Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Au165 Au165 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,136
Rep Points: 4002
Default Lattimore to enter draft

This interests me as he is the only back in the draft that I could see being a super star. There may be a few guys who can be good, but he does have super star potential. The injuries obviously do scare me, but the talent is there. If he starts falling into the late second I think you take a chance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 14,814
Rep Points: 40056
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

The team that drafts Lattimore had better be already set at RB for a couple years.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
goalpost goalpost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 3,741
Rep Points: 3092
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

I'd invest a 5th. He has a solid pedigree accumulating yards in the SEC, but his injury situation isn't worth a high pick.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Stewee28's Avatar
Stewee28 Stewee28 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincy Burbs, Ohio
Posts: 687
Rep Points: 991
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

If the Bengals draft Lattimore in the 2nd round, I will rip my 56 inch television off the wall and proceed to throw it out of my window and then take a nose dive from the second floor into my broken television.

His injuries will not allow him to be an everydown back in the future. Great player who is ruined by multiple knee injuries. He has blown out both of his knees. His NFL future might be as a 3rd down back or something else, but I have a hard time believing he will be a super-star!

Its such a sad story too. Everyone has come out and supported him and people cant seem to say enough good things about the kid. I hope he can be a role player for an NFL team, just not the Bengals!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
bengals Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
This interests me as he is the only back in the draft that I could see being a super star. There may be a few guys who can be good, but he does have super star potential. The injuries obviously do scare me, but the talent is there. If he starts falling into the late second I think you take a chance.
If he starts falling into the 2nd heck thats waaay too early to draft him in my opinion. Those injuries just looked devastating and you have to wonder if he can even come back mentally and be productive.I just think he would be in the 5-UDFA range right now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kindergarten!
Posts: 5,296
Rep Points: 8186
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
If the Bengals draft Lattimore in the 2nd round, I will rip my 56 inch television off the wall and proceed to throw it out of my window and then take a nose dive from the second floor into my broken television.

His injuries will not allow him to be an everydown back in the future. Great player who is ruined by multiple knee injuries. He has blown out both of his knees. His NFL future might be as a 3rd down back or something else, but I have a hard time believing he will be a super-star!

Its such a sad story too. Everyone has come out and supported him and people cant seem to say enough good things about the kid. I hope he can be a role player for an NFL team, just not the Bengals!
56 inch flat? Gimmie your address. I'll just wait outside your window.
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,459
Rep Points: 34471
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

I wasn't a huge Lattimore fan before the injury
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Carolinabengalfanguy's Avatar
Carolinabengalfanguy Carolinabengalfanguy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,931
Rep Points: 2489
bengals Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Well I've been the biggest supporter of lattimore mocking him 1st to 2nd round before his injury. At this point I'd love to nab him with our final pick and definitely bring him in as an UDFA. Useless next season, but worth shelving him as a guy for the future we've already discussed the need for potentially multiple backs. BJGE has looked better, but we can grab Lattimore as his replacement a few years down the road. Still who knows if he can come back, but he seems more likely than other guys. Anyways nothing higher than our 6th for a guy that'll need a year off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,480
Rep Points: 9678
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

I wouldn't mind spending a later draft pick on him. He has talent, just his injury is obviously the most troublesome.

He's a good kid, has talent, and I think this is a good choice to go into the draft for him. He may never get this chance again.

He may come back from this injury, play in college, and may look horrible. If he goes into the NFL, at least he lived his dream in becoming a player in the NFL. I would do the same thing if I were him.

With that said, I hope he recovers very well and plays well in this league.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Au165 Au165 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,136
Rep Points: 4002
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Mcgahee blew out his knee just as badly and went in the 1st round. AP just came back in 6 months from a pretty bad knee injury. It can be done and this kid has talent I am positive he will go before the third.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Mcgahee blew out his knee just as badly and went in the 1st round. AP just came back in 6 months from a pretty bad knee injury. It can be done and this kid has talent I am positive he will go before the third.
Unless the time table wont put him in before the season starts. Peterson is a freak, the absolute definition of a freak. He is a one of a kind. No one else is like him. It is unfair to use him as a barometer of when someone can return.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,430
Rep Points: 4929
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Mcgahee blew out his knee just as badly and went in the 1st round. AP just came back in 6 months from a pretty bad knee injury. It can be done and this kid has talent I am positive he will go before the third.
It is certainly doable, but in my mind McGahee getting chicken kneed did not seem as gruesome as Lattimores knee elbow. I don't know the medical differences between the injuries, but Lattimore's seemed more significant.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 12,310
Rep Points: 24136
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

I'd be stoked to have him, on two conditions:

1. We don't take him any higher than the 4th round. Preferably the 5th.

2. We still take a RB before that.
__________________
From 2006-2013, this team has never finished higher than 20th in yards per carry. They've had an average rank of 27th during those 8 seasons.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'd be stoked to have him, on two conditions:

1. We don't take him any higher than the 4th round. Preferably the 5th.

2. We still take a RB before that.
I would agree to those stipulations. Also, if there is no structural damage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,006
Rep Points: 35470
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Unless the time table wont put him in before the season starts. Peterson is a freak, the absolute definition of a freak. He is a one of a kind. No one else is like him. It is unfair to use him as a barometer of when someone can return.
Plus Lattimore's injury is way worse than what Peterson's was, a grenade probably would have done less damage.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Plus Lattimore's injury is way worse than what Peterson's was, a grenade probably would have done less damage.
Let's take a moment to just look at how freakish AD is tho....
I got chills.

For me, being mid-20's, he is one of 3 or 4 guys I will tell my kids about being able to watch when I was growing up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,006
Rep Points: 35470
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Let's take a moment to just look at how freakish AD is tho....
I got chills.

For me, being mid-20's, he is one of 3 or 4 guys I will tell my kids about being able to watch when I was growing up.
Oh I'm not taking anything away from Peterson, he's the best RB in the league hands down and a sure fire HOF'er. Lattimore's injury may be the most devastating I've seen though and I'm 37 and have followed college and NFL very closely since I was at least 12.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Oh I'm not taking anything away from Peterson, he's the best RB in the league hands down and a sure fire HOF'er. Lattimore's injury may be the most devastating I've seen though and I'm 37 and have followed college and NFL very closely since I was at least 12.
Yeah wasn't trying to compare lol.
Just any reason to stare at AD in just amazement is fine by me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,006
Rep Points: 35470
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Yeah wasn't trying to compare lol.
Just any reason to stare at AD in just amazement is fine by me.
Ellis has played decent lately and all, but imagine how good this Bengals offense would be with a caddilac even remotely similar to Peterson in the backfield. Forget about it, immediate SB contenders imo.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Ellis has played decent lately and all, but imagine how good this Bengals offense would be with a caddilac even remotely similar to Peterson in the backfield. Forget about it, immediate SB contenders imo.
He really would.
I honestly think the worst thing for him would be being on a team with a QB like Peyton or Brady. A team that uses 50 passes a game for the QB to be the offense.

It is partially why I think Mark Ingram has been so mediocre.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
NATI BENGALS's Avatar
NATI BENGALS NATI BENGALS is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,663
Rep Points: 4123
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Seems like a desperation move to me. He probably figures one more injury and his football days are over.

He is a huge risk. Back to back injuries and generally the year after isn't very productive. Like some have said I would take him late. But I want two HBs who are going to contribute next year. And I don't think he is going to. Maybe if we have a late comp pick to burn.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Murphy's Avatar
Murphy Murphy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,214
Rep Points: 2797
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Peterson wrecked his knee last season....he came back and put up ok stats.

Maybe Lattimore can too....I'd take him.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,459
Rep Points: 34471
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Peterson wrecked his knee last season....he came back and put up ok stats.

Maybe Lattimore can too....I'd take him.
....and Kenny Irons wrecked his knee and never played football again.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Murphy's Avatar
Murphy Murphy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,214
Rep Points: 2797
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
....and Kenny Irons wrecked his knee and never played football again.
I wouldn't take him in the second....but with a 5 or 6....definitely.

What's the worst case scenario? We have another Moch? another Coffman?

As long as he's not the only back we take, I see very little risk in taking him with a mid/late pick
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,459
Rep Points: 34471
Default Re: Lattimore to enter draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I wouldn't take him in the second....but with a 5 or 6....definitely.

What's the worst case scenario? We have another Moch? another Coffman?

As long as he's not the only back we take, I see very little risk in taking him with a mid/late pick
Sure nothing wrong with throwing a mid-late at him, but the same could be said for:

Michael Dyer

Ray Ray Armstrong

Knile Davis

Christine Michael

ect...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.