Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762
Default Totally Bewildering.

Instead of going for a 2 point conversion, which would have made it a 2 score game, he goes for 1, which keeps it a 3 score game.

Then on our own 49 with 4th and 1 he decides to go for and Redman gets stuffed. Did someone put something in Tomlin's coffee before the game? Also where in the hell did the dink and dunk offense go that was working so well. This was Ben's first game back and instead of the quick throws, he stays in the pocket and gets hammered just about the whole game.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30168
Default Re: Totally Bewildering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Instead of going for a 2 point conversion, which would have made it a 2 score game, he goes for 1, which keeps it a 3 score game.

Then on our own 49 with 4th and 1 he decides to go for and Redman gets stuffed. Did someone put something in Tomlin's coffee before the game? Also where in the hell did the dink and dunk offense go that was working so well. This was Ben's first game back and instead of the quick throws, he stays in the pocket and gets hammered just about the whole game.
Maybe Mike Tomlin and Marvin Lewis were drinking buddies this week because BenJarvus Green-Ellis who might be the hottest running back in the league right now sat on the bench for most of the second and third quarters today while Andy Dalton threw one perfect pass after another that were dropped like hot potatoes by AJ Green. When The Law Firm was in the game, he was gashing the Dallas defense for 20-30 yards a pop, going through their defensive line like it wasn't even there.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Maybe Mike Tomlin and Marvin Lewis were drinking buddies this week because BenJarvus Green-Ellis who might be the hottest running back in the league right now sat on the bench for most of the second and third quarters today while Andy Dalton threw one perfect pass after another that were dropped like hot potatoes by AJ Green. When The Law Firm was in the game, he was gashing the Dallas defense for 20-30 yards a pop, going through their defensive line like it wasn't even there.
Tomlin completely contradicted himself. He don't have the confidence to go for a 2 point conversion, but he does with a 4th and 1.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
the Bengals did not want this game bad enough..let a 6n6 team take it away in a matter of minutes..this team is starting to tic me off..im kind of glad they lost this one..they would never of beatin the texans or pats in the playoff's..fire Marvin bring in some body that has grit..Marvin should coach pee wee has the face for it..he never has this team fired up..he be better off selling ladys garments..just had to say that..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Block View Post
the Bengals did not want this game bad enough..let a 6n6 team take it away in a matter of minutes..this team is starting to tic me off..im kind of glad they lost this one..they would never of beatin the texans or pats in the playoff's..fire Marvin bring in some body that has grit..Marvin should coach pee wee has the face for it..he never has this team fired up..he be better off selling ladys garments..just had to say that..
While you make sense with respect to Marvin Lewis not being aggressive enough, I must say he wasn't the one who dropped all those perfectly thrown passes Andy Dalton threw today nor did he miss any of those gift balls Tony Romo threw right to Cincinnati defenders which should have been picked off.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12694

Quote:

I liked going for the 4th and 1. You need to get the team going and at the 50 you might gain 20-30 yards if you punt. If you make it the team get a little confidence. If you don't you showed the offense you have some faith in them.

His explanation for not going for two was lame however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 11590

I guess this thread is as good as any. The Bengals had a chance to take the wheel in the wild card race, and actually make a move on the division, and they chose not to capitalize. If they leave next week tied record wise with the Steelers they will again have the chance to take control, and they will again fail. It doesn't take them long to reaffirm my choice to drop my season tix two years ago.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Don't sweat it. You may not get the division, but you will get the wild card. The only team you have to worry about is the Bengals, and they won't come through.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14797

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
Don't sweat it. You may not get the division, but you will get the wild card. The only team you have to worry about is the Bengals, and they won't come through.
I don't know....the Browns fans here are driving me crazy because...and yes this is an actual quote from one I work with

"this is the first time in recent history that the Browns are not mathmatically eliminated at this point in the season and I think they could make a run and get a wildcard"

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I don't know....the Browns fans here are driving me crazy because...and yes this is an actual quote from one I work with

"this is the first time in recent history that the Browns are not mathmatically eliminated at this point in the season and I think they could make a run and get a wildcard"

Thank you. Now I don't feel so bad. I got a laugh, and remembered that at least I'm not a Browns fan.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
I guess this thread is as good as any. The Bengals had a chance to take the wheel in the wild card race, and actually make a move on the division, and they chose not to capitalize. If they leave next week tied record wise with the Steelers they will again have the chance to take control, and they will again fail. It doesn't take them long to reaffirm my choice to drop my season tix two years ago.
Why're you so down on the Bengals? They're not as bad as you make them out to be. This last game with the Cowboys was a fluke. The Bengals should have won that game. I think it was simply because a Bengal fan named Trademark jinxed the game by posting before VCU Ram could.

The Bengals have not been mathematically eliminated. Their playoff destiny is in their hands. All they have to do is win 2 out of the next 3 games and they're in.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11149

Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post

I want what he is smoking.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Why're you so down on the Bengals? They're not as bad as you make them out to be. This last game with the Cowboys was a fluke. The Bengals should have won that game. I think it was simply because a Bengal fan named Trademark jinxed the game by posting before VCU Ram could.

The Bengals have not been mathematically eliminated. Their playoff destiny is in their hands. All they have to do is win 2 out of the next 3 games and they're in.
Yeah that's all they do. The Eagles should be a win. Then it is against the Ravens and the Steelers. No problem at all

Last edited by silenetwolf; 12-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post

Because I've been down this road countless times. I use to pay $1500 a year to travel down this road. Now I do it for free.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:

You have to have somebody open to throw to, even in a dink and dunk offense. If everybody's covered, then your QB is still going to get killed.

On the plus side, I saw Antonio Brown got a receiving TD with 58 seconds left. Way to boost those stats to fool the fans into thinking your worth that $8+ mill a year contract in garbage time, Antonio! A career high THREE TD catches this year is still within reach!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
You have to have somebody open to throw to, even in a dink and dunk offense. If everybody's covered, then your QB is still going to get killed.

On the plus side, I saw Antonio Brown got a receiving TD with 58 seconds left. Way to boost those stats to fool the fans into thinking your worth that $8+ mill a year contract in garbage time, Antonio! A career high THREE TD catches this year is still within reach!
You're still not able to figure out that when an offense actually uses a player in the redzone it is a bit easier for that player to score redzone TDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
You're still not able to figure out that when an offense actually uses a player in the redzone it is a bit easier for that player to score redzone TDs.
You're still not able to figure out that a WR with an $8+ mill a year deal shouldn't be a non-factor inside the red zone. You're also not able to figure out that it is actually possible for a WR to score from outside the red zone. How many more red zone opportunities are WR's with more TD catches than Brown like James Jones, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Denarius Moore, Brandon Stokely, Brandon Gibson, Danario Alexander, TY Hilton, Josh Morgan, Kevin Ogletree, etc, etc getting than Brown?

Even if Brown didn't play in the red zone at all, which he does, he should still have more than 2 TD's this year given the contract your FO gave him and the sheer amount of raw hype we heard about this guy this offseason. Not to mention that his 2 TD's are a garbage time TD when the Steelers were getting blown out by the Chargers[NFL's 21st ranked pass defense] and a fumble recovery for a TD against the Raiders[NFL's 27th ranked pass defense].

When Steeler Nation jumps on the guy's jock, claim he's better than Mike Wallace[the WR your FO tried and FAILED to get locked up all offseason] and compare the guy to AJ Green during the offseason, there are no excuses. Brown doesn't get looks in the red zone because Brown lacks the talent, skill, and god given ability to produce when the oppossing defense doesn't have to worry about Mike Wallace's deep speed. He is nothing more than an overhyped possession WR with a bunch of Steeler fans who bought the hype hand over fist making weak excuses for the fact that the man can't produce.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19157

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
HEY DUMMY! TOUCHDOWNS ARE SCORED FROM OUTSIDE THE REDZONE!

Unless your name is Antonio Brown.

Derp.

Last edited by rfaulk34; 12-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

You know what is really bewildering? How does that horrendous Dallas punter keep his job? I've seen girls at Punt, Pass, and Kick who hit better punts than that guy. I've seen shanked shots on the golf course go straighter than his punts.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Just like to say....

Andrew Hawkins. 45 catches, 4 touchdowns.
Mohammad Sanu. 16 catches, 4 touchdowns.

Antonio Brown. 51 catches, 2 touchdowns.

lulz
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Just like to say....

lulz
Here's another one for you....

Antonio Brown=51 catches,84 targets,592 yards,2 TD's,11.6 YPC,7.04 YPA,60.7% Completed To

vs.

Armon Binns=18 catches,29 targets,210 yards,1 TD,11.7 YPC,7.24 YPA,62.1% Completed To

So Binns had a higher YPC, higher YPA when thrown to, higher completion % when thrown to, and a higher TD %. He was also benched for being ineffective and eventually waived this week. Brown is statistically worse, but still has a bunch of mouth breathers in Steeler Nation talking him up and excuse making for him. Sad. A performance that gets you axed by the Bengals gets you jock riding by Steeler Nation. Oh well, what do expect from a group of people that think Hines Ward is a HoF WR. Funny thing is, they excuse make for his lack of production, too.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
Just like to say....

lulz

But you would trade both of those players for AB in a heartbeat. You would trade every receiver the bengals had in a package, outside of AJ Green, just to get Brown. You can point to all your stats and what'not. You guy here have been doing it for years, then you wonder why your team stinks. You don't know a thing about truly good football players. You see stats and you slobber like Suggs.

Last edited by Asmith(DE); 12-11-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post

But you would trade both of those players for AB in a heartbeat. You would trade every receiver the bengals had in a package, outside of AJ Green, just to get Brown. You can point to all your stats and what'not. You guy here have been doing it for years, then you wonder why your team stinks. You don't know a thing about truly good football players. You see stats and you slobber like Suggs.
I wouldn't trade either of those guys for him.

Stats are just a stupid little number that shows how a player is producing.

And they don't count unless the numbers are greater for the STeelers player.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12694

Quote:
I wouldn't trade either of those guys for him.

Stats are just a stupid little number that shows how a player is producing.

And they don't count unless the numbers are greater for the STeelers player.
Browns numbers are not great this year. He hasn't had that "other" guy to help with taking some coverage away from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing