Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49866
Default Real life Bad Santa

I know that its not very "PC" for me to find this sort of thing absolutely hilarious, but I do!! Screw the PC police, people were much more fun when they had thicker skins..

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articl...7544?gt1=39002
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18502
Default Re: Real life Bad Santa

I am not surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often. I'm guessing the guy didn't want the job anymore and was trying to get canned.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I am not surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often. I'm guessing the guy didn't want the job anymore and was trying to get canned.

My thoughts were that the kid wouldn't have thought a word about any of it, had the Mother not made an issue of it... Think about it, a 3 yr old has not a clue as to who Paul Bunyan was, or what "The Maple leafs sukk" means, likely only got emotional as a reaction to seeing his Mother getting steamed about things.

What she should have done, was to play it cool, smile along, let the kid enjoy Santa. Then, she should have went back to Santa by herself and confronted him. But, she chose to make it as dramatic a scene as she possibly could.

Like I said in my OP, people were more fun when they had thicker skins.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9053

when i was a kid i didn't sit on santas lap i sat on mrs claus lap
4th Josh Shaw CB
4th JT Surratt DT
5th Eric Lefeld T
5th Aaron Davis LB
6th James Rouse DE
7th Mario Alford WR
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
My thoughts were that the kid wouldn't have thought a word about any of it, had the Mother not made an issue of it... Think about it, a 3 yr old has not a clue as to who Paul Bunyan was, or what "The Maple leafs sukk" means, likely only got emotional as a reaction to seeing his Mother getting steamed about things.

What she should have done, was to play it cool, smile along, let the kid enjoy Santa. Then, she should have went back to Santa by herself and confronted him. But, she chose to make it as dramatic a scene as she possibly could.

As an avid hockey fan, I can confirm that the Leafs do in fact sukk and haven't been decent for about 7 years or won a cup since 1962.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 529

Quote:

I totally agree with you! Rep points!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! GonzoMFR
Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54631

Quote:

You have to be kidding. Do you even know what PC means. This has nothing to do with being "politically correct". It was a Santa Claus acting like jerk to a three year old kid.

Are you seriously suggesting that a three year old kid should have a thicker skin and not be upset by this?

And why in the world would you think that the kid was not upset about this until his Mom made a big deal? What kind of Santa tells a kid his favorite team suckks? How could you posssibly think soimething like that would noit upset a three year old kid? I guarantee that any Santa who said something like that was not saying it in a nice friendly manner.

Yeah things were so much better back in the good old days when adults were rude to three year old kids.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You have to be kidding. Do you even know what PC means. This has nothing to do with being "politically correct". It was a Santa Claus acting like jerk to a three year old kid.

Are you seriously suggesting that a three year old kid should have a thicker skin and not be upset by this?

And why in the world would you think that the kid was not upset about this until his Mom made a big deal? What kind of Santa tells a kid his favorite team suckks? How could you posssibly think soimething like that would noit upset a three year old kid? I guarantee that any Santa who said something like that was not saying it in a nice friendly manner.

Yeah things were so much better back in the good old days when adults were rude to three year old kids.

Fred Toast, up yours pal. I've had plenty of experience in my lifetime with both kids and mothers to be able to identify a drama queen mother. I made this post because I saw the story and found it to be quite humorous. I'm glad that my thoughts on it moved you enough for you to make some scolding comments on them, but I don't care, the story is still funny as heck to me. That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it. If you don't agree with it...big deal.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8086

Quote:

Im definately of the opinion that mom made a bigger deal out of it then the kid. Now if the guy was reeking of Gin and the Sticky Icky I can see an issue, but seriously.....whining about Paul Bunyan and doggin a sports team? Handle it afterwards in private and drive on. Im in customer service and I get all kinds. My brother has a saying I live by....act like a WITCH and Ill treat you like a WITCH..... except the word it aint witch.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
shouldn't of been playing with santa's balls
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Fred Toast, up yours pal.
what a marvelous opening to a post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
what a marvelous opening to a post

10/10
Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
And as I grew older I let mrs Claus sit on my
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I've had plenty of experience in my lifetime with both kids and mothers to be able to identify a drama queen mother.
So have I. And there is not one shred of evidence in this story to point toward it being the mothers fault that a rude Santa upset her three year old.

Unless you just automatically assume that every time three year old gets up set it is because of the mother and no one else.

But what kind of moron would make that assumption?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
So have I. And there is not one shred of evidence in this story to point toward it being the mothers fault that a rude Santa upset her three year old.

Unless you just automatically assume that every time three year old gets up set it is because of the mother and no one else.

But what kind of moron would make that assumption?

Did you not see the part of what she had to post about the experience? She mentions the jacket and hat, in reference to their quality and style. Who cares?? Its pretty much common knowledge that a 3 year old doesn't care about being likened to Paul Bunyan, or care that his jacket came from the Gap, most Canadiens would probably take that as a compliment. A 3 year old doesn't even have a favorite hockey team...why would he even care if Santa said the 'Leafs sukk?? It was obviously the mother that had the problem.

Like I said, its a funny story.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Hockey in general sux, just sayin'.......

P.S. That's the RumbleQueen in my avatar. MEOW!

EDIT: Before WW3 breaks out, and this turns into one of "those" threads, I am kidding. (About hockey, that really is my RumbleHoe)

Last edited by RumbleCat; 12-09-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Its pretty much common knowledge that a 3 year old doesn't care about being likened to Paul Bunyan, or care that his jacket came from the Gap, most Canadiens would probably take that as a compliment. A 3 year old doesn't even have a favorite hockey team...why would he even care if Santa said the 'Leafs sukk?? It was obviously the mother that had the problem.

Like I said, its a funny story.
You clearly have zero experience with three year olds if you think they are just happy mindless beings that can not get their feelings hurt by insults.

three year olds definitely have favorite clothes. They also have feelings. And they are certainly smart enouggh to know when they are being insulted.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Go spend a day with day care workers that deal with 3 year old every day. try telling them that three year olds can not get their feelings hurt over anything, and that people who think they can are all just stupid "drama queen mothers".

And if they disagree with you just explain exactly what insulting children has to do with being politically correct.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Did you not see the part of what she had to post about the experience?
You mean the way you posted about being upset over the drama queens actions?

Yep. Posting about something that upsets you clearly proves that you are a drama queen.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You clearly have zero experience with three year olds if you think they are just happy mindless beings that can not get their feelings hurt by insults.

three year olds definitely have favorite clothes. They also have feelings. And they are certainly smart enouggh to know when they are being insulted.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Go spend a day with day care workers that deal with 3 year old every day. try telling them that three year olds can not get their feelings hurt over anything, and that people who think they can are all just stupid "drama queen mothers".

And if they disagree with you just explain exactly what insulting children has to do with being politically correct.

A string quartet for your sad song to the D.A.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned

I'm not sayin' this is a dumb argument. But what I am sayin' is this. If Santa would have told me the Leafs sukk when I was 3, I would have stuffed a handful of them in the front of my underoo's!

Last edited by RumbleCat; 12-09-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Hockey in general sux, just sayin'.......

P.S. That's the RumbleQueen in my avatar. MEOW!

EDIT: Before WW3 breaks out, and this turns into one of "those" threads, I am kidding. (About hockey, that really is my Rumble*****)
Wake up boy, you're posting in your sleep again!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8086

Quote:
You mean the way you posted about being upset over the drama queens actions?

Yep. Posting about something that upsets you clearly proves that you are a drama queen.
We werent THERE Fred, and taking the moms side <because we havent even heard Santas side because the dude got FIRED> without even CONSIDERING she overreacted is insane! That dude was probably relying on that job, and if he did make a few "off Christmas comments" to a 3 year old then a write up, or a coaching is more approprate then firing the guy. If you dont see a problem then WOW....just WOW.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
Wake up boy, you're posting in your sleep again!
No wonder you look like Kate Hudson, with a UC hat on, and nothing else.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 740

Really hard to say much without being there. I know when I was 5 or 6, I saw Santa at the Festival of Lights at the Zoo. I asked for a Boomer jersey. He told me the Bengals sukked, and I should pick a better team. I've always remembered that incident, but never held it against Santa, and there was no big overreaction when he said it by others. But most importantly, I still got that Boomer jersey that year. And I was a happy kid.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
No wonder you look like Kate Hudson, with a UC hat on, and nothing else.
Lord. If you're picturing me as Kate Hudson with only a uc hat on you need to up your doses! And I need a bodyguard.