Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6536
Default Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post

Would rep ya but got to spread it around.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTJ019 View Post
Too bad we didnt draw Gus Johnson to call our game Sunday...
Hes the best in the business..
Too bad he jumped ship from CBS to Fox this year...We used to get Gus steady when he worked for CBS...

I dont care for Gus Johnson to much, he over hypes every play like its the game winning superbowl catch..."BenJarvus Green Ellis up the midddddlllle!!!..for 1 yard."

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 12-07-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32168

Quote:
quoting this so it shows up again...

just as it should be..

*i forgot what we were talking about and suddenly im hungry

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17861

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
quoting this so it shows up again...

just as it should be..

*i forgot what we were talking about and suddenly im hungry

Me too....

Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
At Least its Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick instead of Moose and Goose....bet your bottom dollar that this game is told from "The Cowboys angle." Better make sure to pipe in Lap instead. Good God I have when anyone but channel 12 has our games. ESPN wants to ***** up to their major market fav's, and NFL network routinely dis's us...and Fox is the NFC carrier....only gliimer of theBengals getting any love is Thom is a Cincinnati guy and Billick seems to always have given us what little respect we have earned....Laura Okmin will get in Marvins face...once.....

Ian
Thom is always fair and more informed about the Bengals than any other play by play guy. And Billick is also solid in that regard due to the familiarity with the division and Marvin Lewis.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21881

Quote:
Absolutely hilarious.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Thom is always fair and more informed about the Bengals than any other play by play guy. And Billick is also solid in that regard due to the familiarity with the division and Marvin Lewis.
they do generally well with the Bengals for having only up to 2 games a year with the Bengals, off the top of my head I remember them calling the Tampa Bay game in 2010, the Arizona game last year and of course the Giants game last month

up until last week I would watch anything and everything cbs on Sundays because generally that's where the Bengals play but after the way cbs completely botched the Belcher incident in Kansas City http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nfl_t11_a6 and for how well fox reported on it I'm glad this game is at least on fox and I will probably be watching the fox pregame every week now even if its only an nfc network

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 12-08-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9018

Damn... I was hoping to SEE Kenny Albert!

Cincinnati Bengals 2013 AFC North Champs
Old 12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1787

anybody but Danielson and Vern. I call deal with Vern not knowing anything because he doesn't have strong opinions like Danielson who does and they are most always wrong.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw View Post
anybody but Danielson and Vern. I call deal with Vern not knowing anything because he doesn't have strong opinions like Danielson who does and they are most always wrong.
when was the last time they did an nfl game?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7106
bengals Re: Oh ***** Fox has the game Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
At Least its Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick instead of Moose and Goose....bet your bottom dollar that this game is told from "The Cowboys angle." Better make sure to pipe in Lap instead. Good God I have when anyone but channel 12 has our games. ESPN wants to ***** up to their major market fav's, and NFL network routinely dis's us...and Fox is the NFC carrier....only gliimer of theBengals getting any love is Thom is a Cincinnati guy and Billick seems to always have given us what little respect we have earned....Laura Okmin will get in Marvins face...once.....

Ian
No game commentary/coverage can be worse than the Jets at Bengals preseason game this year. I remember they outright skipped one of the Bengals's offensive possessions in order to do a Joe McKnight mid-game interview on the sideline. There was something like 3-4 Jets interviews on the sideline in the middle of the game.. and they just talked nonstop about Tebow and McKnight.

I nearly forgot I was a Bengals fan in Cincinnati watching a Bengals game taking place IN Cincinnati.

EDIT: As long as Tony Siragusa isn't part of the crew, it won't be complete hell on earth. Does that guy contribute ANYTHING of worth commentary wise?

0-5, 7-18, 90-90-1... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.

Last edited by TheLeonardLeap; 12-08-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2594

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
No game commentary/coverage can be worse than the Jets at Bengals preseason game this year. I remember they outright skipped one of the Bengals's offensive possessions in order to do a Joe McKnight mid-game interview on the sideline. There was something like 3-4 Jets interviews on the sideline in the middle of the game.. and they just talked nonstop about Tebow and McKnight.

I nearly forgot I was a Bengals fan in Cincinnati watching a Bengals game taking place IN Cincinnati.

EDIT: As long as Tony Siragusa isn't part of the crew, it won't be complete hell on earth. Does that guy contribute ANYTHING of worth commentary wise?
My all time worst when Aaron Rogers took over for Brett Farve, or the game with Atlanta after Michael Vick was removed and they wanted to talk with the Fish Eye'd woman reporter (not even a sports reporter) WHILE THE BENGALS HAD THE BALL-God DAMN THEM!

Frankly with Thom a Cincy guy, and Brian Billick who has always been in Marven's corner-I think we will get or due-but I am sure some great Pooh bah us reminding the air crew that they cover the NFC and the Cowboys are "America's team"

not that I'm bitter or anything.....

Ian
Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51080

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post

Unless the preseason game is on national tv, the broadcasts aren't neutral announce teams. The crew working that game was a CBS crew that covers the Jets full time. Hence why there was so much Jets coverage. Our crew handled almost every game in prior seasons. I remember reading comments from Colts fans complaining about the coverage.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218