Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2754
Default Help with Bengals Stuff

We made it to CIN yesterday and are having a good time so far, even in the rain and traffic. Went to the brewery next to Great American Ballpark and it was excellent. Even got to talk Bengals with a couple people!

My wife thought you guys might be able to help out, where is the best place to by Bengals stuff? We went to the Kenwood mall, Target, and Walmart with some luck but didn't know if there was a mecca somewhere. Or should we just go to the Pro Shop?

Also if we were going to walk in to the game where is the best place to tailgate? Thanks in advace and to the others that have given suggestions on Hotels, restraunts, etc.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 315
Default Re: Help with Bengals Stuff

hey, been a LONG time since I got to a game, but as an out-of-towner like yourself, here is what I can share.

1. The pro shop has everything but at full price - you might as well shop the website.

2. The parking lot before the game has some vendors, but at least when I went there stuff was terrible for the most part.

3. The malls are like the pro shop - lots of selection but the internet is the same.

4. Target, Bigs and some of the sort of off stores are a good option. They don't have the brand new coolest stuff, but lots of decent stuff at very good prices, and stuff that you won't be sharing with everyone who shopped the internet.

5. At least when I went, the tailgate was 'alcohol free' (well, in theory). But compared to tailgates I went to at Giants stadium and Ralph Wilson, they are not nearly so fun. But, as an out of towner it is great to wander around and share 'who deys' with all the fellow fans. And, having come from a place where scalping is illegal, it was fun to banter with the scalpers (and I moved down a level for a fair price).

Hope this helps, and enjoy the game,

BOTN
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 957

Kohl's has some good Bengal stuff at reasonable prices.

BY FAR the best tailgate spot is Longworth Hall -- about 3 blocks west of the stadium. Beer, food, and all the Who-Deying you want. Rain might be a factor, though.

Welcome to Cincinnati!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

For a great tail gate look the Bengal Bomb Squad up in Lot 1. We welcome everyone. Look for a 20' cat tail waving in the air. That will be us. You can look us up on our web site BengalBombSquad.com

Last edited by hurstgd; 12-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12981

Koch's downtown always has a decent selection.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23158

When we were there this summer, TJ Maxx has jerseys for less than $20 and a few tshirts.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 921

at kohls they have alot of bengals stuff...i just got a aj green nike shirt with his numbers real big on front and back.,..they had dalton and others plus jerseys...there and ***** is were iv seen most at other than pro shop and vendors outside stadium
Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

if you never have been to the proshop id go there just to check it out...me and my fam take a trip to cincy for one game a year and we always hit up the proshop and yea your going to pay full price but being a bengals fan its cool to just be around nothing but bengals merch...good luck whodey
Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44146

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstgd View Post
For a great tail gate look the Bengal Bomb Squad up in Lot 1. We welcome everyone. Look for a 20' cat tail waving in the air. That will be us. You can look us up on our web site BengalBombSquad.com
X2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 983

I prefer the sports-oriented stores in the various malls for Cincinnati gear, Bengals or otherwise. I do most of my shopping online, but you can see stuff in person there to get online and often times they have stuff that is not easily found online.

I would stay away from the Pro Shop. The prices there make 8$ a beer seem reasonable. If you do want to buy from the Pro Shop, though, take a look around there and then purchase it online on a non-gameday. There are so many offers and coupon codes and such that it's difficult not to get 10% or more off from there. In other words, all of the merchandise is priced at least 10% higher than it needs to be to account for that.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:44 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40191

From your earlier thread you probably want to look into the Bengal themed compass.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7534

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
From your earlier thread you probably want to look into the Bengal themed compass.
Favorite poster.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post