12-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Join Date: Mar 2012
Rep Points: 1225
Re: The Next University of Cincinnati Bearcats Head Football coach is...?
Originally Posted by Kevbo37
My favorites in order:
- (1). Kliff Kingsbury, OC-Texas A&M: His offense (think Johnny Manzel would be awesome at UC.
- (2). Kirby Smart, DC-Alabama: He would be a big name splash. Think Charlie Strong 2.0 - a big-time/named SEC assistant who raises recruiting level of Big East club.
- (3). Matt Campbell, HC-Toledo: An offensive mastermind. Coaching in this era is a young man's game, and Cambell brings youth and charisma at just 33-years-old.
- (4). Luke Fickell, DC-Ohio State: Got his feet wet as a head coach on an interim basis for the Buckeye in 2011. He'd be a great recruiter and name.
- (5). Jim Tressel, Asst. AD-Akron: Can you believe Buckeye's spite if this hire is made? Tressel would automatically raise the Bearcats recruiting level in Ohio.
- (6). Dave Clawson, HC-Bowling Green: Has a spread attack and MAC pedigree reminiscent of the Bearcats last two hires.
- (7). Chris Ash, DC-Wisconsin: Co-Defensive Coordinator at Wisconsin. He's a young, high-energy coach who can get the most out of guys.
- (8). Chad Morris, OC-Clemson: Maybe the best offensive-minded coach the Cats could hire. He's a little older and has no college headman experience, coming from high school ranks.
- (9). Shannon Dawson, OC-West Virginia: Holgorson's right-hand-man in Morgantown. Helped develop Tavon Austin and Stedman Baily. The porous defense wasn't his fault.
- (10). Pat Narduzzi, DC-Michigan State: He has a history in the Queen City. He was here with Dantonio. His luster wore off a bit this past year with a struggling Spartan-D.
- (11). D.J. Durkin, LB-Coach-Florida: Young hire-energy guy. Great recruiter and one of Urban's Meyer's favorites. A lot of credit for the Florida-D goes to him.
- (12). Pete Lembo, HC-Ball Sate: Good coach. He would be a solid hire. But the George Costanza lookalike is a little boring, and would leave a lot to be desired in recruiting.
- (13). Dan Quinn, DC-Florida: It's surprising he hasn't been mentioned for more head jobs. He's done a great job with the Gator defense this season.
- (14). Bob Diaco, DC-Notre Dame: Another guy with a UC past. Is Cincinnati big enough for him now? His 3-4 was horrible in Cincy with the Bearcats' under-sized players.
- (15). Bobby Petrino, working on marriage: Would bring a high-powered offense and recruiting to the school. But do you want this scuzz-ball?
- (16.) Kerry Cooms, DB-Coach-Ohio State: He's a hometown guy, but he's up in years with no college head coaching experience. He's high energy though... really high.
Jim Tressel would be good.