Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20888
Default Re: Kirkpatrick was a bad pick....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
I give him the benefit of the doubt as a fan.
I view his post as a sign of his frustration with a first round pick being injured most of his first year. Perry had same issues and never panned out.
Also if the Bengals knew about the health of his knee and took a chance, that is not good. The Buccanner WR issue come to mind.
Do I think that he should be traded? No. They have to play their hand for a couple of years. Do I think Potty's opinion is stupid. No. That is how he feels.
Lastly; I think that if you and others feel that he is a troll, then why are you feeding it? Would it not make more sense to ignore his post?
Alot of it's history. Potty is pretty consistently negative and abrasive. As for his opinion on Dre, whatevs.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18782

Kirkpatrick hasn't impressed me at all in his very limited gameplay.

The fact that his play in practice hasn't netted him playing time is deeply concerning.

But then again, I wasn't expecting much from him to begin with. I thought it was a wasted pick as soon as we made the pick.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19786

Not a big fan of the DreK pick right now. I dont know how anyone can be to be honest, but I understand he is just a rookie. Now come this time next season and he hasnt produced much by then, then it would be basically a waste of a pick. So really still a bit early to say he was a bad pick, at least imo.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Dre wasn't my first choice either, but the jury's still out on him as to whether he was a good pick. Personally, I think it's asking a bit much to expect alot from rookie CBs. Isn't it the case that they usually start slow? Patrick Peterson had a slow start at CB (not at KR though). Haden might be one of the few exceptions.

Yeah but Peterson was playing pretty solid by the year's end after playing all season. He started off a bit shaky which is expected for rookie CBs, but he started to play some good ball towards the end. DreK hasnt even played at all really at CB but a few snaps, the position he was drafted for. Have to wait until next year to see how good a pick he really was, or bad.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown

Old 12-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTJ019 View Post
I understand the op's frustration with Dre being unable to stay healthy..but to consider a trade at this point is downright stupid... Theres no way any team would part with any player/pick for a player unproven and cant remain healthy...This ones on Marvin...To somewhat rush him back and throw him in on Special teams..??..Not so bright,,
Rushed back? Kirkpatrick didn't dress for the first time until week 9. This is your definition of rushed? Interesting. Kirkpatrick stated for two weeks before his first game that he was ready and felt better than ever, since his Junior year at Alabama. Many were questioning why Lewis had waited for after the bye weeek to start him.
As for special teams play; do you not know that this is where 2nd and 3rd string guys play and contribute? Certainly getting a concussion was entirely his fault too I suppose.

Not so bright definitely applies to something here.....
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Potty View Post
....this kid can't stay healthy if his life depended on it and i would like to see us trade him in the offseason.You can't help a team if you can't stay healthy and i've had just about enough of hearing about this kid injuring himself. He was just activated a couple of weeks ago and now he's already hurt again?

I stand by what I said above, but your post here is quite moronic. What makes it worse, is that you wont even come back to argue your point with others. Hello to my mental ignore list, a long list these days in here.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8733

Yes. Let's please trade DreK to another team.

Then we can sign him later when he gets cut.

Nothing like filling your roster with ex-first round picks.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2026

To me its kinda clear that so far it's a wasted pick, simply because he's been too injured to play. Thats not his fault, or the Bengals fault. But he could be a total shutdown corner, what would it matter if he never plays.

But it's only year 1 of his career. He's not really contributed at all so far, simply because he hasn't been able to. I just hope it doesnt turn into a situation ala Moch, where unfortunately he's just too injured to ever really see the field here.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
My opinion, my argument is that the strenght and conditioning program of this team is poor. Your response is to call me simple-minded, ignorant and pessimistic; a personal attack. Thank you for making my point.
Dont worry bro no one cares what truck 101 says. the only good thing about the dude is the stats he provides on this board about the bengals because he has nothing better to do with his life except stay on this message board 24/7. He's a funny dude who's just loney and takes pride in being a message board all star. just show him love to massage his message board ego. He always believes he is right about everything involving the bengals and everyone else opinion is wrong. congratulations truck your the coolest person on this message board lol. congratulations for accomplishing your only goal in life scrub.

P.S. GAFL truck101, god bless your soul

Last edited by heyyaoutkast; 12-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1279

Not enough playing time yet for Kirkpatrick to be a bust. Revisit this in 2 year and the truth will be known to all.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 317

Quote:
....this kid can't stay healthy if his life depended on it and i would like to see us trade him in the offseason.You can't help a team if you can't stay healthy and i've had just about enough of hearing about this kid injuring himself. He was just activated a couple of weeks ago and now he's already hurt again?
Lame
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10406

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
Dont worry bro no one cares what truck 101 says. the only good thing about the dude is the stats he provides on this board about the bengals because he has nothing better to do with his life except stay on this message board 24/7. He's a funny dude who's just loney and takes pride in being a message board all star. just show him love to massage his message board ego. He always believes he is right about everything involving the bengals and everyone else opinion is wrong. congratulations truck your the coolest person on this message board lol. congratulations for accomplishing your only goal in life scrub.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I get the feeling you don't like truck....
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27430

Quote:

Geez. Tell us how you REALLY feel. I've never had a problem with truck on here. If you don't like egos though, this MB is probably the wrong place for you.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16313

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
really not the point, though. the point is that you don't give up on guys that you've invested in so quickly and that 1 year does not make a career.
Gotcha!

Just 'cause you mentioned other good guys, so I was taken aback a bit...

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49640

Quote:

Wait..........What? Every person on a message board who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong is a lonley person with no life???

Thanks for the brilliant insight OUTKAST. And I know you aren't just being a bitter little whiner because you don't sound anything like one.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 252118

Quote:
like most posts from this dude...wow...just wow!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2989

Then we should have cut Andre Smith, fans should be banned for post like this.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Dude. I hated the Dre Kirk pick, I think he will be a bust (too slow, skinny, not a ball hawk, lived off Alabama rep, etc), also he now has a knee problem that apparently no one knew about. Oh yeah, and he never backpedaled in college.

BUT... Scotty Potty is a known troll and it's completely stupid to suggest we trade Kirkpatrick in the offseason. I guarantee you that Potty will not make another post in this thread. He just started a controversial (stupid) topic, and now he's going to sit back and enjoy the fun. Classic troll.
So let me get this straight, you and a few others here agree with me about Kirkpatrick, but yet i'm being a troll??? LOL I for one didn't like this pick to begin with because he played a zone defense at Alabama and we run basically man to man here, which this kid just isn't suited for....
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
I stand by what I said above, but your post here is quite moronic. What makes it worse, is that you wont even come back to argue your point with others. Hello to my mental ignore list, a long list these days in here.
Unlike some people here, i do have a life and i don't have time to hang on this site and post every single day, plus i just made this thread yesterday, so i'm sorry that it took me a whole day to respond in this thread. I stand by what i said about Kirkpatrick, he was a bad pick and and i predict that he will be a bust, of course i hope i'm wrong.....

Last edited by Scotty Potty; 12-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2892
bengals Re: Kirkpatrick was a bad pick....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebullfrog24 View Post
every player is not aj green.

You guys ever heard of player development?
Lol Player development in Cincinnati?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1223

I would like to see him put on 10 - 15 pounds. That is what he needs to do
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac4 View Post
Yeah, we should have gotten rid of that scub Andre Smith too, he could not stay healthy his first year. (where is that sarcasm font when you need it).
Actually he was injured 2 straight yrs and didn't start contributing until last year. Smith was a Top 5 draft pick and we had a lot invested in him to give up on him after just 2 yrs. Kirkpatrick is a middle of the pack 1st round draft pick, so it would be easier to give up on him after a couple of yrs, and that's what i'm giving him, 2 yrs to show something and if he doesn't show anything next yr or has injury problems again, then we should cut our losses with him.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

This thread is dumb. Healthy or not, he wasn't going to make a huge impact either way. Stop trying to find something to ***** about. Geez

And really, the concision was his fault? Dumb, really dumb
Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27430

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you and a few others here agree with me about Kirkpatrick, but yet i'm being a troll??? LOL I for one didn't like this pick to begin with because he played a zone defense at Alabama and we run basically man to man here, which this kid just isn't suited for....
I agree that he's been a disappointment thus far. I also never liked him as a prospect. BUT, you said we should consider trading him after the season, which is "not very smart". In your latest post, you suggest only giving him 2 years to prove himself, because we don't have as much invested in him as we do Andre Smith. I think that's silly as well. Dre Kirk is cheap, so why not hold onto him for awhile and see if he pans out? As it's been stated, Andre Smith looked like a mega bust after 2 years. Now look at him. After 3 years, dump him. 2 years is not enough time to fully decide on a 1st round pick.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312