Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575
Default Chill the F out guys

I have not been able to watch but 2 games this season. Pit and Baltimore but one thing i do see is the constant complaining of our fans on here. i used to be one of them "Debbie Downers" but i have seen the proverbial light.

But other fans are still the same

We lose one game: OH MY GAWD, WE **** SO BAD, IM TIRED OF INVESTING MY TIME INTO A LOSING TEAM AND OWNER, SEE YOU LOSERS AND GOODBYE SUCKERS.

We win one game: OH MY GAWD, SO AND SO PLAYER PLAYED SO BAD, HE NEEDS TO BE CUT, WE NEED THIS AND THIS TO HAPPEN.

we as fans and board members just need to chill the hell out. We will more than likely never have an undefeated season, so you and i need to get that farfetched expectation out of our minds. our players are human beings so they will have bad games on occasion. our players will not play like probowlers 100 percent of the time so you dont have to be negative and point out every single thing that everyone who watches the games already knows.

we as fans need to realize that this is still a young team and need to quit or atleast tone down the complaining we give on our young players such as Andy, AJ and other young players. instead of complaining about them every chance you get and making them potentially feel unwelcome and want to leave, give them support, cheer them on,make them feel proud and welcome as a player of the cincinnati bengals.

if you want the team to evolve and mature, we need to do the same and not throw garbage on to our players lawns and be respectful to our players and fellow boardmembers.

Lets positively support our team from here on out. WHO DEY

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1380
Default Re: Chill the F out guys

for us long time fans , we get tired of losing ganes we should win . we had that game in the bag and blew it . we still dont know how to put a team away . and with Marvin as our coach , i dont think we ever will know how .
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2532

I approve this message.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

just as a question, not meant to a ****, but what constitutes being a long time fan? I have been a fan for 8 years.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
just as a question, not meant to a ****, but what constitutes being a long time fan? I have been a fan for 8 years.
The number of days it takes for someone to think they are better than you. However many more years of a fan than you are to make your thread seem insignificant to everyone else. At least thats what I heard.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32631

Quote:
The joining date of the forum is your date as a Bengals fan.

just kidding

Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

Quote:
Growing up in the early 90s...been a fan since 1992. A long time fan someone who has seen the **** of the bengals.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 262

Maybe if you watched more than 2 games this year you would understand a little better......
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

ive watched 8 years of bengals football so im familiar with what goes on on the and on here lol. it just suprises me that no matter what the organization does, no matter how many games we win, it just doesnt please some fans regardless of if youre a "Long term" or new fan or not. no matter what, they cant please everyone.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21501

Quote:
The whole amount of time that you've been a fan, the Bengals have floated around .500. Some people around here got to experience the entirety of the 90's. It beat them up and made them forever pessimists.

I can see both sides. I am optimistic about the team....because they're young and good. The future is pretty damned bright for them. It's a cautious optimism though, because I know that every time I've gotten my hopes up about Cincinnati sports,...I get let down.

Hopefully this team changes that.

Really though, your fanhood should not be based on time served, but dedication.

Join the Bengals Message Board Survivor League. You know you want to....
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=125239
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5793

Quote:
I would argue to be considered a "long-time" fan you, at the very least, need to have been around for the glory days, namely, the Super Bowl years. That way you can say you've seen the team at its heights and also seen it bottom-out the next decade. Some might argue you need to go back to the 70s, or the team's birth in '68.

I see the long-time fans at every home game: silver-haired men and women in their 70s and maybe even 80s, creeping though the stadium, still coming to the games decades later to root for their team. That's why I would hesitate to call an 8 year fan "long time." It's a label to be earned, but, at least you're 8 years closer to it

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
I have not been able to watch but 2 games this season. Pit and Baltimore but one thing i do see is the constant complaining of our fans on here. i used to be one of them "Debbie Downers" but i have seen the proverbial light.

We lose one game: OH MY GAWD, WE **** SO BAD, IM TIRED OF INVESTING MY TIME INTO A LOSING TEAM AND OWNER, SEE YOU LOSERS AND GOODBYE SUCKERS.

We win one game: OH MY GAWD, SO AND SO PLAYER PLAYED SO BAD, HE NEEDS TO BE CUT, WE NEED THIS AND THIS TO HAPPEN.

we as fans and board members just need to chill the hell out. We will more than likely never have an undefeated season, so you and i need to get that farfetched expectation out of our minds. our players are human beings so they will have bad games on occasion. our players will not play like probowlers 100 percent of the time so you dont have to be negative and point out every single thing that everyone who watches the games already knows.

we as fans need to realize that this is still a young team and need to quit or atleast tone down the complaining we give on our young players such as Andy, AJ and other young players. instead of complaining about them every chance you get and making them potentially feel unwelcome and want to leave, give them support, cheer them on,make them feel proud and welcome as a player of the cincinnati bengals.

if you want the team to evolve and mature, we need to do the same and not throw garbage on to our players lawns and be respectful to our players and fellow boardmembers.

How bout this MR Positive,,,I will be happy and positive when i see this organization field a respectable team that competes year in and out. OMG we are so terrible cause we are tired of not having won a playoff game in 20 years we are arseholes!!!!! OMG we are horrible fans cause we see the same garbage from this team every single year and we actually call it out and complain about it,,,,oh we must be bandwagon fans. We will "chill the hell out" when this team actual earns some respect.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
ive watched 8 years of bengals football so im familiar with what goes on on the and on here lol. it just suprises me that no matter what the organization does, no matter how many games we win, it just doesnt please some fans regardless of if youre a "Long term" or new fan or not. no matter what, they cant please everyone.

What are you a bengal employee???

"no matter how many games we win, it just doesnt please some fans"

LMAO,,,,HELL NO IT DONT,,NOT WHEN THEY CANT WIN A FREAKING PLAYOFF GAME,,,,not too mention but have a losing or .500 season every other year,,,SO NO,,,we ARE NOT PLEASED.

GTFO with this s##t,,,,sick n tired of you people bashing those of us who have been around for decades and vent our frustration with the incompetence on our favorite team and you attempt to dog us for it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Quote:
That's the problem. We don't win enough games on a consistent basis and too many times we beat ourselves. The one constant, other than Mike Brown, that we've had in the last several years when we've been so close, has been Marvin Lewis. This team just can't get over the hump, no matter how hard they try. It's kind of pathetic, really. Marvin is 0-3 in playoff games and has been coach for 10 years. Common sense says it's time for Marvin to go, but we all know Mike Brown doesn't have any common sense when it comes to football. He's simply a businessman.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
What are you a bengal employee???

"no matter how many games we win, it just doesnt please some fans"

LMAO,,,,HELL NO IT DONT,,NOT WHEN THEY CANT WIN A FREAKING PLAYOFF GAME,,,,not too mention but have a losing or .500 season every other year,,,SO NO,,,we ARE NOT PLEASED.

GTFO with this s##t,,,,sick n tired of you people bashing those of us who have been around for decades and vent our frustration with the incompetence on our favorite team and you attempt to dog us for it.
see , its people like you who like to complain, but flame other people who like to complain the same way as you. BTW , i am not a bengals employee......... or am I?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7761

Quote:
Not sure but this is the 11th year of my sentence. How long until I'm eligible for early release?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8348

I've been a fan since there's been a team. Still, I keep hoping for that magical year that is yet to get here. I seen a young team make critical mistakes under pressure Sunday, hopefully they will learn from it. It helps that only Cleveland in our division managed to get a win, or does it? Anyway, Who-Dey to everyone, no sense crying over years of spilled milk.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15293

Our Super Bowl is coming very soon. It may not be this year, but very very soon. Write it downm this is a team on the rise with loads of talent, lots of cap money and great draft choices next year.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 863

Now, we know why Carson got out of Cincinnati. Fans are brutal and demand a winning team. It is like being in the desert and wanting a drink of water. I for one have gone insane over this team and can't rationally support them financially anymore.

You said bare your sole. Wait, you didn't mean the shoe? Well, when you hear I'm a Browns fan you'll understand.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736

Quote:

I dont see a lot of that. I think every one is onboard with this team being better than those of the past, we shot ourselves in the foot all day Sunday and thats what the majority of people are voicing their opinions about.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Go around the city. Most of the legit real longterm fans just shut up and watch at this point. Sure they've been used and abused by this team but they love them, and they are excited to see a game come Thursday night where their team could substantially move themselves into the playoffs. A lot of us could take a lesson from them.