Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7592
Default Re: our playoff position is better with a loss to eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
If Ravens clinch division they wont be playing starters very much. eagles game is only relevant for trying to win division still or possibly catching colts. we lose this week and win next week we pretty much guranteed a playoff spot. whereas a win next 2 weeks means we face a tougher week 17 opponent.
I don't agree....I see no upside to losing....I see no upside to falling to 7-7.

We can climb to 8-6, thats something postive to shoot for

We can go 3-1 against the NFC East, thats something positive to shoot for.

We can avoid falling into another losing streak, thats something positive to shoot for.

We can try to finish on a 3 game winning streak, thats something positive to shoot for.

I see no reason for wanting to lose Thursday Night...You don't make the play-offs by losing games.....You make the play-offs making the other teams lose games.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Quote:
If Ravens clinch division they wont be playing starters very much. eagles game is only relevant for trying to win division still or possibly catching colts. we lose this week and win next week we pretty much guranteed a playoff spot. whereas a win next 2 weeks means we face a tougher week 17 opponent.
I think I would rather win out.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359

You play to win the game!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

Are you serious? You NEVER want to lose a game.

If by some miracle we win Thursday and by an even bigger miracle Dallas beats Pittsburgh we would go into the Steeler game being able to clinch a playoff berth with a victory (we would be 2 games ahead with 1 to play). This is where choking against Dallas is killing us - with that win we would actually have been able to go into the Steeler game with a potential 2 game lead - in that scenario beating either the Steelers or the Rats would have gotten us in (in addition a Steeler loss to the Browns would have done so too).
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3748

slow news day?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
You're overthinking it. Plain and simple its always good to win and bad to lose when you are in the playoff hunt.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: our playoff position is better with a loss to eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
This guy has no clue what he talking about.....Thats it lets fall to 7AND 7 that will give us a better chance to get in the playoffs ....Then pitt beats dallas and the browns last game of the season ...Even if we beat the steelers where done....You allways try to win the division it gives you a home game or a bye ....I say some dumb stuff on here but this guy just whent right of the charts
You need to look real close to what he said, it is hard to make out, but he is right.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 974

The premise of the question "our playoff position is better with a loss to eagles" is firmly based on stupidity.

Any loss in a National Football League schedule reflects bad play, poor coaching and missed opportunities. I for one do not wish to view a Cincinnati Bengals schedule where bad play, poor coaching and missed opportunities are the outcome of the 16 engagements that are scheduled in the National Football League season.

That being said, my 2012 preseason prediction has the Cincinnati Bengals losing consectutive matches against the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The premise of the question "our playoff position is better with a loss to eagles" is firmly based on stupidity..
The 2012 American Football Conference Cincinnati Bengals in conjunction with the National Football League have determined that isn't actually a question, just as I said in my 2012 preseason grammar predictions.