Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468
Default Re: Only Bengals "fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Dallas is the hottest team in the NFC winning 4 out their last 5 games. Which team in the NFC is hotter? Except maybe Washington.
leading up to the game I admittedly downplayed them based on who they beat in those weeks but a win over a winless team is still the same over a team against an undefeated team, it's 1 win and Dallas has 4 of them out of their last 5 games as well
Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10577

Were not the Giants in a similar situation last season ?

Anything is possible if you are still in the hunt this time of year. Last time checked, the Bengals were still in the hunt.

Got a feeling that we win at Pittsburgh this year though and ben had better sit this one out. Because not sure even a kevlar shoulder pad will help him when Geno comes a sacking.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

I've been as frustrated with this years team as any I can remember. Knowing we have the talent to win these games is what ****** me off.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28677

Happy we have a CHANCE to break some ugly streaks.

Disappointed that a team that leads the NFL in sacks and has Dalton and Green on offense is struggling to make the playoffs.

Seems pretty simple to me, and I promise I love this team.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 38581

I back any Bengals fans right to be negative until we actually do something, anything, and they still cry about it.

That said, Sunday is over, it's game day. That bad taste is about to get washed away.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
This team is on the verge of back to back winning seasons, and back to back playoffs for the first time in 30 years and the negativity on the board is rampant.
Half full version ... they are on the verge of missing the playoffs.

They **** on National TV, and they can't seem to win big games. I have a hard time seeing them win tonight, but they have the talent to do so.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
This team is on the verge of back to back winning seasons, and back to back playoffs for the first time in 30 years and the negativity on the board is rampant.

Maybe cause we see the same crap YET AGAIN and are tired of it.

Could that be why??
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21043

Ugh....more 'better fan than you' talk. Look, there is negativity on these boards because this is the internet. There is a large amount of people that don't think in the same manner that you do about things. So when people get negative about a team, or certain issues about it, I really don't see a problem.

Let the people that want to be negative do so, then when/if the Bengals make the playoffs, you can come back and rub it in their face. Or you could wait until they win their first playoff game in nearly 25 years....

7-6 and on the outside of the playoffs looking in isn't all that much to be positive about.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
It would be the first time ever in full seasons, but we still control our own destiny regardless of tonight's outcome and you're right, people act like we need 4 other teams to lose in order to make it, in fact it was exactly 1 year ago last year we lost a game almost exactly similar to Dallas

- Bengals 7-5 entering the game
- Bengals playing host to opponent from Texas
- Bengals had 4th quarter lead
- Bengals let halfback dissapear in 2nd half (Benson went from 91 yards at half to 87 for game, Green Ellis doesnt see 1 carry in last 12 minutes despite 12 carries and 89 yards)
- Bengals give up final drive to opposing team
- Bengals give up score on final play of the game
- Bengals lose 20-19
- Bengals end up 7-6

Except last year, we didnt control our own Destiny, won 2 of the last 3 games and made it anyway, this year we do control our own destiny and dont have to worry about the other teams results in order to make it, if Cincinnati beats Philadelphia and Dallas beats Pittsburgh this week it's simply win and we're in next week

I honestly didnt even remember that,,,but how sad is that? Same scenario and SAME thing happens,,,RB kicking butt then all the sudden we just give up on him,,,this happened with rudi back in 04 or05 against the steelers he ripped off like 80-90 yards in first half then had like 6 carries the whole 2nd half for hardly any yards. This HC is a total moron.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Also couldn't beat a depleted Cowboys team. However, they did have a convincing win over the Giants and then won on the road at San Diego. The same San Diego team that just destroyed the Steelers. There is some promise with this team but what I really want to see to convince me they are for real is wins over both the Steelers and Ravens to finish the season. Dalton has yet to beat them but if he does then I think the team has officially turned the corner. If they do that it would mean:

1.) 7 wins in the last 8 games
2.) back to back winning records
3.) back to back playoff appearances

All 3 of those are very significant in my eyes and should lay to rest whether the Bengals are for real or not.

None of those will lay to rest whether this team is for real or not,,,the only thing that will do that is when we start to beat REAL teams, and NOT lose to scrub teams,,,and actually WIN a playoff game. I dont care if we go to the playoffs 5 yrs in a row it does no good if we never go anywhere in them.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Actually thought optimists would rally around this thread. Nope.

I see a team that got the win they needed to boost their confidence by blowing out the defending Super Bowl Champs. I see a team that might have learned a lesson on how to end a game by losing to Dallas. The Cleveland and Dolphins losses? Sure, they were bad. And so was the steelers loss to Oakland and New England's loss to Arizona...at home. Virtually all teams have letdowns, bad losses, etc. The teams that make deep runs in the playoffs are the ones that have learned from them and are able to grow and improve.

I have said it a number of times: I absolutely love this team. I love the character, talent, and energy of this team. They are very young, but they got in to the playoffs last year and gained some experience. They have had ups and downs this year and have gained more experience.

After they beat Philly tonight, they will have a full 10 days to prepare for pissburg. Remember the last time they had extra time to prepare? The Giants sure do.

And for the first time in the Marvin Lewis Era, they would actually enter the playoffs riding a wave of momentum. They could draw the Ravens in week 1, and I think the Bengals would be a real challenge for their depleted defense. Then they could get the Broncos, and the Bengals are the last team to give them a real threat. Anyone else think Manning might not play so well in the playoffs if it is outdoors in January? His record says so. And then you could have either New England or the Texans with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Sure, New England's offense is scary good right now, but they are doing it against depleted defenses. And the Texan's? Balanced, but I would like a re-match against them either way.

No one saw New England coming against the Rams. No one saw the Giants coming last year at 9-7. No one saw the Packers coming two years ago when they were 7-7. This team has talent, health, and now some real (albeit painful) game experiences to draw on for the remainder of the season.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you will join us, and steeler nation can eat **** as one. Sorry, it was all that came to mind.

Who Dey!

Where do you people come from? Seriously? So now not only are we gonna make the playoffs, we are going to beat the ravens, broncos, and pats, to go to the SB???
Old 12-13-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Actually, that's the definition of not controlling your own destiny
We DID control our own destiny....until we bungled the cowboy game.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-13-2012, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1280

Almost game time, and I am so nervous!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8789

Any team in the hunt usually tries to play smart football coupled with the desire to really want it badly. The lack of one can seriously negate the other.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. That’s the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44442

Heck yeah, I'm dead ahead on the Bengals winning out and reaching the playoffs for back to back years. Besides, I just attended my last class meeting for my degree. I'm full of optimism right now!! Well, optimism and liquor!!!

Who Dey!!

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Heck yeah, I'm dead ahead on the Bengals winning out and reaching the playoffs for back to back years. Besides, I just attended my last class meeting for my degree. I'm full of optimism right now!! Well, optimism and liquor!!!

Who Dey!!
Yay liquor!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Any team in the hunt usually tries to play smart football coupled with the desire to really want it badly. The lack of one can seriously negate the other.
Giggles can only play smart football on accident.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6;I d
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH we are ALL....on the winning side....I do agree

Last edited by Hardhat; 12-14-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: ALL...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5709

Quote:
Technically we've been on the "verge" before (2006) but ended 8-8.

Still, the future is unwritten. I don't know who will win next week. I hope the Bengals play the best game they are capable of, instead of this ugly stuff they've turned in for 5 or 6 quarters of the last two games they've played. We'll see.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Technically we've been on the "verge" before (2006) but ended 8-8.

Still, the future is unwritten. I don't know who will win next week. I hope the Bengals play the best game they are capable of, instead of this ugly stuff they've turned in for 5 or 6 quarters of the last two games they've played. We'll see.
you forgot 2003
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 935

Look alot of us fans have been with this team for a long time and we're getting tired of having losing season,missing the playoffs and going to the playoffs just to go 1 and done. We want change we want to win playoff games. We are in control of our destiny right now but that won't last long if we keep playing like we have the past 2 weeks. We have 2 more games hopefully we can win both of them and get to the playoffs and Win a game instead of going home after the first round.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Where do you people come from? Seriously? So now not only are we gonna make the playoffs, we are going to beat the ravens, broncos, and pats, to go to the SB???
I would rather prepare for glory than live in doom and gloom. They won ugly tonight, have lots of time to prepare for pissburg, and can beat any of those teams I discussed. If you don't see it, that is a you problem
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3170

You know...people would have a way better time enjoying this team if for just 4 hours a sunday.....they forget about the past or the future. Because right NOW this team is fun and young and even at the young age they are winning at a rate that only a small percentage of the league can win at

Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29515

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBENGAL View Post
Playoffs are a long shot.. We cannot win in Pittsburg..
So much for that.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
So much for that.
Everyone needs to rep him bad, I couldnt think of a more deserving person for all the **** he's said all year