Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32054
Default Thoughts on the Eagles game

The Good:

- Wallace Gilberry. I'm starting to wonder if we should keep him over MJ. He'll be cheaper and his production (6 sacks) in limited snaps is amazing. I tried to tell you guys that this dude balled out in KC. Had a ton of pressures as a 3-4 end.

- Law Firm. Man was I ever wrong about him. He's been in beast mode for 6 weeks. Even bfine has to admit he's playing great. Right bfine?

- The whole defense, period. They've been playing great for several weeks now. The defense won the game today. Almost all of our points came from turnovers.

- AJ Green. DRC was a bad matchup for AJ because of his length. He was also doubled with bracketed coverage all day. Still had a solid game.

- Andy. I know Andy will catch a ton of flack, but I think he showed a lot of heart today. The protection was almost non-existant and he obviously doesn't trust most of our receivers. Yet he still managed 2 scores and made some plays we really needed it.

- Josh Brown. I don't hate Nuge at all, but I think we should ride with Brown. He's had a good career and has been money here. Big leg. Nuge can't stay healthy anyway.

- Zimmer. At least the defense was fired up today.

The bad:

- Marvin Jones. He's a rookie, and not all rookies are ready right away. I think that's the case here. We should've looked at veterans as soon as Sanu went down.

- Gresh. Is it just me, or does he get a penalty every week? He can't block and his hands are inconsistent. One game, you see why he was a first round pick. The next game he looks like a glorified Dan Coats. So inconsistent.

- Marv. Marv showed a little fire today, but we really need to see more. He can't stand for all these penalties and drops. That's complete lack of discipline.

- Jay. I love Jay, but where's the creativity? Dalton has no reliable options outside of AJ. So, we need to be more creative to cover that up.

- Brandon friggin Tate. Dude is a bone head. Luckily, his mistakes didn't cost us. Today.

Overall, I'm just stoked we won. The playoffs start in Pittsburgh next Sunday.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 12-14-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7334
Default Re: Thoughts on the Eagles game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
The Good:

- Wallace Gilberry. I'm starting to wonder if we should keep him over MJ. He'll be cheaper and his production (6 sacks) in limited snaps is amazing. I tried to tell you guys that this dude balled out in KC. Had a ton of pressures as a 3-4 end.

- Law Firm. Man was I ever wrong about him. He's been in beast mode for 6 weeks. Even bfine has to admit he's playing great. Right bfine?

- The whole defense, period. They've been playing great for several weeks now. The defense won the game today. Almost all of our points came from turnovers.

- AJ Green. DRC was a bad matchup for AJ because of his length. He was also doubled with bracketed coverage all day. Still had a solid game.

- Andy. I know Andy will catch a ton of flack, but I think he showed a lot of heart today. The protection was almost non-existant and he obviously doesn't trust most of our receivers. Yet he still managed 2 scores and made some plays we really needed.

- Josh Brown. I don't hate Nuge at all, but I think we should ride with Brown. He's had a good career and has been money here. Big leg. Nuge can't stay healthy anyway.

The bad:

- Marvin Jones. He's a rookie, and not all rookies are ready right away. I think that's the case here. We should've looked at veterans as soon as Sanu went down.

- Gresh. Is it just me, or does he get a penalty every week? He can't block and his hands are inconsistent. One game, you see why he was a first round pick. The next game he looks like a glorified Dan Coats. So inconsistent.

- Marv. Marv showed a little fire today, but we really need to see more. He can't stand for all these penalties and drops. That's complete lack of discipline.

- Jay. I love Jay, but where's the creativity? Dalton has no reliable options outside of AJ. So, we need to be more creative to cover that up.

- Brandon friggin Tate. Dude is a bone head. Luckily, his mistakes didn't cost us. Today.

About right. Also remember 6-7 more dropped passes tonight. Any wonder that Andy doesn't trust any receiver other than AJ?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9475

Tate has a fruity pebble in his cranium
Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631

And the UGLY:

The entire offensive line - all 5 of them (and roland when he was in for a few).

Seriously though, why not keep both MJ and Gilberry, they are making a good combination. Just saying, be careful what you wish for, remember all the Justin Smith isn't worth the money talk.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
And the UGLY:

The entire offensive line - all 5 of them (and roland when he was in for a few).

Seriously though, why not keep both MJ and Gilberry, they are making a good combination. Just saying, be careful what you wish for, remember all the Justin Smith isn't worth the money talk.
This. Can't believe I left out the o-line and the drops. Simply terrible.

As for MJ and Gilberry, I'd love to keep both, just don't think we will. I see Gilberry getting a Frostee/Fanene type contract next year.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9873

Quote:
This. Can't believe I left out the o-line and the drops. Simply terrible.

As for MJ and Gilberry, I'd love to keep both, just don't think we will. I see Gilberry getting a Frostee/Fanene type contract next year.
No love for Herron?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraNirvana View Post
No love for Herron?
I should've taken more time with this. Yes, Herron of course.

I was really wrong about him. I eat crow on that.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1441

The good

The red zone defense was outstanding tonight.it held the Eagles to
Field goals.
BenJarvis was still getting his yards minus a lead FB
The secondary didnt allow the Eagles Wrs to get YAC
The defense won the game tonight
Josh Brown.how can we retain him?
Dan Herron. Showed some quick feet tonight and blocked punt
Vontaze Burfict laying the wood tonight

The Bad
Daltons lack of faith in his WRs
Stupid penalties
No flow in the offense
Atkins was quiet
Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23828

I know you mentioned the entire D, but Burfict played like a man possessed tonight. I loved the thump he put on the RB on that last screen pass. It's been a long time since we've seen a Bengals lay that kind of wood on someone.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
The Good:

- Andy. I know Andy will catch a ton of flack, but I think he showed a lot of heart today. The protection was almost non-existant and he obviously doesn't trust most of our receivers. Yet he still managed 2 scores and made some plays we really needed it.

The bad:

I agree on all, but one thing.

Marvin Jones was wide open about six times tonight and did not get targeted once.

He had his guy beat by two steps on a crossing pattern and Dalton was running for his life.

Jone had beat everyone and was open for a TD, but Dalton was sacked.

The big issue with this game, and the last has been the O line. What is the difference between the O line two games ago, where the anouncers were saying it was one of the best in the NFL, and the last two games?

They are playing Cook, over Robinson.

It is plain for anyone to see Robinson is better than Cook, and has chemistry with the rest of the O line.

Switching back and forth is destroying the timing of the O line and killing the chemistry.

Robinson needs to be starting and Cook needs to be setting on the bench.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I agree on all, but one thing.

Marvin Jones was wide open about six times tonight and did not get targeted once.

He had his guy beat by two steps on a crossing pattern and Dalton was running for his life.

Jone had beat everyone and was open for a TD, but Dalton was sacked.

The big issue with this game, and the last has been the O line. What is the difference between the O line two games ago, where the anouncers were saying it was one of the best in the NFL, and the last two games?

They are playing Cook, over Robinson.

It is plain for anyone to see Robinson is better than Cook, and has chemistry with the rest of the O line.

Switching back and forth is destroying the timing of the O line and killing the chemistry.

Robinson needs to be starting and Cook needs to be setting on the bench.
I really have no idea what they're doing there. Robinson was playing just fine.

Even berserker has to admit that swapping them in and out can't be good for the offense.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Um...Marvin had a couple of drops and also pulled up short for no reason at all on a deep pattern that would have been an easy TD. Things like that contribute to Andy not trusting the receivers not named AJ. Realistically with the number of drops and bad routes what QB would trust them?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 87

Dunlap showed up in the first 5 minutes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Um...Marvin had a couple of drops and also pulled up short for no reason at all on a deep pattern that would have been an easy TD. Things like that contribute to Andy not trusting the receivers not named AJ. Realistically with the number of drops and bad routes what QB would trust them?

Maybe we should think about running a few double TE sets with Gresh and Charles.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9391

Gresh has had the dropsies for two weeks in a row now. He needs to tighten his **** up.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
It was Green who pulled up short on the deep ball.

Marvin was wide open on 6, or 7 routes and Dalton had no time to get him the ball.
On one play he was 5 yards beyound any of the defenders, but Dalton was running for his life and didn't see him.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
It was Green who pulled up short on the deep ball.

Marvin was wide open on 6, or 7 routes and Dalton had no time to get him the ball.
On one play he was 5 yards beyound any of the defenders, but Dalton was running for his life and didn't see him.
It was Marvin not AJ. We all know you like Marvin Jones but the fact is he has been erratic to put it lightly.

It's no coincidence that when we had Sanu out there getting regular snaps the offense was like a machine in the redzone and as soon as he went out we went right back into the doldrums.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 268

Burfect called for holding the receiver on crossing route as their qb was scrambling….2nd 8:42 (look it up)

I thought that was impossible. Holding can't occur when the QB is out of the pocket. Everybody who thought the TD they called back on us last week should have been ****** with that call. Honestly, I thought that the refs were trying to screw us once again during this game at one point. Seriously, I have no clue what is allowed versus what is not allowed. Apparently, you cannot hit people whatsoever on special teams anymore. Because if they are not looking, it is a blindside hit. Of course, you'll see multiple hits like that next week and the Steelers won't get on it called once.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I know you mentioned the entire D, but Burfict played like a man possessed tonight. I loved the thump he put on the RB on that last screen pass. It's been a long time since we've seen a Bengals lay that kind of wood on someone.
Burfict played like a top notch Lb tonight.

I too liked the hit. I just wish we could see a few of those on rapistburger next week.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 97

Wallace Gilberry deserves a 3yr contract after the year is up, dude was ballin out tonight and it brought a huge smile to my face when he took that fumble back for a TD.

Burfict as always was solid and he was showing no mercy out there tonight.

Also, Andy has got a little bit of pep in his step when he takes off out of the pocket. There was that one run where he went for 8 or 9 yards and almost got the first down and he seemed to scoot. He looks faster than he seems and it makes me glad to not see Lurch back in the pocket anymore because we all know CP wouldn't have ran for that TD or any of the other ones now let alone back in the day.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

Honestly, after watching that game, there wasnt anything good that came of this game other then the final score on the big board.

The Trenches - both offensively and defensively, our lines were HORRIBLE. Probably the worst game for both lines. Our offensive line got manhandled tonight. Our defensive line finally found a little spark towards the end of the game, but wow, it was bad.

AD - He was awful. I know he didnt get much time to stand in the pocket, but when he got the oppurtunity to throw the ball, it was no where near being accurate. 13/27 for 130 some odd yards. 2 fumbles. He cannot throw a deep ball to save his life. A couple of balls should have been INT had the Eagles not pulled a play out of the Bengals defensive playbook and dropped the INTs

BJGE - he had the best game out of anyone. 25/106 with a TD is pretty damn good. Maybe the only good to come of this game.

WR - AJ Green still remains the only legit WR on this team. However, the QB needs time to throw to anyone, and AD simply did not have the time. Gresham caught a few balls but it was bad.

The Defense - giving up 13 points is not bad at all. Ill take it. If it werent for the Eagles fumbling the balls, this game would have been a nail biter to the end. The Eagles pretty much gave us those balls because they were not wrapped up at all. This defense was the only reason we finished with 34 points and they finished with 13

Josh Brown was good again!!!!!!!!

Our inconsistency and penalties fall on our coaching staff. This team is so hit or miss its unbelievable. What a joke. If this were the Steelers, we would have gotten stomped. They better shore things up because if tonights game was "Controlling Our Own Destiny," we are screwed. Penalties were ticky tacky all night but someone needs to light some ***** after all those. Get in some faces and make sure they stop moving or holding or whatever, but Jesus Christ, you cannot allow it to continue to happen.

This game was hard to watch and the scoreboard is indicative to how the game really went. They have a nice, long break till they play the steelers and they better get their **** together. Cuz this steelers game is the most important game of the season.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3250

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but generally speaking if the offense was playing at the same level as the defense then this team would be truly scary. I hope that happens...and soon. As of right now we're riding our defense to wins.

What we need is a better passing game since the run game has finally emerged. The passing game was coming together until Sanu went down but we have more then enough talent on the active roster to get it done.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4019

Bad: Penalties. Particularly the holds, the unsportsmanlike (Adam Jones losing it) and Dunlap's personal foul...that's two weeks in a row!

Vontaze is getting close, too. However, he was on the right side of the fence this time. Great game!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlaya View Post
The good

The red zone defense was outstanding tonight.it held the Eagles to
Field goals.
BenJarvis was still getting his yards minus a lead FB
The secondary didnt allow the Eagles Wrs to get YAC
The defense won the game tonight
Josh Brown.how can we retain him?
Dan Herron. Showed some quick feet tonight and blocked punt
Vontaze Burfict laying the wood tonight

The Bad
Daltons lack of faith in his WRs
Stupid penalties
No flow in the offense
Atkins was quiet
Watch the game again. Geno was held on pretty much every single play. I can't believe the refs never called it considering how much they called it on us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 252772

Quote:
The Good:

The bad:

Agreed!