Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: 2 Elements Stick Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Agreed, but the Bengals beat themselves. They weren't outplayed. Being outplayed is totally understandable since sometimes the other team is just better. This wasn't the case yesterday though.
It was a sad loss, but it's not time to jump ship yet. We got blessed with the Stoolers and Rat turds losing too. There's still a lot of football to be played.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Yes. I demand a video in preperation for the Phily game.
Lol

I actually sold me wwe game.
Maybe I'll pick the new one up.
Or maybe...
I'll come up with somethig new.
Idk XD
Wel see
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41469

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciREborn View Post
So in the wake of the loss to Dallas two things jump out to me. These two things are two individuals. 1) is Reggie Nelson and 2) Adriel Jeremiah Green

1) Reggie Nelson

If he can keep playing like that I think Saftie will be moving down on my draft board and iv had it up at the top almost all season.
Reggie's play has never really factored into our need for a Safety in the draft.

AS to AJ: I'm sure nobody feels worse than he does.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
It was a sad loss, but it's not time to jump ship yet. We got blessed with the Stoolers and Rat turds losing too. There's still a lot of football to be played.
I'm not totally without hope, especially since I know how good the Bengals can play, but yesterday was a great opportunity to overtake the Steelers in the wildcard race. Winning the game we should have won yesterday could have gone a long way to solidify our chances for a playoff berth.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I'm not totally without hope, especially since I know how good the Bengals can play, but yesterday was a great opportunity to overtake the Steelers in the wildcard race. Winning the game we should have won yesterday could have gone a long way to solidify our chances for a playoff berth.

Coulda shoulda wouldas on Mondays blow.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
do you really see us beating a desperate steelers team who are almost completely healthy and a somewhat desperate ravens team who will get ray lewis back by week 17? just asking

Last edited by heyyaoutkast; 12-10-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 863

Quote:
The elements that stuck out to me were dropped passes, dropped interceptions, and lack of stops on 3rd downs, especially in the 4th quarter.

Just a bunch of missed opportunities all around. There were 3 FGs by Josh Brown(who was great btw. Maybe we should keep him over Nugent) that should have been TDs. This game should have been a blowout.

Once again, this team fails to capitalize on an opponent with a totally decimated defense. Green-Ellis was on fire coming into this game, and Dallas was missing their best interior lineman, but they went away from the run? Makes no logical sense.

I put this loss on the coaches just as much as the players. They simply didn't gameplan correctly.
^^^ THIS ^^^ I spent Sunday cussing out Marvin, Jay and my TV while the Bengals inexplicably chucked the ball over and over. BJGE has been on fire and our line has been playing out of the this world. Leave it to the Bengals who have leaned on the run when the run wasn't there for years to then abandon it just when it was starting to work. And what the heck was Cook doing in the lineup? Robinson has been playing well, and Cook has been injured all year again, KEEP HIM ON THE BENCH>
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
do you really so us beating a desperate steelers team who are almost completely healthy and a somewhat desperate ravens team who will get ray lewis back by week 17? just asking
We can beat the Steelers if we play 4quarter football, yes. Ben isn't 100%. Ike Taylor is out for the year, and this time we're at home. The Chargers beat the Steelers yesterday in pretty convincing fashion, and we just beat THEM last week.

The Ravens will be a little harder to beat, and right now I don't see Ray Lewis as much more than a motivational speaker. They're missing their starting corner. The defense as a whole is what, 25th? We have the best pass rush in the NFL and one of the better run defenses. This will be a though game, no doubt, but it is totally winnable.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
We can beat the Steelers if we play 4quarter football, yes. Ben isn't 100%. Ike Taylor is out for the year, and this time we're at home. The Chargers beat the Steelers yesterday in pretty convincing fashion, and we just beat THEM last week.

The Ravens will be a little harder to beat, and right now I don't see Ray Lewis as much more than a motivational speaker. They're missing their starting corner. The defense as a whole is what, 25th? We have the best pass rush in the NFL and one of the better run defenses. This will be a though game, no doubt, but it is totally winnable.
hope your right because if we loose that week 17 gm tht could maybe get us in the playoffs. expect total suicide among some on this board lol
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:

That x2
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

We're playing Pitt @ Pitt.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 40

man this one hurt. my buddy is a dallas fan and we were watching together and i was hyping AJ. he kept saying he'd take dez all day any day and i laughed at him. AJ didn't help me out on that one. i'd still take him over the headache that is dez though.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
yup were screwed lol just kidding. they need to blitz mays 1 time on ben and he will be done lol
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 40

Quote:
in the recent past don't we usually win at pit and lose at home against the steelers?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawesome View Post
in the recent past don't we usually win at pit and lose at home against the steelers?
This is correct
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

I'm anxious to see how many trick plays Pitt throws at us. They HAD us that one they ran at PBS earlier in the year, but the doofus dropped an easy TD.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That's right. My bad. Thought we were at home.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

we win 4 straight and we can beat anyone we lose a tough one to a desperate team by one point and now we cant beat anyone lol...its obvious that some of you have zero faith in our bengals aj had a bad game ill agree but this loss cant be put all on him...its never just one play that decides a game...if one of the 4 would be interceptions were caught im thinking it would be a different game...but they werent...thats ajs fault too i guess...

and to everyone asking do i think we can beat a desperate pitt team in pitt?...i say why not? we are going to be just as desperate and we dang near beat them in cincy...their oline stinks our dline is best in the business and always gives us a chance to win...and if BJGE keeps running like he has it puts so much pressure on the D

i know we are all upset about yesterdays loss but look at the bright side of things the chargers whipped the steelers and the ravens lost...we are still in this race guys...lots of football to be played

whodey
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
Ease up on AJ Green, there, partner. Yeah, he had a rough game, but where would we be without him? He's one of the best players in the league, has a great team attitude and has been a breath of fresh air around here.

OK, he had a bad game. Just let it go at that, and let's go beat the Eagles. Even great players are not perfect players.
I too am disappointed that he muffed an easy catch. I have seen it happen to other "big names" receivers too, but their drops don't have the emotional attachment that AJ's do.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5969

Another element that sticks out:

Josh Brown.

It sounds like he could be kicking on Thursday as well.