Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8496
Default Re: Cowboys Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Depends on how much we hit Romo.

I am thinking we are going to hit him a lot.

Yep and Dunlap and Atkins are going to ring his cowbell.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Yep and Dunlap and Atkins are going to ring his cowbell.
Especially with the possibility of Livings being out.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 40

I believe the Bengals will win for the simple fact that I was just watching Wheel of Fortune and Pat Sajak gave the wheel a final spin, the category was proper name & wouldn't ya know it the answer happened to be "Cincinnati Bengals". It was an omen.

WHO DEY!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Don't see why, it's really an excellent source, obviously only when you couple it with watching the games. Most people "fight it" because it shows something other than what they support, and since it isn't "NFL.com" they just label it as fake, stupid, and unreliable when it's actually extremely accurate. I already fought with someone like that, a friend of mind who believed through-and-through that Suh was the best DT. I told him Geno was. I gave him every stat on rushing the passer and stops in the run game that PFF provided and he simply disregarded it as fake and unreliable since it wasn't the NFL website. Now, he's heard other people, such as analysts claim that Geno is the best DT in the league and he finally gave in and stopped arguing it.

And as to your previous post, I'm not underrating anything. I said that AJ Green is better than Dez, but it's not like Dez can't hold AJ's jock strap. Dez is a very talented receiver. He's just in a different situation.
The thing is its still some ones opinion. When I see a game like earlier this year and for instance I see Rey M getting destroyed and some one that likes him starts to use PFF to defend the guy because they like him and references PFF of course ppl are going to go against it. On top of all that its not official and no one gets to the probowl because if it. So what's the purpose of it?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
The thing is its still some ones opinion. When I see a game like earlier this year and for instance I see Rey M getting destroyed and some one that likes him starts to use PFF to defend the guy because they like him and references PFF of course ppl are going to go against it. On top of all that its not official and no one gets to the probowl because if it. So what's the purpose of it?
It's not someones opinion. It's an in-depth grading system. These guys assign people to watch the games multiple times and assess what they see, writing down the stats and grading their play. Obviously, it's not 100% accurate but it's a very accurate site to use, especially when you watch the games as well. And in a couple of those games, Rey, in reality didn't play that bad, but that doesn't mean that he is "good". It means he played a good game, or in the big scheme of things, an average game. The Miami game, for example, he played well, yet people still bagged on him because it was the cool thing to do.

As well, some of their stats are the exact same as the NFL.com site, or what you would call "official". Other things, not so much. For instance, PFF has Rey credited with 68 tackles, but NFL.com and ESPN him with 96, the reason for that being PFF isn't as generous with crediting "assists". Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong, it's just how their system goes.

The purpose of the site is to give fans a deeper look into the game. Advanced stats. You get to see numbers such as QB hits, hurries as well as sacks, so you get to see a players whole body of work instead of just sacks and tackles. As well you can see how times a QB has been hit as he was throwing or had a pass batted down, and how many passes he has had dropped.

By the way, players don't get to the Pro Bowl because of large stats or being the best player, they get to the Pro Bowl by being voted in by fans. An internet forum recently has been trying to vote Jovan Belcher into the Pro Bowl, and if they ended up getting enough votes, he could have a "spot" in the Pro Bowl.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4952
Default Re: Cowboy Fan Predictions

I don't follow what other opposing message boards say about the Bengals. From what you guys are posting, it sounds like Cowboys fans have a very healthy respect for the Bengals.

Personally, I don't think it's a close game. Bengals win by 10, and that's only because Marvin Lewis takes the foot off the accelerator (as he always does) when the Bengals go up by 17 in the 3rd qtr. I think Romo may get sacked 6 times, and be intercepted twice. I don't think Andy Dalton is going to have to pass all that much as the Law Firm goes for that record 4th consecutive 100 yard game. Newman and Adam Jones both have big games....well because they don't like their former teams, and were rescued by their former DC.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3223

Tie game, late 4th quarter, Cowboys drive to win the game, Romo throws a pass but gets picked off by Newman.

Unfortunately Newman runs towards the wrong endzone, get's tackled for safety, and the Cowboys win by 2.

30-28 Cowboys in my prediction.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18271

Quote:
Especially with the possibility of Livings being out.
I think we would of hit Romo more with Livings in there. Dude could play D in the NHL with how well he skates backwards. He's like Ray Bourque or Chris Chelios in their prime.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
Tie game, late 4th quarter, Cowboys drive to win the game, Romo throws a pass but gets picked off by Newman.

Unfortunately Newman runs towards the wrong endzone, get's tackled for safety, and the Cowboys win by 2.

30-28 Cowboys in my prediction.
Hey no fair that was my prediction!!!! Except Marvin then challenges that he was going the right way.....
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
do share your take on pacman jones.
Yes I do because Pacman is 29 years old and his talent won't even take him 2-3 more years.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3342

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Cowboys have quietly won 3 of their last 4 and didn't lose in an awful fashion to teh Redskins. Not only that, Dez has been playing great the past few weeks. Of course, AJ is still better, but the Cowboys will be an incredibly difficult opponent
Have to agree. Getting Murray back made a big difference. They have very good offense. The game will come down to the pressure we get on Romo - and more importantly if our offense can play consistently well.

If they play the way we did in San Diego we'll lose
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Cowboys Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
Have to agree. Getting Murray back made a big difference. They have very good offense. The game will come down to the pressure we get on Romo - and more importantly if our offense can play consistently well.

I agree with this. We need to get back to the way we were playing before the Charger game.

We are at home and not on the west coast so i could see us getting back to the way were playing before.

Chargers aint no punks at home either.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73507

Quote:

Fortunately the Cowboys have an awful interior OL, and we have that amazing DT on the team. I think his name is Pat Sims or something
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
It's not someones opinion. It's an in-depth grading system. These guys assign people to watch the games multiple times and assess what they see, writing down the stats and grading their play. Obviously, it's not 100% accurate but it's a very accurate site to use, especially when you watch the games as well. And in a couple of those games, Rey, in reality didn't play that bad, but that doesn't mean that he is "good". It means he played a good game, or in the big scheme of things, an average game. The Miami game, for example, he played well, yet people still bagged on him because it was the cool thing to do.

As well, some of their stats are the exact same as the NFL.com site, or what you would call "official". Other things, not so much. For instance, PFF has Rey credited with 68 tackles, but NFL.com and ESPN him with 96, the reason for that being PFF isn't as generous with crediting "assists". Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong, it's just how their system goes.

The purpose of the site is to give fans a deeper look into the game. Advanced stats. You get to see numbers such as QB hits, hurries as well as sacks, so you get to see a players whole body of work instead of just sacks and tackles. As well you can see how times a QB has been hit as he was throwing or had a pass batted down, and how many passes he has had dropped.

By the way, players don't get to the Pro Bowl because of large stats or being the best player, they get to the Pro Bowl by being voted in by fans. An internet forum recently has been trying to vote Jovan Belcher into the Pro Bowl, and if they ended up getting enough votes, he could have a "spot" in the Pro Bowl.
So many things I disagree with but it's good to see your OPINION and willingness to accept someone's else's even though you don't see it like that.👏
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2194

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Fortunately the Cowboys have an awful interior OL, and we have that amazing DT on the team. I think his name is Pat Sims or something
I think you you misspelled "Geno Atkins" there.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73507

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
Pat Sims is the reason we are winning everything
Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6756

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
Nice sig pic. Why do I get this odd and kinda ashamed feeling staring at that...

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2992

Quote:

They may have a good offense but we have an even better defense. The D has only allowed 2 TDs in the last 4 games. I expect Romo to be in for a long day as long as our D-line can contain him. The thing about Romo is that he has that ability to shake off defenders like Big Ben does. But I look at Romo and I see a turnover machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the D gets 2 INTs or maybe an INT and a strip fumble on Romo.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
So many things I disagree with but it's good to see your OPINION and willingness to accept someone's else's even though you don't see it like that.��
You must not be able to read very well, I apologize.

Nowhere did I attack your opinion. You stated that PFF was just someone's opinion (unless I misunderstood what you meant by "it's still just someone's opinion" and I stated otherwise and explained the system they use.

You also asked "what's the purpose?" And I answer that question as well.

Your opinion is yours, I'm not looking to change that. But you used one example against it referring to somebody defending Rey with it, which in PFF, Rey is the second-to-worst ranked LB. PFF acknowledges he's bad, but that doesn't change the fact he's actually played well in a few games.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Cowboys Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
They may have a good offense but we have an even better defense. The D has only allowed 2 TDs in the last 4 games. I expect Romo to be in for a long day as long as our D-line can contain him. The thing about Romo is that he has that ability to shake off defenders like Big Ben does. But I look at Romo and I see a turnover machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the D gets 2 INTs or maybe an INT and a strip fumble on Romo.
hello to all of my brothers and sisters of our team,cincy nasti, our team, the great cincinnati bengals. i am asking ALL OF YOU A HUGE FAVOR. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to go to the chargers website and give a shout out to their players,especially on defense to knock ben out of the game this sunday. i know their players read the stuff said about them on their site, just as some of our players do as well. we need to reach out to them and challenge them to play their hearts out against the stoolers, especially their defense.slam old ben to the ground alot chargers.everyone is saying the chargers do not have a chance to beat the stoolers, and who can argue with the stoolers record at home, but we need some help from other teams to knock old ben out and it begins with the BOLTS sunday.so PLEASE PLEASE to all BENGAL FANS,GO TO THE CHARGERS WEBB SITE AND ask them in your own words to slam old ben to the tuff all day.the steeler players say they are going to kill the bolts, let the bolts know that and challenge them to knock off the stoolers.we need them to .everyone on here, please do this in the words that come to you, but do not ignore this. its another way to help our team and you never know, something you may say will hit home and help us. its our way of giving it all we have.thank you for reading this and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON HERE.lets support our team any way we can.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4952

^^^^^^^^^^^

fortyearfan???????

wth????????

Epic fail!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10776

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
hello to all of my brothers and sisters of our team,cincy nasti, our team, the great cincinnati bengals. i am asking ALL OF YOU A HUGE FAVOR. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to go to the chargers website and give a shout out to their players,especially on defense to knock ben out of the game this sunday. i know their players read the stuff said about them on their site, just as some of our players do as well. we need to reach out to them and challenge them to play their hearts out against the stoolers, especially their defense.slam old ben to the ground alot chargers.everyone is saying the chargers do not have a chance to beat the stoolers, and who can argue with the stoolers record at home, but we need some help from other teams to knock old ben out and it begins with the BOLTS sunday.so PLEASE PLEASE to all BENGAL FANS,GO TO THE CHARGERS WEBB SITE AND ask them in your own words to slam old ben to the tuff all day.the steeler players say they are going to kill the bolts, let the bolts know that and challenge them to knock off the stoolers.we need them to .everyone on here, please do this in the words that come to you, but do not ignore this. its another way to help our team and you never know, something you may say will hit home and help us. its our way of giving it all we have.thank you for reading this and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON HERE.lets support our team any way we can.
Lol man. I wouldn't complain though. I wouldn't give 2 ****s if Ben was out for the year. He's a sad excuse for a human.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You must not be able to read very well, I apologize.

Nowhere did I attack your opinion. You stated that PFF was just someone's opinion (unless I misunderstood what you meant by "it's still just someone's opinion" and I stated otherwise and explained the system they use.

You also asked "what's the purpose?" And I answer that question as well.

Your opinion is yours, I'm not looking to change that. But you used one example against it referring to somebody defending Rey with it, which in PFF, Rey is the second-to-worst ranked LB. PFF acknowledges he's bad, but that doesn't change the fact he's actually played well in a few games.
I read perfectly fine thx for the concern. We just don't agree about PFF I'm fine with that. Not one time did I say you attacked my opinion in fact I pointed out that we have different sets and I'm fine with that.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2194

Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
But they don't know we are watching them watching us watching them.
This ones for you .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RHOMO.jpg (44.1 KB, 5 views)