Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908
Default Why am I still mad about the loss?

It's Tuesday morning and I'm still ****** about the loss this past Sunday. I keep going over it in my head what the Bengals would have gained by winning the game against the Cowboys.

Maybe it's because the Bengals would have gone up 1 game against the Steelers and would have been sitting in the second wild card spot with only 3 games left.

Maybe it's because the Bengals could have been only a game out of first in the AFCN with only 3 games left and the Ravens having a really tough schedule the rest of the way.

Maybe it's because I really want back to back winning season for the first time in 30 years and they could be sitting at 8-5 with 3 games left instead of 7-6.

Maybe it's because I want back to back playoff appearances for the first time ever and a win would have made that easier to achieve.

Maybe it's because the Bengals lost to an inferior team and should have monkey stomped the Cowboys.

Maybe it's because of what we saw Sunday was a team not wanting to win and looked like they couldn't care less if they won the game or not.

I don't know, something about this past game just rubs me the wrong way and it really ****** me off.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11064
Default Re: Why am I still mad about the loss?

You're not lying man. I haven't read half of the posts on here since the game. I haven't and won't watch NFL Network or ESPN until after Thursday. This wasn't one of those "I knew we were gonna lose" games. We had this and ha chances to put it away. Here's to hoping we beat Philly, an get an extra 3 days of rest before Pittsburgh.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
It's Tuesday morning and I'm still ****** about the loss this past Sunday. I keep going over it in my head what the Bengals would have gained by winning the game against the Cowboys.

Maybe it's because the Bengals would have gone up 1 game against the Steelers and would have been sitting in the second wild card spot with only 3 games left.

Maybe it's because the Bengals could have been only a game out of first in the AFCN with only 3 games left and the Ravens having a really tough schedule the rest of the way.

Maybe it's because I really want back to back winning season for the first time in 30 years and they could be sitting at 8-5 with 3 games left instead of 7-6.

Maybe it's because I want back to back playoff appearances for the first time ever and a win would have made that easier to achieve.

Maybe it's because the Bengals lost to an inferior team and should have monkey stomped the Cowboys.

Maybe it's because of what we saw Sunday was a team not wanting to win and looked like they couldn't care less if they won the game or not.

I don't know, something about this past game just rubs me the wrong way and it really ****** me off.
(bolding mine)

The Cowboys are not an inferior team, they acknowledged as one of the NFL's most talented teams. They have an owner who will open his wallet wide to shore up any weaknesses. Can we say the same?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

The loss was a square kick to the nuts of any Bengals fan. Not only because it hurt our playoff chances, but because it shows that even though this is a new group the Bengals are still the Bengals. When the stakes are high they lose.

In my mind, I think of the playoffs as starting right now for them. So even if they don't make it to the playoffs proper, the next few weeks will show us what kind of team this can be. Will they respond or will they fade away like they typically do in final quarter of the season under Marvin Lewis?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3288

Probably because it feels like the Bengals lost the game, not that the Cowboys won the game.

I'm starting to get convinced that the NFL is scripted just like WWE.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 550

Quote:

I totally agree with you on all points. But this is what I noticed too. Pretty much a playoff game and they didn't looked pumped up at all. Where is the fire....where are our leaders that have this fire inside of them like Lewis or Thurman?

The only good thing that came out of this game is the Cowboys lost Dez Bryant for the rest of the year. I just keep picturing him pointing at the yellow flag after being blown up by a completely legal hit from Nelson.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

i just moved up here to louisville, ive been to redskins stadium to watch the bengals but never at pbs. this past sunday was my first game. a little too many dallas fans, but it was sold out before the season started for a reason, their fans travel. I was 15 rows from the field, lemme tell ya, it was a perfect day best seats i could ask for. then we had to give the game away the last 2 drives of the game.. when gresham made that ridiculous 1 handed catch, i literally heard the ball smack against his glove.. i was at the 50 yard line, that hit reggie put on dez had me jumping out of my seat. lol

then we had to give it away at the end. normally when the bengals lose, i tend to stay away from espn a couple days.. we shouldnt be as mad because pitt lost, but at the sametime thats what makes it more infuriating is the fact that we dominated that whole game...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post
The only good thing that came out of this game is the Cowboys lost Dez Bryant for the rest of the year. I just keep picturing him pointing at the yellow flag after being blown up by a completely legal hit from Nelson.
not only is it good to be happy with someone injured, they play pitt next week, and to be honest, with a healthy dez i dont see why they couldnt beat pitt as well, after what the chargers just did to them.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26850
bengals Re: Why am I still mad about the loss?

Quote:

I hear most of what you are saying here man. A Bengal fan nut kicker that is for sure.

Just need to catch the damn ball on both sides. The drops killed us, dropped ints, dropped first downs, dropped TD's and Green was apart of it. Need to work on the jugg machine the next few days.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26850

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post
I totally agree with you on all points. But this is what I noticed too. Pretty much a playoff game and they didn't looked pumped up at all. Where is the fire....where are our leaders that have this fire inside of them like Lewis or Thurman?

Yeah, that was a beautiful legal hit by Reggie. Calls like that really chap my arse.

Loved watching it over and over again though.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

There are two possible reason, as to why you are still very upset about last Sunday's outcome:
1) You may have a sinus infection.
2) It is your pride f$#@&ing with you (movie line)

Let it go. Bengals are still in it. Enjoy the game on Thursday night!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3342

You're not alone, Nebuchadnezzar, I'm still p i s s e d off, and until we beat the living donkey crap out of the Eagles, I'm not going to feel any better. We lost to the friggin' Cowboys, what a joke. They're a horrible TEAM, just a bunch of prima donnas running around believing that they're actually America's favorite team. Bunch of ********.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 56

It wasn't even the fact that we lost the game. It was the way we lost.We dominated the game for 3 and 1/2 quarters and lost that ****** me off.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3079

I'm ****** off because I honestly believe the players gave up, after they realized they couldn't win with how favored the officials were calling things.

No one is talking about the human factor. The officials are human beings, with empathy and compassion. You will never convince me that an official is 100% impartial in the way they call the game. It would be impossible, because they aren't robots.

Maybe some game, some player says something snide or rude to an official and maybe that gets under his skin. He thinks and tells us that he won't pull a flag, or keep the flag in his pocket because of his emotion, but how could he not?

The Cowboys dealt with an unimaginable tragedy not 24 hours before they stepped on the field Sunday. The entire NFL felt sorry for them, we empathized for them, we were compassionate to what they were going through.

How can we think the Officials were not affected in any way? Because they are professionals? Because they are paid to not be affected? If that's what you people want to believe that's fine I guess. But I believe they are human, and regardless of how professional anyone is, they are still human underneath their job.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg707 View Post
I'm ****** off because I honestly believe the players gave up, after they realized they couldn't win with how favored the officials were calling things.

No one is talking about the human factor. The officials are human beings, with empathy and compassion. You will never convince me that an official is 100% impartial in the way they call the game. It would be impossible, because they aren't robots.

Maybe some game, some player says something snide or rude to an official and maybe that gets under his skin. He thinks and tells us that he won't pull a flag, or keep the flag in his pocket because of his emotion, but how could he not?

The Cowboys dealt with an unimaginable tragedy not 24 hours before they stepped on the field Sunday. The entire NFL felt sorry for them, we empathized for them, we were compassionate to what they were going through.

How can we think the Officials were not affected in any way? Because they are professionals? Because they are paid to not be affected? If that's what you people want to believe that's fine I guess. But I believe they are human, and regardless of how professional anyone is, they are still human underneath their job.
I don't think they gave up. I think the Bengals have proven time and time again that they know how to lose big games. To take the next step they need to learn how to win the games that mean the most.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13103

I'm not the kind of person who gets stung by a loss much more further than the hour or so after, but you're right; this one ****** me off too.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1441

I'm bent over this still cause all Cincy had to do was take of care of business for 60 minutes.
The Ravens and Steelers melted down.
How much field position do you need gift wrapped? we had the Cowboys starting from 20,we were starting from around mid field it seemed like.
Its the little things we didn't do. Catch balls. attack the Cowboys where they were weak. don't grab the facemask when taking a QB down.
we didn't execute fundamentally when we had to.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg707 View Post

I don't think they gave up they just stopped executing. They were running the offense so smoothly in the first half then got to comfortable. Dropped balls killed us. Romo tried to hand us the game but two passes bounced off our DB's hands.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderman99 View Post
I don't think they gave up they just stopped executing. They were running the offense so smoothly in the first half then got to comfortable. Dropped balls killed us. Romo tried to hand us the game but two passes bounced off our DB's hands.

You're right - it comes down to executing. And execution depends on focus. And focus depends on being mentally tough enough not to let other things distract you.

Things like: worrying about where you're going to run after you get the ball, worrying about getting hit after you get the ball, worrying about the fact you blew the last couple of plays, worrying about the fact that momentum has switched the other way, worrying about whether the pocket is closing, worrying about a crappy call by the officials, worrying about getting off the snap first and forgetting the snap count, etc., etc., etc.

I look at teams like Pittsburgh and New England. They execute, they focus, they move on, they execute again, they get knocked down, they focus and they knock you down.

It's a mind set we need to develop at every position group. We need to fire up the intensity but maintain the focus. They lost their composure Sunday. Hopefully they get up and put a butt whupping on the next 4 - 7 teams they play.

Someone said they need to work the juggs this week. I think Andy needs to be shooting rockets to both the DBs and the WRs - game speed - urgency speed, not necessarily the same trajectory over and over. They need to learn to deal with the unexpected.

The guy who I think has grown a pair this season is Gresham. The other players need to take a look at his game. He dropped a ball Sunday too. Then came out and made that spectacular testoterone filled one handed catch.

I like the way he's playing!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:

clam down and eat your breakfast.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6418

Quote:

Maybe it's because everytime they give you a glimmer of hope they let you down once again.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1984

[quote=D.Boon;2720864]The loss was a square kick to the nuts of any Bengals fan. Not only because it hurt our playoff chances, but because it shows that even though this is a new group the Bengals are still the Bengals. When the stakes are high they lose.

In my mind, I think of the playoffs as starting right now for them. So even if they don't make it to the playoffs proper, the next few weeks will show us what kind of team this can be. Will they respond or will they fade away like they typically do in final quarter of the season under Marvin Lewis?[/QUOTE]

You can take that to the bank. When has Marvin Lewis EVER responded with a must win. Don't look for it this season either. I hope this is his last season as the Bengal's head coach, but knowing how the FO operates, they would hire an inexperienced, arena-ball type coach and the whole disatser would start over again. There will be only sadness and gloom in Whoville, OH.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderman99 View Post
It wasn't even the fact that we lost the game. It was the way we lost.We dominated the game for 3 and 1/2 quarters and lost that ****** me off.
Exactly. I watching it again right now and I'm starting to get sick to my stomach. Everything we did right in the first half, we did wrong in the second half.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 291

Its bad, but lets not forget that they were not playing very well agains SD and still won. If the DAL kicker missed the FG and we have won the game, we wouldn't be complaining here and etc. Lets analyze the situation of the loss and how we lost.
In fact except week 1 and vs Manning, all other losses were really bad losses, hard to accept.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10419

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADefense View Post
Exactly. I watching it again right now and I'm starting to get sick to my stomach. Everything we did right in the first half, we did wrong in the second half.
Yup. Like I said before. This game was a tale of half a game of half effort.

Other than a few players like Geno. The rest of them team let this one slip right through their fingers.

Players in position and not finishing(D&O). Coaches toying with personnel.

I still just want to know one thing. Why the hell was BJGE taken out of the game plan?

You message board experts fill me in. Tell me this wasn't some chickensheit scheming and game management.

I'm willing to hear your arguments...