Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082
Default The real top 200

Russ Lande over at the football post has released his top 200 players. He ranks these players based purely on his own film study as a former NFL scout and on the input of current nfl scouts** (edited for clarity). His list is very interesting and if this is indeed true we could have what I would consider to be an insanely awesome draft.

link: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...?sct=hp_bf3_a2

the top 32:
Quote:
1. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
2. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
3. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
4. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
5. Dion Jordan, DE, Orgeon
6. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
7. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
8. Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
9. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
10. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
11. Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU
12. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
13. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
14. Jonathan Hankins, DT, OSU
15. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
16. Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame
17. Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
18. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
19. Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
20. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
21. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
22. Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
23. Quinton Patton, WR, LA Tech
24. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
25. Robert Woods, WR, USC
26. Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
27. Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
28. Geovani Bernard, RB, UNC
29. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
30. C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama
31. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
32. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
Note the big names that the scouts don't like. None of the QBs are listed there, and no Jarvis Jones. Health concerns and poor performance against the run in the SEC championship game have severely deflated his stock, Another interesting thing is that the scouts like Ogletree better then Te'o here. I still think Te'o goes top 10 though just on name recognition alone. Some GM is going to want that name draw. *cough* San Diego *cough*

Going off his rankings this is an off the cuff projected draft.

1. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
2. Eric Reid, Safety, LSU
2b. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
3. Michael Gillislee, RB, Florida
4. Shawn Williams, SS, Georgia
5.Tyran Mathieu, CB, LSU
6. Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
6. Colin Klein, QB, Kansas State

I could deal with that draft.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 12-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3777
Default Re: The real top 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Russ Lande over at the football post has released his top 200 players. He ranks these players based purely on film study and also heavily is influenced by nfl scouts opinions on these players. His list is very interesting and if this is indeed true we could have what I would consider to be an insanely awesome draft.

link: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...?sct=hp_bf3_a2

the top 32:

Note the big names that the scouts don't like. None of the QBs are listed there, and no Jarvis Jones. Health concerns and poor performance against the run in the SEC championship game have severely deflated his stock, Another interesting thing is that the scouts like Ogletree better then Te'o here. I still think Te'o goes top 10 though just on name recognition alone. Some GM is going to want that name draw. *cough* San Diego *cough*

Going off his rankings this is an off the cuff projected draft.

1. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
2. Eric Reid, Safety, LSU
2b. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
3. Michael Gillislee, RB, Florida
4. Shawn Williams, SS, Georgia
5.Tyran Mathieu, CB, LSU
6. Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
6. Colin Klein, QB, Kansas State

I could deal with that draft.
2b.
Their mock draft has Jarvis Jones going to Baltimore at 29. Before people call him going that low crazy they have to remember one good hit and he could be completely done with football. Its just one of those things they have to weigh in when drafting.

The Bengals take Kenny Vaccaro at 20.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-10-3639.html
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Their mock draft has Jarvis Jones going to Baltimore at 29. Before people call him going that low crazy they have to remember one good hit and he could be completely done with football. Its just one of those things they have to weigh in when drafting.

The Bengals take Kenny Vaccaro at 20.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-10-3639.html
I saw that. Keep in mind though that the draft was done a week before the article i linked to. Of course BPA will always be mixed with need, so the rankings aren't a true indicator of draft position. It was certainly an interesting thing to read from a former NFL scout though.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3777

Quote:
I saw that. Keep in mind though that the draft was done a week before the article i linked to. Of course BPA will always be mixed with need, so the rankings aren't a true indicator of draft position. It was certainly an interesting thing to read from a former NFL scout though.
Ya that's my favorite scout site because they do great in depth scouting reports. National Football Post and Draft Breakdown are the two best out there.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39200

Quote:
Note the big names that the scouts don't like. None of the QBs are listed there
Actually has Glennon as the top rated QB. I've said it before, this kid is gonna shoot up the draft boards.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3253

Vaccaro at 8 is interesting. I have a feeling he will end up the number 1 safety. The others that don't get enough recognition seem to be Patton at 23, Aboushi at 26, and White at 44
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
Vaccaro at 8 is interesting. I have a feeling he will end up the number 1 safety. The others that don't get enough recognition seem to be Patton at 23, Aboushi at 26, and White at 44
A kid from Fresno State named Phillip Thomas seems to be getting a great deal of hype lately as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...phillip-thomas

Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post

Patton is gonna be a stud.He would be good for us. One guy on nfl.com compared him to reggie wayne.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29515

Quote:
purely on film study and also heavily is influenced by nfl scouts opinions

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post

lol in retrospect that makes no sense. I was trying to say he studies film for himself and doesn't use other sites to aggregate his list. I will try to pretty that up in editing