Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666
Default Just something quick.

*Trade down pick up an extra 3rd*
Round 1: Ezekiel Ansah | DE | BYU
Round 2: Alec Ogletree | LB | UGA
Round 2: Kenny Vacarro | S | Texas
Round 3: Sean Porter | LB | Texas A&M
Round 3: Leon McFadden | CB | San Diego State
Round 4: Dennis Johnson | RB | Arkansas
Round 5: Cornelius Washington | DE | UGA
Round 6: Jordan Kovacs | S | Michigan
Round 6: Zac Stacy | RB | Vanderbilt
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4929
Default Re: Just something quick.

Not bad at all. First 4 picks look very solid. Only thing I would change is Ball as the RB. Kovacs is an intresting guy. Fantastic leader and I have never seen someone wring so much performance from such limited physical abilities.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Not bad at all. First 4 picks look very solid. Only thing I would change is Ball as the RB. Kovacs is an intresting guy. Fantastic leader and I have never seen someone wring so much performance from such limited physical abilities.
That's why I like Kovacs. Lunch pail type player who will cut his teeth on ST and maybe surprise you one day given the chance to play on the 1st team D.

As for Ball, eh. I went DJ because with BJGE turning it on and Leonard having a ROUGH year, DJ represents what we NEED at RB. He returns kicks and punts. He can block. He can catch. He is a shifty little **** to boot. He could be a 3-down NFL back when all is said and done IMO.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61

I personally consider Ansah + Ogletree to be one of the best possible starts to a draft.
Cornelius Washington is a good pick. I like Dennis Johnson.
It's anybody's guess where we'll pick a safety. So, good overall.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

A lot of folks are starting to think Ogletree will be a WLB in the NFL in the 4-3 and if that is the case, combined with his suspension and general lack of refinement at LB (was a S) the top of round 2 sounds perfect for him.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2528

I think it's extremely hopeful to expect Ogletree to fall out of the first. I can't wait to see him in the combine...he's gonna blow it up. Someone's gonna take the "risk"
Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
I think it's extremely hopeful to expect Ogletree to fall out of the first. I can't wait to see him in the combine...he's gonna blow it up. Someone's gonna take the "risk"
Maybe. But non-pass rushing LB tend to slide on draft day unless they are viewed as "can't miss" Ogletree isn't in that category.

Why do so few MLB go high?
Why do so few OLB in a 4-3 go high?
Especially the last several years.
Pass rush is at a premium and if Ogletree is viewed as a non-pass rushing LB, then he could very well be there in 2 (considering it will be a top 5 pick in the 2nd) factoring in his suspension and raw LB skills.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Maybe. But non-pass rushing LB tend to slide on draft day unless they are viewed as "can't miss" Ogletree isn't in that category.

Pass rush is at a premium and if Ogletree is viewed as a non-pass rushing LB, then he could very well be there in 2 (considering it will be a top 5 pick in the 2nd) factoring in his suspension and raw LB skills.
I agree to all of that. I'm actually just comparing the talent in the draft class in general (favorable to a talent like Ogletree), and teams with big needs at ILB (multiple that are picking mid-late first round), and what their biggest needs are.

Chicago has to replace Urlacher sometime. Pitt has Larry Foote starting I believe next to Timmons, Timmons is solid. We could DEFINITELY use a linebacker or two; and the Ravens have to replace Ray Lewis. Add in Houston to the mix (I don't think they're happy looking at IR and what they have on the field going into next season). That looks like one of those teams will take a stab, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3083

Quote:

Would like to say one thing. You stole my mock pretty much the same first 4 picks besides Vaccaro I like Tony Jefferson.

And I completely agree about the Linebacker thing. If it wasnt for both Baltimore and Pittsburg needing linebackers I would say CJ Mosley might be available at the top of the second with the Oakland pick.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Would like to say one thing. You stole my mock pretty much the same first 4 picks besides Vaccaro I like Tony Jefferson.

And I completely agree about the Linebacker thing. If it wasnt for both Baltimore and Pittsburg needing linebackers I would say CJ Mosley might be available at the top of the second with the Oakland pick.
If we happen to draft after Pittsburgh and/or Baltimore, there's a chance Mosley isn't even there for our first pick.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
A lot of folks are starting to think Ogletree will be a WLB in the NFL in the 4-3 and if that is the case, combined with his suspension and general lack of refinement at LB (was a S) the top of round 2 sounds perfect for him.
If he makes it past the Ravens in 1 I will be very excited. I am really hopeful that Reed's replacement is something they are looking for in 1 with Elam or Reid.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
If he makes it past the Ravens in 1 I will be very excited. I am really hopeful that Reed's replacement is something they are looking for in 1 with Elam or Reid.
I think Baltimore will go after Chase Thomas.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
I think Baltimore will go after Chase Thomas.
He would fit well for them. And that scares me.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
If we happen to draft after Pittsburgh and/or Baltimore, there's a chance Mosley isn't even there for our first pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
He would fit well for them. And that scares me.
I could deal with Thomas there. Ogletree, with his athleticism, speed, coverage skills, and untapped potential learning from Ray Lewis is something that would make me very nervous.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I could deal with Thomas there. Ogletree, with his athleticism, speed, coverage skills, and untapped potential learning from Ray Lewis is something that would make me very nervous.
Ogletree just doesnt seem like a good fit for them. They really need a strong side OLB. I'm guessing they take either Dion Jordan or Chase Thomas.