Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27402
Default Re: Take drugs like you're supposed to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
well I heard that some of the other allergy medicine was actually causing suicide and deppresion..I did my research..I only take benadryl when the mulberry bush is blooming late Feb or march..
Who ever told you that was lying to you or they where just too dumb to know they were lying to you.

but either way you need to find a new place to do research or learn how to tell jokes better whichever your goal is.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I don't want to get into the anxiety/panic attack issue too much because 1) I don't like the field of psychiatry, 2) because I don't like it I don't think I'm particulary good at it, 3) the pharmacology of psych meds is particularly complicated and a balancing act between therapeutic usage and side effects which requires a lot of experience to master, 4) the majority of anxiety/depression patients are just whiners who just want a happy pill and make it more difficult for the patients who truly do need help to get the help they need.

Moving on.

Don't ignore the sleep apnea. The first step to improving sleep apnea is to lose weight. The majority of obstructive sleep apnea sufferers are overweight. Then talk to your doctor about getting a sleep study to determine if you need a CPAP machine. Most people think sleep apnea is no big deal, but they are surprised to learn there is a link between sleep apnea and heart arrhythmias with their associated complications. Plus sleep apnea cuts into your REM sleep and if you also suffer from insomnia you need all the REM sleep you can get. There is also an association between sleep apnea and an increased risk for car accidents due to day time sleepiness.
It took them almost 6 months to get my psych drugs right. Some would give me really bad nightmares and others just would not work. The ones I take now are working, but I have been told that eventually they will need readjusting.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25689

Quote:
Again, I don't know. Why don't you do a little research to prove or disprove your speculation.

http://norml.org/pdf_files/state_pen..._Penalties.pdf

According to NORML, in Ohio marijuana possession is a $150 fine if the amount is less than 100g.

So if a person has chronic back pain and they need one Vicodin 10/660 every 6 hours to control their pain, how much medical marijuana do they need to smoke or injest each day to control their pain? If a patient had a month's supply of medical marijuana would that amount be more than 100g and thus they would face increased penalties for medical marijuana possession?
First off, I don't care enough to do the research because you are missing the point completely. This thread is not about medical marijuana but it seems that one suggestion struck a nerve with you. This thread is about prescription medications and I guess I'm now the antagonist since I stated that pain killers are dangerous? You seem to have it twisted into thinking I'm zero tolerance on pain medication which is absolutely false. They are very necessary, especially for trauma related injuries. I'm saying that not everyone getting prescription medications actually needs them. Once they are addicted their brain will make them think there is pain that really isn't there, and how does the Dr know what the patient is really feeling? It doesn't matter because these same prescriptions can be had easily on the street because somewhere down the line a crooked dr is pushing these things like candy.

If the job requires a pee test then it most likely requires some risk of injury which in turn means you shouldn't be doing it on opiates.

Quote:
So narcotic withdrawal is "uncomfortable"? I don't think people who have experienced narcotic withdrawal would actual describe it as "uncomfortable".

And you would suggest massage an an amino acid? That must be why narcotic dependence and addiction is so easy to treat! Damn, I wish you taught me this little nugget of wisdom back when I was quitting Copenhagen. It would have made it soooo much easier.
Here you are spinning my words to create some kind of conflict when I'm simply promoting healthy mind and body. I'm not saying my suggestions would work at all, but I find it ignorant for somebody to dismiss the possibility of healthy/natural remedies and head straight to the Dr for highly addictive opiates.

I never said the narcotic withdrawal would be uncomfortable, I was implying that the "injury pain" would be uncomfortable. Actually the demographic i was imagining wasn't an addicted pill junky, rather an average dude that was given viocodin for being injured on the job or what not. Like somebody said earlier, first viocodin then percoset, then whatever next and so on.

As for the dependence, I said the user must want to quit. At a point you need to man the F up and take the pain. If a user doesn't want to better themselves because they don't want to take the withdrawal pains then F them. Hopefully they have somebody in their life that will take a hard stand with them rather than standby and watch their mind and body deteriorate. If they don't then I guess they can live with a crutch and eventually die from it...what do I care. I'm promoting healthy living and you are adding nothing but conflict. I know I won't let my love ones go down like that without trying, you can worry about yours because I don't have time for them.

For somebody that supposedly spends time with smart people, you seem pretty ignorant when it comes to the real dangers of prescription drugs. Maybe you don't know somebody that has fell victim, but you will.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people

Last edited by Who2Dey; 12-05-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
I am really leary of drugs..I just hear all those side effects and it scares me..last spring I had allergies and took Benadryl around the clock..I would not even try Claratin..just leary of all those side effects.
Guess you wouldn't want to enjoy my day. Here's my routine. All prescribed, and all necessary. Mikey's day:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Guess you wouldn't want to enjoy my day. Here's my routine. All prescribed, and all necessary. Mikey's day:
I love the irony of the place mat its sitting on.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
Do you see the Lantus and the Humalog vials? That's insulin. Who requires insulin? All Type 1 diabetics (and some poorly controlled Type 2 diabetics.) Would an apple a day prevent Type 1 Diabetes? No. Why? Because the exact cause of Type 1 Diabetes isn't known, but it is most likely an autoimmune disorder which can have a genetic component in which the body attacks the pancreas so it no longer produces enought insulin for the body's demands. Without insulin, Type 1 diabetes is fatal.

Your comment comes off as mocking Mikey's medical conditions and I think it is in poor taste.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7039

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
I can relate to what you are saying. I am currently taking eight different meds. The doc can call in seven of them, but I have to go to his office and get a written prescription for Klonopin. He will only give enough to last 30 days, then I have to go back in to get it refilled. All because idiots get it and then sell it on the streets. He can't even fax it in.
I know the reason I have to go back every 3 months to get my refills is because of abuse. I take a **** test every 3 months as well just to make sure I'm taking them.

I would love to use marijuana to control my pain, but it's just to expensive. I spend $8 a month on my pain medications, how much would I spend on "Left handed cigarettes"? I know I wouldn't be able to afford it. Even if it was legal, I doubt insurance would cover it.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
First off, I don't care enough to do the research because you are missing the point completely.
Yeah, I didn't think you would care enough to gather the data to support your unfounded speculation.

Quote:
This thread is not about medical marijuana but it seems that one suggestion struck a nerve with you. This thread is about prescription medications and I guess I'm now the antagonist since I stated that pain killers are dangerous? You seem to have it twisted into thinking I'm zero tolerance on pain medication which is absolutely false.
Really? Let's review what you wrote.

Quote:
Yall need to get off the pain killers. Pain should be taken out of the title...they are flat out killers. You will build a tolerance and will need stronger pills. Your life will revolve around your pill schedule.

They are highly addictive and kill more americans than heroin and cocaine combined. It's a deadly racket and should have been one of the top issues discussed during the presidential race but wasn't because of the cash it brings in.

Those in serious pain should buy a bag of good weed and research baking it in brownies. Since it is consumed through your digestive track it effects the body differently than simply smoking it. 10000000 times safer than the pills the doc is giving you.

It is disgusting the amount of people I know personally that have died from prescription drugs. It's amazing that the pharmaceutical companies just float along unscathed as they are killing citizens and turning the rest into zombies.

Good luck and be careful.
That seems pretty zero tolerance. And you certainly didn't include any provision for acute pain like you are now.

As to your marijuana suggestion, I asked for a viable recommendation since most Americans don't have access to legal medical marijuana and whose jobs aren't protected should they fail a random drug screen required by their employer. (And if they lose their job they can't afford to buy the marijuana you propose they go out and buy illegally. Not to mention if they have employer sponsored health insurance they can kiss that goodbye as well.) As suspected, you suggest they break the law and potentially risk their jobs. Their alternative is to obtain prescription pain medication legally and a valid prescription for therapeutic use would prevent them from being fired if they failed a drug screen for narcotics. Which option do you think the majority of people would choose? Option 1: Break the law, risk losing job and health insurance or Option 2: follow the law, keep job and health insurance? It's easy for you to tell people to go out and buy a bag of good weed, but it isn't very realistic considering the reality of the current medical marijuana situation in this country.

Show me where anyone in this entire thread said prescription pain medications aren't dangerous.

Quote:
They are very necessary, especially for trauma related injuries. I'm saying that not everyone getting prescription medications actually needs them.
No crap, Sherlock. Show me where anyone in this thread suggested people who didn't need them weren't abusing them. That's been a common theme throughout this thread. Since I frequently ask nurses to practicallly do background checks by calling around town to different pharmacies gaining prescription history of suspected drug seekers so I can prove they are drug seekers, I know far better than you not everyone who is getting them them actually needs them.

Quote:
Once they are addicted their brain will make them think there is pain that really isn't there, and how does the Dr know what the patient is really feeling?
Actually, you don't understand the first thing about the pathology of chronic pain. Chronic pain makes makes people more susceptible to pain and the pain they experience is usually more severe given the nature of an injury compared to someone without chronic pain. Because chronic pain sufferers experience pain differently than someone with an acute injury.

Quote:
It doesn't matter because these same prescriptions can be had easily on the street because somewhere down the line a crooked dr is pushing these things like candy.
Yes, there are unethical doctors who do that. But, the majority don't. And there are plenty of people who come to the doctor and lie through their teeth in order to get medications they don't need in order to divert them for resale. And when I confront them with their prescription history of seeking controlled substances from multiple, overlapping prescriptions for multiple narcotics from multiple doctors from multiple locations and multiple treatment settings and using multiple pharmacies to fill them then refuse to give them a prescription then they get mad at me. I've actually had doctor tell me his patient (in another room) was actually scared and wondered if they should leave because they overheard the little temper tantrum the drug seeker was throwing.

Quote:
If the job requires a pee test then it most likely requires some risk of injury which in turn means you shouldn't be doing it on opiates.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of jobs which don't involve any risk of injury other than a paper cut which require drug screens and taking opiates wouldn't put them at increased risk of injury. Additionally, you are discounting the affect of tolerance. The dosage of a narcotic which might make you fall asleep, wouldn't affect the alertness of a chronic pain sufferer who has been taking that same dose for a long time and who has developed tolerance.

Quote:
Here you are spinning my words to create some kind of conflict when I'm simply promoting healthy mind and body. I'm not saying my suggestions would work at all, but I find it ignorant for somebody to dismiss the possibility of healthy/natural remedies and head straight to the Dr for highly addictive opiates.
To suggest someone with chronic pain or addiction can treat it with massage and an amino acid is ignorant. And I'm dismissing that ignorant suggestion as ignorant. That doesn't mean I dismiss massage therapy or other healthy/natural remedies when appropriate.

Quote:
I never said the narcotic withdrawal would be uncomfortable, I was implying that the "injury pain" would be uncomfortable. Actually the demographic i was imagining wasn't an addicted pill junky, rather an average dude that was given viocodin for being injured on the job or what not. Like somebody said earlier, first viocodin then percoset, then whatever next and so on.
The question I asked which you were answering was regarding chronic pain sufferers because all these guys in this thread who you've suggested stop taking chronic pain medications and go buy a bag of good weed all suffer from chronic pain. If they followed your suggestion they would go through withdrawal. Suggesting massage and an amino acid for that is laughable.

Now if you want to say people with acute pain need to stop their medications (which you previously stated you believed in pain medications for acute pain) then what they would experience without the acute pain medications wouldn't be "uncomfortable", it would be acute pain. The majority of patients with acute pain don't need narcotic pain medication, but it is another source of frequent arguments. Suggesting an amino acid for acute pain "to get the blood flowing without straining other parts of your body by over compensating" is laughable. Suggesting massage therapy for a lumbar strain, good recommendation. Suggesting massage therapy for a broken femur, laughable.

Quote:
As for the dependence, I said the user must want to quit. At a point you need to man the F up and take the pain.
LOL

There are patients out there who have exhausted all treatment options and they are going to have pain for the rest of their life. And nothing will change that. Your advice to them is "man the F up and take the pain"? That's another laughable recommendation. There are plenty of chronic pain sufferers out there who take their medications appropriately and are able to manage their pain. They aren't able to live pain free, but the are able to manage it so they can continue to live their life. Some better than others. Just because there are people out there who abuse the system doesn't mean we should tell these patients, "man the F up and take the pain."

Please learn the difference between dependence and addiction.

Quote:
If a user doesn't want to better themselves because they don't want to take the withdrawal pains then F them. Hopefully they have somebody in their life that will take a hard stand with them rather than standby and watch their mind and body deteriorate. If they don't then I guess they can live with a crutch and eventually die from it...what do I care. I'm promoting healthy living and you are adding nothing but conflict. I know I won't let my love ones go down like that without trying, you can worry about yours because I don't have time for them.
You're adding nothing but ignorance and laughable suggestions. I have to continually remind myself that addiction is a disease and that these drug seekers who lie to my face and make me so mad and frustrated and **** up my time which could be spent helping someone else rather than fueling their addiction actually need my help to get the treatment they need and not judgment about their obviously bad life choices. So we have a little talk on addiction and treatment and usually they ignore my advice.

Quote:
For somebody that supposedly spends time with smart people, you seem pretty ignorant when it comes to the real dangers of prescription drugs. Maybe you don't know somebody that has fell victim, but you will.
I have about 16-17 years of formal education, training, and experience along with the appropriate credentials, including a DEA license to prescribe controlled substances, to treat patients. My patient encounters include people with addiction, people with acute injuries, and people who have legitimate chronic pain and a need for chronic pain medication. I'm familiar with the dangers, Mr. L-arginine.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I know the reason I have to go back every 3 months to get my refills is because of abuse. I take a **** test every 3 months as well just to make sure I'm taking them.

I would love to use marijuana to control my pain, but it's just to expensive. I spend $8 a month on my pain medications, how much would I spend on "Left handed cigarettes"? I know I wouldn't be able to afford it. Even if it was legal, I doubt insurance would cover it.
Another excellent point.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46635

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think you would care enough to gather the data to support your unfounded speculation.

Really? Let's review what you wrote.

That seems pretty zero tolerance. And you certainly didn't include any provision for acute pain like you are now.

As to your marijuana suggestion, I asked for a viable recommendation since most Americans don't have access to legal medical marijuana and whose jobs aren't protected should they fail a random drug screen required by their employer. (And if they lose their job they can't afford to buy the marijuana you propose they go out and buy illegally. Not to mention if they have employer sponsored health insurance they can kiss that goodbye as well.) As suspected, you suggest they break the law and potentially risk their jobs. Their alternative is to obtain prescription pain medication legally and a valid prescription for therapeutic use would prevent them from being fired if they failed a drug screen for narcotics. Which option do you think the majority of people would choose? Option 1: Break the law, risk losing job and health insurance or Option 2: follow the law, keep job and health insurance? It's easy for you to tell people to go out and buy a bag of good weed, but it isn't very realistic considering the reality of the current medical marijuana situation in this country.

Show me where anyone in this entire thread said prescription pain medications aren't dangerous.

No crap, Sherlock. Show me where anyone in this thread suggested people who didn't need them weren't abusing them. That's been a common theme throughout this thread. Since I frequently ask nurses to practicallly do background checks by calling around town to different pharmacies gaining prescription history of suspected drug seekers so I can prove they are drug seekers, I know far better than you not everyone who is getting them them actually needs them.

Actually, you don't understand the first thing about the pathology of chronic pain. Chronic pain makes makes people more susceptible to pain and the pain they experience is usually more severe given the nature of an injury compared to someone without chronic pain. Because chronic pain sufferers experience pain differently than someone with an acute injury.

Yes, there are unethical doctors who do that. But, the majority don't. And there are plenty of people who come to the doctor and lie through their teeth in order to get medications they don't need in order to divert them for resale. And when I confront them with their prescription history of seeking controlled substances from multiple, overlapping prescriptions for multiple narcotics from multiple doctors from multiple locations and multiple treatment settings and using multiple pharmacies to fill them then refuse to give them a prescription then they get mad at me. I've actually had doctor tell me his patient (in another room) was actually scared and wondered if they should leave because they overheard the little temper tantrum the drug seeker was throwing.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of jobs which don't involve any risk of injury other than a paper cut which require drug screens and taking opiates wouldn't put them at increased risk of injury. Additionally, you are discounting the affect of tolerance. The dosage of a narcotic which might make you fall asleep, wouldn't affect the alertness of a chronic pain sufferer who has been taking that same dose for a long time and who has developed tolerance.

To suggest someone with chronic pain or addiction can treat it with massage and an amino acid is ignorant. And I'm dismissing that ignorant suggestion as ignorant. That doesn't mean I dismiss massage therapy or other healthy/natural remedies when appropriate.

The question I asked which you were answering was regarding chronic pain sufferers because all these guys in this thread who you've suggested stop taking chronic pain medications and go buy a bag of good weed all suffer from chronic pain. If they followed your suggestion they would go through withdrawal. Suggesting massage and an amino acid for that is laughable.

Now if you want to say people with acute pain need to stop their medications (which you previously stated you believed in pain medications for acute pain) then what they would experience without the acute pain medications wouldn't be "uncomfortable", it would be acute pain. The majority of patients with acute pain don't need narcotic pain medication, but it is another source of frequent arguments. Suggesting an amino acid for acute pain "to get the blood flowing without straining other parts of your body by over compensating" is laughable. Suggesting massage therapy for a lumbar strain, good recommendation. Suggesting massage therapy for a broken femur, laughable.

LOL

There are patients out there who have exhausted all treatment options and they are going to have pain for the rest of their life. And nothing will change that. Your advice to them is "man the F up and take the pain"? That's another laughable recommendation. There are plenty of chronic pain sufferers out there who take their medications appropriately and are able to manage their pain. They aren't able to live pain free, but the are able to manage it so they can continue to live their life. Some better than others. Just because there are people out there who abuse the system doesn't mean we should tell these patients, "man the F up and take the pain."

Please learn the difference between dependence and addiction.

You're adding nothing but ignorance and laughable suggestions. I have to continually remind myself that addiction is a disease and that these drug seekers who lie to my face and make me so mad and frustrated and **** up my time which could be spent helping someone else rather than fueling their addiction actually need my help to get the treatment they need and not judgment about their obviously bad life choices. So we have a little talk on addiction and treatment and usually they ignore my advice.

I have about 16-17 years of formal education, training, and experience along with the appropriate credentials, including a DEA license to prescribe controlled substances, to treat patients. My patient encounters include people with addiction, people with acute injuries, and people who have legitimate chronic pain and a need for chronic pain medication. I'm familiar with the dangers, Mr. L-arginine.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

I take meds because I have too. How could you treat degenerative joint disease and degenerative medial meniscus tear of the left knee, diabetes, chronic venous insufficiency of the bilateral lower extremities, venous stasis dermatitis, edema, bi polar disorder, adjustment disorder with depressed mood, and panic disorder with agoraphobia, and even though I am 6'1 and weigh 250 lbs, I am considered obese, which according to the doc it is common to gain weight with the bi polar meds.

Can some one please tell me how the hell to deal with all this without meds?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

you are all some unhealthy mother****ers.

god i hope i dont get old
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
you are all some unhealthy mother****ers.

god i hope i dont get old
Age really don't have anything to do with it, Most of my problems are genetic and some are from playing football and messing up my knees in the army.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
The placemat is there to cover a big burn spot. But after you pointed it out, I removed it. It has just been there since my ex-wife put it there.

And as for age, I'm 48, so Lygraf, if 48 is old, then you're right. Nearly everything I have is genetic. The rest is from living hard for 30 years or so.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
The placemat is there to cover a big burn spot. But after you pointed it out, I removed it. It has just been there since my ex-wife put it there.

And as for age, I'm 48, so Lygraf, if 48 is old, then you're right. Nearly everything I have is genetic. The rest is from living hard for 30 years or so.
dont feel bad sir.. my wife is 31 and takes twice what you have there daily.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
dont feel bad sir.. my wife is 31 and takes twice what you have there daily.
Oh, I'm not blind to the fact there are many more out there facing much worse medical issues. My picture was for the benefit of MS and her remark about being leery of drugs and side affects.

And I feel for your wife friend. That's a bit heartbreaking.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh, I'm not blind to the fact there are many more out there facing much worse medical issues. My picture was for the benefit of MS and her remark about being leery of drugs and side affects.

And I feel for your wife friend. That's a bit heartbreaking.
Yeah it can be its a never ending string of problems. But that doesnt matter to me.

Anyways 1 Thing people must be careful of is letting their doctors over medicate them its how i lost my grandma. Some Doctors (not all im sure theres good guys out there still) Just want to give you a pill then pills for the side effects of that pill because their contract with the pharasodical companies pays well.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Do you see the Lantus and the Humalog vials? That's insulin. Who requires insulin? All Type 1 diabetics (and some poorly controlled Type 2 diabetics.) Would an apple a day prevent Type 1 Diabetes? No. Why? Because the exact cause of Type 1 Diabetes isn't known, but it is most likely an autoimmune disorder which can have a genetic component in which the body attacks the pancreas so it no longer produces enought insulin for the body's demands. Without insulin, Type 1 diabetes is fatal.

Your comment comes off as mocking Mikey's medical conditions and I think it is in poor taste.
You must be a hit at parties! What a lame, good thing what you have to say equates to nada.

I'm not reading your wall of text or doing research or reading Mikes prescriptions like a creeper or wasting anymore time on you and the subject. I have eyeballs and common sense on my side. Good luck in your quest to make our citizens weak and dependent skippy! Save your BS trollboy because I'm not the one. Yeah being dependant on opiates is a great thing...you're an effing genius Bumpy Johnson.
Quote:

Last edited by Who2Dey; 12-09-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

If 48 is old I am in trouble because I am 53. Like you most of my problems are genetic, nothing I could do about that. Some problems though like the bad knee and leg problems came from the service.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
If 48 is old I am in trouble because I am 53. Like you most of my problems are genetic, nothing I could do about that. Some problems though like the bad knee and leg problems came from the service.
Have you ever tried fish oil for the joints? Won't take pain away, but maybe can take some stress of the medication. I work a physical job and can tell a difference when taking them. I take more than the two capsules a day the bottle recommends though.
Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 87193

Quote:
Have you ever tried fish oil for the joints?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
You must be a hit at parties! What a lame, good thing what you have to say equates to nada.
You must be a huge hit at parties because I know I'm laughing at your jokes.

Quote:
I'm not reading your wall of text or doing research or reading Mikes prescriptions like a creeper or wasting anymore time on you and the subject.
I'm 100% certain you aren't doing any research because that would require some effort on your part and you just might accidentally learn something.

You can't read "An Apple a Day" unobstructed because Mikey's insulin syringe is blocking your damn view! But, that didn't stop you from making fun of his medical conditions. And it is too much effort to raise you gaze 1/2" inch to read the insulin vials because that would make you a creeper?

Quote:
I have eyeballs and common sense on my side.
I haven't seen any of this alleged common sense you write of. You've recommended people break the law and potentially lose their job and health insurance instead of obtaining legal prescriptions and take their medication in a manner in which it was prescribed and intended. You've wittingling recommended a nonessential amino acid which is readily available through your diet and your body biosynthesizes for acute pain and unwittingly for chronic pain and withdrawal, and "to get the blood flowing without straining other parts of your body by over compensating" (whatever the hell that quote is supposed to mean) despite the complete dearth of proof it works for that indication while admitting you have no idea if it would be effective. You've recommended people with pain just "man the F up and take the pain." You've recommended fish oil to "maybe can take some stress of the medication." (Again, what is that supposed to mean?)

I don't see any evidence of common sense.

Quote:
Good luck in your quest to make our citizens weak and dependent skippy!
You mean by prescribing people narcotic pain medication for acute pain due to trauma for less than 2 weeks? Pain medication for acute pain like you stated people needed?

Quote:
You seem to have it twisted into thinking I'm zero tolerance on pain medication which is absolutely false. They are very necessary, especially for trauma related injuries.
Quote:
Save your BS trollboy because I'm not the one. Yeah being dependant on opiates is a great thing...
I never stated being dependent upon narcotic pain medication was a great thing. But, there is a difference between being physically dependent on a narcotic while using it appropriately and addiction and using narcotics inappropriately for recreational drug use to get high. A distinction which still escapes you. Narcotic pain medications are a tool. A tool which can be used appropriately or abused.

Quote:
you're an effing genius Bumpy Johnson.
According to MENSA I am.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever tried fish oil for the joints? Won't take pain away, but maybe can take some stress of the medication. I work a physical job and can tell a difference when taking them. I take more than the two capsules a day the bottle recommends though.
Fish oil supplementation is proven to be beneficial for some medical conditions. Here's a list of what it is proven to do and not do.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/993.html

Show me where fish oil "can take some stress of the medication."

Taking more than the recommended dosage ironically increases your risk of stroke.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Fish oil supplementation is proven to be beneficial for some medical conditions. Here's a list of what it is proven to do and not do.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/993.html

Show me where fish oil "can take some stress of the medication."

Taking more than the recommended dosage ironically increases your risk of stroke.
You're not dead yet? OD already stupid.
Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73156

Getting in late on this, and I haven't read the thread, but I agree. I see how people can get addicted as well. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, the price for Vicodin was pretty ridiculous. But, I used a pill bottle to store some extra-curricular, and it happened to be that bottle (there was a little bit of residue from the pills remaining stuck on there), and it was pretty damn fun.

Disclaimer - I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT EVER DO IT AGAIN. It was an accident.