Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 61
Default NFL Flag Football

the way the NFL is making it a safe game they should go ahead and bubble wrap the players or go to playing flag football..these BS calls on the Def's is getting pretty old.. seems when you got a good Def's they the ref's pick on them with those iffy calls..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19431
Default Re: NFL Flag Football

With the combination of dropped passes, dropped interceptions, big plays given up, abandonment of the run game and an overall lack of motivation caused the Bengals to lose.

Some of the flags didn't help, but it's not like they were all on the Bengals. The Cowboys had plenty of flags thrown against them too.

This game is not the ref's fault. This is the Bengals fault.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294

I dont see how you play D in this league anymore? You cant be a second late on a sack because they call roughing the passer....you cant hit any offensive player up top because I guess when you hit an offensive player hard its an automatic foul. You have to wait for WRs to catch 1st downs on you because if you hit them EVEN AFTER THEIR HANDS TOUCH THE BALL its a defensivless WR penalty.You cant touch Wrs during routes anymore.You somehow are supposed to keep up with guys like Steve Smith and Calvin Johnson with no hands basically.

I dont see how ANY kid nowadays can wanna grow up and play D. EVERY SINGLE new rule made recently has ONLY helped offense.

I remember I used to love watching football becasue I wanted to see my team lay the wood on somebody, but now id ratehr not see us make big hits because its like always a foul.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2666

Roger Goodell has ruined the NFL
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3060

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
With the combination of dropped passes, dropped interceptions, big plays given up, abandonment of the run game and an overall lack of motivation caused the Bengals to lose.
I agree with you that there was dropped passes, dropped interceptions and some big plays given up in that 4th quarter. As well as with the abandonment of the running game.

Quote:
Some of the flags didn't help, but it's not like they were all on the Bengals. The Cowboys had plenty of flags thrown against them too.
Cowboys penalties: 6 for 49 yards
Bengals penalties: 8 for 70 yards

The Cowboys also had plenty on non-calls too. One in particular is when our reciever caught the ball towards the sideline and the Dallas defender went for the tackle. Our reciever stepped out of bounds, on the paint, and was then promptly spun around and planted (almost supplexed) on the ground. He had already stepped out of bounds.

Why was there no flag thrown for a late hit?

Quote:
This game is not the ref's fault. This is the Bengals fault.
I'm going to 100% disagree with you on this one. I believe that the Bengals players gave up fighting the refs. Why do you think their play was so tenative late in the game. They were talking about this on SiriusXM Radio this morning. How defenders have no idea how to play anymore.

Think about how difficult it is to manipulate your body to hit a moving target, especially when you are moving yourself. But now you can only hit your target above the waist and below their neck. If you feel you can't hit that target area you're going to let up and possibly let the runner/reciever get away.

We complain about missed tackles after every game. But think about why those missed tackles are happening. Because the defenses have to adjust their play based on safety, per the rules, and it adversely effects the product.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Roger Goodell has ruined the NFL
real football is a thing of the past..just when the Bengals get rolling the ref's stop them with a foul..the rules are made for the ref's to run the game..getting tired of the ref's making the outcome of the game..ticy tac calls..
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12669

The NFL really is turning these guys into a bunch of pansies. I think that in a couple years there will be no tackling, it will be flag football. This is getting ridiculous!

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN