Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726
Default Mendenhall Suspended.

The Steelers have suspended Mendenhall for Saturday's game with the Cowboys for "conduct detrimental to the team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...burgh-steelers

Apparently, they are miffed because Mendenhall did not show up to Chargers' game after being told ahead of time that he would not dress. Probably a line of BS. If the Steelers were suspending guys based on them NOT showing up for the Chargers, then 3/4 of their roster would be suspended.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13460
Default Re: Mendenhall Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
The Steelers have suspended Mendenhall for Saturday's game with the Cowboys for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Apparently, they are miffed because Mendenhall did not show up to Chargers' game after being told ahead of time that he would not dress. Probably a line of BS. If the Steelers were suspending guys based on them NOT showing up for the Chargers, then 3/4 of their roster would be suspended.
First off, eff you lol

Secondly I think Mendy had had an attitude problem which led to his benching to begin with. I never thought that move was based solely on poor performance.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 260

Quote:
If the Steelers were suspending guys based on them NOT showing up for the Chargers, then 3/4 of their roster would be suspended.
I see what you did there!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:

Mendenhall was placed on the non injured inactive roster for 2 weeks in a row, now a suspension. His contract is up after this off season. He probably didn't show up because he was updating his resume, or had an interview at McDonalds.

Scratch the interview at McDonalds, he would keep dropping the burgers.

Last edited by silenetwolf; 12-11-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18805

Quote:

Old 12-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
First off, eff you lol

Secondly I think Mendy had had an attitude problem which led to his benching to begin with. I never thought that move was based solely on poor performance.

Only 3/4? I think the only two that showed up were Ben and Timmons. Hell the coaching staff didn't even show up.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17725

Quote:
First off, eff you lol

Things appear to be falling apart at the seams over there. I thought Tomlin was the type of guy to get everyone on the same page?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Things appear to be falling apart at the seams over there. I thought Tomlin was the type of guy to get everyone on the same page?

Things are fine. Dwyer has proven himself and Mendy has also proven himself, which is why he is not going to be offered a new contract imo.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13460

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
And that its exactly what he is doing.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8638

Quote:
First off, eff you lol

Mendy got cut from my fantasy team, and trust me, it WAS for poor performance.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
Mendy got cut from my fantasy team, and trust me, it WAS for poor performance.

I also cut him.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post

I also cut him.

Steelers are also going to cut him.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Speaking of Fantasy players...I'm starting three Dolphins at the moment...I await the laughs that soon follow.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Speaking of Fantasy players...I'm starting three Dolphins at the moment...I await the laughs that soon follow.
Depends on which ones you're starting
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13047

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Pft, ever since Harvin went down I've alternated Josh Gordon and Cecil Shorts.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Depends on which ones you're starting

Reggie Bush against Jacksonville. Dolphin's D vs Jacksonville and Carpenter for Kicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Pft, ever since Harvin went down I've alternated Josh Gordon and Cecil Shorts.
I had Cecil Shorts TWICE, each time I cut him he had a good game. Ugh.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Things are fine. Dwyer has proven himself and Mendy has also proven himself, which is why he is not going to be offered a new contract imo.
Dwyer hasn't broken the 60 yard mark in 5 games, however. Still, he's the best the Steelers have right now. Mendenhall has a ton of talent, but he's got several screws loose and the fumbling problem he had as a rookie has resurface. Still, at only 25 years old, he's got plenty of tread left on his tires and will get another shot somewhere next year, although probably on the cheap given his poor season and now this.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
Dwyer hasn't broken the 60 yard mark in 5 games, however. Still, he's the best the Steelers have right now. Mendenhall has a ton of talent, but he's got several screws loose and the fumbling problem he had as a rookie has resurface. Still, at only 25 years old, he's got plenty of tread left on his tires and will get another shot somewhere next year, although probably on the cheap given his poor season and now this.
Hearing reports now that he's smoothed things over with the team, and according to his agent, the team still has him in their plans. Whatever that means, it was not specified this season or future.
Little confusing to me, possabily posturing by his agent. I wouldn't want him back unless it's real cheap as long as Dwyer continues to develop.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
Hearing reports now that he's smoothed things over with the team, and according to his agent, the team still has him in their plans. Whatever that means, it was not specified this season or future.
Little confusing to me, possabily posturing by his agent. I wouldn't want him back unless it's real cheap as long as Dwyer continues to develop.
He may still be in their plans for this year, because if he gets his fumbling under control, the Steelers will need him at the end of the year and the playoffs if they make it. However, I'd be extremely surprised to see them offer him a contract next year, especially with them already well over next year's cap. With Pittsburgh cap situation, I think most people assumed he would be gone next year since the beginning of the year.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29027

Quote:
They plan on letting him go...It's still a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10541

Oh look, the Bengals next project.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Mendenhall has three basic flaws. The most glaring is his ability to hold on to the ball, the second is he dances along the line instead of running north to south, and the third is that he is a terrible blocker.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1139

Quote:

hienz field just became a target of al qaeda
Old 12-16-2012, 09:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8270

Quote:
Only 3/4? I think the only two that showed up were Ben and Timmons. Hell the coaching staff didn't even show up.
I thought only we Palmer fanboys counted garbage time TDs as "showing up."
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
He may still be in their plans for this year, because if he gets his fumbling under control, the Steelers will need him at the end of the year and the playoffs if they make it. However, I'd be extremely surprised to see them offer him a contract next year, especially with them already well over next year's cap. With Pittsburgh cap situation, I think most people assumed he would be gone next year since the beginning of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
They plan on letting him go...It's still a plan.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...s-deal-sources

Now they're talking contract extension. Interesting. Definately an odd move.