Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1994

I blame this one on the players
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31811
Default Re: Bad coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertikus View Post
Dropped passes, lack of effort, stupid penalties and using all 3 timeouts by the beginning of the 4th quarter. Yes the players bare the brunt of the blame for the loss to the Plowboys. However, it is the Coach's responsibility to make sure that the players are ready to play. Did anyone notice AJ Green not even trying to go after the player who intercepted the pass meant for him? There is a clear lack of discipline on this team and the responsibility falls on Marvin Lewis. I know he's not going anywhere, but the team lacks a killer instinct that's needed to put teams away.
Really You can only put so much blame on the Coaches...

and this game i didnt see it. Maybe you could give the time outs as a bad coaching call but it was either time out or get caught with your pants down so to speak...

3 dropped passes that would have continued drives.
3 dropped interceptions that would have killed dallas drives.

Sounds to me like the game plan was working perfectly.. The players were not executing even close to perfect this loss is on the players.

Really blaming this game on the coaches would be like blaming Mike Brown for the Rain storm.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 12-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan6147 View Post
It's been a trend for 10 years....
Well "route" til your heart's content.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22397
bengals Re: Bad coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertikus View Post
Dropped passes, lack of effort, stupid penalties and using all 3 timeouts by the beginning of the 4th quarter. Yes the players bare the brunt of the blame for the loss to the Plowboys. However, it is the Coach's responsibility to make sure that the players are ready to play. Did anyone notice AJ Green not even trying to go after the player who intercepted the pass meant for him? There is a clear lack of discipline on this team and the responsibility falls on Marvin Lewis. I know he's not going anywhere, but the team lacks a killer instinct that's needed to put teams away.
Players were prepared and were put in positions of success continually throughout this game. They did not execute. So how do you blame Marvin for this? Maybe players that drop passes and cannot intercept a ball that hits them in those things on the end of their arms should be fired?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31811

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Players were prepared and were put in positions of success continually throughout this game. They did not execute. So how do you blame Marvin for this? Maybe players that drop passes and cannot intercept a ball that hits them in those things on the end of their arms should be fired?
Guys with Hands dont play D lol

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 231
Default from bleacher....

The Cincinnati Bengals may have just suffered its worst loss of the season against the Dallas Cowboys this past Sunday. The COACHING STAFF seemed to LACK the ABILITY to ADJUST to the game as it progressed.
Couldn't put it better myself! I know the game is in the past,BUT,if this happens again in the next three games, season over! BJE-12 carries 89yds 7.2 yd ave, and bench him late in the 3rd quarter.....coaches decision. Sure, we dropped alot of passes on offense, so why keep forcing the pass, with the lead, when the ground game was ripping the dallas defense a new one???
Is it totally the coaching staff, no, but, shouldnt you ADJUST to what the offense IS doing well, especially with the lead in the 4th qtr? If this kind of game adjustment, BY THE COACHING STAFF continues, stick a fork in us!
Here's to hoping we "adjust" in the next three games!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10716
Default Re: from bleacher....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel1972 View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals may have just suffered its worst loss of the season against the Dallas Cowboys this past Sunday. The COACHING STAFF seemed to LACK the ABILITY to ADJUST to the game as it progressed.
Couldn't put it better myself! I know the game is in the past,BUT,if this happens again in the next three games, season over! BJE-12 carries 89yds 7.2 yd ave, and bench him late in the 3rd quarter.....coaches decision. Sure, we dropped alot of passes on offense, so why keep forcing the pass, with the lead, when the ground game was ripping the dallas defense a new one???
Is it totally the coaching staff, no, but, shouldnt you ADJUST to what the offense IS doing well, especially with the lead in the 4th qtr? If this kind of game adjustment, BY THE COACHING STAFF continues, stick a fork in us!
Here's to hoping we "adjust" in the next three games!
I'd put about 25% of the blame on the coaching staff for this lost. 75% on players not executing.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17686

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post

+ 1

Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Bad coaching, why so often

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
+ 1gogogoand get better. not worse

yes, you are so right, the loss is the receivers fault for sure, but a coaching staff should be addressing the dropped passes BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND.NO WAY should that have continued.and besides andy dalton threw the ball behind some and over some. so it also rests on him and he should be in his receivers arse and he never does, he just walks away. that is not leadership.he lacks that and because of that he will never be an elite qb until he changes that.and the coaching staff is to blame for not running the law firm in the last 7 minutes.i totally blame jay gruden for this. bad playcalling by the coaches.we lost this game and should have never came to this. this lost is totally unacceptable and just horrible by all involved.we DESERVE BETTER, BUT we never get better.
we are just so bad at winning when we should
Old 12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Really You can only put so much blame on the Coaches...

and this game i didnt see it. Maybe you could give the time outs as a bad coaching call but it was either time out or get caught with your pants down so to speak...

3 dropped passes that would have continued drives.
3 dropped interceptions that would have killed dallas drives.

Sounds to me like the game plan was working perfectly.. The players were not executing even close to perfect this loss is on the players.

Really blaming this game on the coaches would be like blaming Mike Brown for the Rain storm.
really, say what you want about this coaching staff, but in all realitiy, they are too blame for where we are today. if we had a top nfl coaching staff, we would be leading this division.this staff is very stale. when the receivers started playing so bad, a timeout should have been called and the entire coaching staff should have addressed this bad play. players respond to coaches.these players know how to work this bunch and it is way over time to get a better coaching staff.look at the pats, the ravens,the steelers and so on. this crap would never be allowed and would be addressed. you watch and learn, tonight against the eagles this coaching staff will allow them to hang around, but if was the pats or ravens or steelers, they would put them away early.its maddening really, the eagles will make a game of it and it should never come to that.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
If you can, watch it again. Watch AJ cut his route short. He pulls up instead of finishing his cut.
tired of hearing how great aj is. he has started to read and hear his press clippings.the guy laid down big time against the cowboys.andy dalton needs to show better leadership. i don't think he has that. its not his makeup.great qbs can play super and lead.no way should the bengals lose to the eagles, but i feel like they will allow them to hang around. all of you know if this was the steelers going to play in philly, they would put the eagles away early. that is the difference in us and them. no killer instinct.the bengals will allow the eagles to hang around and if they do, they could easily lose this game.nothing surprises me anymore. this coaching staff should have our team ready to kill someone. we shall see. i have no faith in them. we have as good if not better talent as anyone in the nfl. we NEED BETTER COACHING.believe that.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 895

Caoch Lewis was not on the field for:
a) the dropped passes
b) the terrible play of the defence.

As many Jungle Noise advocates have stated, the 2012 iteration of the Cincinnati Bengals are playoff bound. With the performance of Sunday past, the 2012 Cincinnati Bengals revealed their true character, mediocre and lacking leadership.

In defence of the Cincinnati Bengals, the game was "exciting" as a Cincinnati Bengal fan. The game held my attention all 80 minutes but the outcome was the worst for the franchise.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
really, say what you want about this coaching staff, but in all realitiy, they are too blame for where we are today. if we had a top nfl coaching staff, we would be leading this division.this staff is very stale. when the receivers started playing so bad, a timeout should have been called and the entire coaching staff should have addressed this bad play. players respond to coaches.these players know how to work this bunch and it is way over time to get a better coaching staff.look at the pats, the ravens,the steelers and so on. this crap would never be allowed and would be addressed. you watch and learn, tonight against the eagles this coaching staff will allow them to hang around, but if was the pats or ravens or steelers, they would put them away early.its maddening really, the eagles will make a game of it and it should never come to that.
Um, the ravens lost to the eagles. The both the steelers and ravens lost last week to teams we have beaten. So maybe you should calm down and quit trying to make it seem like the bengals are worthless and the steelers and ravens are fantastic, because it's not really the case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: 2nd half timeouts Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Not bad clock management, Marvin clock management.
another terrible lost that should have NEVER HAPPENED!!! no other team in football does this crap.this one will be remembered and felt for a long long time. its maddening really. we fans should never have to put up with this crap.its poor coaching. players respond to coaching, or lack there of.this coaching staff is stale. i believe jay gruden is trying to do a great job here, but we are paying for his learning mistakes, and andy dalton needs a full-time quarterbacks coach. when you play in the nfl, to get better, you need top coaching.he is not getting that.he is making the same mistakes late in the season.part of the lost is his fault. the interception. his running to the right all the time and NEVER finding anyone to throw to.its maddening. if he is going to run, run TOWARDS THE END ZONE AND GET SOME PICKING YARDS, DUDE.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Um, the ravens lost to the eagles. The both the steelers and ravens lost last week to teams we have beaten. So maybe you should calm down and quit trying to make it seem like the bengals are worthless and the steelers and ravens are fantastic, because it's not really the case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
THE teams i have mentioned on here have been consistnet winners, that is all i am saying. last i looked, our team has done nothing in the playoffs last zillion years. i just want a winner, just like you do. i want to be proud of our team, i do not want to hammer them all season, but as a fan like you i do not see us in the super bowl this year.we will once again get to watch some other team with less talent than us play in new orleans.thats all i am saying. i just want a winner.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: 2nd half timeouts Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Yeah Marvin used em up quick. All around we gave a **** poor effort maintaining the game.

Terence Newman- Should have had a pick, and if he knew how to play the ball on his 2nd int attempt he would of had 2 picks.

Chris Crocker- Should have had a pick if he played the ball better.

Nate Clements- Should have had a pick when Romo threw a blooper.

Aj Green- Dropped a TD right in his hands, & dropped a pass for a first down. Aj knows better than to drop those.

Andrew Hawkins- Dropped a crucial 1st down catch, & dropped another one.

Andy Dalton- Forced a throw that he shouldn't have, and was throwing the ball high. He needs to relax & work on the deep ball. Throw a line drive instead of popping it up in the air.

Kevin Zeitler- Gave up two sacks at crucial moments. Gave up a sack on 3rd down towards the end of the game.

-DB's need to just catch the ball and stop getting ansy when they see a pick opportunity.

well said for sure. you hit it on the head.why does this crap happen all the pickin time. there is no way we should be where we are. this team has underprefromed this season. have we put a 40 point up on anyone yet. it should happen tonight. the pats would, the ravens. would. and we should.

-
yes yes yes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
tired of hearing how great aj is. he has started to read and hear his press clippings.the guy laid down big time against the cowboys.andy dalton needs to show better leadership. i don't think he has that. its not his makeup.great qbs can play super and lead.no way should the bengals lose to the eagles, but i feel like they will allow them to hang around. all of you know if this was the steelers going to play in philly, they would put the eagles away early. that is the difference in us and them. no killer instinct.the bengals will allow the eagles to hang around and if they do, they could easily lose this game.nothing surprises me anymore. this coaching staff should have our team ready to kill someone. we shall see. i have no faith in them. we have as good if not better talent as anyone in the nfl. we NEED BETTER COACHING.believe that.
Then quit listening. AJ is extremely great. You will continue to hear that as long as he plays in the NFL. And one day, you'll see him voted in the HOF. He is already better than any WR we've ever had. He does something that most of our "great" wide receivers never did.... BLOCK.

The man has a bad game. We still shouldn't have lost regardless. So many dropped interceptions. The right defense was called for those supposed to be interceptions. The right offense was called for those supposed-to-be touchdowns. The players didn't execute. I don't care who's coaching, they can't control all of those drops. Now I bet they rode those players pretty hard these past few days. We'll win tonight and everyone in WHODEYVILLE will be happy again.

Last edited by wildcatnku24; 12-13-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
If you can, watch it again. Watch AJ cut his route short. He pulls up instead of finishing his cut.
I second that shady and I agree.b Green did not sell his route. I dvr the game and have looked at it plenty times. Carr made a good move off of watching green run his route while paying attention to dalton. It reminded me of when alot of daltons ints went to caldwell. Simply because caldwell didnt finish his routes.

Dalton throws to Green, TOUCHDOWN!!!
!!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

I blame the coaches for killing the chemistry on the O line, by putting Cook back in.

We went for having a dominate O line to getting dominated.

What was the difference?

Alexander got a brillant plan to rotate Centers. The Center set the timing for the O line, and that is what makes everyone move as one. That is the Chemistry of a good O line. This switching Centers back and forth is stupid and is killing the O line.

That hurts the entire offense, and cost us the Cowboys game, and almost cost us the game tonight in Philly.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president