tebow's stats are better across the board, not just in the win column. As for Tebow only being good in the 4th quarter, Grad isn't good in ANY quarter. At least Tebow would give you a shot to win. Grad had some solid defenses in TB, but he still had a losing record as starter there.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 12-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
AJ Green would be wasted with Grad throwing the ball. Have you seen that guy throw? All he does is check down. I saw that in training camp, preseason and regular season. Tebow's stats are better across the board, not just in the win column. As for Tebow only being good in the 4th quarter, Grad isn't good in ANY quarter. At least Tebow would give you a shot to win. Grad had some solid defenses in TB, but he still had a losing record as starter there.
Tebow brings the Circus the one thing we dont want here.. incase you forgetten or havent watched any NFL news this year all they do is talk about the jets and there QB's...

Dalton is a good QB if we need a new backup DRAFT 1
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13460

Quote:
Tebow brings the Circus the one thing we dont want here.. incase you forgetten or havent watched any NFL news this year all they do is talk about the jets and there QB's...

Dalton is a good QB if we need a new backup DRAFT 1
There are plenty of athletes that do plenty of charitable things without it being publicized. Tebow just happens to get the media attention.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I love Tebow and we need more role models like him..Great man
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29027

Quote:
I love Tebow and we need more role models like him..Great man
Tebow is a very nice young man...he is a good role model.

Quote:
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
There are plenty of athletes that do plenty of charitable things without it being publicized. Tebow just happens to get the media attention.

Its whatever im glad you like Tebow. But hopefully he never plays for the bengals unless its at Fullback.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Its whatever im glad you like Tebow. But hopefully he never plays for the bengals unless its at Fullback.
I don't like Tebow.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
I don't like Tebow.
why?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
why?
I think he is an attention whor3.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I think he is an attention whor3.
I'm sure he calls ESPN and requests the coverage. I'm sure he loves that his teammates resent him because of the constant coverage.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I'm sure he calls ESPN and requests the coverage. I'm sure he loves that his teammates resent him because of the constant coverage.
I don't think he seeks it out, but when it is available he plays it up. Just my opinion nothing more.

A lot of athletes do bigger and more consistent things than what this story entails and you never hear about it but because it is Tebow it is a huge deal.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't think he seeks it out, but when it is available he plays it up. Just my opinion nothing more.

A lot of athletes do bigger and more consistent things than what this story entails and you never hear about it but because it is Tebow it is a huge deal.
You're completely entitled to your opinion, but I am just curious. What is an example of Tebow playing something up, and why do you think he does it? Are you in the camp that believes he is posturing for a post NFL career of being a public speaker etc?

If that's the case, I disagree because the constant attention is likely going to shorten his NFL career and cost him money there. Also, I have a feeling that once ESPN chews him up and spits him out, he will not be relevant enough to get any attention or make any money through other avenues.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You're completely entitled to your opinion, but I am just curious. What is an example of Tebow playing something up, and why do you think he does it? Are you in the camp that believes he is posturing for a post NFL career of being a public speaker etc?

If that's the case, I disagree because the constant attention is likely going to shorten his NFL career and cost him money there. Also, I have a feeling that once ESPN chews him up and spits him out, he will not be relevant enough to get any attention or make any money through other avenues.
There is no doubt in my mind that his NFL career will be short and I think he knows this. He has an identity, a niche if you will that allows him the attention without really needing to be that good of a player. He is naturally going to glam onto what he has going for him. He may even be using his position to get his word out and that is even ok.

Hey I honestly think he is a good guy, I just think he plays it up a bit. And like I stated before he is by far not the only player or organization doing good things.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that his NFL career will be short and I think he knows this. He has an identity, a niche if you will that allows him the attention without really needing to be that good of a player. He is naturally going to glam onto what he has going for him. He may even be using his position to get his word out and that is even ok.

Hey I honestly think he is a good guy, I just think he plays it up a bit. And like I stated before he is by far not the only player or organization doing good things.
Well I actually think I mostly agree with you. The only difference is that I think Tebow could have a decent career as a backup if not for all the attention that follows him. Other than that, I can't disagree with you much.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Well I actually think I mostly agree with you. The only difference is that I think Tebow could have a decent career as a backup if not for all the attention that follows him. Other than that, I can't disagree with you much.
I don't think he has proven he can be a suitable back up in NY.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't think he has proven he can be a suitable back up in NY.
How so? He's not responsible for that train wreck. He's been the #2 all year and has completed 6 of 7 when called upon. He would've gotten a chance when Sanchez was benched, but he was injured at the time. Still is as far as I know.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
How so? He's not responsible for that train wreck. He's been the #2 all year and has completed 6 of 7 when called upon. He would've gotten a chance when Sanchez was benched, but he was injured at the time. Still is as far as I know.
He is suited for a specific offensive scheme IMO and would not fit well as a QB on most teams offense.

There have been gadget type schemes that have been successful but not long term (wildcat, west coast etc)

In a back up I want a QB that fits within the system and plays to those strengths. I just don't think you can plug Tebow in somewhere in a pinch and expect much.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He is suited for a specific offensive scheme IMO and would not fit well as a QB on most teams offense.

There have been gadget type schemes that have been successful but not long term (wildcat, west coast etc)

In a back up I want a QB that fits within the system and plays to those strengths. I just don't think you can plug Tebow in somewhere in a pinch and expect much.
I posted his stats in a normal offense in a previous post. He's actually played better in a normal offense, and most of that was as a rookie.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I posted his stats in a normal offense in a previous post. He's actually played better in a normal offense, and most of that was as a rookie.
Not a big fan of stats.

Great in some cases but most of the time they are not a good indicator of all around play. I don't care if you go 99 yards on every possesion. If you can't get that 1 yard at the end you are worthless.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Unless your running an option offense i wouldnt want him that said he'd be a great backup for RG3...
Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't like Tebow.
you argue hard for a guy you dont like.... V young wants to play too maybe you guys want to bring him in.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
you argue hard for a guy you dont like.... V young wants to play too maybe you guys want to bring him in.
I think you may have been quoting the wrong person this entire time. What indication did I give that I was arguing for Tebow? Im confused.