Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 385
Default Re: Bengals at Philly Thursday Night Predictions

The Bengals historically play well against the Fleagles, even during their really bad years.

But they still have to approach Thursday's game like a playoff game and CATCH SOME PASSES PLEASE! On both defense and offense.

The Philadelphia QB had a scary good game against the Tampa Bay Bucs in Tampa and they had better be ready for him.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17505

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecat View Post
The Bengals historically play well against the Fleagles, even during their really bad years.

But they still have to approach Thursday's game like a playoff game and CATCH SOME PASSES PLEASE! On both defense and offense.

The Philadelphia QB had a scary good game against the Tampa Bay Bucs in Tampa and they had better be ready for him.

Tell me why this game against the Eagles?

What they should do is rest their starters for the real playoff games and that starts with the Steelers followed by the Ravens.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 695

We never win in front a national audience. I've been having this debate all week with a few other posters.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandFan View Post
We never win in front a national audience. I've been having this debate all week with a few other posters.
Not only this, but we usually get crushed.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8227

My prediction?

PAIN!

And lots of it.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 92

34-10 win
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 273

42 10
Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Tell me why this game against the Eagles?

What they should do is rest their starters for the real playoff games and that starts with the Steelers followed by the Ravens.
Whether or not they play starters they still need to CATCH SOME PASSES. Otherwise any "playoff" type games after that will not go well.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17505

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecat View Post
Whether or not they play starters they still need to CATCH SOME PASSES. Otherwise any "playoff" type games after that will not go well.

I agree
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2267

Bengals: 28
Eagles: 7

Just my opinion
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19862

The Bengals are going to win this by at least two TD's....maybe even 3.

I'll predict: 31-17

Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1166

but i cannot put my finger on what always holds them back.

2 words, mike brown
Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32285

Quote:
I hope your wrong.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1469

I expect the Bengals to win and score over 30 point on this defense. Their secondary is bad and their safety tandem IMO is the worst in the NFL. I hope they go deep to AJ early.

Also sort of glad we're on the road this week. We have a better record on the road than home.
Since Mike Brown became owner, the team has only 5 winning seasons out of 23 and has a winning percentage of .403 (151-224-1) in the regular season and .000 (0-5) in the playoffs. Bengals hold a number of distinctions under Brown's ownership: It is the only team with three 9-game-or-more losing streaks. It holds 6 of the 25 0-6 starts (24%) and 4 of the 13 0-8 starts (31%) in that time. Most successful coach during Brown's tenure is coach Marvin Lewis with a .514 winning percentage.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 136

After simmering down, I have changed my pick.

Bengals 31
Eagles 16
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4984

I have a feeling the defense will play great and the offense will get back on track.

Bengals - 34
Eagles - 13
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18620

Bengals 20
Eagles 17

We win it on a last second field goal.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

This game will not be close, depends on what Bengals team comes out thought! I'm hoping that Bengals team with green always open and lawfirm with 100 yards comes out!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1680
bengals Re: Bengals at Philly Thursday Night Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBengals View Post
Bengals 20
Eagles 17

We win it on a last second field goal.
i hate to be negative, BUT everytime i pick them in a must win game they just so blow it and its just maddening. whenever the bengals must win one they simply cannot get it done for whatever reason. i just do not have ANY FAITH they will pull it out. i really do believe they are being eaten alive by satan himself.this team over the long long years has underproformed so many times,, i just never feel like they have it in the bag. i think the eagles will beat us again by a field goal and that will be so hard to live with another pickin year.when the bengals are favored to win, they ALWAYS BLOW IT.can anyone tell me why that is???? let me guess the excuses. we are so young. the refs killed us. it was too hard on a short week.our key players were hurt.gruden is stupid. marvin called a terrible game. it just goes on and on. i so hope i am wrong, for personal reasons and for the great city of nati. lets hope for a win, but i so thought they would kill the cowboys too and they pulled my guts out AGAIN.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
BENGAL FANs . playing in philly is only second to playing in pissburg. its very very pickin hard. the fans there are nuts and so loud. the eagle players will be so jacked up to kill us, they will be riding a huge emotional thing and i see us getting so killed, its not even going to be close.the eagles will win big is my prediction. this is there super bowl, believe that.we will make so many mistakes and just get killed and embarrassed again on national tv. this is what the bengals do when they have to win.the eagles are a very very good football team and they have heard all week how the bengals are going to kill them.get ready for some humble pie,AGAIN, AGAIN AGAIN. it just goes on and on and on.no LEADERSHIP TO SPEAK OF.I am getting old fast because of this so-called team.the eagles will play like superbowl champs and just kill us and we will not have an answer.kill me if i am wrong.i can take it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
i hate to be negative, BUT everytime i pick them in a must win game they just so blow it and its just maddening. whenever the bengals must win one they simply cannot get it done for whatever reason. i just do not have ANY FAITH they will pull it out. i really do believe they are being eaten alive by satan himself.this team over the long long years has underproformed so many times,, i just never feel like they have it in the bag. i think the eagles will beat us again by a field goal and that will be so hard to live with another pickin year.when the bengals are favored to win, they ALWAYS BLOW IT.can anyone tell me why that is???? let me guess the excuses. we are so young. the refs killed us. it was too hard on a short week.our key players were hurt.gruden is stupid. marvin called a terrible game. it just goes on and on. i so hope i am wrong, for personal reasons and for the great city of nati. lets hope for a win, but i so thought they would kill the cowboys too and they pulled my guts out AGAIN.
Ok I didn't finish this but holy **** this guy seems like a true fan - sarcasm intended.
Thanks for standing for the team there. Idonno if that is just a littlle to much haterade in the morning or what. I mean I don't think it will be close however the eagles have a ugly defensive play style and our offense can play great and sometimes doesn't seem to be on the field. I still think we can win.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiser View Post
but i cannot put my finger on what always holds them back.

2 words, mike brown

hey, all you bengal players and staff, give us die-hard long long suffering bengal fans a reason to continue supporting your butts, and it starts thursday.i know some of you read this stuff. Show us your are supporting us fans for once in your rich lives.we for sure deserve alot more than you have ever given us.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor24 View Post
Major Props!!!!

STEELERS have owned us for 44 years. will that change this year??its a huge task.i am still waiting on a super bowl victory. that and that alone is all i want.not anything else.still waiting!!! call me any names you like. i have supported this team for 44 years, with alot of money and time and effort.all of us want the same thing. i am glad i am getting feedback from some of you.its great.keep watching.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan;2722170[SIZE=4
]i hate to be negative[/size], BUT everytime i pick them in a must win game they just so blow it and its just maddening. whenever the bengals must win one they simply cannot get it done for whatever reason. i just do not have ANY FAITH they will pull it out. i really do believe they are being eaten alive by satan himself.this team over the long long years has underproformed so many times,, i just never feel like they have it in the bag. i think the eagles will beat us again by a field goal and that will be so hard to live with another pickin year.when the bengals are favored to win, they ALWAYS BLOW IT.can anyone tell me why that is???? let me guess the excuses. we are so young. the refs killed us. it was too hard on a short week.our key players were hurt.gruden is stupid. marvin called a terrible game. it just goes on and on. i so hope i am wrong, for personal reasons and for the great city of nati. lets hope for a win, but i so thought they would kill the cowboys too and they pulled my guts out AGAIN.
You really hate to be negative? Because that is the only type of post I have ever seen from you. You are quite possibly the most negative person around here.

Furthermore, if you have no faith in this team then you are in no way a fan....you are in fact a fortyyearfake. Could one of the moderators please correct this and get the name changed. I'm sure it was just a simple typo on your part when you joined up.

Crawl back in your hole, you are too miserable to bare.

Everyone else continue on, Who-Dey.....
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

We need to come out there like the Pats did on MNF.....21 points QUICK and keep stepping on the gas...BUT

I doubt that will be the game plan and I think the team will look at Foles as "easy" instead of a capable opponent...
Hopefully though it ends with:

Bengals ----24

Eages----10