Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3073
Default Dallas Fans

Well went to my first Bengals game in CIN after driving 731 miles to get there. Had a blast talking and cheering with other Bengals Fans. Wish they could have hung on, and there is enough threads about that.

What was concerning was the number of DAL fans there. I would say 40% of that stadium was DAL fans. That is embarrassing for the home team. To go along with that the middle section, I think 200 levels of the stadium was mostly empty. If you have tickets and aren't going to go and can't sell them, to a BENGALS FAN, then give them to a BENGALS FAN. The team was on a four game winning streak I don't get it. For being sold out there was a lot of empty seats.

DAL fans were some of the rudest fans I have been around and the stadium was full of them. After the game several were trying to provoke fights. The only fans that were close to this rude that I have been around were Texas Longhorn fans.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 48
bengals Re: Dallas Fans

There is an level of apathy around here that is all due to Mikey Boy. There are also many Bengals fans that simply refuse to give him their $ and so they will never attend a game. I consider myself to be in that category.
As far as Dalls fans: They are like most teams w/ a strong following when they come to cincinnati - they find that the stadium is, as you said, about 40% their fans so they are emboldened. Do you think they would get away w/ acting like that in NY, Oakland, Pittsburgh, or Philly? Hell no! But they come here and find that this is almost like an home game for them so they act as if they are the the home team.
Do you think visiting teams enjoyed this advantage in the 70's or 80's when Paul Brown was running the show? Hell no! But I put the blame for lack of home field advantage squarely on Mikey Boy b/c he has alienated so many Bengals fans to the point that they simply won't go down there anymore.
I love the Bengals, but I cannot and will not give Mikey Boy a dime of my money. Plain and simple.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19118
Default Re: Dallas Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Well went to my first Bengals game in CIN after driving 731 miles to get there. Had a blast talking and cheering with other Bengals Fans. Wish they could have hung on, and there is enough threads about that.

What was concerning was the number of DAL fans there. I would say 40% of that stadium was DAL fans. That is embarrassing for the home team. To go along with that the middle section, I think 200 levels of the stadium was mostly empty. If you have tickets and aren't going to go and can't sell them, to a BENGALS FAN, then give them to a BENGALS FAN. The team was on a four game winning streak I don't get it. For being sold out there was a lot of empty seats.

DAL fans were some of the rudest fans I have been around and the stadium was full of them. After the game several were trying to provoke fights. The only fans that were close to this rude that I have been around were Texas Longhorn fans.
In the gargantuan line to leave, there were no people trying to pick a fight; all were respectful after the game.

There were maybe 30% of them, and nothing more.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
There is an level of apathy around here that is all due to Mikey Boy. There are also many Bengals fans that simply refuse to give him their $ and so they will never attend a game. I consider myself to be in that category.
As far as Dalls fans: They are like most teams w/ a strong following when they come to cincinnati - they find that the stadium is, as you said, about 40% their fans so they are emboldened. Do you think they would get away w/ acting like that in NY, Oakland, Pittsburgh, or Philly? Hell no! But they come here and find that this is almost like an home game for them so they act as if they are the the home team.
Do you think visiting teams enjoyed this advantage in the 70's or 80's when Paul Brown was running the show? Hell no! But I put the blame for lack of home field advantage squarely on Mikey Boy b/c he has alienated so many Bengals fans to the point that they simply won't go down there anymore.
I love the Bengals, but I cannot and will not give Mikey Boy a dime of my money. Plain and simple.
Someone was paying for those empty seats, if someone gave you tickets would you go? That is what I'm saying, hell give them to a local boys and girls club, boy scout troop, high school, something, don't just sit on them because your ****** at Mike. Those were some nice seats and they sat empty. It's not the players fault people don't like Mike go to cheer on the players, It was sad how the DAL fans took over that stadium.

I will say that the fans that were there did there best to rock it and saw a lot of great tailgating going on.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26220

Most Cowboy fans I know are good at leaving the smack talk between 15:00 of the first and 00:00 of the 4th.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19118

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Most Cowboy fans I know are good at leaving the smack talk between 15:00 of the first and 00:00 of the 4th.
*ding* *ding*

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
*ding* *ding*
my dad's side of the family is rife with Cowboy fans.
They get on me for being a Bengal fan. Cowboys are sort of like a secondary team for me.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
In the gargantuan line to leave, there were no people trying to pick a fight; all were respectful after the game.

There were maybe 30% of them, and nothing more.
Oh 30% that seems much better.

If your a season ticket holder I would imagine that there were less fans over there.
A guy was in the bathroom with his DAL group after the game saying how they own this town, they were going to F all women etc. getting in peoples faces. On the walk to the ferry DAL chants, bed bugs remarks, Bungals, etc.
Glad you had a better experience, my blood was boiling. It was classless and was typical Texas.

I wanted to ask the one guy how may TD's he threw in the game, but my wife was telling me to just ignore it.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Were you there yesterday? Cause the whole way out and standing in line at the ferry at 17:30 and it was still going on. The scene in the bathroom after I thought was going to get ugly because someone finally said something to the guy and his response was " well I'm bigger then you *****" I got out of there.

My brother in Law is a DAL fan and he is one of the nicest people you will meet. I'm just saying what "I" saw yesterday as a whole.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Were you there yesterday? Cause the whole way out and standing in line at the ferry at 17:30 and it was still going on. The scene in the bathroom after I thought was going to get ugly because someone finally said something to the guy and his response was " well I'm bigger then you *****" I got out of there.

My brother in Law is a DAL fan and he is one of the nicest people you will meet. I'm just saying what "I" saw yesterday as a whole.
Drunk football fans. Happens everywhere with every team.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1072

Quote:
Someone was paying for those empty seats, if someone gave you tickets would you go? That is what I'm saying, hell give them to a local boys and girls club, boy scout troop, high school, something, don't just sit on them because your ****** at Mike. Those were some nice seats and they sat empty. It's not the players fault people don't like Mike go to cheer on the players, It was sad how the DAL fans took over that stadium.

I will say that the fans that were there did there best to rock it and saw a lot of great tailgating going on.
Those tickets are not going to waste.
As far as your point about the players not being at fault. That is true and people considered that for an additional ten years.
I know you live quite far but it might help to reread D'nuts and Bolts post.

You may not understand it.
But most people have figured Mike out.

He doesn't care about the fans,the team or the people of Cincinnati. He cares about himself and money.

If your school was closing down or laying off teachers or your area was less protected by fire and police because the county is broke, I think you might get the feeling how people feel around here about an owner who does nothing but take from this community.
This County is broke partly because they gave Mike Brown the deal of a century on the stadium.

And Mike refuses to work with the county to correct any of these issues.

That you probably didn't see while you were visiting our city.
Mike contiues to take take take and give nothing in return. He has no idea how to run an NFL organization and the product on the field represents that.

Thats why much like nuts and bolts--MIKE WILL NEVER SEE A PENNY FROM OUR HOUSEHOLD.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Drunk football fans. Happens everywhere with every team.
Well in KC that stuff gets shut down but due to the large amount of DAL fans there I think most people were afraid to say anything. It just caught me by suprise is all and makes you lose a little hope in humanity.

I'm a lot of the DAL fans were also, Yankee/Red Sock, Lakers/Celtics/Heat, and couldn't name players outside of Romo, Witten, Bryant.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well in KC that stuff gets shut down but due to the large amount of DAL fans there I think most people were afraid to say anything. It just caught me by suprise is all and makes you lose a little hope in humanity.

I'm a lot of the DAL fans were also, Yankee/Red Sock, Lakers/Celtics/Heat, and couldn't name players outside of Romo, Witten, Bryant.
Big market team.
Same with a lot of Pitt/NE fans.

Just happens.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
As far as your point about the players not being at fault. That is true and people considered that for an additional ten years.

He doesn't care about the fans,the team or the people of Cincinnati. He cares about himself and money.

If your school was closing down or laying off teachers or your area was less protected by fire and police because the county is broke, I think you might get the feeling how people feel around here about an owner who does nothing but take from this community.
This County is broke partly because they gave Mike Brown the deal of a century on the stadium.

Mike contiues to take take take and give nothing in return. He has no idea how to run an NFL organization and the product on the field represents that.

Thats why much like nuts and bolts--MIKE WILL NEVER SEE A PENNY FROM OUR HOUSEHOLD.
I understand where your coming from sort of but can't because I don't live there. How are those tickets not being wasted, am I missing something? If you paid for them how are you sticking it to Mike, I guess because there empty? I am just trying to become educated on it not be a jerk or anything. The team is young with talent and was on a four game winning streak and playoff hunt,just thought it would be full.

Been a fan for 23 years and finally filled a lifelong dream of going to a game. I don't live there and don't pay taxes there so I don't understand as well as a local. I do appreciate all of the friendly people we encountered and had a great time.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1810

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post

I feel your guys down there in Cincy’s pain. I really do. I think MB is being a jerk to the residents of Hamilton County and should do more for the county that supports them. I think the county got jibted on the stadium deal.
That being said, I do not think you guys realize how lucky you are in Cincy to have your sports teams. There in no way your downtown would have lasted if it was not for them. They draw other business there. As someone who lives in Ohio, I look around and see all these other cities and their downtowns dying to nothing but a shell of boarded up buildings. There are no restaurants, hotels, shops, clubs, corporations or anything. I know that the economy has ****** here in Ohio long before this national recession but Cleveland and Cincy has been the place my family and friends have actually moved to find work. Your sports teams create an economy of themselves. Besides going to Reds and Bengal games, a couple of times a year we go down there for a weekend so they can experience the downtown vibe because it does not exist anywhere else except Cleveland – but even there it is not the same as Cincy (Columbus is mainly all business). If the Bengals were to ever move – trust me you would be as screwed as the rest of us.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Big market team.

Just happens.

I have been going to Bengals games for many , many years, yesterday was by far the worst crowd I have ever seen, even the ushers were trying to quiet them down in our area, and leaving the game by the pro shop, overhead they were spitting on Bengal fans, there was no reason for them to be that rude, you could hear a pin drop when the Bengals were ahead, but as soon as they scored the t.d., you would have thought a new crowd came in, a couple of their own fans got up and left, shaking their heads, I would rather sit with Pitt Faans any day, just have to put up with the towels.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Big market team.

Just happens.
Were you there yesterday? Cause that is the thread is about, my observation yesterday, at the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
I have been going to Bengals games for many , many years, yesterday was by far the worst crowd I have ever seen, even the ushers were trying to quiet them down in our area, and leaving the game by the pro shop, overhead they were spitting on Bengal fans, there was no reason for them to be that rude, you could hear a pin drop when the Bengals were ahead, but as soon as they scored the t.d., you would have thought a new crowd came in, a couple of their own fans got up and left, shaking their heads, I would rather sit with Pitt Faans any day, just have to put up with the towels.
Thank You, I was hoping someone else saw it. Didn't want people to think I was a making it up.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who-Dey Girl View Post
I feel your guys down there in Cincy’s pain. I really do. I think MB is being a jerk to the residents of Hamilton County and should do more for the county that supports them. I think the county got jibted on the stadium deal.
That being said, I do not think you guys realize how lucky you are in Cincy to have your sports teams. There in no way your downtown would have lasted if it was not for them. They draw other business there. As someone who lives in Ohio, I look around and see all these other cities and their downtowns dying to nothing but a shell of boarded up buildings. There are no restaurants, hotels, shops, clubs, corporations or anything. I know that the economy has ****** here in Ohio long before this national recession but Cleveland and Cincy has been the place my family and friends have actually moved to find work. Your sports teams create an economy of themselves. Besides going to Reds and Bengal games, a couple of times a year we go down there for a weekend so they can experience the downtown vibe because it does not exist anywhere else except Cleveland – but even there it is not the same as Cincy (Columbus is mainly all business). If the Bengals were to ever move – trust me you would be as screwed as the rest of us.
Great post, never thought about like that. KSU brings in a lot of money to out local area and is one of the reasons our tax rate is over 9%.

I will also say that the stadium was far nicer then Cheifs stadium and we loved the downtown around it.

But back to the point DAL fans = classless yesterday.

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 12-10-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11244

Quote:
Were you there yesterday? Cause that is the thread is about, my observation yesterday, at the game.

Thank You, I was hoping someone else saw it. Didn't want people to think I was a making it up.
I had a life long season ticket holder I'm friends with at work tell me the same.
He said people were hurling a lot more F bombs and insults than normal.

Oh well. I don't expect too much respect from them the way our team played yesterday.

Cowboys all but laid it out for our team to take. The Bengals did everything in their power to hand it right back.

Just a sad sad outing for our Bengals.

Last edited by BengalsRocker; 12-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 746

Quote:

The area you are referring to sounds like it may be the club area. I have been given tickets to a couple of games that were in the club section and for some reason people in that section will watch the game inside rather than sit in there seats especially if the weather isn't perfect. I find it pretty ridiculous myself, if you pay for those expensive tickets than it is your right to use them how you like but if your gonna sit inside and watch the game on a T.V. than why not stay at home?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 65

Quote:

It's been awful since '09 when this ****** with Chad and T.O. on the team and everyone got rid of their season tickets. Before that we were sold out every game from '05-'09 and the games were about 80-90% bengal fans. I suspect that if this team makes the playoffs season ticket sales will go up and you will see more Bengal fans in the stands.
As far as the 200 level seats, those are the club level seats. Only the true fans come out of the club area to watch the game outside with the fans, while most of the wifes/children are inside watching the game on a huge TV on the wall and eating free food. In my opinion the club section was poorly thought up and they should have a window from the club area to see the field.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJ View Post
The area you are referring to sounds like it may be the club area. I have been given tickets to a couple of games that were in the club section and for some reason people in that section will watch the game inside rather than sit in there seats especially if the weather isn't perfect. I find it pretty ridiculous myself, if you pay for those expensive tickets than it is your right to use them how you like but if your gonna sit inside and watch the game on a T.V. than why not stay at home?
Ok that explains it, just saw a lot of quality empty seats. Is that were the players family sit also? I did see a Adam Jones family sign that was cool.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 43961

I don't see the point of ripping Dallas Fan. They paid good money and travelled well to support their team.

Maybe after the Bengals win 4-5 Superbowls then another franchise can say "Those Bengal fans invaded our stadium today".
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 777

Mike Brown does not deserve my money. 21 years should speak for itself, but I guess it will take another 20 for most of you to understand.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I don't see the point of ripping Dallas Fan. They paid good money and travelled well to support their team.

Maybe after the Bengals win 4-5 Superbowls then another franchise can say "Those Bengal fans invaded our stadium today".
It's not how many that was there, it's how they acted, and it wasn't just two or three it was many, many of them, and I doubt that they traveled very far, just local idiots showing their azz.