Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 0
bengals Postseason odds?

First off I am glad to be here I have read these forums for years but rarely posted. I am a bengals fan living in Pittsburgh so obviously I take a lot of abuse lol. But I was messing with the playoff machine on ESPN, and it looks like we will be much better off for a post season run if Dallas can pull it out against the Stoolers. Because if we beat Pittsburgh then we are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in week 17. I would love nothing more then to make the playoffs at the Stoolers expense. After tonight we have a long ways to go but I think it is possible the Stoolers are very beatable if we play to our potential. So go Dallas and Go Bengals!

Who Dey all the way from Pittsburgh!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: Postseason odds?

I'm still frustrated by the loss to Dallas. We had better just focus on winning the games ahead of us & not be hoping for the Steelers to lose.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17152

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetusinc View Post
First off I am glad to be here I have read these forums for years but rarely posted. I am a bengals fan living in Pittsburgh so obviously I take a lot of abuse lol. But I was messing with the playoff machine on ESPN, and it looks like we will be much better off for a post season run if Dallas can pull it out against the Stoolers. Because if we beat Pittsburgh then we are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in week 17. I would love nothing more then to make the playoffs at the Stoolers expense. After tonight we have a long ways to go but I think it is possible the Stoolers are very beatable if we play to our potential. So go Dallas and Go Bengals!

Who Dey all the way from Pittsburgh!!!
Another Ankle breaker
Go away
Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

bengals Re: Postseason odds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I'm still frustrated by the loss to Dallas. We had better just focus on winning the games ahead of us & not be hoping for the Steelers to lose.
Agreed whole hearted, but would much rather beat the Stoolers next week then know we are in regardless of what happens in week 17.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1352

Quote:
Because if we beat Pittsburgh then we are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in week 17. !
Why does everyone keep spreading this misinformation? If the Jets win out, they will take our 6th seed if we lose to Baltimore week 17!

Although we may not agree on everything, the fact that you're a Bengals fan makes you alright in my book!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wise-Old-Bengal-Fan View Post
Why does everyone keep spreading this misinformation? If the Jets win out, they will take our 6th seed if we lose to Baltimore week 17!
You sir are correct but honestly do you really think that can happen?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Default Clearing up the playoff misinformation

People keep saying... "If Dallas beats the Steelers this week then if we beat Pittsburgh then we are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in week 17.

Why does everyone keep spreading this misinformation? If the Jets win out, they will take our 6th seed if we lose to Baltimore week 17! We will both be 9-7 but we will have a 6-6 conf. record compared to their 7-5 conf. Record. Which just so happens to be the exact same way the Jets usually makes the playoffs.

Although we may not agree on everything, the fact that you're a Bengals fan makes you alright in my book!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
so if Baltimore is losing to the likes of Charlie Batch and Kirk Cousins, who is to say the Bengals cant beat Baltimore?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You sir are correct but honestly do you really think that can happen?
They have a favorable schedule and history the last few years says its more probable than nought.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17876
Default Re: Clearing up the playoff misinformation

Quote:
People keep saying... "If Dallas beats the Steelers this week then if we beat Pittsburgh then we are in the playoffs regardless of what happens in week 17.

Why does everyone keep spreading this misinformation? If the Jets win out, they will take our 6th seed if we lose to Baltimore week 17! We will both be 9-7 but we will have a 6-6 conf. record compared to their 7-5 conf. Record. Which just so happens to be the exact same way the Jets usually makes the playoffs.

The announcers of the game were horrible also stating that if we lost the game to the Eagles we were out of it.

The next two games especially against the Steelers will dictate whether we make the playoffs.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

I agree! The colts can loose out and probably will and still make the playoffs. The Jets are the only team that can prevent them from making the playoffs. This is of course requires that either the Bengals or Steelers get to 10 wins and win the division.

Last edited by The-Wise-Old-Bengal-Fan; 12-14-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
They have a favorable schedule and history the last few years says its more probable than nought.
the Jets were in this same scenario last year the week we lost to Houston and they went to 8-5 with 3 weeks left and controlled their own destiny, they then lost to the 5-8 Eagles, the 7-7 Giants and the 5-10 Dolphins

that's not a history that favors them
Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Default For the Bengals, the playoffs start against the Steelers.

The game against the Eagles meant little. Had we lost that game, but still won the last two games against Pitt and Balt, we would be in the playoffs. We beat the Eagles, but losing to Pitt would virtually eliminate us from the playoffs unless both Dallas and the Browns lose to Pitt AND the Jets lose one of their last 3 easy games.

So in essence, the playoffs start now and I was correct in another thread, we should have played our 3rd stringers against the Eagles and give our starters a two week rest. Now we have our fullback injured in a game which was meaningless, since the playoffs really start against the Steelers, whether we won against the Eagles or not.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I agree! The colts can loose out and probably will and still make the playoffs. The Jets are the only team that can prevent them from making the playoffs. This is of course requires that either the Bengals or Steelers get to 10 wins and win the division.

If the Colts, Steelers, Bengals and Jets reach 9-7, the Bengals will get seed 5 and the Jets seed 6 of the playoffs
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
the Jets were in this same scenario last year the week we lost to Houston and they went to 8-5 with 3 weeks left and controlled their own destiny, they then lost to the 5-8 Eagles, the 7-7 Giants and the 5-10 Dolphins

Keep going back. 1 year is not a good sample size.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Why don't you go back to year 2009, when the Jets were 7-7 and beat the Colts and us on the last game of the season to make the playoffs and they did and went all the way to the AFC Championship.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
If the Colts, Steelers, Bengals and Jets reach 9-7, the Bengals will get seed 5 and the Jets seed 6 of the playoffs
Wrong!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 47

mreh?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2649
Default Re: For the Bengals, the playoffs start against the Steelers.

Every win counts. I would have been upset had we just threw the game away at this point in the season. Resting a guy this week doesn't guarantee he doesn't get injured in the next.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Why don't you go back to year 2009, when the Jets were 7-7 and beat the Colts and us on the last game of the season to make the playoffs and they did and went all the way to the AFC Championship.
they beat 2 teams that benched it out, name 1 opponent they have benching it out in their next 3 weeks? or even last year for that matter? if anything it seems like they have more trouble with the lesser teams than the postseason teams?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
they beat 2 teams that benched it out, name 1 opponent they have benching it out in their next 3 weeks? or even last year for that matter? if anything it seems like they have more trouble with the lesser teams than the postseason teams?
This uses the same characters as our English language... I should be able to decipher it given enough time.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
This uses the same characters as our English language... I should be able to decipher it given enough time.
in 2009 the Colts and Bengals pulled their starters and the Jets won both games off them doing that, well the Jets probably could have beat the Bengals either way but they lucked out with the Colts, then in 2011 when the Jets were 8-5 and in control of their own destiny with 3 winnable games left, they lost to the 5-8 Eagles, the 7-7 Giants and the 5-10 Dolphins - right now they have the 4-9 Titans, 5-8 Chargers and 5-8 Bills left

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 12-14-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
The game against the Eagles meant little. Had we lost that game, but still won the last two games against Pitt and Balt, we would be in the playoffs. We beat the Eagles, but losing to Pitt would virtually eliminate us from the playoffs unless both Dallas and the Browns lose to Pitt AND the Jets lose one of their last 3 easy games.

So in essence, the playoffs start now and I was correct in another thread, we should have played our 3rd stringers against the Eagles and give our starters a two week rest. Now we have our fullback injured in a game which was meaningless, since the playoffs really start against the Steelers, whether we won against the Eagles or not.
You sir are a moron and I think you meant to say unless the Cowboys and Browns both beat the Steelers.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Every win counts. I would have been upset had we just threw the game away at this point in the season. Resting a guy this week doesn't guarantee he doesn't get injured in the next.
Not this win and not for the 6th seed of the playoffs. If we hope for the division title, then yes, the win counts. But more realistic, if we want to secure the 6th spot it is the games against the Steelers and Raven that counts and not the game against the Eagles. We won against the Eagles, but if we lose next week we are virtually gone from the playoffs. Had we lost against the Eagles, but won the next two games we would be in the playoffs it is simple as that.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You sir are a moron....

You beach are an arse!!!!

Last edited by BengalYankee; 12-14-2012 at 03:50 AM.