Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13561
Default Re: Walking dead s3 returns sunday !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick D from 83 View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with you.

I think the show loses a lot of its good storytelling bc they try to borrow elements from the comics but don't go all the way.

For instance...Michonne coming back for the Governor. In the comics there's a whole nother level of crazy going on that makes it very justified. But in the show it seems a lot less impactful and thought out, and when she doesn't kill him its nowhere near as satisfying as how she doesn't kill him in the comics.

Now I know they could never do this stuff on AMC...but look at Game of Thrones...they get away with the outrageous stuff from the source material bc they are on HBO and that show is fantastic.
Michonne's grudge against the Governor makes no sense in the show since they left out their "history". She comes off as a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34054

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Michonne's grudge against the Governor makes no sense in the show since they left out their "history". She comes off as a crazy person.
WTF do you guys not watch the show?

Meryl works for the governer Michonne knows that..

Meryl Was sent to kill Michonne

Who do you think she thinks sent him?

It makes perfect sense in the show...

people keeping zombie heads come off as crazy people seeking vengance for trying to kill them is not.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 28733

Quote:
LOL...Another example of you almost getting it right but falling just short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

people keeping zombie heads come off as crazy people seeking vengance for trying to kill them is not.

My thoughts too but just for clarification, I'll give a big wtf too

Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
My thoughts too but just for clarification, I'll give a big wtf too

If someone tries to kill you... Well you try and kill them first.... - Malcon Reynolds (FireFly)
Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11135

Quote:

I know Michonne knows Meryl was sent to kill her by the governor.

I don't know if you were referring to just Ravenslover or me as well, but you said you guys so I'll assume you meant me as well. My point is the TV show suffers bc of letting up on stuff from the comics and it hurts the story, and thus the comics are better.

I get on the show that Michonne is waiting for the governor bc he tried to have her killed, but the way that all plays out in the comics has a heck of a lot more motive and when she doesn't kill him in the comics its makes a lot more sense than it did on the show. She comes off as a lot more of a loose end on the show, which disappoints me, bc I think in the comics she's one of the smartest, and when she is waiting for him in the comics she has a hell of a lot better reason than he tried to have a few of his lieutenants kill her on her way out of town once.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

I don't know if you were referring to just Ravenslover or me as well, but you said you guys so I'll assume you meant me as well. My point is the TV show suffers bc of letting up on stuff from the comics and it hurts the story, and thus the comics are better.

I get on the show that Michonne is waiting for the governor bc he tried to have her killed, but the way that all plays out in the comics has a heck of a lot more motive and when she doesn't kill him in the comics its makes a lot more sense than it did on the show. She comes off as a lot more of a loose end on the show, which disappoints me, bc I think in the comics she's one of the smartest, and when she is waiting for him in the comics she has a hell of a lot better reason than he tried to have a few of his lieutenants kill her on her way out of town once.
This post makes me want to read the comics, damn you pat. I don't want the comics to ruin the show for me!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19922

Quote:

Dude...you need to relax.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

This.

In the show, she stays there for a few days and decides they're crazy as hell and must leave. Meryl tries to kill her and she kills 3 of his boys instead. Now she wants to help random people she has never met to get the chance to get revenge on the Governor instead of continuing with her plan to head to the coast? Why even bother? Just go to the coast. If she's willing to leave Andrea after 6-7 months together, what's her emotional attachment? They establish early that her motivation is survival.

So she helps mastermind a break in and sneaks off to his crib. Instead of waiting for him all sneaky like, cause it's already established that she is smart and a good fighter, she, she decides to snoop around and gets caught off guard.

For someone concerned with her survival, she is going out of her way and off her plan to get "revenge" on a guy who wanted her dead despite already killing a team of his men. She could be long gone and out of his worries for good. She could assume Meryl said she's dead because he doesn't want to look like he failed. And she doesn't even get her revenge properly. She gets curious and doesn't ambush him. Stupid.

Spoiler alertzz

In the real story, Michonne joins the group before Woodbury. She joins Rick and Glenn on a trip to find this helicopter that went down. There they find tracks leading to Woodbury. The guards welcome them in before taking them to the Governor and, right away, make it clear that they are not guests. The first thing the Governor does is cut off Rick's hand. It's instantly established that he is an evil **** and he wants to know where they came from so he can get their stuff. He then tortures Glenn and brutally rapes Michonne for days. When they finally escape, she leaves the group and goes to his apartment and waits to ambush him. She then brutally tortures him, cutting out an eye, cutting off an arm and soldering the wound close. She then sodomizes him and leaves him for dead. Motive and a reaction befitting her treatment.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
--------
Quote:
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Last edited by BmorePat87; 12-11-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11135

Quote:
This post makes me want to read the comics, damn you pat. I don't want the comics to ruin the show for me!
I can understand doing that. They really are a good read though...and being comics are very easy to breeze through! Do it!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73507

Quote:
I can understand doing that. They really are a good read though...and being comics are very easy to breeze through! Do it!
I agree. The comics are much different from the show as well. I have no idea what's going to happen with the constant switched roles and new characters involved
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 56334

I ended up going the quicker route and bought the Season 3 Streams off Amazon for 1.99 a piece - it was a good deal and quality was excellent. So I am all caught up!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 28733

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAXED View Post
I ended up going the quicker route and bought the Season 3 Streams off Amazon for 1.99 a piece - it was a good deal and quality was excellent. So I am all caught up!
no. one. cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

She seems to be more ticked about his brianwashing of the people than anything. She is a free person and wants the others to relaize how evil the governor really is. She is also probably even more ticked that Andrea (who they kind of make her seem as a love interest in the show) is being romantic with the gov too.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
no. one. cares.
Yeah you do.

You care

A LOT!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAXED View Post
She seems to be more ticked about his brianwashing of the people than anything. She is a free person and wants the others to relaize how evil the governor really is. She is also probably even more ticked that Andrea (who they kind of make her seem as a love interest in the show) is being romantic with the gov too.

You and your gaydar.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2710

The man title should be changed to "The Walking Dead Discussion" or something ! Anyways:

The Walking Deadí season 4 to start filming in 2013

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...t-filming-2013
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
The man title should be changed to "The Walking Dead Discussion" or something ! Anyways:

Leave it to you to bring the title up.

Anyhow, I can't change the way it looks on the main screen, only the way it looks once you click on it.

BTW

Anyone ever watch this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKxVuZ5kTpw
Old 12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Leave it to you to bring the title up.

Anyhow, I can't change the way it looks on the main screen, only the way it looks once you click on it.

BTW

Anyone ever watch this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKxVuZ5kTpw
Turn down Walking Dead for a hummer? Idiots.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

drunk Talking dead thread!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post

Yeah well Season 3 isnt over yet..... returning in 4 weeks?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: Talking dead thread!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Quote:
Yeah well Season 3 isnt over yet..... returning in 4 weeks?

Hell to the yeah!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
An eye for an eye

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
An eye for an eye

good job on reading the wording from the pic and typing it on here.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 218

Quote:
Arg. It's sooooo long from now.

Anyway though, anyone play the game? If so, what's up with final scene of the fifth part? I finished it and "WTH?"