Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10999
Default Official Cowboys @ Bengals Game Day Thread

HUGE game for us, had to make the thread a day early, officially. Every game becomes the biggest game of the year from here on out. This is the first above average team we've played in weeks. Post all game day thoughts here, or be banished. Don't be shy, just Go 4 it.

@
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Cowboy Bob

Default Re: Official Cowboys @ Bengals Game Day Thread

Greetings from Texas....
I can't work up too much hope for my Cowboys in this matchup... Yeah, the Pokes are in a better situation with DeMarco Murray back on the field and Dez Bryant starting to mature as a receiver, but everything else points to a bad day for Dallas.

All of your Bengal's strengths are aimed at the Cowboy's weaknesses. Especially your defensive line against our makeshift O-line. I just hope Romo can come out of this game with all his arms and legs intact.

Still weird things can happen in football games, and with the right tip or bounce, maybe the Cowboys can pull off an upset. Since every game for us is a playoff game, that's what I'm hoping for.

Cowboy Bob
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4130

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
HUGE game for us, had to make the thread a day early, officially. Every game becomes the biggest game of the year from here on out. This is the first above average team we've played in weeks. Post all game day thoughts here, or be banished. Don't be shy, just Go 4 it.

@
I have put you on my Ignore List.

Last edited by SurvivorMatt; 12-07-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
You just never learn do you pal?
I do prefer when you post this..It keeps order here.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23876

The Bengals are going to win. 27 - 20
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
Greetings from Texas....
I can't work up too much hope for my Cowboys in this matchup... Yeah, the Pokes are in a better situation with DeMarco Murray back on the field and Dez Bryant starting to mature as a receiver, but everything else points to a bad day for Dallas.

All of your Bengal's strengths are aimed at the Cowboy's weaknesses. Especially your defensive line against our makeshift O-line. I just hope Romo can come out of this game with all his arms and legs intact.

Still weird things can happen in football games, and with the right tip or bounce, maybe the Cowboys can pull off an upset. Since every game for us is a playoff game, that's what I'm hoping for.

Cowboy Bob
I'm really not sure what to think about this one. The Cowboys are so up and down that I don't know which team we'll see. It's the same with the Bengals though. Guess we'll see. But as a homer, I gotta pick the Bengals. Thanks for posting in the most official thread.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Cowboy Bob

"The Bengals are going to win. 27 - 20"

I don't really think it'll be that close. Maybe 27-14.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
"The Bengals are going to win. 27 - 20"

I don't really think it'll be that close. Maybe 27-14.
You guys are only one game behind us in wins.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28434

Quote:
Greetings from Texas....

Cowboy Bob

Thank you, Bob. We're glad you chose to contribute and you'll find Cincinnati fans to be among the friendliest and most football-knowledgeable in the NFL. If the Bengals can get pressure on Tony Romo I can see it being a bad day for Dallas but to his credit, Romo gets the ball out of his hands pretty fast. Now with that being said, the Bengals turned Eli Manning and RG3 into crash test dummies. If you read the Redskins' blogs, you'll see that RG3 says Cincinnati was the best defensive line he faced all year.

Strangely enough, I think for Cincinnati to beat Dallas would be an upset too. There are lots of people who still do not think the 2012 Bengals are for real. I assure you they are.

As for Dallas, it's a great place with some of the nicest people on earth. In fact, my brother plays in the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. He still likes the Bengals though.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 789

We don't have Mo Sanu. I am going to stick to this as the reason why we were walloping teams in our 3 game winning streak, and squeaked out a win last week without him.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben.ahmed View Post
We don't have Mo Sanu. I am going to stick to this as the reason why we were walloping teams in our 3 game winning streak, and squeaked out a win last week without him.
Last week was really Marvin Jones 1st game. I think he will do better this week. Gresham and Charles can pick up the slack in the red zone.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 938

Rainy sloppy game. Cowboys 17 Bengals 13

Do you believe in miracles? Well, the Bengals won a game today.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23292

People prefer when I post the game day thread.

I just said it, so it's true.

Plus, word through the grapevine is that your thread is saturated in MSG and rat droppings. Mine, on the other had, has no MSG...
Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

Plus, word through the grapevine is that your thread is saturated in MSG and rat droppings. Mine, on the other had, has no MSG...
No, my thread has HGH. Hopefully the mods don't test me for thread enhancing drugs.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Not sure if our chances went up or down with the tragedy that just happened in Dallas.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Not sure if our chances went up or down with the tragedy that just happened in Dallas.
would this be considered a tragedy or a distraction? all I've seen out of this story is the player who was arrested and caused the situation but I havent even as much as seen a picture of the player who was the victim?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 486

According to the uVerse guide, the game is going to be on Fox at 10am tomorrow.

There will probably be a lot said about the incident but it should be a good game no matter what. During last week's game I could not watch after Andy got picked halfway through the third quarter because Mike Jones could not catch his pass.

But it's good to see that they managed to win. Tomorrow's game could be another Giants style blowout. The Cowboys are difficult to predict, though.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
would this be considered a tragedy or a distraction? all I've seen out of this story is the player who was arrested and caused the situation but I havent even as much as seen a picture of the player who was the victim?
Well it IS a tragedy because one of their practice squad players died. But it was also the fault of one of their own players.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Well it IS a tragedy because one of their practice squad players died. But it was also the fault of one of their own players.
of course, but all I'm hearing out of this story is what Josh Brent did and that he's been arrested and like I said, I havent even seen as much as a picture of Jerry Brown in all this
Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
of course, but all I'm hearing out of this story is what Josh Brent did and that he's been arrested and like I said, I havent even seen as much as a picture of Jerry Brown in all this
Yea I know what you mean, I haven't either. It'll be a big deal come game time tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 307

Go Bengals!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Its that time again! I'm already ready to go!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

neek, I'm okay with rat droppings, but I can't hang with MSG. Good thing he pointed this out.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 870

Marvin's record against the NFC is usually pretty good. So far this year 2-0 with two more NFC games in the next two weeks. I remember years past where the team would beat up on their NFC foes then get waxed by inferior AFC opponents. The only problem i see with this game is that the Ryan boys seem to have a great deal of contempt for the Bengals and our offense usually seems to struggle against them. Most of us had little hope of a Bengals win against the Giants much less a thumping. I don't see this game going quite the same way but you never know. BTW The Bengals played a rather poor game last week, on the road, on the west coast, and still managed to pull out a win. Turnovers and a failure to capitalize on opportunities usually spells disaster anywhere much less the west coast.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescincy View Post
Marvin's record against the NFC is usually pretty good. So far this year 2-0 with two more NFC games in the next two weeks. I remember years past where the team would beat up on their NFC foes then get waxed by inferior AFC opponents. The only problem i see with this game is that the Ryan boys seem to have a great deal of contempt for the Bengals and our offense usually seems to struggle against them. Most of us had little hope of a Bengals win against the Giants much less a thumping. I don't see this game going quite the same way but you never know. BTW The Bengals played a rather poor game last week, on the road, on the west coast, and still managed to pull out a win. Turnovers and a failure to capitalize on opportunities usually spells disaster anywhere much less the west coast.
This isn't the Bengals team of old. I think Romo is gonna have a long day with our D line.