Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30168
Default Re: Reading the article about Cook on the front page made me sick to my stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
No one can tell me that we don't have the talent to be 10-3 right now.
At worst. This 2012 Bengals roster is solid at every position. If the Cincinnati Bengals were a symphony orchestra the coaches would make them play something easy like Chopsticks or Mary Had a Little Lamb. The talent on this team is not being used to its potential.

Allow yourselves to dream a little: What could Brian Billick, Andy Reid, or any other good coach who comes to mind do with this team?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26220
Default Re: Reading the article about Cook on the front page made me sick to my stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
At worst. This 2012 Bengals roster is solid at every position. If the Cincinnati Bengals were a symphony orchestra the coaches would make them play something easy like Chopsticks or Mary Had a Little Lamb. The talent on this team is not being used to its potential.

Allow yourselves to dream a little: What could Brian Billick, Andy Reid, or any other good coach who comes to mind do with this team?
Andy Reid....do not want.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Andy Reid....do not want.
Me either but you know what I'm saying? Competent coaches could turn the Bengals into the class of the NFL.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Me either but you know what I'm saying? Competent coaches could turn the Bengals into the class of the NFL.
I think Reid has lost any chance at that in the future with how he has let Philly fall.

If we DO go looking for a new HC, Im not even sure who I would want anymore.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34552

Kyle Cook- $2.5 million

Trevor Robinson- $390 k

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

Cook hasn't even played with the guards next to him.....terrible move!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Kyle Cook- $2.5 million

Trevor Robinson- $390 k
...and that shouldn't matter. Trevor Robinson was playing his butt off for the Bengals and his play along with the rest of the offensive line was a major reason for those four wins in a row. I felt so sorry for Trevor when I saw Kyle Cook enter the game for the first time in months and I knew it was a bad decision. I was even yelling at the TV for Marvin Lewis to get Cook off the field!

Now I like Kyle Cook and he was terrific in 2011 but this is 2012 and he is not part of the current offensive line chemistry. The coaches took something that wasn't broken -- and broke it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Kyle Cook- $2.5 million

Trevor Robinson- $390 k
Andy Dalton - $1.185 million

Bruce Gradkowski - $2 million
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Andy Dalton - $1.185 million

Bruce Gradkowski - $2 million
Lol. I knew that post would bring you out. I'm not saying it's some kind of Bengals law. They use common sense, but it certainly seems like it influences their decisions in some instances. Like this one. Robinson > Cook, all day.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
I can't believe they were doing a center by committee yesterday.

Robinson has been playing very well and the offense has been taking off (for the most part). How on earth did they think it was a good idea to keep rotating the freaking center yesterday???? Who does that!!???

Can't wait to see Cook again on Thursday. Great.
Center by committee did not cost us the game yesterday. Dropped balls by the WR's and defense, as well as the D putting it in the tank in the 4th quarter cost us the game yesterday.

I give Robinson a lot of credit, and he's played very well in Cook's absence. IMO, Robinson could be our C of the future, maybe as early as next year. However, I'll tell you for free what Marvin and Gruden are thinking. They're thinking that they have a must win game in two weeks with the Pittsburgh Steelers and that complex zone blitz defensive scheme, and they feel better with the veteran Cook making the line calls in that situation rather than a rookie in Robinsion.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Newman - 825,000
Pacman - 950,000
Clements - 5.5 million
Crocker - 825,000

Hmmmmmmm.......how is it possible that Newman plays more CB than Pacman, and Pacman plays more CB than Clements and Crocker has been taking playing time away from Clements at SS?

HE MAKES SO MUCH MORE.....

Hawkins - 465,000
Sanu - 457,688
M. Jones - 430,700
Tate - 573,120

How is it possible Hawkins, Sanu and Jones have all been playing over Tate? He makes more!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol. I knew that post would bring you out. I'm not saying it's some kind of Bengals law. They use common sense, but it certainly seems like it influences their decisions in some instances. Like this one. Robinson > Cook, all day.
It doesn't play any factor in their decision.
And if you knew, why did you post yours? It doesn't mean ****.

You assume it does. Doesn't make it true. Once Dunlap stopped being soft and played the run, he got some starts. But it couldn't have been that, oh god no, it had to be the evil Mike Brown saying Geathers makes more and should start!

It is a ******** excuse.
You know why guys who get paid more usually start? BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Center by committee did not cost us the game yesterday. Dropped balls by the WR's and defense, as well as the D putting it in the tank in the 4th quarter cost us the game yesterday.

I give Robinson a lot of credit, and he's played very well in Cook's absence. IMO, Robinson could be our C of the future, maybe as early as next year. However, I'll tell you for free what Marvin and Gruden are thinking. They're thinking that they have a must win game in two weeks with the Pittsburgh Steelers and that complex zone blitz defensive scheme, and they feel better with the veteran Cook making the line calls in that situation rather than a rookie in Robinsion.
Stop using common sense here! Cook has to be at fault or else we might have to blame AJ for absolutely choking!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Newman - 825,000
Pacman - 950,000
Clements - 5.5 million
Crocker - 825,000

Hmmmmmmm.......how is it possible that Newman plays more CB than Pacman, and Pacman plays more CB than Clements and Crocker has been taking playing time away from Clements at SS?

HE MAKES SO MUCH MORE.....

Hawkins - 465,000
Sanu - 457,688
M. Jones - 430,700
Tate - 573,120

How is it possible Hawkins, Sanu and Jones have all been playing over Tate? He makes more!
Neither of those are good examples. The secondary has been in a state of flux all year because of injuries and the fact that Mays is incompetant at SS. Clements is getting plenty of PT regardless.

As for the receivers, it's not like Tate is making THAT much more than the other guys. If Tate was making 2 million, you might have a point.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Stop using common sense here! Cook has to be at fault or else we might have to blame AJ for absolutely choking!
AJ Green did choke. So did Terence Newman. Andy Dalton and Tony Romo threw the football right into those guys' hands.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Neither of those are good examples. The secondary has been in a state of flux all year because of injuries and the fact that Mays is incompetant at SS. Clements is getting plenty of PT regardless.

As for the receivers, it's not like Tate is making THAT much more than the other guys. If Tate was making 2 million, you might have a point.
So it only counts if it helps your story? Especially since it is the only conceivable case you could make for that in probably the last 3 or so years.

In a state of flux? Newman has been starting since Nate moved to SS week 3. Then we had Pacman who only played when Newman got hurt (outside of 3 CB formations). Clements PT has decreased across the season. Sorry but guys being paid less are playing over Nate. Commence outrage.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
AJ Green did choke. So did Terence Newman. Andy Dalton and Tony Romo threw the football right into those guys' hands.
Agreed. Playing Cook had a minimalist outcome on the game if any.
It is being blown way out of proportion.
Just like Sims being credited on why we won the last 4.

It isn't like Cook is new to the team. He knows the offense, he knows Zeitler, he knows Boling, he knows Whit, he knows Andre, he knows Andy.
Saying he messed with chemistry is lame.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17942

Quote:
Kyle Cook- $2.5 million

Trevor Robinson- $390 k
No more calls please, we have a winner
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Actually I do know who I would take: Ken Whisenhunt
Dude will get the boot from AZ. I would snatch him up in a heart beat.
and then promptly make a move for Larry Fitz. Keep Jay around as OC.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

They are ADEQUATE examples. I implore amyone to look past the roster bonus and cap implications of the players outlined.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It doesn't play any factor in their decision.
And if you knew, why did you post yours? It doesn't mean ****.

You assume it does. Doesn't make it true. Once Dunlap stopped being soft and played the run, he got some starts. But it couldn't have been that, oh god no, it had to be the evil Mike Brown saying Geathers makes more and should start!

It is a ******** excuse.
You know why guys who get paid more usually start? BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER
Not specifically to your post but seems the offensive salary numbers mean more.

I think Zimmer ignores the Mike Brown Salary rule.

And the Mikey bad mouths Zimmer and he can't get a HC job
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Not specifically to your post but seems the offensive salary numbers mean more.

I think Zimmer ignores the Mike Brown Salary rule.

And the Mikey bad mouths Zimmer and he can't get a HC job
More speculative awesomeness? Sweet. Can we get Brian P at while we are at it?

Gradkowski makes more than Andy.
Tate makes more than Jones and Hawkins.
Any others?

Zimmer doesn't get those jobs because he isn't a yes man. He just isn't looking like HC material.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1025

This is straight and utter ********. This is why I hope they fire Marvin Lewis. He is inept and incompetent at making the right decision for the team. He should have been fired years ago. Who in the hell screws with what is working? If it aint broke, dont fix it! Everything was just fine.

Even if this Bengals team falls flat on their face and loses the remaining 3 games, Marvin isnt going to be **** canned. Not when he has another year remaining on his contrct. We all know Mikey Boy way to well to know he wont fire his ***, especially after 10 years of the same ****!

I pray the Bengals hire someone after his contract is up. I want a coach who shows his emotion and gets in faces; who doesnt settle for average. Who motivates his players to play with everything they got and not crumble in the big moments. A leader who stands up for his players. Someone who is accustomed to winning and not .500 record. Someone who makes the right choices and plays talent over who is getting paid the most money. SOMEONE WHO WILL KICK MIKE BROWN IN THE BALLS AND TELL HIM TO STFU AND GET OUT OF THE LOCKEROOM.

You know who that coach is??

No one, because we all know Mikey will hire someone who we have never heard of who has never coached before. I have no faith in the front office of this organization. I have accepted the bengals for who they are.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3613

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Gotta agree, the bringing Cook on move was silly.You gotta think that was more Alexander's call than Marvin's; however, I sure Marvin OK'd it.
I got to think Alexander had a say here, also, how this went. Funny how we played 'next man up' at number 2 WR all year and yet we handled center differently. We would not have been rotating receivers if one had been playing well, yet at center we did it differently. To me it means an assistant coach had a say in it.

Last edited by goalpost; 12-11-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
More speculative awesomeness? Sweet. Can we get Brian P at while we are at it?

Gradkowski makes more than Andy.
Tate makes more than Jones and Hawkins.
Any others?

Zimmer doesn't get those jobs because he isn't a yes man. He just isn't looking like HC material.
Speculation is the backbone of the internet.