Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3092
Default Re: Cowboys Defensive Lineup "Incident"

I hate to say it but this could work to the Bengals disadvantage. See KC last week.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40056

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
I hate to say it but this could work to the Bengals disadvantage. See KC last week.

Apples to Oranges comparison there, IMO. Suicide is a sad tragedy, death because of a repeat DUI offender is just plain idiotic.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18253

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
Kansas City is a talented team. They were bound to win eventually. I'm not convinced of the impact Belcher's murder-suicide had on the outcome of that game.

4-24-13
1. Cordarelle Patterson WR UT
2a. D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
2b. Le'veon Bell RB MSU
3. Jamie Collins OLB Southern Missippi
4. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
5. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
6. William Gholston DE MSU
6. Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)
7. Nick Clancy MLB Boston College
Old 12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Apples to Oranges comparison there, IMO. Suicide is a sad tragedy, death because of a repeat DUI offender is just plain idiotic.
Suicide after killing your girlfriend isn't a tragedy, it's the easy way out.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5062

It is just a crummy situation. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Jerry Brown.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 345
Default Re: Dal DT Josh Brent a rising star... NOT anymore

Nice to see some still have some class around here

For the love of God people - someone LOST THEIR LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Let's not celebrate this incident as a 'break.' This is good for no one on any level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
This is a sad story. Josh Brent will spend the next 20 years of his life in jail knowing his was responsible for his best friend's death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
It's a shame that this has happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
There's nothing great about this, sad situation for real, as sallad said it's very irresponsible on his part, but this is still a sad situation, gotta feel for the man's family who's life was taken.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

I can't wait to see what Bob Costas will say about this.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergonnachange View Post
Suicide after killing your girlfriend isn't a tragedy, it's the easy way out.

You are exactly right. I should have thought better before posting.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2901

Quote:
This is a sad story. Josh Brent will spend the next 20 years of his life in jail knowing his was responsible for his best friend's death.
Also knowing that he wont play teh game he loves anymore

Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
Kansas City is a talented team. They were bound to win eventually. I'm not convinced of the impact Belcher's murder-suicide had on the outcome of that game.
I had Kansas City to win that game before that incident even happened, because I knew that teams playing the 3rd of 3 games in a row were 3-0 before that game (Houston, NY Jets and Cincinnati also did this) those teams were then 5-0 after last Sunday when Dallas pulled that off too, and there is 1 more 3rd in a row at home next week but an asterix could apply to it as Buffalo will play their 3rd in a row at home, except they'll play in Toronto which is more neutral than home or away if you're an opponent

anyway people question how much the power of emotion will play into this game now for Dallas, had they only lost one player I would say definitely, but for a player to be arrested knowing to have caused the said death, it makes me think that could also be a distraction as we all know too well between 5-7 years ago with the Bengals own problems with distractions by arrests
Old 12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16542

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Let's not celebrate this incident as a 'break.' This is good for no one on any level.
i agree. this is just sad. On so many levels.

A football game has to be played but a dude died
Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381
Default Re: Dal DT Josh Brent a rising star... NOT anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
Nice to see some still have some class around here

For the love of God people - someone LOST THEIR LIFE!
Seriously, quit questioning the integrity of people because they responded differently on an internet message board over a tragic death than you did.

Is it a tragedy? Absolutely, a stupid tragedy that never should have happened. Point remains both men chose to get into that car intoxicated that night and they both are paying the cost now.

That being said because it doesn't hit home specifically with individuals here of course they will question what implications it will have on the game. There isn't anything wrong with that.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
i agree. this is just sad. On so many levels.

A football game has to be played but a dude died
how else would the situation be handled in account with the logisitics of scheduling and timing and etc? the Bengals have to play on Thursday after this game and of course this is an important game for both teams, I dont know if they can reschedule or postpone this game with the schedule as it is right now? Of course this is a very disturbing and disruptive incident for Dallas right now and I would understand if the league did everything it could to acommodate Dallas in any way they can but at the same time should the Bengals schedule and routine be thrown off by this as well as compressed as it is this week alone of all weeks?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17935

And once again, the passenger dies and the a-hole who drove drunk at a high rate of speed walks away.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24139

I can't believe the lack of empathy in this thread. Who cares how it affects the game? I genuinely feel for the player who lost his life.

As for the repeat DUI offender who will be spending a long time in jail, I have little sympathy. He played with fire multiple times and got burned. The first arrest should've woken him up.

In 2008 I was a passenger in a car that was struck by a repeat DUI offender. He went 50 mph though a red light at the intersection by Walmart in Hamilton. I sustained a concussion and a permanent 10% whole person disability from the incident, and my friend had to have shoulder surgery, but we were lucky to live quite honestly.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 251721

tragic story!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I can't believe the lack of empathy in this thread. Who cares how it affects the game? I genuinely feel for the player who lost his life.

As for the repeat DUI offender who will be spending a long time in jail, I have little sympathy. He played with fire multiple times and got burned. The first arrest should've woken him up.

In 2008 I was a passenger in a car that was struck by a repeat DUI offender. He went 50 mph though a red light at the intersection by Walmart in Hamilton. I sustained a concussion and a permanent 10% whole person disability from the incident, and my friend had to have shoulder surgery, but we were lucky to live quite honestly.
Agreed. My son was struck by a drunk driver 6 years ago while my son was broken down on the side of the road. My son's motorcycle was totaled and he had several broken bones and spent 10 days in the hospital, 5 in ICU. It took him a year to recover. Both of us have good endings, however. You and my son both lived. So many people are killed by drunk drivers. Two lives were lost in this incident. One is dead and the other will potentially be in jail a long time. I feel for the families, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the drunk driver.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Bengal View Post
Agreed. My son was struck by a drunk driver 6 years ago while my son was broken down on the side of the road. My son's motorcycle was totaled and he had several broken bones and spent 10 days in the hospital, 5 in ICU. It took him a year to recover. Both of us have good endings, however. You and my son both lived. So many people are killed by drunk drivers. Two lives were lost in this incident. One is dead and the other will potentially be in jail a long time. I feel for the families, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the drunk driver.
The media portrayal of all this doesnt help with the thought process on here, by that I mean all I've seen out of this story is the Cowboys player that caused the accident and got arrested and I havent even seen as much as a picture of the player who was the victim, similar to last week when all anyone talked about was almost anything and everything Jovan Belcher and only fox talked about Kasandra Perkins as an equal person to Belcher in all that and that's what I'm seeing once again with Josh Brent and not Jerry Brown

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 12-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5062

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
And once again, the passenger dies and the a-hole who drove drunk at a high rate of speed walks away.
Also a darn good point. That happens far to often and words cannot express how angry it makes me.

Last edited by BoomerFan; 12-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2533

This isn't the first time, nor the last time, drunk driving cost lives. It should be recognized as a pervasive issue before an NFL player is charged of Manslaughter. It's just another sad incident a long line.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4570

Horrible.. The bad thing is drivers texting while driving are just about as bad as drinking while driving and dang near everybody is doing it!!! It is very dangerous on the roads.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7067
bengals Re: Cowboys Defensive Lineup "Incident"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsyltuckian View Post
According to that twitter account Josh Brent, who was expect to start in place of injured NT Ratliff, was arrested for manslaughter. I hope this isn't correct because I'm sick of hearing about Belcher and this will kindle that fire.
He was driving a car that killed their linebacker, he field tested drunk, so they charged him with drunken vehicular manslaughter
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
Horrible.. The bad thing is drivers texting while driving are just about as bad as drinking while driving and dang near everybody is doing it!!! It is very dangerous on the roads.
Agreed, texting while driving is bad. Sometimes, while surveying, we need to locate the edge of pavement or other things on or near the road. Even though I'm clearly wearing the bright orange "don't hit me" vest, inevitably I always see people looking up from their phones at the last moment, in total shock that I am there. Thankfully, I keep one eye on them, and the other on my work.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7067
bengals Re: Cowboys Defensive Lineup "Incident"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Also a darn good point. That happens far to happen and words cannot express how angry it makes me.
Simple, don't get into a car with someone that is drinking, it's not like he was told to get in at gun point, to blame the driver is stupid, they were friends drinking together, if you haven't been in a car with a friend that was drinking, and speeding, you must have lived a very dull and lonley life.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
DUIs are a problem with our society, not with the NFL.

If you didn't realize it until an NFL player died then i pray for you.

Yes and it has to do with the way we handle them. We give slaps on the wrist for DUI's because "everyone does it"

If we were strict and had a set standard of guidelines that were strict you wouldn't see it happen.

In Norway everyone rides bicycles because getting a DUI results in automatic loss of license for 10 years and jail time....I'd like to see this implemented in the states.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13