Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14040
Default Well we're getting slammed

But who cares. If it was the Steelers/Ravens they'd be singing their praises. Talking about that stout D taking over and winning the game for the offense. They'd be praising the resilience of the team to be able to win the ugly games as well as the dominant ones. And they'd be praising their ability to overcome adversity. Nevertheless the talking points going around is that we lost. Lost a game that the score says ended 34-13. And while their points may have some truth to them, you can't help but to know that other teams wouldn't get the same response from the national media as we are this morning. Ugly game yes. A loss though?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...e-best-you-got

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ying-like-that
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5028
Default Re: Well we're getting slammed

We get zero respect!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45614

National media hates it when small market team beats major market francise.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13572

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
But who cares. If it was the Steelers/Ravens they'd be singing their praises. Talking about that stout D taking over and winning the game for the offense. They'd be praising the resilience of the team to be able to win the ugly games as well as the dominant ones. And they'd be praising their ability to overcome adversity. Nevertheless the talking points going around is that we lost. Lost a game that the score says ended 34-13. And while their points may have some truth to them, you can't help but to know that other teams wouldn't get the same response from the national media as we are this morning. Ugly game yes. A loss though?

LOL. I read one of them earlier. It is always, Philly giving away plays, or coughing up the ball as opposed to our D taking it.

There was no excuse for our O last night, but the D played big time.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5444

Only the Bengals can make a blow-out win seem like a humilating defeat.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5524

Honestly, we didn't win that game as much as Philly lost it. 3 turnovers in, what, 4 offensive plays has little to do with our defense (a pass that fell 10 yards short of the target and a muffed handoff). It was a close game (that we were losing) late into the third quarter. The final score in no way reflects how close we were to a loss. How many times did we score we started on our own half?

I'm glad we won, but you can't get all offended when a potential playoff team can barely squeak by a 4-win team with a 3rd string rookie at QB.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Look...we all know... until they beat the Steelers....and heck, then they probably have to beat the Ravens... since the Jets and their Rasputin ways....where teams just find the dumbest ways to lose to them..... never seem to go away. But they have to beat those teams at least once to be taken more seriously.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 196

Philly definitely lost the game...

Does anyone really think the Bengals team that showed up last night looks like a playoff contender...

Lewis better fix all of the **** right now!
Oh how I wish Hall of Fame coach Paul Brown were still alive so he could slap his Hall of Lame son. Dear Bengals fans, if you want to understand why you have one of the two or three worst franchises in the NFL, Brown is your reason.
- Jason Cole, YAHOO Sports!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10067

I liked this comment:

Quote:
Zombie_Zilla
"The Yankees aren't paying Peyton Manning enough so the Red Sox went with Tim Tebow and Kobe Bryant."

Summary of anything ESPN ever says. You're welcome.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10067

So what was this guy's opinion when the Steelers got an ugly win against KC?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Honestly, we didn't win that game as much as Philly lost it. 3 turnovers in, what, 4 offensive plays has little to do with our defense (a pass that fell 10 yards short of the target and a muffed handoff). It was a close game (that we were losing) late into the third quarter. The final score in no way reflects how close we were to a loss. How many times did we score we started on our own half?

I'm glad we won, but you can't get all offended when a potential playoff team can barely squeak by a 4-win team with a 3rd string rookie at QB.

Football has 3 phases. It's not always about offense. Didn't the Stoolers squeak it out against the Eagles? I may be wrong but I think it was 16-14 on 4th qtr FG. The Eagles had 3 or 4 turnovers in that game. I'm glad they can't be considered a playoff team since we play them next week.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5524

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanMaroni View Post
Football has 3 phases. It's not always about offense. Didn't the Stoolers squeak it out against the Eagles? I may be wrong but I think it was 16-14 on 4th qtr FG. The Eagles had 3 or 4 turnovers in that game. I'm glad they can't be considered a playoff team since we play them next week.
Why are the Steelers the standard? They're awful this year, who cares what anyone thinks about them?

The fact remains that we didn't play well last night, and we were fortunate that the Eagles played worse. I don't care what is or isn't being said about us, nor what might have been said if this happened with another team. We played badly, and we need to be better to win a playoff game. Period.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
Look...we all know... until they beat the Steelers....and heck, then they probably have to beat the Ravens... since the Jets and their Rasputin ways....where teams just find the dumbest ways to lose to them..... never seem to go away. But they have to beat those teams at least once to be taken more seriously.
Exactly. The Steelers get praised for 'winning ugly' ... like they did earlier in the year in OT over a very bad Chiefs team ... because they've won championships. Until we do ... until we at least win a playoff game .. we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt on games like last night.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Why are the Steelers the standard? They're awful this year, who cares what anyone thinks about them?

The fact remains that we didn't play well last night, and we were fortunate that the Eagles played worse. I don't care what is or isn't being said about us, nor what might have been said if this happened with another team. We played badly, and we need to be better to win a playoff game. Period.
I didn't say they were the standard, I'm only saying our next opponent can't be considered a playoff team just like we can't be considered a playoff team ... even though one of the 2 will make the playoffs. I don't think anyone said they played great.

I think the point of the thread is that when the Stoolers squeaked it out, they were hailed as being resilient. The Bengals blow them out, and it's all negative. The Stoolers beat the Giants and it was "Steelers back on track against the Super Bowl champs." The Bengals beat the Giants and it was "What's wrong with the Giants?" The Bengals go to SD and win and it's all about the Bengals didn't score enough. The same SD team goes to Pitt the next week and blows the Stoolers out, yet the pub continues to be negative on the Bengals. I don't really care what the media says, but at least be fair and use the same standard.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7035

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
We get zero respect!
After last nights performance, do we really deserve any? That was the most humiliating win I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
If that's true, then why do they love kissing the Steelers a**?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Another media thread lol. It's all good though we won an ugly game but pitt n Balt have been playing pretty ugly ball too. I ain't scurrrredd.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
I have noticed that, during the Sunday night game with the Steelers they just glorified the Steelers and said nothing about the Bengals.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6800

The sports media coverage is pretty silly. Whether they like it or not our defense went out and took that game away from the Eagles. Philly got only 13 points and of the 5 turnovers the D forced three for sure and a good argument could be made for a fourth.

Remember, fumble forced by Reggie getting in a stripping the receiver. Hall making a superb play on his INT, Sims shooting the gap and blowing up the running play while the exchange was still in process. Whether the sports media likes it or not the Bengals beat the Eagles - it was not a gimme.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Here are my thoughts:
1) The Dunalp strip from behind, was not Philly's fault. It was a football play, which was emphasized in game prep.
2) Herron pushing his guy into the punter, was a football play. It was not Philly's fault. He partially blocked a punt last week.
3) The Hall interception was a football play. It was underthrown, but Hall was with the receiver step-for-step, and broke off the receiver to intercept the ball.
4) The RB fumble, was a Philly mistake, but it was caused by Sims blowing the gap. I consider it a football play by a DT.
5) I don't know what the punt was.
6) The 100+ yards on the ground was not Philly's fault. Their D-line used their smaller size and speed to disrupt the passing game, and our O-line used their mass and strength to mow down their front seven, for our running game.

Yes, the speed of Philly's D-line and rushing LBs gave our O-line fits all night, but you take what is given.

I view this as a huge victory. I am not a homer at all. If you had said at the beginning of this season that we would go 3-1 againt NFC East, I would doubt your sanity. We almost went 4-0.

I think we are built for the physical AFC North style of football. The Ravens and Steelers success in post-season suggests that this style of football can win it all. If we get our Y and Z receivers sorted out, watch out!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
I have noticed that, during the Sunday night game with the Steelers they just glorified the Steelers and said nothing about the Bengals.
I could be wrong but I could have sworn Pittsburgh was considered a small market... isn't it roughly the same size as Cincinnati??
Old 12-14-2012, 11:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23158

Honey Boo Boo Cracks Barbara Walters Most Fascinating People of 2012 List

Do we need to say anything more about the media? Really?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23158

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
I could be wrong but I could have sworn Pittsburgh was considered a small market... isn't it roughly the same size as Cincinnati??
They have a national fan base of people with very low self esteem, tiny wieners, and no sense of local loyalty. They just leech on to the team they associate with winning, since that, by default, makes them winners, too. It sort of works like Extenze. They haven't won anything, but it makes them feel like they have.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Honey Boo Boo Cracks Barbara Walters Most Fascinating People of 2012 List

Do we need to say anything more about the media? Really?
Can someone please explain to me why that hideous, spoiled, fat child is as famous as Justin Bieber?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post

win by 21 dispite a ton of mistakes = We are horrible

Win by 3 because of a lucky run (after a horrible game) = play of the year... hmmmmmm.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 391

I honestly think that the only thing that will change sports medias perception about this franchise is the obvious. Winning the Super Bowl. We will still be the Bungles, and one of the laughing stocks of the league until they hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Something tells me though even if that were to happen, it would be a "lucky run" or "the other teams melt down" LOL