Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Ian Demagii Ian Demagii is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,293
Rep Points: 2482
Default Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

At Least its Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick instead of Moose and Goose....bet your bottom dollar that this game is told from "The Cowboys angle." Better make sure to pipe in Lap instead. Good God I have when anyone but channel 12 has our games. ESPN wants to ***** up to their major market fav's, and NFL network routinely dis's us...and Fox is the NFC carrier....only gliimer of theBengals getting any love is Thom is a Cincinnati guy and Billick seems to always have given us what little respect we have earned....Laura Okmin will get in Marvins face...once.....

Ian
__________________
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its a passing league...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
ying11 ying11 is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 30
Rep Points: 65
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Actually with Thom, i'd say you hear this from a more bengals angle. Now if we had Troy Aikman like every other Cowboys game we would be hearing this game from a Cowboys point of view.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 32,753
Rep Points: 30569
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
At Least its Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick instead of Moose and Goose....bet your bottom dollar that this game is told from "The Cowboys angle." Better make sure to pipe in Lap instead. Good God I have when anyone but channel 12 has our games. ESPN wants to ***** up to their major market fav's, and NFL network routinely dis's us...and Fox is the NFC carrier....only gliimer of theBengals getting any love is Thom is a Cincinnati guy and Billick seems to always have given us what little respect we have earned....Laura Okmin will get in Marvins face...once.....

Ian
will be better to listen on the Radio to LAP than watch it on fox.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
basballguy's Avatar
basballguy basballguy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glenn Heights, TX
Posts: 1,338
Rep Points: 2290
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Troy Aikmen isn't covering it?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
CJTJ019's Avatar
CJTJ019 CJTJ019 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Niagara Falls, Ont. Canada
Posts: 145
Rep Points: 196
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Too bad we didnt draw Gus Johnson to call our game Sunday...
Hes the best in the business..
Too bad he jumped ship from CBS to Fox this year...We used to get Gus steady when he worked for CBS...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
Troy Aikmen isn't covering it?
I can't stand the man as an announcer. Incredibly poorly prepared for what ever game he is covering, and you can always tell when one of the stat guys hands him a scrap of paper with a fact on it. His normal ramblings are interupted by a few seconds of lucidity then he mentally wanders off into a concussion haze again.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
RedBengal9 RedBengal9 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 1,480
Rep Points: 1381
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTJ019 View Post
Too bad we didnt draw Gus Johnson to call our game Sunday...
Hes the best in the business..
Too bad he jumped ship from CBS to Fox this year...We used to get Gus steady when he worked for CBS...
I miss the days of Gus. He was the one who coined our title, "Cardiac Cats" when we had all those come from behind wins. He's doing college now, mostly Big 12 and Pac-10 games.

I assume that Buck and Aikman will probably be doing the Saints Giants game since it will be the most televised. Bengals Cowbowys will be the best 1pm game so we get Brennaman and Billick which I'm good with. Love seeing a Cinci guy and Reds broacaster who knows what he's doing do football and Billick isn't that bad as an announcer at all.

I'm just glad to have a week off of those awful CBS clowns.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
AngryPanda's Avatar
AngryPanda AngryPanda is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 656
Rep Points: 963
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
I assume that Buck and Aikman will probably be doing the Saints Giants game
Yeah. Bengals Cowboys is the #3 Fox game this week.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,218
Rep Points: 25902
bengals Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!


I might be able to see it on TV then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM
gampy gampy is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 370
Rep Points: 379
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

I might be able to see it on TV then.
http://www.the506.com/ and you can see definitely if you can.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 32,753
Rep Points: 30569
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Its a home game so shouldnt it be our in stadium guys?
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:17 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Its a home game so shouldnt it be our in stadium guys?
No, fox has their own announcers.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 32,753
Rep Points: 30569
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
No, fox has their own announcers.
If fox was smart they would have Seth Green doing voices of his cartoon characters like Peter Griffen while broadcasting a game.

That said my TV will probly be on mute Dave Lapham is much more informative than any other announcer ive listened too.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,370
Rep Points: 6514
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gampy View Post
http://www.the506.com/ and you can see definitely if you can.
I squeeked in. CBS is carrying Ravens at Washington, Faux is carrying Cowboys at Bengals in "my" area.

__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
If fox was smart they would have Seth Green doing voices of his cartoon characters like Peter Griffen while broadcasting a game.

That said my TV will probly be on mute Dave Lapham is much more informative than any other announcer ive listened too.

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM
BengalYankee's Avatar
BengalYankee BengalYankee is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,958
Rep Points: 17505
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Its a home game so shouldnt it be our in stadium guys?


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM
heavyj39's Avatar
heavyj39 heavyj39 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Akron but originally from Hamilton
Posts: 1,293
Rep Points: 760
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Its a home game so shouldnt it be our in stadium guys?
The NFLs tv rights are set up that the AFC is broadcasted by CBS and NFC by Fox. When an inter-conference game is played the broadcast is covered by the away teams network, in this case FOX.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
CJTJ019's Avatar
CJTJ019 CJTJ019 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Niagara Falls, Ont. Canada
Posts: 145
Rep Points: 196
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
I miss the days of Gus. He was the one who coined our title, "Cardiac Cats" when we had all those come from behind wins. He's doing college now, mostly Big 12 and Pac-10 games.

I assume that Buck and Aikman will probably be doing the Saints Giants game since it will be the most televised. Bengals Cowbowys will be the best 1pm game so we get Brennaman and Billick which I'm good with. Love seeing a Cinci guy and Reds broacaster who knows what he's doing do football and Billick isn't that bad as an announcer at all.

I'm just glad to have a week off of those awful CBS clowns.
Imagine another week of Steve Tasker!!??!!
I tend to enjoy a Cbs broadcast much more than Fox but After that Tasker gongshow a couple weeks back with the raiders game ill gladly put up with Foxs telecast..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 32,753
Rep Points: 30569
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyj39 View Post
The NFLs tv rights are set up that the AFC is broadcasted by CBS and NFC by Fox. When an inter-conference game is played the broadcast is covered by the away teams network, in this case FOX.
i guess it makes sense because at least it will always be on TV for the away teams fans.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

I actually like billick, and it seems he likes the Bengals a lot, he's always complimentary of them
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
AngryPanda's Avatar
AngryPanda AngryPanda is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 656
Rep Points: 963
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
i guess it makes sense because at least it will always be on TV for the away teams fans.
But the announcers are national teams and not related to the away team.

As always, it comes down to getting the most money out of tv contracts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 32,753
Rep Points: 30569
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
But the announcers are national teams and not related to the away team.

As always, it comes down to getting the most money out of tv contracts.
I think for every game they should have 1 announcer linked to each team... that way they actually know what they are talking about.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,472
Rep Points: 3855
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
If fox was smart they would have Seth Green doing voices of his cartoon characters like Peter Griffen while broadcasting a game.

That said my TV will probly be on mute Dave Lapham is much more informative than any other announcer ive listened too.
Seth McFarlane does Peter Griffin.... while Seth Green does Chris Griffin.... though your point is well taken...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM
BengalYankee's Avatar
BengalYankee BengalYankee is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,958
Rep Points: 17505
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Its a home game so shouldnt it be our in stadium guys?


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM
AngryPanda's Avatar
AngryPanda AngryPanda is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 656
Rep Points: 963
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I think for every game they should have 1 announcer linked to each team... that way they actually know what they are talking about.
That would be nice but it's not feasible. That's why I stick to the radio.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.