Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29363
Default Re: Bengals at Philly Thursday Night Predictions

National television.

Weak opponent with coach on the hot seat.

Away game.

Only four days to prepare.

Philadelphia 23
Cincinnati 21
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Bryce Brown is garbage and might not gain a yard, which means they'll turn to the pass and Zimmer knows that, so our pass rush will tee-off and Zimmer will send the house, which means Foles will be getting rid of the ball quickly all day.

We need to establish the run, bring the safeties into the box, and then beat them deep with our receivers and get Gresham and Charles involved.
Brown is a legit threat that will destroy this team if they are not prepared. He's far from garbage unfortunately.

87 attempts

494 yards

5.67 YPC

4 TD's

All in 3 games.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

If we play conservative and try to hold onto a lead then we may as well call it a loss right now.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21231

If we dont make a lot of mistakes, coaching & player-wise like this last game, then we should win. A repeat of Sunday's mishaps though, we will lose. So really depends which Bengals team shows up.

But the homer in me will pick Bengals to win 21-20

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
National television.

Weak opponent with coach on the hot seat.

Away game.

Only four days to prepare.

Philadelphia 23
Cincinnati 21
Yeah..every reason why we should win this game.

Which means we likely won't.....
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2352

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Bryce Brown is garbage and might not gain a yard, which means they'll turn to the pass and Zimmer knows that, so our pass rush will tee-off and Zimmer will send the house, which means Foles will be getting rid of the ball quickly all day.

We need to establish the run, bring the safeties into the box, and then beat them deep with our receivers and get Gresham and Charles involved.
Besides being a fumble machine, he is far from garbage. I'm happy to have him on my fantasy team, but you better believe I'm benching him. Or if I'm smart, I'll start him. But the fan in me won't allow it
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9859

We'll make Foles look like a Pro Bowler

Eagles 24
Bengals 13
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 174

Cincinnati Bengals: 23

Philadelphia Eagles: 0

Defense bounces back with a goose egg, a safety and a sack/fumble return for a touchdown.

Dalton gets to the Redzone twice and capitalizes with a Gresham TD and a Green TD.
: ninja:
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

No way we lose this, the team has to be ******** ecspecially andy and aj. we roll with a 4 game winstreak on the verge to 5 and being up a game on pitt, and not to mention the patriots winning giving indy some trouble and we give it away in the last 2 drives.

AJ, our best player had a bad game, im sure he is beating him self up a little over it, knowing they could of went a game up on pitt but i think we come out and look very good. marvin jones will get his first touchdown thursday as well.24 to 10,

if this team wants to be in the playoffs then they show it thursday, because the team is capable of beating pitt and baltimore. but they need to get back rolling on all cylinders like the last couple weeks.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 857

Bengals 34

Philly 16
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2511

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
i believe the eagles running game gets well this thursday. rey rey will not have time to get over his hangover by then and he will be a no-show the they will run it down our butts.besides andy reid will re-discover his magic coaching and just simply outcoach our staff which isn't that difficult and we will once again stink it up on prime-time. please believe this. its going to be another long long winter and summer waiting to be killed again next year with the same old stuff, just different players.to be not ready to play dallas is a SIN.only in the nati. 44 years and counting, no SUPERBOWL AGAIN.
My God, just shut the hell up, we get it you have 0 faith in this ****ty team and there is 0 chance they will squeak one out against the mighty eagles. We get it but you don't have to post 3-4 times in a row telling people the same ****, just plain annoying at this point.

That said the Bengals will win this game, Foles had a great game against TB's secondary but there the worst Pass Defense in the league so what do you expect, As for everyone claiming Bryce Brown is some great RB the guy had 2 good games against 2 mediocre Defenses in Carolina and Dallas, Look what he did against a good run D in Tampa, 6 yards and has also had 3 fumbles in the last 3 games.

All these people acting like the sky is falling because our receivers had a bad day and decided to drop everything need to chill out, its one game and were still in great position to make the playoffs. Yea we gave that game away but it was because our best player had an off day, that doesnt happen much.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
What time would that be then?
Simulcast is a contraction of the words Simultaneous and Broadcast. Simultaneous being, at the same time...

So it will be shown at the exact same time on local TV as it is on NFL Network.

The part i can't figure out is how they have the same game announcers on two different Networks, at the same time.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 417

Bengals win 24 - 9
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33435

Bengals - 24
Eagles - 10

Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Brown is a legit threat that will destroy this team if they are not prepared. He's far from garbage unfortunately.

87 attempts

494 yards

5.67 YPC

4 TD's

All in 3 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
Besides being a fumble machine, he is far from garbage. I'm happy to have him on my fantasy team, but you better believe I'm benching him. Or if I'm smart, I'll start him. But the fan in me won't allow it
6 yards on 12 carries against the Bucs?

He's put up good games against Carolina and Dallas.

I'm pretty sure that I could roll for 120 yards on 18 carries against those Ds.

But he also added 6 yards on 2 catches, so I guess we should start game planning for him now.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Simulcast is a contraction of the words Simultaneous and Broadcast. Simultaneous being, at the same time...

So it will be shown at the exact same time on local TV as it is on NFL Network.

The part i can't figure out is how they have the same game announcers on two different Networks, at the same time.
What are you tryin to say..Will the game be on in Dayton on local tv the same time it is on the NFL network? Explain?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 793

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_in_kettering View Post
national television.

weak opponent with coach on the hot seat.

away game.

only four days to prepare.

philadelphia 23
cincinnati 21
Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7956

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
if they lose this one, i hope you are prepared to handled it. the eagles are already saying they can't wait to play us and kill us.they give us no respect and they are not afraid of the bengals at all. they play in a tuff division and are used to stopping the run and i predicted a loss to the cowboys if they didn't run the ball. without the run, andy dalton is very predictable.if cook plays, dalton will get sacked alot.robinson is way better than cook.stupid coaching staff. its so maddening, because we as fans can't do anything about it.you would think all the fans that went to the dallas game would not show up last home game, but they will and spend all their money on mikey boy and he is so happy with that.
Wow.....fartyearfan, I've been reading alot of your negative crap, but this one I must respond to. ...So because we lost by 1 point to Dallas, you say all fans should boycott the Baltimore game. ...So you are still on this Boycott Bengals garbage that people like Joe Flo started up after 2010. Is it that people like you were mad that Ocho and Carson and TO were gone after 2010. You know that team did win only 4 games.....I was more than ready for the young bloods like AJ Green and Andy Dalton.....People like you and Jo Flo predicted 0-16 to 4-12 in 2011. ....The team went to play-offs, AJ Green, Dalton and Atkins to Pro Bowl. This team is 7-6 and still in the wild card hunt. Not a bad start for the guys just out of college.

People like you continue to want this d#mn boycott, empty seats, forcing team to eventually move to another city.....Myself, I like this group of young players. Most of them have only been in the NFL 1 or 2 years. I see these players becoming pretty good and to me the future looks bright.....but you want fans to boycott the Baltimore game...this never ending fan boycott that some of you people came up with after 2010. ...I think it's garbage. If you don't like this good young team, you don't like football. If this is how much of Cincinnati feels, then Cincinnati doesn't deserve an NFL team.....I will say if people like you win out and the team eventually moves, I will miss my Bengals, and Cincy will never ever get another NFL team, period.

It's time for this post 2010 Boycott Bengals nonsense to END !!!!.....This is a good young team. If small market Cincinnati wants to continue to have a team, the area needs to get behind AJ Green and Company. .......To boycott Baltimore game because team lost by 1 point to Dallas is stupid, but it is also showing Bengals Fans as the fair weather fans they have been accused of being for decades. It's time we show the other NFL cities we are not wimpy fair weather fans as they say we are. ....I say GO TO THE BALTIMORE GAME.

For now, no time to cry over Dallas game....beat Philly....It's a little over 48 hours away....Get to 8-6, stay in the hunt. ( unless you want to go on a negative rant on how we have no chance against Steelers, fartyearfan, it wouldn't surprise me ).

Last edited by kevin; 12-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7694

The boycott thing is silly but so is acting like fans having actual standards is being "fair weather". A lot of fans are sick of hearing that the future is bright because all we ever get is that - it's never the NOW that is bright it is always "wait, things will get better".

So while on the one hand it is dumb to boycott the team for the exact reasons described - losing the team to another city is not going to bring a championship here - the whole "future is bright" is equally dumb. The team needs its feet held to the fire NOW and made to understand they need to deliver NOW, not in some future.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18580

Quote:
What are you tryin to say..Will the game be on in Dayton on local tv the same time it is on the NFL network? Explain?
Yes.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
The boycott thing is silly but so is acting like fans having actual standards is being "fair weather". A lot of fans are sick of hearing that the future is bright because all we ever get is that - it's never the NOW that is bright it is always "wait, things will get better".

So while on the one hand it is dumb to boycott the team for the exact reasons described - losing the team to another city is not going to bring a championship here - the whole "future is bright" is equally dumb. The team needs its feet held to the fire NOW and made to understand they need to deliver NOW, not in some future.
You can't bring in rookies AJ Green and Dalton and expect everything NOW....although they not only didn't go 0-16 as some predicted but went play-offs, and are in the play-off hunt again. ...Are they a seasoned team like The Patriots NOW, of course not.....but with other young players like Gino and Dunlap and others, I do see a team that I like with alot more upsides than that 2005 team had. This to me looks like more talent, and as they become veterans and we add players, it could be a dynasty team in this decade NOW, this decade.....I sure wouldn't lose all hope over a 1 point loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

No, we aren't the Patriots....but we are a good young team and I see more upside down the road than I did with the 2005 bunch that collpased in 2006 and 2007 into an awful 2008 and 2010. .....I was more than ready for these young bloods and I do think the team is going in the right direction.

People like fartyear fan that come on and blast the team on every thread with negativity...it amazes me that in Bengals Country this is considered being a good fan. Boycott the team, F this team, makes people great Bengals Fans ??? It wouldn't go over in Green Bay or some other NFL areas......now you predicted Eagles 20, Bengals 17, and a fan called you a downer, but I say at least you didn't go into a boycott team rant as this guy did. Alot of people predict we will lose each week.

That said...Beat Philly....8-6......Then beat Pittsburg.......Lets put it on Pennsylvania.....OH, and fans at the Bengals last home game, Baltimore.

Last edited by kevin; 12-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Bengals 3
Eagles 0

Another Thursday Night Football barnburner where both sides are fatigued and drained from Sunday's matchups. Bengals will win, but in a VERY ugly showing.
God! You scare me, because you just might be right.... and I used up all of my heart meds on last game.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Wow.....fartyearfan, I've been reading alot of your negative crap, but this one I must respond to. ...So because we lost by 1 point to Dallas, you say all fans should boycott the Baltimore game. ...So you are still on this Boycott Bengals garbage that people like Joe Flo started up after 2010. Is it that people like you were mad that Ocho and Carson and TO were gone after 2010. You know that team did win only 4 games.....I was more than ready for the young bloods like AJ Green and Andy Dalton.....People like you and Jo Flo predicted 0-16 to 4-12 in 2011. ....The team went to play-offs, AJ Green, Dalton and Atkins to Pro Bowl. This team is 7-6 and still in the wild card hunt. Not a bad start for the guys just out of college.

People like you continue to want this d#mn boycott, empty seats, forcing team to eventually move to another city.....Myself, I like this group of young players. Most of them have only been in the NFL 1 or 2 years. I see these players becoming pretty good and to me the future looks bright.....but you want fans to boycott the Baltimore game...this never ending fan boycott that some of you people came up with after 2010. ...I think it's garbage. If you don't like this good young team, you don't like football. If this is how much of Cincinnati feels, then Cincinnati doesn't deserve an NFL team.....I will say if people like you win out and the team eventually moves, I will miss my Bengals, and Cincy will never ever get another NFL team, period.

It's time for this post 2010 Boycott Bengals nonsense to END !!!!.....This is a good young team. If small market Cincinnati wants to continue to have a team, the area needs to get behind AJ Green and Company. .......To boycott Baltimore game because team lost by 1 point to Dallas is stupid, but it is also showing Bengals Fans as the fair weather fans they have been accused of being for decades. It's time we show the other NFL cities we are not wimpy fair weather fans as they say we are. ....I say GO TO THE BALTIMORE GAME.

For now, no time to cry over Dallas game....beat Philly....It's a little over 48 hours away....Get to 8-6, stay in the hunt. ( unless you want to go on a negative rant on how we have no chance against Steelers, fartyearfan, it wouldn't surprise me ).
Major Props!!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19592

The Bengals can rest their stars again. As for as the the 6th spot of the playoffs this game as as the Dallas game means nothing nada.

It is the last two games more importantly the game against the Steelers that means EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2117

Quote:
Well your a downer..

Bengals will win big easily..

Bengals 35
Eagles 10
The Bengals are in the early stages of their annual late-season collapse.