Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3274
Default Re: This team ***** in big games

There were quite a few missed catches, both on offense and defense. They clearly changed the outcome of the game. Blame cannot be placed on one or two particular individuals.

That's why games are played. If teams won every game they were expected to win, it would be practically the same team winning the super bowl every year. Losing *****, but you can't do anything about it, as you personally have no effect on what happens on the field.

Enjoy the season for what it has been so far, and what it will/could be for the remainder. At least we are still in playoff contention and our season isn't already over. I'm just looking forward to hopefully making the playoffs. It's a whole new season once the playoffs start. Sports are meant for entertainment, not for dictating the personal lives of the fans. We want our favorite team(s) to be the best, but there's no reason to stress so much over something we cannot control.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 16

Get used to it.

Until we dump Marvin Lewis, this is the best we're ever going to do in "Big Games". He does just enough to show "hope" year-after-year and convince MB and others for another (and another, and another) shot, yes has not produced a single worthwhile season.

Give him back to the Ravens.

The job of a HC = Ensure players are READY for these important games. Name ONE important game Lewis has been HC that we've won. Name ONE! The few times we've made it into the playoffs, we "backed in" because other teams ****** even worse, opening a spot for us, or we eeeked in with the worse record of any playoff team.

We haven't yet one a single playoff game under his so-called "leadership". Mark my words, we'll lose to both Pittsburgh & Baltimore to finish the season. 50/50 to beat the Eagles.

I know Mike Brown is about as worthless, but you can't fire the owner...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24334
bengals Re: This team ***** in big games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandFan View Post
Dude your evading the question. O.K let's put it this way. Your playing trivia pursuit and the question is:
How many times have the combination of Dalton & Green been on national TV in the past 2 years ?. 1,2,3,4,5,6, ?? and how many times did they grab a win??
Not evading anything. You must be lacking reading comprehension. Let me state it one more time and maybe you will get it this time. I do not know how many times they have been nationally televised. Did you get it that time?

I do not care how many times they have been nationally televised. I care about what I get to see period. Understand it this time? I am as well not going to spend my time researching it got it?

Now to your theory.....so if Manning played only on Thursday nights you are stating he would have zero losses correct?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

They beat the Redskins while they were the #1 offense in the NFL. Beat the reigning Super Bowl Champs. Beat their QB that quit on them.

This team is young, and still has some things to get better on. But we can't act like last Sunday is the end of the Bengals season. They win out, they're in. They made it to this point, now let's see if they're mature enough to take advantage of it

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2691

Look at the age of our skill position people:

Green -2nd year
Jones-rookie
Hawkins-2nd year
Sanu-2nd year (miss you dude-get well soon)
Gresham-3rd yr (but spent 1st years as a blocker under Bratkowski)
Dalton 2nd year
BJGE-1st year of being a starter ( limited action back in NE)

MY, we very young-Cowboys D-line is very good-they are long just as we are long-yet we kept them at bay until the very end.

The driving rain storm did not help, but the cowboys seemed to adjust to it better-veterans.

All this being said-in big games-the Bengal can b counted on to show up small.

Ian
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 741

Quote:
Yes but in those 2 years how many did they compete in and win? Why does that simple question offend you? Let's say it was 4 games, what were the results? When stats come out that Manny has never lost a thursday night game 4-0 thats fine. I ask this and you cringe.
It's not that I'm evading as much as it's just a stupid question to ask, no offense. You are trying to twist facts and numbers around to prove a point which makes little sense. The Bengals don't lose games just because they are in prime time, they lose because they were typically not the best team on the field on that given day.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Andy's problem is:

Tends to hold the ball too long
Tends to throw too many balls off his back foot instead of stepping up
Struggles with completing passes on the run

All three of these were on display yesterday. I think he improves on all three as he progresses and grows as a QB.
How many games does a player have to play, before he becomes a veteran, Andy has 29 games, plus pre-season snaps, and practices under his belt, and still most of you guys defend him like he started yesterday, its time he grows up, and starts playing like the vet he is, he threw some pretty bad passes yesterday, and I stated before the season started, that A.J. won't pull him out all the time, like he did last year, he needs to get as much blame as the receivers, I realize they dropped some passes, but he also missed some wide open players, and threw some bad passes that you guys blame the receivers for, start watching the games, without the Dalton glasses, and see the game.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Sorry to say the future is not bright. That "game" was all the proof needed. The sloppy play AGAIN and the mental mistakes AGAIN proved these players are not legitimate NFL material. Why? Because they don't learn from the mistakes.

Learning means you do it once and never repeat it. We however see the same exact dumb moves over and over and over again. We have multiple lost games this year where we did exactly this - played down to an inferior team, let them hang around and then lost at the end. Legitimate NFL playoff caliber teams do not do this.
Give me a break. Your expectations are way, way too high. You know those pathetic Cardinals that lost 58-0 this weekend? They beat the Patriots earlier this year. And you know what? I think the Pats are nevertheless "legitimate NFL material." Sometimes you just don't play up to your potential, period. It happens to everybody.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I will answer that as soon as you show me where Andy has been intercepted EVERY game. Oh and on a side not I do not keep up with what games are nationally televised and which game are not. I could actually careless if they are or are not. Seems you have much free time to keep up with such things.
Answer: Boomer must have a lot of free time too, because he mentioned this very same stat last night during game with Philly. " the Bengals have a 9 game losing streak when playing on prime time". They finally ended it,but not with the help Dalton and crew. They owe the defense big time for covering up their terrible play.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 741

Quote:
Answer: Boomer must have a lot of free time too, because he mentioned this very same stat last night during game with Philly. " the Bengals have a 9 game losing streak when playing on prime time". They finally ended it,but not with the help Dalton and crew. They owe the defense big time for covering up their terrible play.
The bengals had a 9 game streak, not Dalton and Green. Again, prime time has no bearing on their losses. It's one of those silly stats that people bring up.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11187

Quote:
First, I'm not meaning to be a smart*** but seriosuly dude, get over it. Let's review:

Defense scored 6 points.
Special Teams scored 10 points.
The leaves the remain 18 points to have been scored by the offense.

It takes a team to win and a team to lose.

Dalton and crew won.
The Defense won.
The Special teams won.

Could they do better, sure, but the people on this board are acting like we're the ones that got our butts handed to us on national TV last night. News flash people, 34 points scored is pretty darn good in this league regardless of how it happened. Very few football games are played in the NFL where one team just dominates from start to finish of the game. It's about perseverance. This team is learning how to persevere, even better, last night showed they were willing to put their foot on the throat of their opponent late in the game unlike last week vs. Dallas. Lesson learned. Eagles were blown out. Next up: Pitt

Who Dey, all!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
The bengals had a 9 game streak, not Dalton and Green. Again, prime time has no bearing on their losses. It's one of those silly stats that people bring up.
In my opinion these stats do count. Our 0-6 record against Balt & Pits are stats. Stats do matter. Some coaches and players for some unknown reason perform better during prime time games, while others tense up under the scrutiny of national attention. The Bengals for some reason seem to tense up . The great thing is our D helped end this streak 0-9. A paticular individual here has said these stats don't count, but trust me ALL the players & staff secretly knew of the 0-9 record.. Now that this monkey is off their back maybe we'll see a different team at the Stoolers. The Monkey's Gone!! Now let's end the 0- 6 stat.and win this divsion!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11187

Quote:
In my opinion these stats do count. Our 0-6 record against Balt & Pits are stats. Stats do matter. Some coaches and players for some unknown reason perform better during prime time games, while others tense up under the scrutiny of national attention. The Bengals for some reason seem to tense up . The great thing is our D helped end this streak 0-9. A paticular individual here has said these stats don't count, but trust me ALL the players & staff secretly knew of the 0-9 record.. Now that this monkey is off their back maybe we'll see a different team at the Stoolers. The Monkey's Gone!! Now let's end the 0- 6 stat.and win this divsion!
I'm with you there! Who Dey!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I'm with you there! Who Dey!!!
Who Dey back at Cha Bro!! If Dalton can get his mojo back we could make it a good run.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
This is a young team, and I think the future is bright. However, as things stand today, these kids struggle in big games. They had multiple chances last year to control their own destiny, and wound up blowing all of them. Nevertheless, they backed their way into the playoffs, and then were promptly thumped by the Texans. This season is looking no different, as they have been thumped by the Ravens and Steelers, and and blew a huge opportunity at home today. They way they lost today with sloppy play and mental mistakes was particularly disheartening.

The 4th Quarter play calling today was suspect too, implicating the coaches as well as the players.

Andy seems prone to some stupid mistakes in big games too.

I'm hoping they learn from these mistakes, and are building towards something special.

It's pretty simple, run the football.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan6147 View Post
It's pretty simple, run the football.
Which is why Bengals made a move for the terminator.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
How many games does a player have to play, before he becomes a veteran, Andy has 29 games, plus pre-season snaps, and practices under his belt, and still most of you guys defend him like he started yesterday, its time he grows up, and starts playing like the vet he is, he threw some pretty bad passes yesterday, and I stated before the season started, that A.J. won't pull him out all the time, like he did last year, he needs to get as much blame as the receivers, I realize they dropped some passes, but he also missed some wide open players, and threw some bad passes that you guys blame the receivers for, start watching the games, without the Dalton glasses, and see the game.
mr. andy dalton must get super better before we win anything against the great teams, ravens and steelers. until he does, we do not win.now, here is what he has to improve on. The long pass,he overthrows his man every time.# 2. be more accurate with his passing.he was considered very accurate coming out and he has lost that.make quicker and better decisions on where to do with the ball.continue to look downfield more, he has had guys open in last 4 games and does not see them.#3 when he bales out of the pocket, he must get positive yards. do not take sacks.he seems to be playing scared. thats not good, in fact its very bad.#4.he must be more of a leader and give it to his men when they drop passes or have false starts.#5 he has to be more creative.must mix it up more.in short run a better offense.his cadence is also suspect. seems like teams are figuring out his cadence and jumping quicker than his linemen can block them.i do think he will play better sunday, but will it be enough??right now, i do not think so.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709

Quote:
Dude your evading the question. O.K let's put it this way. Your playing trivia pursuit and the question is:
How many times have the combination of Dalton & Green been on national TV in the past 2 years ?. 1,2,3,4,5,6, ?? and how many times did they grab a win??
i do know this, if jay gruden trys to match the steelers with physical play for play, he will be doing exactly what they want. we cannot match them physically, our offense against their defense.no way, we lose it thats the case. he needs to spread them out and sling the ball. remember, you pass the pig to get your points and you run the pig to win the game. that is what big ben does, the pats do and eli manning and peyton also do. you MUST score about 30 points by throwing the pig, not running it.run it when you must, but first you must pass to get your points, and put them behind.if you don't the steelers will kill us.they are going to attack our secondary, ie,adam jones and company. leon hall.they will use their speedsters, brown and wallace and get a bunch of points on us, keeping their nut fans in the game and just kill us unless we do the same. that is the ONLY WAY WE BEAT THEM.pass the ball to get a good three scores on them and then pound it. that is exactly what they will try to do.bellieve that.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
mr. andy dalton must get super better before we win anything against the great teams, ravens and steelers. until he does, we do not win.now, here is what he has to improve on. The long pass,he overthrows his man every time.# 2. be more accurate with his passing.he was considered very accurate coming out and he has lost that.make quicker and better decisions on where to do with the ball.continue to look downfield more, he has had guys open in last 4 games and does not see them.#3 when he bales out of the pocket, he must get positive yards. do not take sacks.he seems to be playing scared. thats not good, in fact its very bad.#4.he must be more of a leader and give it to his men when they drop passes or have false starts.#5 he has to be more creative.must mix it up more.in short run a better offense.his cadence is also suspect. seems like teams are figuring out his cadence and jumping quicker than his linemen can block them.i do think he will play better sunday, but will it be enough??right now, i do not think so.
Oh joy...... Another dopey hate rant against Andy...
Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Quote:
I know your are but am I. Come on dude that was lame. O.K maybe not every game but even coach Lewis called him out on the interception's at crucial times in games, and yeah your partially right. Now it's your turn. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DALTON & GREEN WON ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. Come on a deals a deal time to pay up..
The Giants game.

The Eagles game. That post was before the Eagles game however.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2285

I would argue that kicking the crap out of the Giants was a big win.

However, can't ignore the fact that we took advantage of a weak schedule last season and didn't beat a single team that made the playoffs (0-7 against teams that made the playoffs, IIRC).

This year we've beaten some decent teams, but we've lost a couple games that we had no business losing. There's no excuse for losing a home game to toe Dolphins, and we gave away a game to the Cowboys. I can SOMEWHAT look the other way on the Browns loss, because it was a division road game and IMO they're better than their record indicates. But still that is a game that we should have won if we are to be considered a legit playoff team.

Special thanks to NashvilleBengalfan for the sig!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
The Giants game.

The Eagles game. That post was before the Eagles game however.
Sorry bro Giant game wasn't on prime time. Yes we beat them but it wasn't with the whole NFL viewing audience. Philly was our first W with national viewers. Just glad we finally took one.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I hope our game doesn't get flexed & we have to play on sunday night against the Steelers....The Seahawks and 49ers play sunday night, & that is a weak game that could be re scheduled.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I hope our game doesn't get flexed & we have to play on sunday night against the Steelers....The Seahawks and 49ers play sunday night, & that is a weak game that could be re scheduled.
Seahawks vs 49ers is actually a bigger game (except to us). That game will likely determine the NFCW winner,, as Cincy/Pitt is for a 6th seed playoff spot.

CBS is headlining Bengals/Steelers next week.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
That game could have the same meaning for the N.F.C. West, as ours does for the A.F.C. North