Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 27197
Default Philadelphia Eagles: A Trap Game for Cincinnati?

The lowly Eagles are 4-9 after beating the Buccaneers today on a last second pass from Nick Foles to Jeremy Maclin. This Thursday the Bengals travel to Philadelphia to play the Eagles on national television. Usually I am rather confident about playing teams like Philadelphia when they are having a bad season but they still have some good players and Andy Reid, their head coach, is no dummy. Does anyone else sense a trap game coming on with some letdown from the Cowboys game mixed in? Is it possible the players and coaches might take this game too lightly and look past Thursday night to next week against the Steelers? I hope I'm wrong and the Bengals go into their stadium and blow the doors off the Eagles.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles: A Trap Game for Cincinnati?

Anything can happen at this point.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Basically, if we lose in Philly, the season if over. Pretty simple, and I think the players know that.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8409

I think we eek out a W in Philly, but then we have our work cut out for us with two teams who have abused our playoff chances for years.

Loss today and the entire month of October killing us now.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

No doubt the coaches understand the gravity of winning ALL of our final games. Also I believe they understand that Philly isn't an easy out. Especially after beating the Bucs.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 53910

By losing the Dallas game, we proved once again we don't win games we should. In my mind, that alone takes away the "trap game" aspect for the Philly game.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6800

The season is already over. They proved that yesterday.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5444

This game will be about which team will be physically ready to play NFL football. I do not have any faith in that aspect of the Bengals coaching staff.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Lol @ trap games. I hope this term dies off one day, but that's probably wishful thinking. Every game is taken seriously.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22337

Eagles are hot right now, so the Bengals need to show up ready to play.

The offense needs to stick with what's working and the defense needs to put the QB down.

Wouldn't call it a trap game, but a must win like the last game...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 262

Can't be called a trap game when the team you are playing is as good as you anyways.......
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5156

Trap game? It's not a trap game when you are coming off a loss going on the road on a short week. Add in the fact your playing for your season and you just let one slip away you should have won. If anything the loss refocused them knowing they have zero room for error now.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9605

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
By losing the Dallas game, we proved once again we don't win games we should. In my mind, that alone takes away the "trap game" aspect for the Philly game.
This +1 and a bag of chips.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Basically, if we lose in Philly, the season if over. Pretty simple, and I think the players know that.
exactly, it's one thing to lose like we did to a team like Dallas, obviously not good but not the kind of team where everyone in the media would write off the Bengals for it, in fact there's been no mention of as much as an indictment of the Bengals season for losing that game except from fans here

now if we're losing to the Eagles, unbelievably we wouldnt be out of it because even if we lost to the Eagles, entered Pittsburgh 1 game back and beat them we would still overtake them tied - but of course if we're losing to the Eagles then there are legitimate doubts and concerns that we would do any better with Baltimore and Pittsburgh

however the last time we played a team the week before we had to play the Steelers, the Browns won their first game of the year and with the Steelers game after this, this is definitely a trap game and anything but 8-6 would be disastrous for the season
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Kettering I usually like your post but everytime I'm looking for a thread and I see the title for this thread I want to kick my screen until it's in a million pieces. I don't think work would be to happy with me.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3943

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
This game will be about which team will be physically ready to play NFL football. I do not have any faith in that aspect of the Bengals coaching staff.
You do realize that the Bengals are one of the healthiest teams in the NFL right now.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post

True. Since Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden dropped those give me TD's Dalton threw him. What about Zimmer dropping all those INTs Romo threw him? Rediculousness.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Another trap game thread lol
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Another trap game thread lol

The use of the term trap game in seriousness should be an automatic two week vacation (read:suspension).

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10032

A trap game is when a good team overlooks a game against a weak team that falls in between two big games. The Dallas game is no bigger than the Eagles game, and the good team part is missing.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689

There are stats where the road team usually loses on the Thursday night game because of the short preparation of travel.

On paper that shouldn't be an excuse as we should win and win handily...but it is a consideration.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 27197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
The use of the term trap game in seriousness should be an automatic two week vacation (read:suspension).

When the Cincinnati coaching staff stops taking 60 minute mental vacations against beatable opponents, I'll stop using the term.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
When the Cincinnati coaching staff stops taking 60 minute mental vacations against beatable opponents, I'll stop using the term.
This is silly. Every team is a "beatable opponent". The coaching staff didn't drop all those balls that were right between the numbers. Would of been great playcalling and many people hear would praise the playcalling had we been able to hold onto the ball. We would of been "not letting up, playing not to lose".

Let the TRAP pictures surface. Time to take over this thread
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 785

When's the last time we won a nationally televised game? Dalton's not ready yet. Maybe 2 years from now but not this year or next. Andy has a problem reading defenses, they know it and pick him off every game. He's also too cocky about what windows he can throw into with his average arm strength. Our number 1 reciever was a no show today, just ask Dez Bryant who did show up with his teams season on the line. No we won't make the play offs because these 2 guys are not ready yet. Sure we can blame all the minor players of this B movie but so goes the success of Dalton & Green so goes the suceess of this team. When teams can force Dalton into turn overs and shut Green down. They like the odds of dealing with the remaining Bengal minions.
AJ Green had
Huge drops at critical moments. A ridiculous shove that even BJGE yelled at him for. He's been consistantly mediocre when playing on NFL nationally broadcast games. He goes into meltdown or disappears.Dalton has the same problem when faced with a nationally broadcast game. They appear to shrink away from the challenge. Kinda like LaBron James was accused of for a time. Dez Bryant pulled a Dirk(of the Dallas Mavericks) and showed up. Just like LaBron, AJ should learn from this. Think about it, when was the last time the Bengals won a nationally televised game?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandFan View Post
When's the last time we won a nationally televised game? Dalton's not ready yet. Maybe 2 years from now but not this year or next. Andy has a problem reading defenses, they know it and pick him off every game. He's also too cocky about what windows he can throw into with his average arm strength. Our number 1 reciever was a no show today, just ask Dez Bryant who did show up with his teams season on the line. No we won't make the play offs because these 2 guys are not ready yet. Sure we can blame all the minor players of this B movie but so goes the success of Dalton & Green so goes the suceess of this team. When teams can force Dalton into turn overs and shut Green down. They like the odds of dealing with the remaining Bengal minions.
AJ Green had
Huge drops at critical moments. A ridiculous shove that even BJGE yelled at him for. He's been consistantly mediocre when playing on NFL nationally broadcast games. He goes into meltdown or disappears.Dalton has the same problem when faced with a nationally broadcast game. They appear to shrink away from the challenge. Kinda like LaBron James was accused of for a time. Dez Bryant pulled a Dirk(of the Dallas Mavericks) and showed up. Just like LaBron, AJ should learn from this. Think about it, when was the last time the Bengals won a nationally televised game?

The sky is falling...ah...run for cover!!!!!!!!!