Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791
Default Knock off the pity party!!!!

My GAWD people you'd think we lost the superbowl or something. Nothing has changed at all since this morning, we are tied with Pitts and 2-games behind Baltimore. Yes it was a Golden opportunity, but that's how it goes sometime. We beat SD in SD last week, Steelers got STOMPED by them today. Today was the easiest game on Baltimore schedule for the end of the season. Stillers have to go to Dallas next week, then us and then Cleveland. Do you think they can beat Dallas at home after what we saw today? I don't. Plus Browns players and fans hate them almost as much as us, that would make their season to beat the at the end. Baltimore??? Are you kidding me? Next Payton Manning, then Eli Manning and then US! It's not inconceivable that they could loss out, it's not inconceivable that Dallas beats Steelers next week. The only thing I know for sure is we are still in control of our destiny. Yes, this would have been a gift today, but NOTHING changed. We do need to win out and I don't think that is as impossible as a lot of people thought at the beginning of the year. Balt and Stoolers are playing like CRAP.

I swear some of you make Chicken Little look like an optimist.

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Knock off the pity party!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnglFn Forever View Post
My GAWD people you'd think we lost the superbowl or something. Nothing has changed at all since this morning, we are tied with Pitts and 2-games behind Baltimore. Yes it was a Golden opportunity, but that's how it goes sometime. We beat SD in SD last week, Steelers got STOMPED by them today. Today was the easiest game on Baltimore schedule for the end of the season. Stillers have to go to Dallas next week, then us and then Cleveland. Do you think they can beat Dallas at home after what we saw today? I don't. Plus Browns players and fans hate them almost as much as us, that would make their season to beat the at the end. Baltimore??? Are you kidding me? Next Payton Manning, then Eli Manning and then US! It's not inconceivable that they could loss out, it's not inconceivable that Dallas beats Steelers next week. The only thing I know for sure is we are still in control of our destiny. Yes, this would have been a gift today, but NOTHING changed. We do need to win out and I don't think that is as impossible as a lot of people thought at the beginning of the year. Balt and Stoolers are playing like CRAP.

Well, it does matter a little more now; If we had won with the Steelers loss today, we'd be a lot better positioned for the wildcard spot. Now, one of three scenarios can only happen:

1) Bengals win out
2) Bengals beat Steelers, Steelers drop to Cleveland
3) Bengals beat both Steelers and Ravens; doesn't matter if Steelers win/lose their other two games.

Whereas, had we won today, we would have only needed to worry about beating Pittsburgh, period.

Last edited by barkerja; 12-09-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

I'm not pitying over the situation the Bengals are in because it's literally the same as it was before today, however I'm still furious over the way we lost this game and fortunately Baltimore and Pittsburgh proved today they were no better than the Bengals to lose their games like they did
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34539

I'm just tired of being that team that sometimes backs into the playoffs with a mediocre record and gets slammed in the wild-card round. I'm ready to see a team that dominates. I mean, for most of us, our "glory" season was 11-5 and a wc loss. It blows.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 179

Quote:

Exactly its about moving forward, last I checked we are still out of it.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm just tired of being that team that sometimes backs into the playoffs with a mediocre record and gets slammed in the wild-card round. I'm ready to see a team that dominates. I mean, for most of us, our "glory" season was 11-5 and a wc loss. It blows.
I'd rather be the team that "backs into the playoffs" and goes further than a team that goes 16-0 and loses out in the first round.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24917

This loss it is pitiful as the loss to Miami. Maybe worse. No excuse.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20113

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
Well, it does matter a little more now; If we had won with the Steelers loss today, we'd be a lot better positioned for the wildcard spot. Now, one of three scenarios can only happen:

1) Bengals win out
2) Bengals beat Steelers, Steelers drop to Cleveland
3) Bengals beat both Steelers and Ravens; doesn't matter if Steelers win/lose their other two games.

Whereas, had we won today, we would have only needed to worry about beating Pittsburgh, period.

It doesnt matter if we had won today for the wild card spot. Unless, the Steelers lost again and we had a two game lead on them. If we won today and the Steelers were one game behind us on week 17. We would still have to worry about beating Pitt!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7898

We choked it up big time and lost to a terrible Dallas team. I don't think Pittsburgh will wet their pants like we did.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
I'd rather be the team that "backs into the playoffs" and goes further than a team that goes 16-0 and loses out in the first round.
Well, technically you can't lose in the first round if you go 16-0, but I get what you're saying. I would rather back in and win too, problem is, we don't do that. We back in AND lose in round one. It's barely above mediocre.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4368

Quote:

What is pathetic is you cant win at home with a two score lead late in the fourth quarter. I'm ****** off beyond belief. Everything happened for you, and you **** down your leg. Marvin remains the WORST GAME MANAGER in the NFL. He may know schemes and personnel, but he ***** balls at game management.

I wanted to vomit leaving the game today. So sad to think if just ONE of those three dropped INTs would have been caught. The secondary was awful in the fourth quarter WHEN IT MATTERED MOST. Dalton threw a horrible INT early to let the Cowboys in the game again.

I just think this team may be too immature and the coach might not have enough SACK to win games when they REALLY count and make a run. Too bad, because I would debate with anyone that they DO HAVE THE TALENT TO WIN IT ALL RIGHT NOW. We won't find out because they will underacheive and play down to their opponent.

I know pissburg and balt lost. Makes this even worse. You had it all there for you and you crap your pants. Sorry effort down the stretch by the players and coaches.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
We choked it up big time and lost to a terrible Dallas team. I don't think Pittsburgh will wet their pants like we did.
what does it say of Pittsburgh when they wet themselves over San Diego at home today? in fact I would call that a bed ********, the Chargers never won a game that counted in the standings in Pittsburgh in their history before today
Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
This loss it is pitiful as the loss to Miami. Maybe worse. No excuse.
IT's worse. You weren't up by 9 late in the fourth quarter in that game and dropped two easy INTS. Fricking pathetic.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
IT's worse. You weren't up by 9 late in the fourth quarter in that game and dropped two easy INTS. Fricking pathetic.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7473

Meh sh** happens. A lot of dropped balls today on both sides of the ball decided this game. Hopefully we rebound well
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

I think most don't take into account how dynamic the NFL is today, and that's in part due to a lot of variables some of which I would argue is recent rule changes, and flagrant BS calls by refs that can change the face of a game at any given moment.

A good team can be destroyed by a few bad calls due to today's obscure rules. I know it's still not an excuse for a win or loss, but it can be a game changer.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1810

I am really angry about this game. We should have won this. However...or perhaps thankfully.....Balt and Pitt lost so we are not anywhere near out of it.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who-Dey Girl View Post
I am really angry about this game. We should have won this. However...or perhaps thankfully.....Balt and Pitt lost so we are not anywhere near out of it.
We're out of it in the real world. We've done this nonsense of playing down to the opposition consistently all season. Three times it has cost us games now.

I have no reason whatsoever to think we'll beat the Eagles, to say nothing of beating Pittsburgh in their house or beating Baltimore to end the season, 7-9 here we come...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
What is pathetic is you cant win at home with a two score lead late in the fourth quarter. I'm ****** off beyond belief. Everything happened for you, and you **** down your leg. Marvin remains the WORST GAME MANAGER in the NFL. He may know schemes and personnel, but he ***** balls at game management.

I wanted to vomit leaving the game today. So sad to think if just ONE of those three dropped INTs would have been caught. The secondary was awful in the fourth quarter WHEN IT MATTERED MOST. Dalton threw a horrible INT early to let the Cowboys in the game again.

I just think this team may be too immature and the coach might not have enough SACK to win games when they REALLY count and make a run. Too bad, because I would debate with anyone that they DO HAVE THE TALENT TO WIN IT ALL RIGHT NOW. We won't find out because they will underacheive and play down to their opponent.

I know pissburg and balt lost. Makes this even worse. You had it all there for you and you crap your pants. Sorry effort down the stretch by the players and coaches.
Yea....this is pretty much right on.

There were a TON of penalties today on the Bengals. They shot themselves in the foot big time and stalled their drives.

AJ Green probably had his worst game of the season; actually the entire WR core had a horrible game. They dropped a TON of balls today. I thought Jones looked pretty good though.

Andy Daltons INTs are becoming an issue. He gets stuck on AJ so much that it is hurting the offense. He had Gresham or Charles wide open on that play and made a horrible decision to try and squeeze it in there and the Cowboys made him pay. Bad decision

Marvins team is the worst second half team in the league. If the Bengals cant put up big numbers in the first half, they are in trouble. The offense falls asleep in the second half and I have no idea why.

Come crunch time, this team falls apart. That can be blamed on the youth of most of these guys but wow, when your up 9 points with a little under 10 minutes, you HAVE to find a way to win the game. The Bengals handed the Cowboys that game in a bread basket.

Season isnt over yet though.....we still control our own destiny with the Pitt loss and the Balt loss. We can still get in, just going to have to win out to do it.

I havent given up yet. LETS GO BENGALS!

P.S. - there were a **** TON more Cowboy fans then Bengal fans in the Stadium today. It was a home game for the Cowboys.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
It doesnt matter if we had won today for the wild card spot. Unless, the Steelers lost again and we had a two game lead on them. If we won today and the Steelers were one game behind us on week 17. We would still have to worry about beating Pitt!!!
Sure it does. Had we won today, and then beat them in week 16, it wouldn't matter if they won or lost their other two games; now, we have to worry about beating them AND them losing out to Cleveland (or us beating them and Baltimore).

Having the win today would have tremendously helped.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
We're out of it in the real world. We've done this nonsense of playing down to the opposition consistently all season. Three times it has cost us games now.

I have no reason whatsoever to think we'll beat the Eagles, to say nothing of beating Pittsburgh in their house or beating Baltimore to end the season, 7-9 here we come...
how about the 4 games before this? one game doesnt change a thing, nobody is eliminated, nobody could have clinched anything today

Pittsburgh has lost to Oakland, Cleveland, Tennessee and now San Diego and beat Kansas city in OT, what have they done to make you so sure they're such a write in for anything themselves if you're so quick to write off the Bengals?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10037

Is it a pity party to be ****** about 4 losses at home, when at least two of them were squandered W's. Instead of being 9-4 and in the drivers seat, we're 7-6 and not only have to win out to get in, but win out to keep from finishing under .500 @ home.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

This was an important late-season game that we lost on a last second FG to a team from Texas by a score of 20-19. We just completely relived the reg season Texans game from last season.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1878
bengals Re: Knock off the pity party!!!!

Quote:

worse lost in years. what a joke. terrible playcalling, didn't use the running game to their advantage.a ton of dropped balls, and i hate to say this, but i picked them to go 8 and 8 this year. and i know no one wants to read this, but ANDY DALTON IS AN AVERAGE QB.HE IS NOT GETTING BETTER.HE has constantly overthrown his receivers, or throws behind them. his best friend is the running game and they NEVER USED it all day. dallas comes in here as a mass unit, with a ton of replacement players and we cannot beat them??? it is so EMBARRASSING. is it any wonder why we get no respect???they do not deserve it. i sometimes believe they are paid to lose.looked pretty suspect to me. alot,alot of dropped balls. they should have won by 21 points. thats how many they left on the field.and old marvin and his stupid timeouts.he is so so bad.but guess what?? nothing will change and all of us will be history and this franchise will NEVER win a superbowl. think about that!!!! i am so gald i no longer go to games. i have been a fan for 44 years. why??? i do care. they are my team. just like if i have to tell someone why i ride a HARLEY and not a jap bike, then no one understands.this team should have won this game, hands down, they just pickin gave it away. all of them.poor coaching, poor play, i felt very uneasy about this game, they should have by all rights blew this team out of the stadium. i feel so bad for all the paying fans at the game, man there was a ton of dallas fans there. almost like it was their stadium. i am saying this right now. we will not win another game this year.its over, and dallas isn't going anywhere either. we GAVE THIS GAME TO THEM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1878
bengals Re: Knock off the pity party!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
how about the 4 games before this? one game doesnt change a thing, nobody is eliminated, nobody could have clinched anything today

Pittsburgh has lost to Oakland, Cleveland, Tennessee and now San Diego and beat Kansas city in OT, what have they done to make you so sure they're such a write in for anything themselves if you're so quick to write off the Bengals?
KYLE COOK got two pentalitys on him. he should have never been in this game.poor coaching again.robinison should have been left in this game. andy dalton got rushed alot, thanks to stupid cook, and old andy seems to be herky, jerky when he runs and he seems to never find anyone when he is on the run.if he is going to tuck it and run, tell him to RUN TOWARD THE ENDZONE. COME ON MAN.