Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251
Default Re: Playing Cook was a mistake

Many things were the reason they lost.....but the coaching staff did not help by all of a sudden....when they needed to run...NOT running? They went against what was working on that front and the use of the Messenger Center? Who freaking has Messenger Centers in the NFL? Ever?

I can tell you no one does. Unless you have Dwight Stephenson and Kevin Mawea as your #1/2.....and then ...even then, you do not alternate centers.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24693
bengals Re: Playing Cook was a mistake

I agree with the OP, shouldn't have played Cook. I was saying this last week.

Never mess up your chemistry in the middle of a hunt for the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20718

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

I agree with the OP, shouldn't have played Cook. I was saying this last week.

Never mess up your chemistry in the middle of a hunt for the playoffs.
It didn't mess up ****.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 479
Default Re: Playing Coook was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
No excuse Cook was awful the whole time he was out there.. We should move forward with Robinson as our starter for the rest of the season.
I second that!

yeah, i was a little puzzled why Cook came in during the game. Robinson has been pretty damn good as Cook's replacement. I would go with Robinson for the rest of the year and probably ditch Cook in the offseason or restructure to make him a backup.

Barely heard anything from Robinson but Cook comes in and starts getting his penalties was ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
It messed up our unity

It hurt us in the run

It just looked suspect on the offensive line again.

Why couldn't we just pull a Harbaugh and continue to start the hot hand?

Why did Cook need to get any time today. He ended up hurting us we looked poorer as a unit because of it.

Robinson just should have continued to start and play the game with Cook taking mental reps.

We dropped the ball today literally.
Agreed. Does anybody have stats on the difference in the running game while T. Rob was in versus when K. Cook was in? That is all.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

Of course it was a mistake. But was it a mistake that cost the Bengals the game?

No. Playing Cook was not a back breaking mistake. All those drops made a difference, as did stayiong away from the run in the second half. Handing the ball off so often to Leonard may have been costly too. Oh, and the Charmin soft defense the second half was bad too.

Cook playing wasn't the big mistake for this team on Sunday. It was a small piece to a much bigger puzzle.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Of course it was a mistake. But was it a mistake that cost the Bengals the game?

No. Playing Cook was not a back breaking mistake. All those drops made a difference, as did stayiong away from the run in the second half. Handing the ball off so often to Leonard may have been costly too. Oh, and the Charmin soft defense the second half was bad too.

Cook playing wasn't the big mistake for this team on Sunday. It was a small piece to a much bigger puzzle.
I have to agree with this. Droped balls were the huge factor it cost us many first down and even 6 points we lost by 1 so...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
I have to agree with this. Droped balls were the huge factor it cost us many first down and even 6 points we lost by 1 so...
At least 6. 4 of the drops were on third downs if I recall
Old 12-12-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/1...son-cincinnati

Breakdown of how the offense was just fine with Cook
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 956

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/1...son-cincinnati

Breakdown of how the offense was just fine with Cook
I don't think you read the whole article. Even still cook wasn't as big a liability as I thought but his presence did have impact as indicated by the article toward the line as a whole: more sacs given up and the Leonard spell probably held him back. I also agree with the eye ball test portion Robinson looked better as well.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
I don't think you read the whole article. Even still cook wasn't as big a liability as I thought but his presence did have impact as indicated by the article toward the line as a whole: more sacs given up and the Leonard spell probably held him back. I also agree with the eye ball test portion Robinson looked better as well.
No I read it. He isn't a liability at all.
Just isn't. Sorry to disappoint. Robinson is likely the future. But right now, Cook is probably the guy to roll with.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 956

Quote:
No I read it. He isn't a liability at all.
Just isn't. Sorry to disappoint. Robinson is likely the future. But right now, Cook is probably the guy to roll with.
Interesting you got we should roll with cook from that article? Or is that your personal synopsis?
I got that Robinson shows more instinct and looks better and surprisingly plays better with the unit as opposed to cook. But my reading comprehension has been put under the microscope before.��
Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Interesting you got we should roll with cook from that article? Or is that your personal synopsis?
I got that Robinson shows more instinct and looks better and surprisingly plays better with the unit as opposed to cook. But my reading comprehension has been put under the microscope before.��
It says to me Cook has been out 13 weeks and came back after a week of practice and performed on a similar level as a guy who has been in shape all season.
So yeah, I will take Cook for his vet smarts RIGHT now.
Give me that right now and Robinson in a year.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 641

I counted at least six drops. Green - 3 Hawkins - 2 Pressley -1 one or two were tough catches but catches a pro should make. Gresham's "drop" in the endzone was a result of a big hit.

On defense - two Int's dropped by Newmann, one by Clements, and Rey got his hand on the one shovel pass. It would have been a great play but of course he didn't make it.

You had the bad call on Nelson. A stupid penalty by Green on the run by BJGE. The unfortunate facemask penalty on Dunlap hurt.

I believe the Jones TD called back was a correct call.

Bad playcalling in the second half and poor use ofTO's in the second half. Cook looked like he still has trouble moving.

All in all, a comedy of errors. This team needs to develop a winning culture. Until they do, we'll have more of the same.

Last edited by JADefense; 12-12-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Playing Coook was a mistake

Quote:
he blocked down left.
Zeitler got schooled. Plain and simple.
It shouldn't take 2 guys to block an OLB like Spencer.
Zeitler got fooled by the fake and Spencer just shot inside of him
I said last year cooks stinks and everybody told me i was crazy .....When he was out andy had all day to throw the ball with both replacement centers .....Now we bring him back and andy gets sacked 5 times...And is running for his life on every play.....the coaches are just blind......How about leon hall anyone who thinks he a good corner is mad out of there mind ....I think he may have cost us every game this year ...Go back and look everytime a team needs a play they just throw his way .....I dont get it.......If the guys no good get him off the field......he wasnt any good before he got hurt or cook
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40067

Quote:
It says to me Cook has been out 13 weeks and came back after a week of practice and performed on a similar level as a guy who has been in shape all season.
So yeah, I will take Cook for his vet smarts RIGHT now.
Give me that right now and Robinson in a year.

Beware the 2nd game letdown. As in, many guys that have been out play well their 1st game back, because their body isn't all beat up from playing. Then, the 2nd game, they realize that they haven't been in contact condition. I look for more Robinson in this game than Cook, particularly after only 3 days to recover from last game.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADefense View Post
I counted at least six drops. Green - 3 Hawkins - 2 Pressley -1 one or two were tough catches but catches a pro should make. Gresham's "drop" in the endzone was a result of a big hit.

On defense - two Int's dropped by Newmann, one by Clements, and Rey got his hand on the one shovel pass. It would have been a great play but of course he didn't make it.

You had the bad call on Nelson. A stupid penalty by Green on the run by BJGE. The unfortunate facemask penalty on Dunlap hurt.

I believe the Jones TD called back was a correct call.

Bad playcalling in the second half and poor use ofTO's in the second half. Cook looked like he still has trouble moving.

All in all, a comedy of errors. This team needs to develop a winning culture. Until they do, we'll have more of the same.
dont forget putting gathers down inside on the last to drives they had.....And not a d tackle this allows them to double geno ...And gathers just got pushed back allowing romo to step up and make a great throw.....We do this all the time thats when teams take there shots deep on us....sims and peko take on two blockers allowing geno to get pressure up the middle ....the worst kind of pressure for a quarterback.....I just dont get the coaches WE ARE NOT THE GAINTS.........................(LOL ....how many coaches do you know at the end of the game with the lead the whole game dont have any time outs (NONE)

Last edited by fulltime bengalfan; 12-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
it says to me cook has been out 13 weeks and came back after a week of practice and performed on a similar level as a guy who has been in shape all season.
So yeah, i will take cook for his vet smarts right now.
Give me that right now and robinson in a year.
two words cook stinks
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Beware the 2nd game letdown. As in, many guys that have been out play well their 1st game back, because their body isn't all beat up from playing. Then, the 2nd game, they realize that they haven't been in contact condition. I look for more Robinson in this game than Cook, particularly after only 3 days to recover from last game.
What's it tell you that Cook who has been out for 13 weeks came in and played on the same level as Robinson? Who by the way, has only started 6 games. So it isn't like he has THAT much wear and tear from a season. He should be in prime game-shape at 6 games.

And Im no Cook fan. But the harping on him is silly.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19907

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
It messed up our unity

It hurt us in the run

It just looked suspect on the offensive line again.

Why couldn't we just pull a Harbaugh and continue to start the hot hand?

Why did Cook need to get any time today. He ended up hurting us we looked poorer as a unit because of it.

Robinson just should have continued to start and play the game with Cook taking mental reps.

We dropped the ball today literally.
No it was not a mistake but thanks for playing. Cook did not cause AJ to drop a sure TD that was right in his hands. Cook did not cause AJ to drop a drive extending pass that was right in his hands. Cook did not cause Newman and Clements to drop INTs that were right in their hands.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34512

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
No it was not a mistake but thanks for playing. Cook did not cause AJ to drop a sure TD that was right in his hands. Cook did not cause AJ to drop a drive extending pass that was right in his hands. Cook did not cause Newman and Clements to drop INTs that were right in their hands.
..... Cook did not commit 2 penalties in only 30 snaps.....

Hey, wait a minute.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
..... Cook did not commit 2 penalties in only 30 snaps.....

Hey, wait a minute.
When was the last regular season snap he took? Did you think there would not be rust to be worked off? I know you are not that naive so I will go with you are just being funny to put it nicely.

I will take those 2 penalties over the two blatantly dropped passes what about you?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
What's it tell you that Cook who has been out for 13 weeks came in and played on the same level as Robinson? Who by the way, has only started 6 games. So it isn't like he has THAT much wear and tear from a season. He should be in prime game-shape at 6 games.

And Im no Cook fan. But the harping on him is silly.
Amen but it seems to be the " Bengal Fan " way anymore.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
two words cook stinks
Well that shows some intelligence now doesn't it?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34512

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
When was the last regular season snap he took? Did you think there would not be rust to be worked off? I know you are not that naive so I will go with you are just being funny to put it nicely.

I will take those 2 penalties over the two blatantly dropped passes what about you?
What does playing Cook over Robinson have to do with WRs dropping balls?

Are you suggesting we shoulda put Cook in for Hawkins or Green?