Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25779
Default Geno tonight

Has anyone seen a guy held as often and as badly as Geno was tonight on a consistent basis WITHOUT the calls?
It was pathetic. Their center and guards were all over him. Hands outside the frame, grabbing under the shoulders.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2253
Default Re: Geno tonight

For as close as the refs were calling flags tonight I can't believe the Eagles weren't penalized more. Several blatant holds went uncalled and atleast a couple PIs
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38034

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Has anyone seen a guy held as often and as badly as Geno was tonight on a consistent basis WITHOUT the calls?
It was pathetic. Their center and guards were all over him. Hands outside the frame, grabbing under the shoulders.
Coaches need to work the refs to get those calls.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24364

I was getting so fizzed at the refs. It was so damn blatant. Eventually they called a couple, but they were letting most of them slide. On one run inside our 10, I saw them tugging down both Geno and Rey.

Our D held it's frigging ground tonight. We hadn't been getting alot of turnovers before tonight. Maybe now they'll start coming in droves.

It was also promising to see one of our CBs actually catch an INT. All that good coaching finally paid off.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Coaches need to work the refs to get those calls.
It is absurd. The ticky-tacky calls we have been victimized (yes we are victims of BS calls the last 2 weeks) and the mugging Geno gets is absurd. Only word for it.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Geno got into the backfield quite a bit...Michael Johnson was absent.
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7183

I was literally screaming at my TV all game long because the Eagles held 9/10 plays. Seriously, watch the footage. It was unbelievable that nothing was being called.

Luckily, it didn't matter in the end but still. These refs were atrocious tonight.
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17722

Quote:
I noticed it also. It was another poorly officiated game. Overall, the quality of NFL refs is poor every year. Quite frankly, they are a joke.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38034

Quote:
It is absurd. The ticky-tacky calls we have been victimized (yes we are victims of BS calls the last 2 weeks) and the mugging Geno gets is absurd. Only word for it.
I was sayin' it the whole time everyone was crying for the regular officials back.....The regular guys stink too, maybe not quite as bad, but that was probably as much of a function of the added pressure of being "the replacements" and the microscope they were under, never getting the benefit of the doubt on their calls etc..

You bring up two calls that went against us specifically, how about that Ray Rice non- "conversion" of 4th and 29. We should be looking at being tied for first in the division were the Ravens to lose this Sunday to the Broncos had the officials not given, reviewed and still given Rice that ridiculous spot.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I noticed it also. It was another poorly officiated game. Overall, the quality of NFL refs is poor every year. Quite frankly, they are a joke.
Seriously. These refs are making me miss the replacements... not even kidding. How much has really changed since the replacements? They're still as s*****y as always.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I was sayin' it the whole time everyone was crying for the regular officials back.....The regular guys stink too, maybe not quite as bad, but that was probably as much of a function of the added pressure of being "the replacements" and the microscope they were under, never getting the benefit of the doubt on their calls etc..

You bring up two calls that went against us specifically, how about that Ray Rice non- "conversion" of 4th and 29. We should be looking at being tied for first in the division were the Ravens to lose this Sunday to the Broncos had the officials not given, reviewed and still given Rice that ridiculous spot.
Agreed. The refs were god awful week 1 (replacements) and sure as hell didn't help thing
Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29324

The only sacks involving anyone named Geno tonight in Philadelphia were used in take-out orders at that famous steak place called Geno's.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
The only sacks involving anyone named Geno tonight in Philadelphia were used in take-out orders at that famous steak place called Geno's.
No but I bet the entire Philly OL could tell you Geno's inseam with how tight they were holding him
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17722

Quote:

They also missed an obvious push in the back against Weddle 10 yards before he went down while he was trying to make a tackle. They had to be blind to miss that call.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I was getting so fizzed at the refs. It was so damn blatant. Eventually they called a couple, but they were letting most of them slide. On one run inside our 10, I saw them tugging down both Geno and Rey.

Our D held it's frigging ground tonight.
We hadn't been getting alot of turnovers before tonight. Maybe now they'll start coming in droves.

It was also promising to see one of our CBs actually catch an INT. All that good coaching finally paid off.
They won this game and the run defense has been superb lately.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1688

Quote:
I said I'm no conspiracy theorist but that NFC east gets away with some bs though on a more positive note he was held more last week...
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73801

I would imagine refs expect Geno to get there s quickly and expect (And therefore unconciously expand) the hold area/time. Basically, Geno is actually too quick and good
Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

I saw them hold Geno, Geathers, Peko, MJ, Dunlap, and Gilberry tonight and no calls.

This was terrible, on one play they tackled Geno, right infront of the ref, and no call. They had their arm around his neck, and pulled him down, and no call!!!

I am starting to think, the refs try and keep the score inside the points spread sometimes.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-14-2012, 02:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9798

We got the fury of the officiating crew.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Eventually they called a couple, but they were letting most of them slide.
I think that's how it always is. Holding could be called on just about every play ever. We just notice it more clearly now because of how good Geno is.

lol @ those saying replacement refs are better or that nfl refs are consistently terrible. Exactly what football refs are better that you would prefer?

Obviously they cannot be perfect, but most of these claims seem pretty ridiculous to me.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Geno's steaks are overrated

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4119

Grabby McMathis.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Geno's steaks are overrated
True, but so is everything else that came out of Pennsylvania. Heck, that state has been resting on its laurels since 1787.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
For as close as the refs were calling flags tonight I can't believe the Eagles weren't penalized more. Several blatant holds went uncalled and atleast a couple PIs
Like the pass to AJ in the end zone. DB never looked back at thew ball AND ran into AJ before the ball got there. Met all the qualifications and still no call.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Like the pass to AJ in the end zone. DB never looked back at thew ball AND ran into AJ before the ball got there. Met all the qualifications and still no call.
I agree....I was screaming at my TV about that