Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28022
Default Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christm...er..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
My sister-in-law graduated from a Bible college and told me that it's accepted that Jesus was born sometime in the spring. Most likely April. As for the people claiming that Christianity is a rip off of paganism, how do you know? Something you read or some youtube videos? I've seen some pretty convincing 9/11 conspiracy videos. Doesn't mean it's true.

Unfortunately, paganism infiltrated the Christian religion a long... long time ago, but that does not mean that paganism or any other religion preceded Christianity. There simply is no proof. Period. You guys could provide 10 links, and I could provide you 10 more saying the contrary. As much as you want it to be so, there is no proof that Christianity is untrue or based on another religion. But continue on with your hate filled slam-fest.
Weather or not Christianity is a rip off of Pagan rituals or not is neither here nor there for me...However it is without question that Pagan rituals existed looooooooog before Christianity. It is without question that the Christmas holiday was used by early Christians to placate the pagan converts. Seriously...Christianity is only a little over/under 2000 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29932

Quote:
My sister-in-law graduated from a Bible college and told me that it's accepted that Jesus was born sometime in the spring. Most likely April. As for the people claiming that Christianity is a rip off of paganism, how do you know? Something you read or some youtube videos? I've seen some pretty convincing 9/11 conspiracy videos. Doesn't mean it's true.

Unfortunately, paganism infiltrated the Christian religion a long... long time ago, but that does not mean that paganism or any other religion preceded Christianity. There simply is no proof. Period. You guys could provide 10 links, and I could provide you 10 more saying the contrary. As much as you want it to be so, there is no proof that Christianity is untrue or based on another religion. But continue on with your hate filled slam-fest.
I slam all religions equally.... Because of their ultimate purpose control

But there is plenty of proof of religions that predate Christainity. The pagans had many holidays that were turned into something different to try and discredit their celebrations.

There are tales written in Stone that tell of the older religions. But i can show you all the facts i want but cant force you to listen or understand. just like leading a horse to water but not making it drink.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs some people believe what they are told to others research and believe what they find to be true.
You have a Merry Christmas....

So tell me this if its so accepted he was born in spring why take over december 25 as his birthday?

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 12-06-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Negative..... Please provide birth cert...
They won't provide the original in Hawaii.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19496

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Oh look! Another thread where believers and non-believers argue and bash eachother. Boy, you just can't get enough of this type of stuff! Keep it coming, and BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone. Whatever you believe, or don't believe, I hope we all have a safe Holiday Season, and enjoy time with family and friends.

Carry on.
Look man, If you don't like it....you don't have to respond to it. Merry Christmas to you as well though.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Well,...where do you learn things? Is it not from things that you're taught, and things that you read? Youtube is a completely unreliable source, but I'll take the facts put forth in real books any day. Why? Because they can be backed up with evidence. You can choose not to believe these things if you want to, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Well,...where do you learn things? Is it not from things that you're taught, and things that you read? Youtube is a completely unreliable source, but I'll take the facts put forth in real books any day. Why? Because they can be backed up with evidence. You can choose not to believe these things if you want to, but that doesn't mean it's not true.
Other books tell me your books are incorrect. In the end, you believe what you choose to believe.

Btw, add me to those that like Cupcakes better Ron Mexico.

That nickname just makes me think of Mike Vick. Cupcakes > Vick.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13214

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
This^^^
^^^^^ This the thissing.

Religion and public do not mix.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Look man, If you don't like it....you don't have to respond to it. Merry Christmas to you as well though.
I was poking fun, but if you took offense, sorry. I'll be more careful where I toss out my sarcastic humor.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I slam all religions equally.... Because of their ultimate purpose control

But there is plenty of proof of religions that predate Christainity. The pagans had many holidays that were turned into something different to try and discredit their celebrations.

There are tales written in Stone that tell of the older religions. But i can show you all the facts i want but cant force you to listen or understand. just like leading a horse to water but not making it drink.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs some people believe what they are told to others research and believe what they find to be true.
You have a Merry Christmas....

So tell me this if its so accepted he was born in spring why take over december 25 as his birthday?
I have no idea really. I think some sect of the Church chose the winter solstice as the point in time to celebrate the birth of Christ. Not sure exactly why, I just know that it's not accurate. That could have something to do with paganism's influence on the Catholic Church a long time ago. A more recent example of pagan influence would be the Easter bunny. It represents the pagan goddess of fertility.

As for proof? Not buying it. You can term it how you want to make yourself feel better or smarter (leading a horse to water), but there is no sure fire proof that Christianity is not the oldest religion. You bring up some writing on a rock? How exactly did they date that? What did it say? Like I said, you can find 10 links that say other religions predated Christianity, and I can find 10 links that say they did not.

In the end, you believe what you want.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 12-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25495
Thumbs up Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christm...er..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
Christmas is celebrating the Birth of Christ..We give gifts because the wise men gave gifts to our saviour..We sing because the Shepards and angels sang the night he was born..If you don't want to see my nativity scene then I don't want to see your Santa!

Atleast you know what is going on here, nice post.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I have no idea really. I think some sect of the Church chose the winter solstice as the point in time to celebrate the birth of Christ. Not sure exactly why, I just know that it's not accurate. That could have something to do with paganism's influence on the Catholic Church a long time ago. A more recent example of pagan influence would be the Easter bunny. It represents the pagan goddess of fertility.

As for proof? Not buying it. You can term it how you want to make yourself feel better or smarter (leading a horse to water), but there is no sure fire proof that Christianity is not the oldest religion. You bring up some writing on a rock? How exactly did they date that? What did it say? Like I said, you can find 10 links that say other religions predated Christianity, and I can find 10 links that say they did not.

In the end, you believe what you want.
Well, technically there is some sure-fire proof that Christianity wasn't the first religion.....in the bible. Jesus was a Jew. Bam! Pre-dating Christianity.

I believe you're only talking about pagan style stuff though, in which case,....no, it cannot be proven. It's nearly impossible to prove things like that because the historical evidence is lacking. There is some, but it can be easily discredited, and most often times is. Based on the evidence I've read about, and been taught about, I would say that a lot of Christian practices and principles are based on previous belief systems. BUT.....I'm not forcing you to believe that. If you dig the bible, then hey....more power to you. As long as you remain a good person, I'm cool with it.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I was poking fun, but if you took offense, sorry. I'll be more careful where I toss out my sarcastic humor.
lol....and I'll be more careful when I toss it back. I make posts like this all the time, and since I do it to all the randoms, I thought I'd throw it to you as well. Seriously though...merry nothingmas.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Other books tell me your books are incorrect. In the end, you believe what you choose to believe.

Btw, add me to those that like Cupcakes better Ron Mexico.

That nickname just makes me think of Mike Vick. Cupcakes > Vick.
Well, we'll just agree to disagree on the subject. It's just better that way.

EVERYONE hates the new name though. If I wanted to be a pain in the ***, I'd ask Bengals_Moderator to switch it back. For now, I'll ride it out for a while. And yes....Cupcakes > Vick. All damned day.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, technically there is some sure-fire proof that Christianity wasn't the first religion.....in the bible. Jesus was a Jew. Bam! Pre-dating Christianity.

I believe you're only talking about pagan style stuff though, in which case,....no, it cannot be proven. It's nearly impossible to prove things like that because the historical evidence is lacking. There is some, but it can be easily discredited, and most often times is. Based on the evidence I've read about, and been taught about, I would say that a lot of Christian practices and principles are based on previous belief systems. BUT.....I'm not forcing you to believe that. If you dig the bible, then hey....more power to you. As long as you remain a good person, I'm cool with it.
How do you know that the "previous" belief systems actually preceded Christianity? Perhaps the other similar religions based their practices on Christianity. There's no way of knowing really. It's all pretty muddled. Either way, this is my last post. I prefer to avoid this section because I always find people I like on JN in here bashing Christians (not just you). It's unfortunate, but it is what it is I guess. We're still cool on other things.

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Dude, you just corrected Morning Star's mistaken belief Jesus was born in December. Why the hate filled slam-fest?

How does your sister-in-law know Jesus was born in the spring? Something she read in a book? Doesn't mean it's true.

If people should be wary of what they read in books, why do you believe what you read in a book called The Bible?

Quote:
Unfortunately, paganism infiltrated the Christian religion a long... long time ago, but that does not mean that paganism or any other religion preceded Christianity. There simply is no proof. Period. You guys could provide 10 links, and I could provide you 10 more saying the contrary. As much as you want it to be so, there is no proof that Christianity is untrue or based on another religion.
What proof is there Christianity is true? The Bible? Well, you made it pretty clear how you feel about believing what you read in books already.

As to your claim there isn't any proof other religions predate Christianity, I suggest you read a book called The Bible. Specifically, The Old Testament which details the religion of Judaism. It also chronicles the land of and people of Egypt. What do you know about the religion of ancient Egypt? Next you can read The New Testament which documents citizens of the Roman Empire during the life of Jesus. What religion did these Romans follow during biblical times? But, like you've already stated just because you read something in a book doesn't mean it is true.

I guess that is why monotheism was such a radical idea about 2,000 years ago, because according to your suggestion up until the time of Jesus and The Great Commission there weren't any other religions. And we don't have proof these other religions existed like for example; the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Egyptian Pyramids, Greek and Roman temples to their gods.

Quote:
But continue on with your hate filled slam-fest.
The closest comment I've read to being hate filled was Morning Star writing he is offended by the sight of Santa Claus and also if someone tells him "Season's Greetings." Could you imagine what would happen if someone dressed as Santa told Morning Star "Season's Greetings"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJ8WrKnLUs
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
How do you know that the "previous" belief systems actually preceded Christianity?
Because The Old Testament is ripped off from the Hebrew Tanakh and The New Testament tells the story of Christ.

"Old" and "New" are in the titles and I thought they were kinda self-explanatory.

That is if you believe what you read.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Dude, you just corrected Morning Star's mistaken belief Jesus was born in December. Why the hate filled slam-fest?

How does your sister-in-law know Jesus was born in the spring? Something she read in a book? Doesn't mean it's true.

If people should be wary of what they read in books, why do you believe what you read in a book called The Bible?

What proof is there Christianity is true? The Bible? Well, you made it pretty clear how you feel about believing what you read in books already.

As to your claim there isn't any proof other religions predate Christianity, I suggest you read a book called The Bible. Specifically, The Old Testament which details the religion of Judaism. It also chronicles the land of and people of Egypt. What do you know about the religion of ancient Egypt? Next you can read The New Testament which documents citizens of the Roman Empire during the life of Jesus. What religion did these Romans follow during biblical times? But, like you've already stated just because you read something in a book doesn't mean it is true.

I guess that is why monotheism was such a radical idea about 2,000 years ago, because according to your suggestion up until the time of Jesus and The Great Commission there weren't any other religions. And we don't have proof these other religions existed like for example; the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Egyptian Pyramids, Greek and Roman temples to their gods.

The closest comment I've read to being hate filled was Morning Star writing he is offended by the sight of Santa Claus and also if someone tells him "Season's Greetings." Could you imagine what would happen if someone dressed as Santa told Morning Star "Season's Greetings"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJ8WrKnLUs
1. You're free to believe what you read in books, but I am as well.

2. I'm fully aware the Judaism preceded Christianity. My bad, you caught me there. Seeing how Judaism produced Christianity, I guess I wasn't considering that it is it's own religion as well. Congrats.

3. Are you aware that Christians follow the Old Testament as well? What other religions are referenced in the Old Testament?

4. As for what I said about this being a "hate filled slam-fest", that's generally what any Christian themed thread in Klotch is. At least 10-20 angry atheists showing their azzes for each other while ripping on MS and using his relatively harmless statements as fuel.

And with that, I'm seriously out and I will be unsubscribing from this thread. No point in all this anyway. Have fun with your Christianity bashing, and Merry Christmas.

Quote:
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 12-07-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
How do you know that the "previous" belief systems actually preceded Christianity? Perhaps the other similar religions based their practices on Christianity. There's no way of knowing really. It's all pretty muddled. Either way, this is my last post. I prefer to avoid this section because I always find people I like on JN in here bashing Christians (not just you). It's unfortunate, but it is what it is I guess. We're still cool on other things.
I don't KNOW that they did, but I've spent some time studying it in my life, and I BELIEVE they did. I don't know why you're so bent out of shape about that. It's not like I'm telling you that you aren't allowed to follow your religion as you currently do, I'm just stating my opinion on it. I even said...."Agree to disagree", because I didn't feel like going on about it. You're obviously a bit offended by the whole issue, so I decided it would be better to just drop it.

Could you be right? Sure. Do I think you are? No. I'm not sure how this is all "bashing Christians".

Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
The maturity level of this post is part of the reason I avoid this section. Wow, you think you pinpointed some contradictions in my post. I bet that made your day right?

1. You're free to believe what you read in books, but I am as well.

2. I'm fully aware the Judaism preceded Christianity. My bad, you caught me there. Feel good? Seeing how Judaism produced Christianity, I guess I wasn't considering that it is it's own religion as well. Congrats.

3. Are you aware that Christians follow the Old Testament as well? What other religions are referenced in the Old Testament?

4. As for what I said about this being a "hate filled slam-fest", that's generally what any Christian themed thread in Klotch is. At least 10-20 angry atheists showing their azzes for each other while ripping on MS and using his relatively harmless statements as fuel. Gotta admit he makes it easy on you guys at times. Bet you have fun with that right? Just keeping it real.

And with that, I'm seriously out and I will be unsubscribing from this thread. No point in all this anyway. Have fun with your Christianity bashing, and Merry Christmas.
1. You're the one who wrote just because you read something in a book doesn't make it true.

2. Judaism precedes Christianity. Check. Ever heard of Homer's The Iliad? It was written approximately 800 years before Christ's birth. The Iliad includes information concerning the ancient Greek's polytheistic religion. Paganism predates Christianity. Check.

3. However, with the New Covenant...not so much. I think there are over 30 different pagan gods mentioned in The Bible.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dicti...ses-pagan.html

4. This time you corrected him, too. "Hate filled slam-fest" is hyperbole unless you can show me a single hate filled comment.

5. Buh-bye. Happy Hanukkah.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
lol....and I'll be more careful when I toss it back. I make posts like this all the time, and since I do it to all the randoms, I thought I'd throw it to you as well. Seriously though...merry nothingmas.
I took that seriously. And didn't see it coming.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
So, do atheists exchange gifts on Christmas?

Should atheists get that day off from work?
Monday a Jewish co-worker gave me a Christmas gift.

Do you want me to tell him to stop exchanging Christmas gifts because he isn't Christian?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17495

* Jesus Christ was not born on Dec 25.

* Christmas is full of pagan traditions.

* Satan is fooling most with Christmas[Santa, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, etc,etc].

All this crap is man made, we had no Santa, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, wreaths, when Christ was around.

* People need to do research on Christmas roots. Many people are like sheep and just follow tradition.

Christmas = Easter = Pagan traditions

Jeremiah 10:2 KJV Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3* For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4* They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good

* I am a God fearing Christian!!!!!!!

Last edited by BengalYankee; 12-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

I just thought it was extremely ironic.

Everybody knows Santa's legend was born from psychedelic mushrooms...

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2...-mushroom.html
http://www.npr.org/2010/12/24/132260...eindeer-flying
http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/events/depa...elic-mushroom/
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3343

ALL religious celebrations should be kept off Public grounds. Do what you want on your own private property. But keep crosses, nativity scenes, menorahs and all others off public lands.