Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2302
Default Who needs to do their job on Thursday night? Heath Evans breaks down the flaws in the

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...15-Do-your-job

Evans hates a little on our defense.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3083
Default Re: Who needs to do their job on Thursday night? Heath Evans breaks down the flaws in

More Emmanuel Lamur love he will be the starting WILL Linebacker next season. Its crazy to think that this is his first time ever playing Linebacker.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

You think he'll be starting next year?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 863
Default Re: Who needs to do their job on Thursday night? Heath Evans breaks down the flaws in

What position did Lemur previously play?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10028

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
It wouldn't shock me.

Who would have thought Burfict would start 12 games this year even with injuries?

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
More Emmanuel Lamur love he will be the starting WILL Linebacker next season. Its crazy to think that this is his first time ever playing Linebacker.
I too would be fine with him starting. Burfict in the middle, Lamur at WLB, and a draft pick at SLB.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1334

I like Lamur for the TE coverage he is able to give us with his speed, but not so sure that he can handle the run game at 230. Maybe in the offseason they beef him up some and he comes back bigger and stronger
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 39927

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I like Lamur for the TE coverage he is able to give us with his speed, but not so sure that he can handle the run game at 230. Maybe in the offseason they beef him up some and he comes back bigger and stronger
230 is plenty big enough for his position. In my opinion; speed, proper tackling technique, ability to avoid being bocked, and having one's self in position to make a play all outweigh the minimal benefits of "bulking up".

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
230 is plenty big enough for his position. In my opinion; speed, proper tackling technique, ability to avoid being bocked, and having one's self in position to make a play all outweigh the minimal benefits of "bulking up".
Yup. Heck, SS that weigh no more than 210 can put a hurtin on RBs with consistency. Let him stay at 230 so he keeps his coverage ability, and work on his technique against the run.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3083

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
It really depends on if how he handles TE, FB, and OLinemen during run plays because as a SS he was always the unblocked man. He came to the Bengals never playing linebacker in his career so it depends on how good the linebacker and defensive coaching is because he already does an excellent job in coverage which is the part most linebackers struggle with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Yup. Heck, SS that weigh no more than 210 can put a hurtin on RBs with consistency. Let him stay at 230 so he keeps his coverage ability, and work on his technique against the run.
It isnt the running backs that worry me about his size its the TE, FB, and Offensive Linemen firing straight at him off the line. If he gets to 240 and a full year with the Strength and Conditioning coaches and he will be fine.

Last edited by Synric; 12-13-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post

Good analysis, though. On third and 12, there didn't need to be two LBs on Witten on a two yard curl. Nelson slipped, and that is bad, but there should have been help. For whatever reason, the defense, when blitzing, didn't really get any more pressure than rushing the front four.

Taking that to tonight's game, don't blitz the rookie. Rush and get pressure with the front four. It shouldn't be too hard against that Eagles line. Cover Foles' outlet back, and force him to throw balls in to coverage. The Bengals LB corps simply does not rush the passer well. Stay in your pass lanes, and maybe pick off a tipped ball or two.

And as far as the Bengal's offense goes, I would run the heck out of the ball in the beginning, and wear them down before checking to some play action. I would consider giving Herron some carries as well, as Bleonard's strength is not between the tackles.

Young, Deep, Talented, and Driven. 12-4, AFC North Champs
This year, they make a run...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1561
bengals Re: Who needs to do their job on Thursday night? Heath Evans breaks down the flaws in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post

in case zim hasn't noticed, our secondary, his boyes are not very good at covering over the middle or down the seam. most teams get their yards on us that way.our front is okay, but the secondary is not.the eagles will exploit that tonight big time. no picks will mean a loss.had a chance to get three last week. came up with zero.whats up with that. need to practice that.we shall see.